Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

KEVIN DAVIES - Signs New Deal - Or does he?

+10
Angry Dad
Reebok_Rebel
Sluffy
Reebok Trotter
largehat
terenceanne
Lofty_Love
Natasha Whittam
aaron_bwfc
Hipster_Nebula
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok_Rebel wrote:

hes also good to have around the ground...

Why, can he fix stuff?

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Reebok_Rebel wrote:

hes also good to have around the ground...

Why, can he fix stuff?

sorry.

I understand im not allowed to disagree with you, If I do I get sarcasm...

yes, he quite possibly can fix things... becasue hes not one of these 'poncey' players you hate so much.

Is there actually ANYBODY you like?

you dont like watching Bolton.

you dont like anything about us.

so why do you even bother?

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Sexy name Emma.

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Lofty_Love wrote:Kev will be on about 40k now, if that gets reduced to 20-25k then im fine with him staying on a year, then get him as a coach.

The average Premier League footballer gets 20-25k.
Do you really want us to pay PL wages to a 35 year old, baring in mind we're going to have to make cutbacks to the tune of around £50m just to break even?

I see this as the most depressing news we could have woken up to the morning after relegation!

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

doffcocker wrote:

The average Premier League footballer gets 20-25k.
Do you really want us to pay PL wages to a 35 year old, baring in mind we're going to have to make cutbacks to the tune of around £70m just to break even?

I see this as the most depressing news we could have woken up to the morning after relegation!

Doffcocker, don't make things up just to show us how much you dislike Kevin Davies. You have no idea how much Davies' new contract is worth. You've also ignored that most of the newer signings had clauses in their contracts reducing their wages in the event of relegation - the club aren't stupid, they're not likely to be offering a 36 year old massive money to play in the Championship, legend or no legend.

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

largehat wrote:

Doffcocker, don't make things up just to show us how much you dislike Kevin Davies. You have no idea how much Davies' new contract is worth. You've also ignored that most of the newer signings had clauses in their contracts reducing their wages in the event of relegation - the club aren't stupid, they're not likely to be offering a 36 year old massive money to play in the Championship, legend or no legend.

Shut up, you woman!

LL said he'd be happy for Davies to stay on at 20-25k. I'm presenting him with an idea that might make him rethink that, even if the quoted figures have little resemblance to actuality. It's all hypothetical talk, and presents no need for you to get on your high horse. Not that you're ever off it!

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

doffcocker wrote:

Shut up, you woman!

LL said he'd be happy for Davies to stay on at 20-25k. I'm presenting him with an idea that might make him rethink that, even if the quoted figures have little resemblance to actuality. It's all hypothetical talk, and presents no need for you to get on your high horse. Not that you're ever off it!

Give us a kiss.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok_Rebel wrote:

sorry.

I understand im not allowed to disagree with you, If I do I get sarcasm...

yes, he quite possibly can fix things... becasue hes not one of these 'poncey' players you hate so much.

Is there actually ANYBODY you like?

you dont like watching Bolton.

you dont like anything about us.

so why do you even bother?

You are allowed to disagree, I don't bite.

I used to love Bolton Wanderers, they were my life. Everything I did revolved around BWFC.

But despite playing in a higher division and paying 10 times what we'd ever paid a player before, I suddenly get the worst football standard in my lifetime.

Put it this way, can you ever see Ream/Wheater/Knight etc scoring a goal like Dean Crombie did at Wembley?

CEF

CEF
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Why does everyone give Nat Whit the time of day - she/he feeds on the attention like a spoilt child.

Several forums have been plagued by her for years now - with her successful business in Preston, her 'i've been to matches more than anyone', her'big sam was useless' and most criminally of all, slating JJ at every opportunity.

If you don't reply, you starve the oxygen, and that will cause slow death to her rubbish.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

She's an acquired taste my friend.

Once you 'get her' she can be very funny indeed!

CEF

CEF
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Sluffy - i'm referring to years of 'knowing' her. Not funny!!!!

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Guess you don't get the joke then - plenty others don't either.

Don't take her too seriously and flow with her rather than against her.

She posts in fun not in seriousness - you have to do the same back to find the enjoyment.

(And I go back to before she was called Mrs Respectable!)

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Has it occurred to you that people might "get the joke" but find it unfunny or tiresome? I appreciate why people love opera, and I'd go to an opera out of interest and to try something different, but I wouldn't want to go regularly.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Too much of anything is bad for you LH.

I'm simply trying to show your mate CEF that there may be another side to Natasha than perhaps what he's seen before?

I doubt that he will stick around here much if he doesn't like 'her' style, as after all she is one of the major presence’s on this forum.

IF I can get CEF to give her another chance and he does get to like her, then that's better for everybody, we gain a good poster and he appreciates more the humour of this place.

Surely that is worth a try?

That's all I'm trying to do.

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Yes I can appreciate that. Though it sounds as though - and this was news to me - CEF has had experience of Natasha over the years - something I haven't had - and has formed his own opinion.

Some of the stuff Natasha posts really pisses people off. That will always be the case. I wouldn't describe CEF and I as mates, we've used the same forum for a while, but as I say, his knowledge and experience of Natasha far outstrips that. I've only been on 606/JA606 for 2 years.

I agree that having Natasha around is beneficial even for posters who don't appreciate what she does, though, because some of the rows Natasha gets into - primarily with myself and my lapdog, Hipster_Nebula, on here, keep them entertained. I have to admit though I do read some of her articles and think "not this again", so she can be tiresome.

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

How does a thread about SKD become a thread about Natasha?

Bringing us back to SKD I think it is entirely predictable that Coyle will offer him a new contract. I also think it is a mistake. We need to move on.

CEF

CEF
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

xmiles - this will be my last comment about Natasha, so I apologise in advance. BTW, I do think KD deserves one season in the Championship - he'll cause defenders no end of problems next season.

LH - May I please assure you my 'experience of Natasha' is purely in a forum sense Wink

Sluffy - I get what you are saying. I too have been on forums for years with Natasha. When she posts about football, she is entertaining and does make some insightful comments. But too often she posts purely to get a reaction. And it works. I was warning those that do not know her, to take some of her comments with a pinch of salt and not react. Every forum has posters like her.

I will not be leaving because of her, that's for sure.

i read this site more than i post to be honest, but i love the mix of characters. surely if everyone agreed all the time the site would die a slow death. i've often laughed out loud at stuff natasha, largehat, hipster nebula, quent, keegan and many others have said.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

CEF wrote:Why does everyone give Nat Whit the time of day - she/he feeds on the attention like a spoilt child.

Several forums have been plagued by her for years now - with her successful business in Preston, her 'i've been to matches more than anyone', her'big sam was useless' and most criminally of all, slating JJ at every opportunity.

If you don't reply, you starve the oxygen, and that will cause slow death to her rubbish.

You knew I was here before you signed up, so why bother?

It's like telling everyone you hate pasta and then ordering a double portion when the waiter arrives.

I am a passionate supporter, I make no apologies for that. As Largehat keeps telling me, I am firmly stuck in the 1990's and he is right - I have compared every Bolton team since to that great decade.

I don't know any other Bolton fans in real life other than my Dad and he's rarely around to let off steam with - so I come on here to do just that.

CEF

CEF
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Yeh, Nat, I get it. No-one questions your passion for BWFC (certainly not me). There is something about the way you post and express your opinions that doesn't always sit well with other forum users. As I said, I have shared forums with you for years.

I too loved the 90's, but I have to say the 4 years under BSA with Youri, JJ, Campo, et al were better.

keep up the good work !!!!!!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum