Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Kevin Davies Retires

+9
CAMPO
boltonbonce
Boggersbelief
rammywhite
Numpty 28723
Norpig
karlypants
Natasha Whittam
BoltonTillIDie
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

21Kevin Davies Retires - Page 2 Empty Re: Kevin Davies Retires Fri Sep 04 2015, 16:23

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Nat you are imaging things again, i've never heard or remember a groan when Super Kev's name was read out and i've been a season ticket holder for everyone of his 9-10 years at Bolton

22Kevin Davies Retires - Page 2 Empty Re: Kevin Davies Retires Fri Sep 04 2015, 16:24

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Norpig wrote:Nat do us all a favour and shut your grid, you know nothing

It's just like Okocha all over again.

Like Okocha, he had some good moments, but everyone seems to forget game after game of aimless long ball shite and Davies missing sitter after sitter. There was a time towards the end of his BWFC career that there would be a collective groan when he was announced in the team.

Davies didn't miss sitter after sitter, for the simple reason he rarely got in the position to score. His best work was done outside the box as you well know and at the he was superb. For the way Allardyce played I'm not sure there was a better player in the league, Heskey consistently got into the England sqad ahead of him but in terms of target men Davies was second to none for a long time.

23Kevin Davies Retires - Page 2 Empty Re: Kevin Davies Retires Fri Sep 04 2015, 16:26

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:Nat you are imaging things again, i've never heard or remember a groan when Super Kev's name was read out and i've been a season ticket holder for everyone of his 9-10 years at Bolton

I sit in the posh seats, as if you'd be anywhere near them to hear.

Common folk don't listen to the teams being read out, they're too busy stuffing their fat faces with pies and lard.

24Kevin Davies Retires - Page 2 Empty Re: Kevin Davies Retires Fri Sep 04 2015, 16:27

Natasha Whittam wrote:John McGinlay was a legend. Davies isn't fit to lace his boots.

Never did it at the highest level, Davies did.

25Kevin Davies Retires - Page 2 Empty Re: Kevin Davies Retires Fri Sep 04 2015, 16:27

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:

Davies didn't miss sitter after sitter, for the simple reason he rarely got in the position to score. His best work was done outside the box as you well know and at the he was superb. For the way Allardyce played I'm not sure there was a better player in the league, Heskey consistently got into the England sqad ahead of him but in terms of target men Davies was second to none for a long time.

His best work outside the box and he's a striker? No wonder we went down.

26Kevin Davies Retires - Page 2 Empty Re: Kevin Davies Retires Fri Sep 04 2015, 16:28

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:

McGinlay scored at international level. I always thought that was the highest level.

27Kevin Davies Retires - Page 2 Empty Re: Kevin Davies Retires Fri Sep 04 2015, 16:31

Natasha Whittam wrote:
bwfc1874 wrote:

McGinlay scored at international level. I always thought that was the highest level.

You think scoring against Malta is a higher level than scoring against Manchester United?

28Kevin Davies Retires - Page 2 Empty Re: Kevin Davies Retires Fri Sep 04 2015, 16:34

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:

You think scoring against Malta is a higher level than scoring against Manchester United?

Scoring at international level against anyone is a higher level than the Premier League.

McGinaly was a great player, fair enough if you didn't see him, but trust me he was twice the player Davies was. And more of a legend.

29Kevin Davies Retires - Page 2 Empty Re: Kevin Davies Retires Fri Sep 04 2015, 16:38

Natasha Whittam wrote:Scoring at international level against anyone is a higher level than the Premier League.

Undoubtedly the most moronic comment I've ever read.

Natasha Whittam wrote:McGinaly was a great player, fair enough if you didn't see him, but trust me he was twice the player Davies was. And more of a legend.

I'm not denying he was a great player and that he was a legend, the only person doing that is you on Davies.

30Kevin Davies Retires - Page 2 Empty Re: Kevin Davies Retires Fri Sep 04 2015, 16:39

bwfc1874 wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:Scoring at international level against anyone is a higher level than the Premier League.

Undoubtedly the most moronic comment I've ever read.

Sorry I take that back, just remembered everything Soul Kitchen has ever posted.

31Kevin Davies Retires - Page 2 Empty Re: Kevin Davies Retires Fri Sep 04 2015, 17:18

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:Nat do us all a favour and shut your grid, you know nothing

Love it

32Kevin Davies Retires - Page 2 Empty Re: Kevin Davies Retires Fri Sep 04 2015, 17:54

CAMPO

CAMPO
Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt

Natasha Whittam wrote:He wasn't a legend. Good player at times, but the antics of him and his wife later in his BWFC career spoilt everything for me.

I'd rather see a tribute to Gerald Cid.
Utter shite

33Kevin Davies Retires - Page 2 Empty Re: Kevin Davies Retires Fri Sep 04 2015, 17:55

CAMPO

CAMPO
Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Boggersbelief wrote:I forgot how good he was for us. there will never be another KD

There were a lot of games where he was truly awful.

75% of his BWFC career he was shit. Which I suppose is 25% less than the current crop of bellends.
Utter shite

34Kevin Davies Retires - Page 2 Empty Re: Kevin Davies Retires Fri Sep 04 2015, 17:56

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Campo, you'll probably be calling Heskey a BWFC legend in a couple of years.

35Kevin Davies Retires - Page 2 Empty Re: Kevin Davies Retires Fri Sep 04 2015, 18:10

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I am a legend and will never die. They'll be talking about me long after Kevin Davies leaves the building.

36Kevin Davies Retires - Page 2 Empty Re: Kevin Davies Retires Fri Sep 04 2015, 18:11

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:He wasn't a legend. Good player at times, but the antics of him and his wife later in his BWFC career spoilt everything for me.

I'd rather see a tribute to Gerald Cid.

Fucking ridiculous comment and deeply disrespectful you tit! 

:gun:

37Kevin Davies Retires - Page 2 Empty Re: Kevin Davies Retires Fri Sep 04 2015, 18:12

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

Davies was definitely a legend. The guy was an absolute powerhouse. He might not have been prolific but the amount of goals he created playing the role he did was ridiculous. Proper old fashioned centre forward. Defenders would shit themselves when he went tearing across the pitch for a thundering sliding tackle. Was rarely injured and took a lot of knocks without complaint. We should get him in as a coach he could teach madine how to lead a line properly.

38Kevin Davies Retires - Page 2 Empty Re: Kevin Davies Retires Fri Sep 04 2015, 18:12

Here's one for Hipster:

39Kevin Davies Retires - Page 2 Empty Re: Kevin Davies Retires Fri Sep 04 2015, 18:14

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:

Fucking ridiculous comment and deeply disrespectful you tit! 

:gun:

I can't believe you've turned on me. After all I've done for you.....

40Kevin Davies Retires - Page 2 Empty Re: Kevin Davies Retires Fri Sep 04 2015, 18:17

Told you already.

Empire....crumbling......respect....gone.......has......been...............

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum