Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Should we stop calling people "Overweight"?

+10
gloswhite
Numpty 28723
Copper Dragon
Lyric Todkill
Keegan
Sluffy
Reebok Trotter
Hipster_Nebula
largehat
Natasha Whittam
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Fair comment, RT.

I hope I don't come across in this thread who is telling people that they should not post X or Y, but I reserve my right to comment on it when they do - eg the euthanasia comment, eg Natasha asking why fat people should stop worrying about labels and lose the blubber.

At no point have I said that this stuff shouldn't be on the site or shouldn't be legal, I have tried to use those as examples of that favourite quote of mine, which I have used before on this forum, "in the particular is contained the universal", and I am addressing society in general rather than specific posters in my view of how fat people are treated.

With regards to your remark about freedom of speech on the internet, that's a whole different issue, we don't actually have freedom of speech on the internet IMO. That said, I don't wish to be regarded or thought of as a member of the sense of humour police or politically correct. Others may consider me that way, but I can't do an awful lot about that other than perhaps change their perception over time.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Lh , I have a lot of respect for the likes of yourself and Doffcocker who are not afraid to post and express their views. It's a free world and everyone has an opinion. My opinion might be different to yours or anyone else's, but it doesn't carry any more weight.

Personally, I see fat people as weak and lazy but it doesn't mean I am right. It is just my take on lard arses filling their sack at McDonalds. I could be totally wrong and fatties could actually be the mainstay of our society. It isn't my business to judge other people. I have enough faults of my own.

As far as I am concerned, you are entitled to post your opinion just the same as anyone else. There really is no wrong and right. It is all down to a matter of personal preference.

I never take any criticism personally because I know I am a cnut. It doesn't bother me. If someone posts a thread which I have a personal interest in, then I will respond. If the subject topic is alien to me then I will read it and carry on.

I don't come on here to make people happy, I am more interested in what posters think about a subject I may find interesting.

I enjoy reading your posts, and Doffcockers, and many others. The way I see it, it's just a forum for venting your spleen.

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

You beat me to it RT.

I have a lot of respect for yourself and one or two others on this thread whose views I strongly disagree with.

And I don't fall out with people over any single issue I disagree with them on.

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Largehat I take on board some of your criticism of my original comments but you muddle the issue by bringing in the discrimination laws. There is a difference between things you can change and things you can't. And yes religious belief is personal choice. However I want to make it clear that there is a big difference between potentially offensive banter on a forum and insulting or abusing individuals personally. Nothing I have posted was meant in any way to justify shouting abuse at people in the street.

I value freedom of speech very highly. As a consequence I can live with the fact that some things will offend people. We all have our own interpretation of what is offensive and there are no doubt things that offend me that don't offend you but being offended is not the end of the world. For example I think being robbed or assaulted is far worse.

What annoys me is that we seem to be heading towards is a world where nobody is held responsible for their own actions. Gloswhite made a good point about the food industry but I don't think that means adults can avoid taking some responsibility for their predicament unless there are mental health issues. And yes probably there are with both the mother and daughter that I posted about, but my intention was to start a debate and I think I succeeded, albeit under a different topic.

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I don't have a lot to add to your last post xmiles as I agree with most of it.

Just regarding your first point, I was saying that abusing certain groups of people was not only illegal but also wrong because it shows a lack of respect.

You're right in saying it's not a thread about the discrimination laws, but I also think it should be pointed out that Natasha bringing NHS resources into it also muddied the issue somewhat. Whether we're talking about people in the street or humour on internet forums, nobody is thinking, "damn those fatties, the NHS is fucked because they are eating all the resources", they're just doing it because it's their idea of funny.

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

largehat wrote:

Just regarding your first point, I was saying that abusing certain groups of people was not only illegal but also wrong because it shows a lack of respect.

You mean like calling the inhabitants of an East Lancashire town 'backward'?

Careful, you may show a lack of respect and tumble off your moral high ground.

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

FFS Copper Dragon, read the entire thread.

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I've read all of it and huge parts of it is coma inducing.

I shall continue to call fatties - fatty.

A first world problem brought on by greed.

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

If you've read it you will see I make it clear I am not on a moral crusade. The quote you pulled out of context was relating to fat people relative to ethnic minorities and other groups not being fair game for ridicule.

I clearly take the piss out of people all the time on here.

Next time you have a discussion I will go out of my way to quote you out of context and ensure you are aware I find your opinions boring.

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Reebok Trotter wrote:
Angry Dad wrote:I think fat people should make a beeping noise when they move backwards.

Angry Dad, have you tried meditation ? It is the best way to look after your mind. Regular meditation clears your mind and helps you to feel peaceful, balanced and relaxed. This feeling of mental well-being helps us to cope with the busyness and challenges of daily life. Everyone can learn to meditate, even when life is hectic or filled with stress and worry.

Meditation brings happiness and meaning into life, solves the problems of daily life, and ultimately brings lasting peace and contentment.
What makes you say that RT.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Angry Dad wrote:
Reebok Trotter wrote:
Angry Dad wrote:I think fat people should make a beeping noise when they move backwards.

Angry Dad, have you tried meditation ? It is the best way to look after your mind. Regular meditation clears your mind and helps you to feel peaceful, balanced and relaxed. This feeling of mental well-being helps us to cope with the busyness and challenges of daily life. Everyone can learn to meditate, even when life is hectic or filled with stress and worry.

Meditation brings happiness and meaning into life, solves the problems of daily life, and ultimately brings lasting peace and contentment.

AD, It was a joke because of your username.

Just to set the record straight I am not on about people who are carrying a few extra pounds and a touch of middle age spread. I am on about the severely obese types wearing tracksuits and leggings that you see nipping into Krispy Kreme.

If I saw a very fat person walking on the other side of the road, I wouldn't dream of shouting, ' You fat bastard.'

I would probably just go., ' Hey Sumo ' and leave it at that.

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Reebok Trotter wrote:
Angry Dad wrote:
Reebok Trotter wrote:

AD, It was a joke because of your username.

Just to set the record straight I am not on about people who are carrying a few extra pounds and a touch of middle age spread. I am on about the severely obese types wearing tracksuits and leggings that you see nipping into Krispy Kreme.

If I saw a very fat person walking on the other side of the road, I wouldn't dream of shouting, ' You fat bastard.'

I would probably just go., ' Hey Sumo ' and leave it at that.
No i just wondered if you did med and found it good,i realised you were joking but the wife keeps on at me to try it as im always letting stuff wind me up. She goes to yoga. Im fine most of the time ,i just lose it with nobs and injustices that i come across. I know with a few people its a glandular problem and that is cruel to make fun of them. The bloaters that go to the restaurant and take up two seats then eat everything on the menu, come to dessert and go oh i shouldn,t ok i will have a( rocky horror ) i just want to push their face into it. Then there,s the fat family that come and take up two tables the kids are all little piggies oinking. I was at an all you can eat indian buffet on sunday and this 30 st plus bloke made six trips to refil his plate and downed six large cobra,s What gets me is surely they know they will die early, that should be enough to stop them.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

You would think the alarm bells should be ringing long before they to 30 stone plus. I always have to chuckle when they order a massive portion but then opt for the diet coke as if in some way they are making an effort.

As for meditation, it does work for some people and yoga is supposed to be good for your health. Anything that helps to give you a cheerful disposition cannot be a bad thing.

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Bolton Hater wrote:I'm fat. I love being fat. No one has ever dared call me fat to my face and there's no doubting the ladies love a bit of meat on the bone.

Thats because they cannot get into the house to tell you to your face! But I would gladly do so, if you feel that you are missing out!

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Reebok Trotter wrote:You would think the alarm bells should be ringing long before they to 30 stone plus. I always have to chuckle when they order a massive portion but then opt for the diet coke as if in some way they are making an effort.

As for meditation, it does work for some people and yoga is supposed to be good for your health. Anything that helps to give you a cheerful disposition cannot be a bad thing.
People walking into a glass door always gives me a cheerful disposition, even better if its a bloater.

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

As I am nowhere near as large as I used to be (gone from XXL to L and still shrinking) - I sometimes still have a post-drink Maccy D's and yes still have a large meal but with Diet Coke - mainly because I really do not like the taste of full fat coke - makes me sick everytime. Saying that, last time I had a Maccy D's was October last year.

largehat wrote:If you've read it you will see I make it clear I am not on a moral crusade. The quote you pulled out of context was relating to fat people relative to ethnic minorities and other groups not being fair game for ridicule.

I clearly take the piss out of people all the time on here.

Next time you have a discussion I will go out of my way to quote you out of context and ensure you are aware I find your opinions boring.

I'm enjoying your defence of us fat boys largehat, I trust you are a bit lardy yourself?

bwfc71 wrote:I sometimes still have a post-drink Maccy D's and yes still have a large meal but with Diet Coke - mainly because I really do not like the taste of full fat coke - makes me sick everytime. Saying that, last time I had a Maccy D's was October last year.

Enthralling. I'm sure you gave up McDonalds to continue your dream of eating your own weight in friend chicken in one sitting.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc71 wrote:As I am nowhere near as large as I used to be (gone from XXL to L and still shrinking) - I sometimes still have a post-drink Maccy D's and yes still have a large meal but with Diet Coke - mainly because I really do not like the taste of full fat coke - makes me sick everytime. Saying that, last time I had a Maccy D's was October last year.

riveting.

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Bolton Hater wrote:
bwfc71 wrote:I sometimes still have a post-drink Maccy D's and yes still have a large meal but with Diet Coke - mainly because I really do not like the taste of full fat coke - makes me sick everytime. Saying that, last time I had a Maccy D's was October last year.

Enthralling. I'm sure you gave up McDonalds to continue your dream of eating your own weight in friend chicken in one sitting.

And as I keep saying, I don't like fried chicken. Roasted or grilled only.

But just for your breakfast I assume you have Maccy D's van delivering to your door, the whole of the days stock, instead of delivering to your local outlet!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum