Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Rotherham 4-2 Bolton

+21
Copper Dragon
luckyPeterpiper
Bollotom2014
terenceanne
rammywhite
aaron_bwfc
Keegan
BoltonTillIDie
Jkbjackson
Hipster_Nebula
boltonbonce
wanderlust
finlaymcdanger
Natasha Whittam
karlypants
wanderful life
NickFazer
Bwfc1958
Sluffy
Boggersbelief
Norpig
25 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 7 of 8]

121Rotherham 4-2 Bolton - Page 7 Empty Re: Rotherham 4-2 Bolton Wed Jan 28 2015, 05:00

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Just got back from the match, we need some players quick.

122Rotherham 4-2 Bolton - Page 7 Empty Re: Rotherham 4-2 Bolton Wed Jan 28 2015, 08:55

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

back at 5am? Which game did you go to? Was it abroad somewhere?  Laughing

Last edited by Norpig on Wed Jan 28 2015, 08:57; edited 1 time in total

123Rotherham 4-2 Bolton - Page 7 Empty Re: Rotherham 4-2 Bolton Wed Jan 28 2015, 08:56

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

scottjames30 wrote:Just got back from the match
What did you do? walk home in disgust? Very Happy

124Rotherham 4-2 Bolton - Page 7 Empty Re: Rotherham 4-2 Bolton Wed Jan 28 2015, 09:01

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He stopped off at Breadman's Travelodge room for a bit of stress relief.

125Rotherham 4-2 Bolton - Page 7 Empty Re: Rotherham 4-2 Bolton Wed Jan 28 2015, 09:12

Natasha Whittam wrote:He stopped off at Breadman's Travelodge room for a bit of stress relief.
i'm jealous

126Rotherham 4-2 Bolton - Page 7 Empty Re: Rotherham 4-2 Bolton Wed Jan 28 2015, 09:17

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sounds like the ref didn't help but that can't disguise the fact that we were simply not good enough. We haven't given some other teams enough respect this season but have generally got away with it until last night.
That match showed how weak the team is and how overhyped Lennon's abilities are.

127Rotherham 4-2 Bolton - Page 7 Empty Re: Rotherham 4-2 Bolton Wed Jan 28 2015, 09:21

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Lusty its not like you to go for kneejerk reactions like that. We have lost 2 games in the last 13 or 14, yes we were poor last night but i think its just a mixture of the paper thin squad (which incidentally is not something he can do much about at the moment) and a cup hangover. We were bottom when he came in and i for one will be happy with us being in mid-table for this season and looking to improve the squad over the summer and push on next season.

128Rotherham 4-2 Bolton - Page 7 Empty Re: Rotherham 4-2 Bolton Wed Jan 28 2015, 09:43

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:Lusty its not like you to go for kneejerk reactions like that. We have lost 2 games in the last 13 or 14, yes we were poor last night but i think its just a mixture of the paper thin squad (which incidentally is not something he can do much about at the moment) and a cup hangover. We were bottom when he came in and i for one will be happy with us being in mid-table for this season and looking to improve the squad over the summer and push on next season.

I agree mate. The problem is every time we scrape a win there's talk of the playoffs, talk of how good we are, disrespect for other teams in the league and far too much cockiness in general.
It's as though the performances don't matter and we forget that Lennon has picked up results on the back of unexceptional performances - some of which gave us victory only because of exceptional goalkeeping and more than our fair share of luck. They were close. We certainly haven't dominated teams in this division - and there's no reason to believe we might start doing so.
As I've said all along, the club's target is survival but Lennon's target seems to be a job managing in the Premiership - and there's no way that will happen with us unless there's a seismic change in our finances (buyer perhaps) or he sticks around to do some astute recruiting in the summer.

We can get further up this league but it won't be easy and Lennon has to do a better job because friends of mine at the match were saying that the players did not look motivated or committed to the cause last night - and that is down to the manager.

129Rotherham 4-2 Bolton - Page 7 Empty Re: Rotherham 4-2 Bolton Wed Jan 28 2015, 09:44

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:Sounds like the ref didn't help but that can't disguise the fact that we were simply not good enough. We haven't given some other teams enough respect this season but have generally got away with it until last night.
That match showed how weak the team is and how overhyped Lennon's abilities are.

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

130Rotherham 4-2 Bolton - Page 7 Empty Re: Rotherham 4-2 Bolton Wed Jan 28 2015, 09:47

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think the Norwich fan is having a breakdown.

131Rotherham 4-2 Bolton - Page 7 Empty Re: Rotherham 4-2 Bolton Wed Jan 28 2015, 09:52

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

First bad performance and Lennon is overhyped, he's only doing this for a prem job (doesn't care about bolton) and he's apparently lost the players who aren't playing for him.

/lustylogic.

132Rotherham 4-2 Bolton - Page 7 Empty Re: Rotherham 4-2 Bolton Wed Jan 28 2015, 09:54

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:
wanderlust wrote:Sounds like the ref didn't help but that can't disguise the fact that we were simply not good enough. We haven't given some other teams enough respect this season but have generally got away with it until last night.

The media totally overhype Lennon usually whilst speculating which "big club" (not Bolton) will offer him a job.
They may love him but his slick PR skills aren't enough IMO. For a start he needs to learn how to motivate the team to play at Rotherham on a Tuesday night.

Needs to focus on the job in hand and forget all the media attention that he so clearly loves.

133Rotherham 4-2 Bolton - Page 7 Empty Re: Rotherham 4-2 Bolton Wed Jan 28 2015, 09:56

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:I think the Norwich fan is having a breakdown.

And with that U turn you complete another circle but they are coming so thick and fast it just looks like you're in a spin.

134Rotherham 4-2 Bolton - Page 7 Empty Re: Rotherham 4-2 Bolton Wed Jan 28 2015, 09:59

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Laughing

135Rotherham 4-2 Bolton - Page 7 Empty Re: Rotherham 4-2 Bolton Wed Jan 28 2015, 10:00

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:

The media totally overhype Lennon usually whilst speculating which "big club" (not Bolton) will offer him a job.
They may love him but his slick PR skills aren't enough IMO. For a start he needs to learn how to motivate the team to play at Rotherham on a Tuesday night.

Needs to focus on the job in hand and forget all the media attention that he so clearly loves.

Interesting but the complete lack of evidence makes it seem more like a vendetta you have for some reason.

and I was one of the people who actually wasn't keen on Lennon, but even I can appreciate what he's getting out of some the guff we have here, with absolutely no help. 

his motivational skills can't be questioned.

136Rotherham 4-2 Bolton - Page 7 Empty Re: Rotherham 4-2 Bolton Wed Jan 28 2015, 10:07

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

I'm convinced no one could have done a better job than lennon with what he has at his disposal. I bet the pie eaters wish they'd picked lennon up instead of Mackey.

Like Norpig, I'm quite happy with mid table obscurity this season. Next term is when we need to really push on.

137Rotherham 4-2 Bolton - Page 7 Empty Re: Rotherham 4-2 Bolton Wed Jan 28 2015, 10:07

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:
wanderlust wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:

Interesting but the complete lack of evidence makes it seem more like a vendetta you have for some reason.

and I was one of the people who actually wasn't keen on Lennon, but even I can appreciate what he's getting out of some the guff we have here, with absolutely no help. 

his motivational skills can't be questioned.

Perhaps it's his "media face" that is the issue as it was with Freedman.

Every time it goes wrong Lennon stamps his feet and rolls out the excuses for the media. I'd like to see some of that anger and energy directed into extracting better performances from the team.

Stop blaming the ref/liverpool/injuries and man up Neil - we were shit so tell it like it is and then put it right.

138Rotherham 4-2 Bolton - Page 7 Empty Re: Rotherham 4-2 Bolton Wed Jan 28 2015, 10:13

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

from what i've read he did say we were poor, just that the penalty decision could have changed the game. There would have been a big difference going in 2-1 down at half time instead of 3-0.

139Rotherham 4-2 Bolton - Page 7 Empty Re: Rotherham 4-2 Bolton Wed Jan 28 2015, 10:19

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

It is definitely true the penalty could have changed the game. Having a different referee full stop could have changed the game. I get what Lusty is saying though. If we had defended properly and came out with purpose that would have changed the game also. I don't see why you should be tired in the first half an hour of a game just because you played on Saturday. These guys are supposed to be athletes and they get paid as such.

140Rotherham 4-2 Bolton - Page 7 Empty Re: Rotherham 4-2 Bolton Wed Jan 28 2015, 10:22

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:from what i've read he did say we were poor, just that the penalty decision could have changed the game. There would have been a big difference going in 2-1 down at half time instead of 3-0.

A bolt of lightning hitting the ref would have changed the game. A butterfly flapping it's wings in the Amazon jungle would have changed the game.

Sadly for Neil, the game was played in this reality and not some amazing universe where everything is different.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 7 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum