Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Economy watch

+19
Copper Dragon
Bwfc1958
Bread2.0
bwfc71
karlypants
Norpig
Reebok Trotter
Chairmanda
xmiles
Sluffy
Bollotom2014
boltonbonce
whatsgoingon
Natasha Whittam
okocha
scottjames30
NickFazer
gloswhite
wanderlust
23 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12 ... 22  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 22]

41Economy watch - Page 3 Empty Re: Economy watch Sat Jul 30 2016, 22:45

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

bwfc1874 wrote:
boltonbonce wrote:Did I just see the Daily Express described as a newspaper? Shocked

A recent Express fact check.

http://blogs.channel4.com/factcheck/factcheck-express-bananas-eu/23034

Surely you realise that facts are like kryptonite to Brexit fans.

42Economy watch - Page 3 Empty Re: Economy watch Sat Jul 30 2016, 22:53

boltonbonce wrote:EU threatens future of British jam. Razz
That was one of the key policies. If you looked closely at the side of the bus it said £350 million for the NHS and we preserve our jam heritage.

43Economy watch - Page 3 Empty Re: Economy watch Sat Jul 30 2016, 23:00

As opposed to jamming our preserve heritage.

44Economy watch - Page 3 Empty Re: Economy watch Sat Jul 30 2016, 23:04

Don't understand but I'm very drunk

45Economy watch - Page 3 Empty Re: Economy watch Sat Jul 30 2016, 23:12

Jams are preserves.

It was a very weak word gag.

Sorry.

I too am imbibing.

46Economy watch - Page 3 Empty Re: Economy watch Sat Jul 30 2016, 23:39

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

47Economy watch - Page 3 Empty Re: Economy watch Sun Jul 31 2016, 01:01

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Golly!

48Economy watch - Page 3 Empty Re: Economy watch Sun Jul 31 2016, 01:03

boltonbonce wrote:Golly!

Gosh!

(Whispers: You can't say that anymore!)

49Economy watch - Page 3 Empty Re: Economy watch Sun Jul 31 2016, 01:13

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

If I weren't half cut
id do a brucet golly but my face keeps falling into the keyboard

50Economy watch - Page 3 Empty Re: Economy watch Sun Jul 31 2016, 01:17

Me too - Tesco Whisky & Coke's to blame.

Still in holiday mode.

Been back at work for a week and decided that I'm still not ready for being serious and stuff yet.

I fecking hate working for a living......

51Economy watch - Page 3 Empty Re: Economy watch Mon Aug 01 2016, 13:24

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Following on from last week's partial recovery on the back of three month manufacturing figures it turned out that all the gains were made in April before the referendum. Subsequent studies now show UK manufacturing contracts at fastest pace for three years

This announcement has in turn driven down the pound and the FTSE - both have fallen by 0.3% today on the back of the the "dismal manufacturing figures".

The contraction of manufacturing has clear implications for exports - and flies in the face of the theory that a weak pound will boost exports to compensate for the reduced profit from European markets.

However, this post-referendum short term wobble was fully expected and we'll no doubt be back in the saddle any day now especially with all those countries queuing up to strike trade deals with us according to yesterday's Fail on Sunday.

52Economy watch - Page 3 Empty Re: Economy watch Mon Aug 01 2016, 14:46

Chairmanda

Chairmanda
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

wanderlust wrote:Anybody else buying or selling a house ATM? Obviously the housing market is traditionally volatile but  usually the estate agents make a killing whichever way it goes, but not at the moment.
Foxton's who are big around London and the South East have just returned a 42% fall in profits and are reconsidering plans to open another 100 branches in and around London (shelved not scrapped) From where I am the housing market seems dead apart from properties under £250k. Are the boards staying up in your area or is there any movement?
I am selling, we aren't allowed boards where I live, so hard to know if there's more or less going on that way, personal experience, although it's not done till its done, I have no shortage of willing purchasers. I'm not in the sub £250k market so can't comment on that (never fail to be shocked at the disparity in house prices between Bolton and Bath!)

53Economy watch - Page 3 Empty Re: Economy watch Mon Aug 01 2016, 16:30

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:Following on from last week's partial recovery on the back of three month manufacturing figures it turned out that all the gains were made in April before the referendum. Subsequent studies now show UK manufacturing contracts at fastest pace for three years

This announcement has in turn driven down the pound and the FTSE - both have fallen by 0.3% today on the back of the the "dismal manufacturing figures".

The contraction of manufacturing has clear implications for exports - and flies in the face of the theory that a weak pound will boost exports to compensate for the reduced profit from European markets.

However, this post-referendum short term wobble was fully expected and we'll no doubt be back in the saddle any day now especially with all those countries queuing up to strike trade deals with us according to yesterday's Fail on Sunday.

Petrol down 2p again today in Preston. Where are these massive hikes we were promised by the doom and gloom merchants?

They were also selling 3 full size Twirls for £1 on the forecourt. Good day all round.

54Economy watch - Page 3 Empty Re: Economy watch Mon Aug 01 2016, 16:50

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
wanderlust wrote:Following on from last week's partial recovery on the back of three month manufacturing figures it turned out that all the gains were made in April before the referendum. Subsequent studies now show UK manufacturing contracts at fastest pace for three years

Petrol down 2p again today in Preston. Where are these massive hikes we were promised by the doom and gloom merchants?

They were also selling 3 full size Twirls for £1 on the forecourt. Good day all round.
Retail prices shouldn't be affected until existing stocks have run out and we have to start importing raw materials and finished goods paying in the newly devalued pound which seems to have settled down at around 10% less than it was before the referendum. UK refineries usually carry about six months of stocks but they try to offset exchange rate issues by buying in advance at an agreed fixed price, so although  we have to buy (our own) oil in USD we are probably protected for a couple of years.
Twirls on the other hand are imported from Ireland so it's the euro exchange rate that will govern their price.

55Economy watch - Page 3 Empty Re: Economy watch Mon Aug 01 2016, 17:01

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

So why were we told that there would be some immediate cataclysmic effect post-Brexit that would require Osborne to impose further emergency austerity measures?

While we're at it, why are we still committing ourselves to mammoth white elephants such as HS2, updating of Trident and Hinkley, when we have record numbers using food banks etc?

56Economy watch - Page 3 Empty Re: Economy watch Mon Aug 01 2016, 17:05

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:Anybody else buying or selling a house ATM? Obviously the housing market is traditionally volatile but  usually the estate agents make a killing whichever way it goes, but not at the moment.
Foxton's who are big around London and the South East have just returned a 42% fall in profits and are reconsidering plans to open another 100 branches in and around London (shelved not scrapped) From where I am the housing market seems dead apart from properties under £250k. Are the boards staying up in your area or is there any movement?

I have a mate who works as an estate agent. He reckoned the first few days post Brexit everything went quiet and sales were down but the last three weeks have seen a significant upturn with sales on the increase. He reckons prices have dropped slightly so it's a buyers market for those looking for a bargain.

57Economy watch - Page 3 Empty Re: Economy watch Mon Aug 01 2016, 17:10

Can't say I sypathise with any big estate agent. Set of lying cunt bags intent on ripping me off.

Fuck them all.

58Economy watch - Page 3 Empty Re: Economy watch Mon Aug 01 2016, 17:25

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:Can't say I sypathise with any big estate agent. Set of lying cunt bags intent on ripping me off.

Fuck them all.

I can't speak for all of them but my mate is actually a decent chap.

59Economy watch - Page 3 Empty Re: Economy watch Mon Aug 01 2016, 17:44

Reebok Trotter wrote:
bwfc1874 wrote:Can't say I sypathise with any big estate agent. Set of lying cunt bags intent on ripping me off.

Fuck them all.

I can't speak for all of them but my mate is actually a decent chap.

More so the big companies in London I expect Trotter. The market is so geared in their favour they can get away with murder when it comes to how they treat tenants.

60Economy watch - Page 3 Empty Re: Economy watch Tue Aug 02 2016, 15:04

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Contradictory figures from the construction sector just released. 
Construction activity continued to decline in July with the industry shrinking at it's fastest rate in seven years and this was reflected in reduced sales for builders merchants, however the Mineral Products Association says there was a slight increase in sales in July (Asphalt and concrete) 
So why are they selling more concrete and asphalt - but less of other materials - when overall building activity is falling? Weird.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 22]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12 ... 22  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum