Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton 0-1 Birmingham

+13
Bollotom2014
doffcocker
rammywhite
Hipster_Nebula
BoltonTillIDie
Numpty 28723
Chairmanda
Boggersbelief
scottjames30
Norpig
karlypants
Bwfc1958
wanderlust
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

41Bolton 0-1 Birmingham - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Birmingham Wed Oct 21 2015, 20:11

Kevin Davies will be in the mix.

42Bolton 0-1 Birmingham - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Birmingham Wed Oct 21 2015, 20:11

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Terry butcher

43Bolton 0-1 Birmingham - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Birmingham Wed Oct 21 2015, 20:14

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Uwe Rosler

44Bolton 0-1 Birmingham - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Birmingham Wed Oct 21 2015, 20:16

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bruce Forsyth. cheers

45Bolton 0-1 Birmingham - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Birmingham Wed Oct 21 2015, 20:17

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:Bruce Forsyth. cheers
:party:

46Bolton 0-1 Birmingham - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Birmingham Wed Oct 21 2015, 20:42

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

boltonbonce wrote:
At least it would always be guaranteed to be a good game.....

47Bolton 0-1 Birmingham - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Birmingham Wed Oct 21 2015, 20:55

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Bwfc1958 wrote:
boltonbonce wrote:

.....and what we need is points, and we all know what points win!

48Bolton 0-1 Birmingham - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Birmingham Wed Oct 21 2015, 20:58

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

rammywhite wrote:
Bwfc1958 wrote:
boltonbonce wrote:

Prizes? Very Happy

49Bolton 0-1 Birmingham - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Birmingham Wed Oct 21 2015, 21:06

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

karlypants wrote:
rammywhite wrote:
Bwfc1958 wrote:
boltonbonce wrote:

Prizes? Very Happy

Spot on KP

50Bolton 0-1 Birmingham - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Birmingham Wed Oct 21 2015, 21:15

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

God help the casual visitor to 'nuts. Razz

51Bolton 0-1 Birmingham - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Birmingham Wed Oct 21 2015, 21:26

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:God help the casual visitor to 'nuts. Razz

The bumchums scared them off a long time ago.

52Bolton 0-1 Birmingham - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Birmingham Wed Oct 21 2015, 22:01

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I believe that the Houston Dynamo manager is the best manager he's ever been and any club would be fortunate to have him.

53Bolton 0-1 Birmingham - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Birmingham Wed Oct 21 2015, 22:37

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Copper Dragon wrote:I believe that the Houston Dynamo manager is the best manager he's ever been and any club would be fortunate to have him.

Houston Dynamo got 'relegated' this season - so Coyle kind of got his hat trick of relegated clubs.

Yes I know, Wigan went down under a different manager - but he was hamstrung with Coyle's wonderful team and his signings (Grant Holt for instance!).

Similarly there is no actual relegation in Major League Soccer but in a league of twelve where the top eight go on to the play-offs, Houston finished tenth!

Well done Owen - an outstanding achievement!

54Bolton 0-1 Birmingham - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Birmingham Thu Oct 22 2015, 11:15

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

What a state to get into.

55Bolton 0-1 Birmingham - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Birmingham Thu Oct 22 2015, 12:26

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:Numpty i totally agree with you, the thing that annoys me is what do we do in training all week? I can tell you what we don't do and that's practice passing, we couldn't string 3 or 4 passes together last night, we really are poor in possession.

Back in the day we used to regularly try different systems and different players in training, often playing people "out of position" to capitalise on their attributes e.g. pace. I know playing people out of position isn't popular but sometimes it makes every sense e.g. Thierry Henri switching from traditional winger to CF and the number of wide men who are great as wingbacks etc. The likes of Kieran Richardson have extended their career by switching positions and there are numerous other examples.
When the chips are down, experimentation is more justifiable - after all we've nothing to lose by it and it's not as if we have a settled team and system ATM.

Seems unlikely that they are doing this in training although TBF Derik was tried at RB against Brum, but why stop there when our midfield just isn't dominant enough to give us the possession we need and to protect our defence? 
Mavies, Spearing and their ilk just aren't athletic enough to cope with box-to-box football so either we need a system that is less attack-focused so they have more bodies around them, or we need proper athletes in midfield - more Pratleys and less Mavies's. Or both.

If Lennon keeps picking Dervite for his "footballing" ability, why not stick him in front of a back four where he can show it without compromising the defence too much. I'd get White back from Blackpool and try him out as a destroyer seeing as he's as quick as anyone else in the squad and a big lad with defensive instincts.

We have loads of players but my worry is that the management put them all into little boxes and fail to see their potential role in resolving our immediate problems.

By focusing on midfield dominance, even it if means playing 5 across the middle we should stop conceding (an improvement in itself) and although we won't have the same attacking focus, the increased possession should give us more opportunities. They won't necessarily be clear cut opportunities but we are hardly creating that many ATM especially when we are getting the ball forward to the big men quickly and thereby stretching play - which doesn't suit our system/selection. That's why I'd sack off Madine and Heskey and play our best finisher as a lone striker in front of 5 athletes - and stop trying to bully defences with big men as it's predictable and doesn't work.

56Bolton 0-1 Birmingham - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Birmingham Thu Oct 22 2015, 12:38

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

LENNON HAS WALKED

57Bolton 0-1 Birmingham - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Birmingham Thu Oct 22 2015, 12:47

NO HE HASN'T.

58Bolton 0-1 Birmingham - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Birmingham Thu Oct 22 2015, 12:48

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:NO HE HASN'T.

Freak

59Bolton 0-1 Birmingham - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Birmingham Thu Oct 22 2015, 12:51

Keyboard warrior.

60Bolton 0-1 Birmingham - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Birmingham Thu Oct 22 2015, 12:55

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

are you stuck on repeat? Pleb.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum