Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Taking the piss?

+2
Keegan
xmiles
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Taking the piss? Empty Taking the piss? Wed May 06 2015, 23:56

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

2Taking the piss? Empty Re: Taking the piss? Thu May 07 2015, 00:52

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

I have heard of taking the piss but this is ridiculous!  Razz

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

3Taking the piss? Empty Re: Taking the piss? Thu May 07 2015, 10:07

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

This is taking the piss but they didn't specify an upper limit to the price of the meal did they. They just invited the woman to take the piss out of them, daft twats.

4Taking the piss? Empty Re: Taking the piss? Thu May 07 2015, 11:57

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Now that is really taking the piss! Who in their right mind would pay £700 for a meal when there are people living on the streets and surviving on foodbanks.

5Taking the piss? Empty Re: Taking the piss? Thu May 07 2015, 12:27

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Reebok Trotter wrote:Now that is really taking the piss! Who in their right mind would pay £700 for a meal when there are people living on the streets and surviving on foodbanks.
That's the point mate. She wasn't paying for the meal or the drinks. The garage should have (a) been more careful with her car in the first place and (b) if offering a meal for two they should have set perhaps the place as well as an upper price limit. 

I had a quick scout around the web to see if they could retrospectively say "we'll pay half" but they'd need to take that to court and in my honest opinion it would cost them a lot more for the hearing than it would to just pay for the meal and learn their lesson. 

I agree a seven hundred quid bill is outrageous and morally suspect but given how the garage worded its offer she was within her rights. Frankly if I'd been the garage I'd have offered some kind of voucher or perhaps tickets to a good theatre show instead.

6Taking the piss? Empty Re: Taking the piss? Thu May 07 2015, 13:22

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

It wasn't just the food it was the amount of booze she put away with her mother:

"While at L'Atelier de Joel Robuchon, Ms Yap and her mother enjoyed four glasses of champagne, two bottles of wine costing £69 each, six cocktails totalling £86 and a sloe gin."

7Taking the piss? Empty Re: Taking the piss? Thu May 07 2015, 14:39

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

They paid 20k for a car and then took up a free lunch. 

okkkk.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum