Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Donald Trump for President of the USA

+35
Dunkels King
Leeds_Trotter
BoltonTillIDie
Growler
Soul Kitchen
NickFazer
King Bill
DEANO82
Cajunboy
Boggersbelief
Lard Lad
Fabians Right Peg
terenceanne
okocha
Bread2.0
xmiles
whatsgoingon
scottjames30
observer
wessy
luckyPeterpiper
Natasha Whittam
Chairmanda
Copper Dragon
Bollotom2014
karlypants
Bwfc1958
gloswhite
Hipster_Nebula
finlaymcdanger
Bolton Nuts
rammywhite
Norpig
Reebok Trotter
Sluffy
39 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 29 ... 50  Next

Go down  Message [Page 8 of 50]

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

okocha wrote:Well, he'd be hard pressed to lead females, who are presumably sickened by his attitudes! (= approx half the US population)

Maybe, but I'm guessing the majority of politicians are nasty people behind closed doors.

Not sure something he said over 10 years ago in private should matter.

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Natasha Whittam wrote:
okocha wrote:Well, he'd be hard pressed to lead females, who are presumably sickened by his attitudes! (= approx half the US population)

Maybe, but I'm guessing the majority of politicians are nasty people behind closed doors.

Not sure something he said over 10 years ago in private should matter.
The point is.....he's still being abusive to females, calling Hilary the devil etc. just yesterday! The man has no respect for women, including his own wife.

And the phrase he used about grabbing a woman by the p...y is NOT something commonly heard or used in male conversations in locker rooms or bars.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

okocha wrote:
The point is.....he's still being abusive to females, calling Hilary the devil etc. just yesterday! The man has no respect for women, including his own wife.

And the phrase he used about grabbing a woman by the p...y is NOT something commonly heard or used in male conversations in locker rooms or bars.

But how does that have any bearing on how he deals with, for example, Putin or immigration?

He's a nasty guy, we agree on that, but something he said in private doesn't make him a bad leader.

And I'm sorry, but I hear that sort of language in pubs and restaurants every weekend.

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

I think Nat has a valid point. Trump is obnoxious but what is more important is his policies. Other Republicans, including those criticising Trump, would be more likely to introduce legislation which is hostile to women such as restricting abortion or women's rights. Far more disturbing are some of his other policy statements like claiming that he would make Mexico pay for building a wall along the border.

Still as the Brexit campaign showed you can go a long way with blatant lies (£350m for the NHS, Turkey joining the EU, etc).

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

xmiles wrote: Far more disturbing are some of his other policy statements like claiming that he would make Mexico pay for building a wall along the border.

Ok, he's never going to get Mexico to pay for a wall, but a wall would make it a lot easier to police the border.

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

A loose cannon such as Trump with his wild pronouncements could never be a wise leader. Quite the opposite.....he would be a dangerous liability. He is uncivilised and boorish, the exact opposite of the dignified Obama who has done his best to change the obscene gun culture, for example. 

Trump is liable to upset other world leaders: simply not statesmanlike. In fact, I can't think of any redeeming features which would make him fit to lead a superpower. I'm amazed that any sane person could seek to defend him.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

okocha wrote: I'm amazed that any sane person could seek to defend him.

I just did. What's your point?

Fabians Right Peg

Fabians Right Peg
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Trump is just a symptom of something much more worrying in my mind, people have got bored with the status quo of the centre ground and are turning to more extreme politics, in the UK this has manifested itself in the growing popularity of the SNP and the brexit vote as well as the popularity of individuals like Corbyn and Farage.

similar is happening across Europe with the rise of far right parties in france and Germany which is influencing centre ground politics and in Russia the popularity of Putin and his policy of restoring the country to it's former glory by annexing former parts of the soviet union.

The problem is that as these figures gain more popularity the more likely that we will end up with polar opposites sat around the major decision making tables, and that will have one of two effects, in the best case nothing will get done, in the worst case it will lead to greater tension and conflict.

Can you imagine a UN security meeting with Corbyn, Putin and Trump?

The world is fast becoming a polarised and dangerous place.

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Fabians Right Peg wrote:

Can you imagine a UN security meeting with Corbyn, Putin and Trump?

Nope, I simply can't imagine Corbyn being Prime Minister.

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

Robert De Niro is less than impressed.... 

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:
okocha wrote:

But how does that have any bearing on how he deals with, for example, Putin or immigration?

He's a nasty guy, we agree on that, but something he said in private doesn't make him a bad leader.

And I'm sorry, but I hear that sort of language in pubs and restaurants every weekend.
It isn't just women he's against he judges people on race, religion disability. To be a good leader you have to have everyone's best interests at heart and Trump clearly doesn't.
Unless you are part of his narrow band of what he deems acceptable you are in for a very rough ride under him. Regarding sitting at the table with the likes of Putin, well Putin is a very smart and experienced operator and Trump would be that far out of his depth it would be scary.
In terms of foreign relations you'd have to say that Clinton is far better equipped to deal with the likes of Putin and Xi Jinping than Trump as she has a much better political background and is much more adept at mixing diplomacy and duplicity than the loose cannon Trump.

Lard Lad

Lard Lad
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

If she wins will she get male staff to give her some head in the oval office to get back at Big Bill

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Lard Lad wrote:If she wins will she get male staff to give her some head in the oval office to get back at Big Bill
I think she'd find it very difficult to find someone who would, and that includes Bill.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

whatsgoingon wrote:
It isn't just women he's against he judges people on race, religion disability. To be a good leader you have to have everyone's best interests at heart and Trump clearly doesn't.
Unless you are part of his narrow band of what he deems acceptable you are in for a very rough ride under him. Regarding sitting at the table with the likes of Putin, well Putin is a very smart and experienced operator and Trump would be that far out of his depth it would be scary.
In terms of foreign relations you'd have to say that Clinton is far better equipped to deal with the likes of Putin and Xi Jinping than Trump as she has a much better political background and is much more adept at mixing diplomacy and duplicity than the loose cannon Trump.

I think Trump will actually bring the US and Russia closer together, he seems to respect Putin, so rather than goading him all the time as the US seem to at the moment, perhaps he'll do some good and bring prosperity to the relationship.

Not for one minute do I think Trump is a good man, but I don't think any politician is good these days. They're in it for themselves regardless of the shite they spout.

Trump in.

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Keep in mind all the news media is full of nonsense.  Trump has more Mexicans and women working for him right now as we speak than Hilary will ever have.
Right now the pundits here are going crazy trying to prove that men don't talk like that in locker rooms. What f**king world do these people live in.
It's all perception...not facts.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

De Niro said it. In less than a minute.

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

terenceanne wrote:You have to be careful what you believe when told by the mainstream media.  On both sides of the pond the media is biased to the left for the most part. 
Biased to the left ? other than the Daily Mirror & Guardian the English press is well known to be overtly right wing. and i doubt that the US is any different.

Trump is clearly unfit to hold office but with the democrats putting up a candidate that splits opinion it gives him a chance.

The yanks and the way politics works, deserve all they get however the rest of us are going to pay the price for installing this idiot.

For instance We have a Democrat president made powerless because the Congress is run by the Republicans that can vote down any law that the democrats want to make. A weird system but it as always been so.

If this was in England then Trump would have to stand down due to past mistakes and forced to do the decent thing, but no this guy he will go for broke.

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

wessy wrote:
terenceanne wrote:You have to be careful what you believe when told by the mainstream media.  On both sides of the pond the media is biased to the left for the most part. 
Biased to the left ? other than the Daily Mirror & Guardian the English press is well known to be overtly right wing. and i doubt that the US is any different.

If this was in England then Trump would have to stand down due to past mistakes and forced to do the decent thing, but no this guy he will go for broke.

The media (apart from the BBC) is owned by tax dodging billionaires so to suggest that they are biased to the left is a pretty preposterous statement.

However I'm not sure that Trump would have to stand down in Britain. Being a lying adulterous buffoon doesn't seem to have stopped Boris from becoming Foreign Secretary.

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

xmiles wrote:
wessy wrote:

The media (apart from the BBC) is owned by tax dodging billionaires so to suggest that they are biased to the left is a pretty preposterous statement.

However I'm not sure that Trump would have to stand down in Britain. Being a lying adulterous buffoon doesn't seem to have stopped Boris from becoming Foreign Secretary.

Nope ...... In America virtually all the media is owned by all tax dodging millionaires.......NBC, CBS, CNN, Hollywood, New York Times Etc.....but for some unknown reason it is very much left on all elections not just this one.  To boot Wall Street has donated untold millions to Hilary's campaign but next to nothing to Trump's.  So we have rich people voting for politicians who want to tax the hell out of them. How does it make sense ..... no idea.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Donald Trump has got this in the bag. It is crazy.. But I reckon he'd do a good job.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 8 of 50]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 29 ... 50  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum