Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

KEVIN DAVIES - Signs New Deal - Or does he?

+10
Angry Dad
Reebok_Rebel
Sluffy
Reebok Trotter
largehat
terenceanne
Lofty_Love
Natasha Whittam
aaron_bwfc
Hipster_Nebula
14 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Last night on twitter EMMA DAVIES confirmed Kev would sign a new 12 month deal with the club.

sadly those tweets have now been deleted.

jumping the gun, or told to by the club? I suspect the later.

Im a big fan of kev but sadly i dont agree with giving him a new deal, this isn't the way to rebuild.

have the club learnt nothing from the deals they erroneously gave to Robbie blake and Ricardo "invisible" Gardner.

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

I can't say i'm surprised about it if it's true, I even said if we went down I think davies should be given a new contract.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The next one to mention Emma Davies on this site will be killed.

If the club have offered Davies a one year contract then they are as stupid as I think they are.

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

We should, I assume it is on a reduced wage though.

He is our only strong physical forward, and hes massively more experienced than pretty much all the rest of our team.

I'd like to hope Kev can teach Sordell and N'gog a thing or two.

He should stay.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Lofty_Love wrote:We should, I assume it is on a reduced wage though.

He is our only strong physical forward, and hes massively more experienced than pretty much all the rest of our team.

I'd like to hope Kev can teach Sordell and N'gog a thing or two.

He should stay.

They are professional footballers earning millions of pounds, surely they should be past being taught and actually go out there and score some goals.

Keeping Davies is a backwards step, I do think we need an experienced captain out there but not Kevin Davies who is no captain.

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I heard SKD knows where there are some good pie shops in Barnsley.....that's well worth 30 or 40k a week right there.

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Sordell is the one who will be teaching ngog a few things next season, how to score goals in the championship.

I heard Sordells record yesterday and his record for watford was pretty good.

NRC should be made captain next season, that is if he doesn't jump ship.

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Mixed feelings about it. It depends on the financial side for me. I would hope he is on reduced terms, to reflect that he is not en going to start every game any longer. I am confident that he can play a part next season.

Just had a look at next season's odds in the Championship.

Leicester 8/1
Leeds 9/1
Bolton, Wolves, Birmingham 10/1

The list doesn't account for West Ham yet though, presumably if they were to lose the play-off final they would be up with the favourites again.

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Natasha Whittam wrote:

They are professional footballers earning millions of pounds, surely they should be past being taught and actually go out there and score some goals.

Well that's obviously not true, what striker is at their peak at 23?

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The point is you're just making excuses for them, Ngog was bought to produce goals this season, not learn from Kevin Davies.

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Kev will be on about 40k now, if that gets reduced to 20-25k then im fine with him staying on a year, then get him as a coach.

He isn't the same as Blake who was never ever going to play for us and gardener who would have played but is always injured.

He very well in those last game for us, and was one of the main reasons we were still in for a shout.

And i f hes only on a one year contract tbh we don't really have that much to lose.

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

"Regarding the players out of contract, it's not an issue because I've already sorted things out with one or two and there'll be some that are moving on anyway.

"Maybe in the past this club has paid far too much money to players. The plan we put in place was going to serve the club for years to come. The disappointment is we're out of the Barclays Premier League, but we'll come back bigger and stronger."

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I would offer SKD a one year deal in the Championship. He is coming to the end of his career and it would be nice to see him finish off by leading us out of the Championship. Wink

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Coyle eyes immediate return! FFS why didn't he eye staying up in the first place.

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Reebok Trotter wrote:I would offer SKD a one year deal in the Championship. He is coming to the end of his career and it would be nice to see him finish off by leading us out of the Championship. Wink

You would imagine that's the reason he is signing this contract, I know he is getting on a bit but you can guarantee a few premier league teams would be offering him a contract.

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Reebok Trotter wrote:Coyle eyes immediate return! FFS why didn't he eye staying up in the first place.

He did...

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Natasha Whittam wrote:The point is you're just making excuses for them, Ngog was bought to produce goals this season, not learn from Kevin Davies.

Im not making any excuses, I agree N'gog hasn't been prolific enough, I didn't even mention that..

But young players can still learn, if they already know it all we might as well sell up our training facilities and coaches and buy a few more players..

You really can't deny that Kev, a player with all that experience at the top level in which he has pretty much constantly performed and many retired players have said they hated playing against him, could possibly have something to teach our young players.

Hes was playing at the top level before some of them hit puberty for god sake.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Captain Kevin Davies has said he is "pretty sure" he will be at Bolton next season, despite their relegation.

Sunday's 2-2 draw at Stoke was not enough to prevent the drop after 11 years in the Premier League.

"Some players may have made their decisions already, whether they want to stay or not," the 35-year-old striker told BBC Radio Manchester.

"Right now I don't want to talk about it too much, but I'm pretty sure I'll be here next year."

Davies, who is out of contract in the summer, joined Wanderers from Southampton in 2003 and has scored 78 goals in 369 appearances for the club, but was a January target for Sunderland, who had a bid rejected.

QPR's last-gasp defeat at champions Manchester City meant a win for Owen Coyle's side would have been enough to keep them in the top flight.

They led 2-1 with 13 minutes to go, but a penalty from Jonathan Walters condemned Bolton to the second tier for the first time since 2001.

"It's a difficult day to take," said Davies. "It feels like a bad dream.

"We had to win the game and we put ourselves in the position to do that again. We've just not done enough as a team to win the game.

"We found ourselves coming into the game with a chance and we've let that chance go."

Defender Sam Ricketts said it was a day no-one connected with the club "wanted to face".

He added: "We gave ourselves a huge mountain to climb. It was that early part of the season where we let ourselves down a little bit.

"We got in a great position to get out of it and in the end we couldn't quite achieve it.

"I think it's a time to get away, refresh yourself and look at how to bounce back from this. You need to evaluate when things haven't gone according to plan.

"The most important thing is to come back stronger and better than you were before."

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:

"Some players may have made their decisions already, whether they want to stay or not," the 35-year-old striker told BBC Radio Manchester.

All you bellends who applauded the failures off the pitch on Sunday should read the above statement from Kevin Davies.

It should be the club deciding who stays and who goes. Those under contract should stay out of loyalty, those out of contract should be doing all they can to get a new one.

The simple fact is those players you clapped like heroes on Sunday will fuck off at the first opportunity. I hope you bellends go with them.

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I feel at this point i simply must mention the wife of Kevin Davies, Emma Davies...shes on twitter in case you dont know... Laughing

I personally feel like we should give kev a new contract... its a lower league and I know he is slowing down but I still think he has a year in him at championship level.

hes also good to have around the ground...

on top of all that the single most important reason i still want him at my club is this...

HE STILL GIVES A FLYING FUCK ABOUT THIS CLUB...

Bolton legend, still has a job to do for us yet...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum