Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

What's happened to Dougie Freedman?

+14
JAH
MartinBWFC
Hipster_Nebula
okocha
rammywhite
bryan458
rogercpc
observer
BoltonTillIDie
aaron_bwfc
Boggersbelief
karlypants
NickFazer
doffcocker
18 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

21What's happened to Dougie Freedman? - Page 2 Empty Re: What's happened to Dougie Freedman? Mon Dec 08 2014, 16:32

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

My personal thoughts are that Freedman did the best he could. It wasn't good enough and he got the chop which he has taken with dignity. He's not another Megson sniping at chairmen and fans after he's gone and the former players who have come out to have a go at him frankly saddened me because if anyone lacked class it was them. I lost a huge amount of respect for Kevin Davies over his comments. True or not they were unnecessary, the man's paid for his failure and should now be left alone. I personally wish him well and hope he succeeds somewhere. I don't doubt that the players are enjoying the different approach and results Lennon is getting but I personally think the best thing BWFC could do now is draw a solid line under this whole business and look forward not back. As to Dougie Freedman, well, I personally hope he has an enjoyable Christmas with his family and that we see him in football again somewhere and that it works out for him and whatever club he lands at. Sometimes a manager fails because it's just the wrong place at the wrong time rather than because he lacks ability and this could well have been one of those.

22What's happened to Dougie Freedman? - Page 2 Empty Re: What's happened to Dougie Freedman? Mon Dec 08 2014, 16:46

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Freedman went the way of many managers, he let his ego take over. He got what he deserved.

If he'd been more prepared to change he'd probably still be in a job.

23What's happened to Dougie Freedman? - Page 2 Empty Re: What's happened to Dougie Freedman? Mon Dec 08 2014, 16:54

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:Freedman went the way of many managers, he let his ego take over. He got what he deserved.

If he'd been more prepared to change he'd probably still be in a job.
You may well be right about this Nat but I still think that sniping at him after he's gone lacked class. I know he's probably had a fairly nice pay off but football is still one of the few places other than politics where the axe is so publicly delivered. The entire country knows Dougie Freedman lost his job because he was a failure and not good enough. It can't be nice to have that happen in such a fashion. I've been sacked myself once and it felt horrible but to have that happen and then see it plastered all over the papers, TV and internet must make it ten times worse. It's entirely possible his family heard about it from SSN or saw it on the web before he even got home and I do feel some sympathy for him even though it was clearly the right decision and probably should have happened in the summer. All I'd say is that it's now time to let go of the issue. We have a new manager who seems to be taking us in the right direction and I'd much rather focus on tomorrow than yesterday.

24What's happened to Dougie Freedman? - Page 2 Empty Re: What's happened to Dougie Freedman? Mon Dec 08 2014, 17:58

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

luckyPeterpiper wrote: We have a new manager who seems to be taking us in the right direction and I'd much rather focus on tomorrow than yesterday.

That sentence nails it for me.

25What's happened to Dougie Freedman? - Page 2 Empty Re: What's happened to Dougie Freedman? Tue Dec 09 2014, 21:55

JAH

JAH
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Jeez Peter stop feeling sorry for him. His pay off would be more than the average man sees in a lifetime! I think he'll get over the embarrassment don't you think? Most of the vocal voices have come from our youth academy players who were not allowed to interact with the first 11???? Nat has it absolutely right. His ego like Megsons got too big for our little club. It's just a shame that the vocal monitory couldn't get DF out of his job sooner as NL would have us in the top 6 by now.

26What's happened to Dougie Freedman? - Page 2 Empty Re: What's happened to Dougie Freedman? Tue Dec 09 2014, 22:17

If you think this team is top 6 material you're even more deluded than I thought.

27What's happened to Dougie Freedman? - Page 2 Empty Re: What's happened to Dougie Freedman? Tue Dec 09 2014, 23:47

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I wouldn't have expected he got a pay off, I'd probably think we'd just carry on paying his wages until the end of his contract. This is what we did with Megson

28What's happened to Dougie Freedman? - Page 2 Empty Re: What's happened to Dougie Freedman? Wed Dec 10 2014, 00:22

JAH has hit on a good point.

We need to stop viewing players and managers in terms that are based on our own experiences.

I don't want to make it all about money because we're all supposed to pretend that football's not just about financial gain and everybody involved just does it because they love the beautiful game but if we're all honest about it, they wouldn't do it if they didn't get paid handsomely, would they?

Once you get on that merry go round that ensures eternal riches (ie securing a job managing one of England's better known teams, like Freedman did) you're quids in!

Half a million quid for being completely useless at your job?

Yes please, where do I sign up...!

DF will survive and go and lick his wounds in his big house somewhere and take his kids to school in his Mercedes S Class and go to Mauritius on his holidays.

Don't weep for him, he's doing ok and won't ever have to worry about his gas bill.......

29What's happened to Dougie Freedman? - Page 2 Empty Re: What's happened to Dougie Freedman? Wed Dec 10 2014, 08:00

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:If you think this team is top 6 material you're even more deluded than I thought.

Winning every home game and picking up the odd point away from home would probably get us there.

30What's happened to Dougie Freedman? - Page 2 Empty Re: What's happened to Dougie Freedman? Wed Dec 10 2014, 10:37

Yes and winning every game for the next 10 years would win us every trophy in football. But that's not the point, do you think this squad has more quality in it than at least 18 others in the division?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum