Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton 0-1 Birmingham

+13
Bollotom2014
doffcocker
rammywhite
Hipster_Nebula
BoltonTillIDie
Numpty 28723
Chairmanda
Boggersbelief
scottjames30
Norpig
karlypants
Bwfc1958
wanderlust
17 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

1Bolton 0-1 Birmingham Empty Bolton 0-1 Birmingham Mon Oct 19 2015, 10:31

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Too soon after the Burnley lesson to be playing a promotion-chasing top four club?
Lennon's put his head on the block by targeting 6 points from the next 2 games but I think that's a helluva big ask.
But, we're at home and as we're propping up the table, maybe he'll try something different - like winning. My guess is 2 - 2.

2Bolton 0-1 Birmingham Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Birmingham Mon Oct 19 2015, 10:38

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

Unbelievable what brum are doing considering how embarrassingly shite they were under Lee Clark. Rowett has done an impressive job there with little cash and they're looking pretty solid. Can't see us winning against a team as organised as Birmingham are at the minute but hopefully Lennon will give the players enough of a rocket that we won't lose. 1-1 I reckon.

3Bolton 0-1 Birmingham Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Birmingham Mon Oct 19 2015, 12:42

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Brum are currently 4th in the league and are looking like a hard team to beat.

I don't think Lennon can turn it around for this game so I am going for another loss.

My prediction: Bolton 1-3 Birmingham

4Bolton 0-1 Birmingham Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Birmingham Mon Oct 19 2015, 13:24

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

we need at least a point, i was banking on 3 against Leeds but they have now sacked Rosler and we all know what happens next, they find form and beat us  Rolling Eyes

5Bolton 0-1 Birmingham Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Birmingham Mon Oct 19 2015, 14:19

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:Brum are currently 4th in the league and are looking like a hard team to beat.

I don't think Lennon can turn it around for this game so I am going for another loss.

My prediction: Bolton 1-3 Birmingham

That could happen if we don't control the middle. They have goalscorers in Demarai Gray and Clayton Donaldson so it'll possibly come down to the midfield conundrum of whether they are set up to protect the defence (unlikely at a home game) or push on. When we do push on, getting close to scoring is no longer an option. We need to turn pressure into actual goals when we're on top which would be a massive improvement as so far this season, everything seems to fizzle out whenever we get near their goal.

6Bolton 0-1 Birmingham Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Birmingham Mon Oct 19 2015, 15:24

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ref watch: Geoff Eltringham in charge of Birmingham City clash

Geoff Eltringham will oversee Wanderers' home clash with Birmingham City on Tuesday.

The County Durham-based official has overseen four Whites’ fixtures in the past, all at Macron Stadium, including last season's 3-0 victory over Cardiff City and 4-3 defeat to Watford.

Mr Eltringham has officiated 10 matches so far this season, dishing out 21 yellow cards and two red cards.

Robert Jones and Richard Wigglesworth will run the line, while Mark Heywood is the fourth official.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

7Bolton 0-1 Birmingham Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Birmingham Mon Oct 19 2015, 19:50

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Golden Goals:

Watching this get's me all excited, shame we don't play like this anymore!

8Bolton 0-1 Birmingham Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Birmingham Mon Oct 19 2015, 19:52

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We'll get dicked.

Surrender by half-time.

0-4.

9Bolton 0-1 Birmingham Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Birmingham Mon Oct 19 2015, 20:03

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

0-0 or 1-1 draw, we play not bad at home.

10Bolton 0-1 Birmingham Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Birmingham Mon Oct 19 2015, 20:05

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

3-1 Home win

11Bolton 0-1 Birmingham Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Birmingham Mon Oct 19 2015, 21:06

5-1 home win. We'll piss it

12Bolton 0-1 Birmingham Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Birmingham Mon Oct 19 2015, 21:08

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Preview: Bolton v Birmingham

SETTING THE SCENE
Bolton Wanderers host Birmingham City at Macron Stadium on Tuesday night in what is the first of back-to-back home games for Neil Lennon’s side.

Unbeaten in the Sky Bet Championship at home so far this season, the Whites will be keen to maintain that run as they look to bounce back from successive away defeats to Queens Park Rangers and Burnley.

In contrast, visitors Birmingham come into the tie off the back of three successive victories, while they are yet to lose on the road so far this season.

Sitting fourth in the Sky Bet Championship, victory for Gary Rowett’s side could see them climb to second in the table behind league-leaders Brighton & Hove Albion. 

TEAM NEWS
Jay Spearing could be available despite limping off against Burnley on Saturday, after Neil Lennon confirmed his leg injury is not as bad as first feared, though Dean Moxey remains doubtful as he continues to battle an ongoing toe problem.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Elsewhere, Zach Clough (shoulder) remains a long-term absentee.

LAST BIRMINGHAM XI (v Queens Park Rangers, W2-1)
Kuszczak, Grounds, Robinson, Morrison, Caddis, Kieftenbeld, Gleeson, Maghoma, Davis (Shinnie 74), Gray (Solomon-Otabor 87), Donaldson.

ONE TO WATCH
Birmingham’s leading goalscorer so far this term, Clayton Donaldson’s efforts for the Blues this season have not gone unnoticed with the striker looking to eclipse the 16 goals he scored during the 2014/15 campaign. 

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The forward joined the club from newly-promoted Brentford at the start of last season after three prolific campaigns at Griffin Park, helping the Bees reach the 2013 Sky Bet League One Play-Off Final before winning promotion as league runners-up the following year.

Having also enjoyed successful stints with York City and Crewe Alexandra earlier in his career, Donaldson remains Birmingham’s most lethal attacking threat, as shown by his hat-trick in their 4-2 victory over Bristol City earlier this season.

PRESS CONFERENCE

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

13Bolton 0-1 Birmingham Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Birmingham Mon Oct 19 2015, 21:34

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We'll shit em

14Bolton 0-1 Birmingham Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Birmingham Mon Oct 19 2015, 21:38

Chairmanda

Chairmanda
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

another match I am missing (online) as another friend coming to visit to help me out. I so appreciate it, but shame visits clash with matches. I unfortunately can see this being another loss...1 - 3

15Bolton 0-1 Birmingham Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Birmingham Tue Oct 20 2015, 13:40

Numpty 28723

Numpty 28723
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

If we only win one more match all season please let it be against this lot - can't stand the miserable blue-nosed tossers and still seething about not sending them down the year before last.

16Bolton 0-1 Birmingham Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Birmingham Tue Oct 20 2015, 19:11

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Radio Nuts is now live. Smile

17Bolton 0-1 Birmingham Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Birmingham Tue Oct 20 2015, 19:12

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

@OfficialBWFC: #BWFC team to face @BCFC: Amos, Derik, Wheater, Dervite, Casado, Feeney, Davies, Pratley, Wellington, Heskey, Madine #BOLvBIR

18Bolton 0-1 Birmingham Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Birmingham Tue Oct 20 2015, 19:13

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

@OfficialBWFC: #BWFC subs: Rachubka, Prince, Vela, Clayton, Danns, Dobbie, Woolery #BOLvBIR

19Bolton 0-1 Birmingham Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Birmingham Tue Oct 20 2015, 19:14

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Thank god Heskey is starting..................................................Not!

20Bolton 0-1 Birmingham Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Birmingham Tue Oct 20 2015, 21:37

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Fucking atrocious

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum