Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Film and TV review.

+29
Boggersbelief
Bwfc1958
boltonbonce
sunlight
Ten Bobsworth
DEANO82
okocha
gloswhite
wessy
Angry Dad
y2johnny
bryan458
Bollotom2014
terenceanne
Bread2.0
scottjames30
whatsgoingon
Mr Magoo
Leeds_Trotter
luckyPeterpiper
Sluffy
BoltonTillIDie
doffcocker
rammywhite
finlaymcdanger
Chairmanda
Reebok Trotter
karlypants
Norpig
33 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 27 ... 50  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 50]

61Film and TV review. - Page 4 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Tue Dec 15 2015, 13:25

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Jumped out of bed this morning and stood on a 3 pin plug. Great start to the day.
Don't like Luther either. Laughing

62Film and TV review. - Page 4 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Tue Dec 15 2015, 14:35

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

bwfc1874 wrote:Anybody been watching the Bridge? (Scandi version not shitty we can't be arsed to read subtitles American version).

3rd series is on iplayer at the moment, darker and faster paced than the first 2 but seriously good.

Yes, I agree.

Never watched the American version but found the Anglo-French version (The Tunnel) OK.

63Film and TV review. - Page 4 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Wed Dec 16 2015, 19:26

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

xmiles wrote:
bwfc1874 wrote:Anybody been watching the Bridge? (Scandi version not shitty we can't be arsed to read subtitles American version).

3rd series is on iplayer at the moment, darker and faster paced than the first 2 but seriously good.

Yes, I agree.

Never watched the American version but found the Anglo-French version (The Tunnel) OK.
Yes- I'm watching it and I think its great Saga (the actress, not the ones who send me letters about chair lifts) is excellent. Finishes on Saturday -so I hope there's more.

64Film and TV review. - Page 4 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Wed Dec 16 2015, 23:20

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

If you like The Bridge you will probably also enjoy Fargo although this has a very different tone.

65Film and TV review. - Page 4 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Thu Dec 17 2015, 08:35

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

xmiles wrote:If you like The Bridge you will probably also enjoy Fargo although this has a very different tone.

Cheers exmiles-I'll watch that  as well. I enjoy Scandi-noir much better than most American stuff as it broods, takes much longer to unravel and is acted by far better actors than trash like NCIS and all that poor quality stuff.

66Film and TV review. - Page 4 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Thu Dec 17 2015, 10:28

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Fargo was excellent. I have ordered Season 2 for Xmas. 

Rammy have you watched The Killing ? It's another Scandinavian production with plenty of twists and turns. The American version is set in Seattle.

67Film and TV review. - Page 4 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Thu Dec 17 2015, 10:31

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Reebok Trotter wrote:Fargo was excellent. I have ordered Season 2 for Xmas. 

Rammy have you watched The Killing ? It's another Scandinavian production with plenty of twists and turns. The American version is set in Seattle.

Hi RT,
I saw the Killing-and enjoyed the Scandi one. I watched a bit of the US one  but I wasn't over impressed with it.
I'll get the Fargo stuff and have a look at that. is it based in the US?

68Film and TV review. - Page 4 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Thu Dec 17 2015, 10:35

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Fargo is great Rammy, the first series was great and the second is just as good. Very quirky but excellent viewing

69Film and TV review. - Page 4 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Thu Dec 17 2015, 10:42

Billy Bob Thornton was brilliant in the first series, haven't got round to watching the second yet.

One other Scandi drama worth watching is Borgen.

70Film and TV review. - Page 4 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Thu Dec 17 2015, 11:13

I wasn't sure about Fargo Season 2 at first, but it's turned out to be fantastic.

Can't wait for the finale next week.

71Film and TV review. - Page 4 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Fri Dec 18 2015, 11:29

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

the last episode of Peep Show was on Wednesday and was fantastic and a great end to the show, it's a shame there won't be anymore as its been one of my favourites for many years

72Film and TV review. - Page 4 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Fri Dec 18 2015, 11:31

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:the last episode of Peep Show was on Wednesday and was fantastic and a great end to the show, it's a shame there won't be anymore as its been one of my favourites for many years
I kept forgetting to watch the final series, downloading it now is a must.

Fantastic sitcom.

73Film and TV review. - Page 4 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Tue Dec 22 2015, 16:26

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Do we have any Deadwood fans?

I've just finished the first series today, done a bit of Wikipedia research on it, turns out the main fella in it - who I was expecting to be some nobody Italian American actor - is actually from Blackburn and the son of a Wanderers player from the 40's. Harry McShane that is for the site codgers.

Highly recommended.

74Film and TV review. - Page 4 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Tue Dec 22 2015, 16:34

doffcocker wrote:Do we have any Deadwood fans?

I've just finished the first series today, done a bit of Wikipedia research on it, turns out the main fella in it - who I was expecting to be some nobody Italian American actor - is actually from Blackburn and the son of a Wanderers player from the 40's. Harry McShane that is for the site codgers.

Highly recommended.

You honestly have no idea who the the real and original Lovejoy is?

Seriously, Doff.......?

Kids today....sheesh!  Very Happy

75Film and TV review. - Page 4 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Tue Dec 22 2015, 16:47

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Breadman wrote:
doffcocker wrote:Do we have any Deadwood fans?

Highly recommended.

You honestly have no idea who the the real and original Lovejoy is?

Seriously, Doff.......?

Kids today....sheesh!  Very Happy

I've heard of it Bread and I now know that the bloke in question is sort of the face of it, but that's all I'm afraid.

76Film and TV review. - Page 4 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Tue Dec 22 2015, 17:01

Lovejoy's mullet was legendary back in the day.

He was eye candy for the Mums on Sunday night before they got Downton.

77Film and TV review. - Page 4 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Tue Dec 22 2015, 17:34

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Didn't his Dad play for the Red Death?

78Film and TV review. - Page 4 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Tue Dec 22 2015, 17:53

I always thought he did and that's why Lovejoy always had a Utd mug in the show.

(Seriously)

79Film and TV review. - Page 4 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Tue Dec 22 2015, 17:55

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

80Film and TV review. - Page 4 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Wed Dec 23 2015, 08:43

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

anyone on here watch Love/Hate? Its an Irish gangster series set in Dublin. Just watched the second series on Spike but have had to buy the rest on DVD as can't find it showing anywhere on UK TV.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 50]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 27 ... 50  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum