Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Donald Trump for President of the USA

+35
Dunkels King
Leeds_Trotter
BoltonTillIDie
Growler
Soul Kitchen
NickFazer
King Bill
DEANO82
Cajunboy
Boggersbelief
Lard Lad
Fabians Right Peg
terenceanne
okocha
Bread2.0
xmiles
whatsgoingon
scottjames30
observer
wessy
luckyPeterpiper
Natasha Whittam
Chairmanda
Copper Dragon
Bollotom2014
karlypants
Bwfc1958
gloswhite
Hipster_Nebula
finlaymcdanger
Bolton Nuts
rammywhite
Norpig
Reebok Trotter
Sluffy
39 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 33 ... 50  Next

Go down  Message [Page 17 of 50]

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Just keep in mind that all opinions are based on snippets and sound bites from whatever media you are looking at.  All have agendas either left or right. For the most part it was Trump = Bad, Hillary = Good.
The best part of today (in the USA) is the backtracking of every talking head idiot on TV who predicted a Hilary win.  Even as late as 10:30pm last night the panels of geniuses were confident. 
Rule of thumb....question everything you read or see from so-called experts .....that rule applies to football as well. Cool

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

bwfc1874 wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:
bwfc1874 wrote:

The notion that running a business is the same as running a country is moronic. An economy doesn't work like a P&L account this gross over simplification is in part responsible for the likes of Osborne and Cameron duping a nation into believing shrinking the state was a necessity. 

You are seriously clutching at straws if you think that Trump having run successful business in the past means he's qualified to be President, it's akin to electing Alan Sugar next Prime Minister.

Exactly how are we in a better place with Trump at the helm? He's heavily isolationist spoken of leaving Nato, ending free trade and reversing policies aimed at reducing climate change - which is a Chinese hoax apparently. Those are destructive policies.

Simple question for you: are you a millionaire? Have you a long history of leading a major company?

No, but I'm not the next President of the United States.

I think you misunderstand my post. I am baffled by seemingly intelligent people who think that this (and Brexit) are good moves for their respective countries. I would love to read a valid, decent reason for Trump being 'good for Britain' but him being a business man is not one.
So you've decided to be abusive have you ? Calling me a moron, and 'seemingly intelligent'.
1874, I have to say that I've noticed that no matter what is put down by someone of an opinion other than yours, you will demand facts, figures, etc, obviously you have some ADHD issues.
I don't believe I said Trump would be beneficial to the UK, but there was the possibility, comments I have now heard on TV. (sorry, I cant remember the time, place, and channel)
Regarding the businessman running the country, did it not cross your tiny mind that a new approach to such big problems might actually be possible. A negotiator rather than a confrontationalist ?
Everybody is so quick to criticise, and lets be honest, our views are built up by an anti-Trump media, but possibly this thought hadn't crossed your mind.
Apologies for having an optimistic outlook, but I have to say its got me through life rather well so far, and I still believe Brexit will be good for us. Look past next week, and you might be surprised.
If you prefer not to respond to this post, I really wouldn't be upset about it.

Bread2.0

Bread2.0
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

"A negotiator rather than a confrontationalist ?"

Glos, did you seriously just post that in relation to Donald "I'm suing you for saying nasty things about me on Twitter" Trump?

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Yes I did. He's been a successful businessman, (yes, I know there have been ups and down), for enough years to know how to deal with people, and not just policies.

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Also, I know he's said some outrageous things, very few of which I agreed with, but lets be honest, he's pulled off a remarkable win, and that comes through intelligence and tactics, rather than being a crayon chewing idiot.

Bread2.0

Bread2.0
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

gloswhite wrote:Also, I know he's said some outrageous things, very few of which I agreed with, but lets be honest, he's pulled off a remarkable win, and that comes through intelligence and tactics, rather than being a crayon chewing idiot.

No it doesn't.

It comes through exploiting the fears of narrow-minded bigots and misogynists by making up a load of outrageous shit which they lap up.

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Here we go again. 
The vast majority of his supporters, according to many reports, were from the rust belt, and those states that were seriously hit by the policies driven by the wealthy, and those playing politics in Washington, similar to the Brexit story.
Bread, before we go at it again, I have to say that I'm fed up with this arguing all the time, so if you don't mind, I'm not going to get invoved with any of this. As far as I'm concerned, its a new phase, and I'm happy to take a step back and watch what happens.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Not everyone who voted for Trump can be simply dismissed as a narrow minded bigot. It simply doesn't stack up. The Hillbilly's and roughnecks only make up a small portion of the 300 million or so population. You really have to look beyond all the rhetoric and accept that the majority of Americans voted for change. The same thing happened in the UK over Brexit. The Arabs had their Arab Spring and The west has now had their Western Winter. Whatever your viewpoint may be, you cannot deny the rule of democracy. The majority of the population elect the government of the day and until another system is invented, it will always be that way.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Can everyone please remember Bread is the person who thought he'd secured his dream job only to forget he had to work notice in his current job.

He munches crayons while the bread is baking.

gloswhite wrote:
bwfc1874 wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:
bwfc1874 wrote:

The notion that running a business is the same as running a country is moronic. An economy doesn't work like a P&L account this gross over simplification is in part responsible for the likes of Osborne and Cameron duping a nation into believing shrinking the state was a necessity. 

You are seriously clutching at straws if you think that Trump having run successful business in the past means he's qualified to be President, it's akin to electing Alan Sugar next Prime Minister.

Exactly how are we in a better place with Trump at the helm? He's heavily isolationist spoken of leaving Nato, ending free trade and reversing policies aimed at reducing climate change - which is a Chinese hoax apparently. Those are destructive policies.

Simple question for you: are you a millionaire? Have you a long history of leading a major company?

No, but I'm not the next President of the United States.

I think you misunderstand my post. I am baffled by seemingly intelligent people who think that this (and Brexit) are good moves for their respective countries. I would love to read a valid, decent reason for Trump being 'good for Britain' but him being a business man is not one.
So you've decided to be abusive have you ? Calling me a moron, and 'seemingly intelligent'.
1874, I have to say that I've noticed that no matter what is put down by someone of an opinion other than yours, you will demand facts, figures, etc, obviously you have some ADHD issues.
I don't believe I said Trump would be beneficial to the UK, but there was the possibility, comments I have now heard on TV. (sorry, I cant remember the time, place, and channel)
Regarding the businessman running the country, did it not cross your tiny mind that a new approach to such big problems might actually be possible. A negotiator rather than a confrontationalist ?
Everybody is so quick to criticise, and lets be honest, our views are built up by an anti-Trump media, but possibly this thought hadn't crossed your mind.
Apologies for having an optimistic outlook, but I have to say its got me through life rather well so far, and I still believe Brexit will be good for us. Look past next week, and you might be surprised.
If you prefer not to respond to this post, I really wouldn't be upset about it.

Asking somebody to back up spurious claims is a normal thing to do, I don't see the issue and I'm pretty sure it's not a symptom of ADHD - but who knows!

You said the UK is in a better position with Trump rather than Obama/Clinton, seems pretty clear to me so I asked which policies?

Trumps career has been confrontational from the start look at how he's taken on Atlantic City's state government. He's an aggressive business man - maybe that will work for him in office.

My issue with his popularity is that it seems to be the working class vote that he's won, a class he's trampled on throughout his career to get to where he is. Not paying tax for instance or displacing poor people to build luxury apartments or defaulting on loans declaring bankruptcy and robbing a state dry. Apologies for not being 'optimistic' but when you comapre his rhetoric from his actions you can only think he's a class A bullshitter.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I can remember when Reagan got into power and a lot of sceptics were forecasting doom and gloom with the new gunslinger in town. In reality, he brought an end to the cold war with his star wars programme, forged better links with the UK through his friendship with Maggie and put Ghaddafi in his place with regards to harboring terrorists in Libya. Even the most biased Democrat historians would struggle to make a case for the Reagan administration being a disaster.

Trump may just turn out to be a breath of fresh air and his illegitimate son is a half decent snooker player as well!

Reebok Trotter wrote:I can remember when Reagan got into power and a lot of sceptics were forecasting doom and gloom with the new gunslinger in town. In reality, he brought an end to the cold war with his star wars programme, forged better links with the UK through his friendship with Maggie and put Ghaddafi in his place with regards to harboring terrorists in Libya. Even the most biased Democrat historians would struggle to make a case for the Reagan administration being a disaster.

Trump may just turn out to be a breath of fresh air and his illegitimate son is a half decent snooker player as well!
I hope you dont mean this utter jeb end

Donald Trump for President of the USA - Page 17 2016-110

Very Happy

Think he meant Judd Trump Johnny! Two of Don's bellend sons there though you are right.

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Its done and finished as far as I am concerned 74. Like Brexit, you can't go back, and as I've said previously, change was needed, and that's whats happened. Nit picking every comment, view, or remark isn't what I do. I read, and listen, a lot, and tend to forget most of the finer detail, once I have what I regard as the main details. Its obviously not the way you work, and I can't help wonder why you haven't heard/read the same things I have, and constantly have to be reminded of where, when, etc.
As I said to Bread, I've had enough of all this invective, so I'll just watch and listen, but one thing I won't do, (if I can help it), is make any more comments about the presidential race.

bwfc1874 wrote:Very Happy

Think he meant Judd Trump Johnny! Two of Don's bellend sons there though you are right.
Ah sorry.  Not a snooker fan so didnt get it.  But it was a good excuse to show how his legitimate sons spend their spare time.

Donald Trump for President of the USA - Page 17 Hqdefa10

gloswhite wrote:Its done and finished as far as I am concerned 74. Like Brexit, you can't go back, and as I've said previously, change was needed, and that's whats happened. Nit picking every comment, view, or remark isn't what I do. I read, and listen, a lot, and tend to forget most of the finer detail, once I have what I regard as the main details. Its obviously not the way you work, and I can't help wonder why you haven't heard/read the same things I have, and constantly have to be reminded of where, when, etc.
As I said to Bread, I've had enough of all this invective, so I'll just watch and listen, but one thing I won't do, (if I can help it), is make any more comments about the presidential race.

Why should I just take your word for it? The only thing I remember asking you to justify was the claim she had a proven past which showed how dirty she was. You replied saying the Clintons had accepted donations from convicted drug dealers in return for pardons, ive heard that sort of thing from Trumps campaign but no evidence to support it.

As I said I find it difficult to understand why he's been voted in by a demographic (white working class the analysis shows) for which he's done so much damage to in the past. 

That baffles me, as do the amount of people who have believed the propaganda put out by his campaign (e.g. Clinton pardoning dealers for donations). 

Maybe it's true and I'm wrong but I'm yet to see any evidence, and apparently asking for it is a sign of ADHD.

Enough Trump though, let's see what he does - as his rhetoric has been so far from reality for so long it's the only fair way to judge - same goes for Brexit. once that starts.

Last edited by bwfc1874 on Wed Nov 09 2016, 22:40; edited 1 time in total

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:
That baffles me, as do the amount of people who have believed the propaganda put out by his campaign (e.g. Clinton pardoning dealers for donations). 

Why do you assume they believed the propaganda? You admit yourself that both candidates were awful, perhaps people just thought Trump would do a better job than Clinton despite the bullshit.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

As I see it, the Clintons have been somewhat of a political dynasty in America since Bill got the nod in 92. I suspect the majority have simply had enough of seeing the Clinton's grow wealthy while the working class have struggled to make ends meet. Sometimes, a change is as good as a rest.

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

You don't have to take my word for anything. Same as I don't have to respond to your constant requests for details.
Whilst on here, I've also been listening to the news comments and political pundits, and its quite remarkable how opinion is changing, and there are even reports of possible benefits of his presidency, whilst plans are being made to improve peoples futures, along with the demise of the 'Washington buddy system'
As you say, 'enough Trump', as I think we will have enough work on our hands with the implementation of Brexit.

Natasha Whittam wrote:
bwfc1874 wrote:

Why do you assume they believed the propaganda? You admit yourself that both candidates were awful, perhaps people just thought Trump would do a better job than Clinton despite the bullshit.

Very fair point, I just think that as you can't judge his actions in a positive way then you end up solely going off the propaganda - which is risky.

As I've said though he has to act now on a lot of big promises. Let's see what he does.

Last edited by bwfc1874 on Wed Nov 09 2016, 23:04; edited 1 time in total

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 17 of 50]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 33 ... 50  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum