Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Worst Remake Ever

+8
Natasha Whittam
mark leach
Keegan
doffcocker
Angry Dad
Hipster_Nebula
Reebok Trotter
xmiles
12 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Worst Remake Ever Empty Worst Remake Ever Tue Jul 17 2012, 21:47

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

The Wicker Man.

Never mind that the original is a classic, the remake is one of the worst films I have ever seen plus, as a bonus, it stars Nicolas Cage.

2Worst Remake Ever Empty Re: Worst Remake Ever Tue Jul 17 2012, 21:51

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think I may have had a nocturnal emission on the strength of Brigitte Bardot doing her naked body popping against the wall of Eddie's hotel room. Scaramanga wont be happy.

3Worst Remake Ever Empty Re: Worst Remake Ever Tue Jul 17 2012, 22:01

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Nicholas Cage is an Oscar Winner, can't knock that!

Worst remakes hmmmm.

A lot of the Japanese horror remakes spring to mind. Dark Water especially.

4Worst Remake Ever Empty Re: Worst Remake Ever Tue Jul 17 2012, 22:04

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Reebok Trotter wrote:I think I may have had a nocturnal emission on the strength of Brigitte Bardot doing her naked body popping against the wall of Eddie's hotel room. Scaramanga wont be happy.

Er I think that was Britt Eklund and ...er they used a body double for the scene as well. Crying or Very sad

5Worst Remake Ever Empty Re: Worst Remake Ever Tue Jul 17 2012, 22:28

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

There are lots but for me its my all time favorite film ( GET CARTER )
absolute travesty with sly stallone. Michael Caine was the bollox in that film. I Have a framed poster of him with the shotgun over the fireplace.

6Worst Remake Ever Empty Re: Worst Remake Ever Tue Jul 17 2012, 22:58

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I don't think I've ever watched a remake in my life.

Why do they always have to remake films that were brilliant? Why can't they take a film that was shit to start with, and make it good, instead of the other way around?

7Worst Remake Ever Empty Re: Worst Remake Ever Tue Jul 17 2012, 23:08

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Angry Dad wrote: There are lots but for me its my all time favorite film ( GET CARTER )
absolute travesty with sly stallone. Michael Caine was the bollox in that film. I Have a framed poster of him with the shotgun over the fireplace.

Stallone is not a great actor. He mumbles through a lot of his films. I don't think I understood half of what he said in the Rambo films. Putting him as Carter is a bit like putting Joe Pasquale up for the Terminator films.

8Worst Remake Ever Empty Re: Worst Remake Ever Tue Jul 17 2012, 23:15

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Angry Dad wrote: There are lots but for me its my all time favorite film ( GET CARTER )

I'm sure that's a contender but I can't bring myself to watch it as I like the original so much.

9Worst Remake Ever Empty Re: Worst Remake Ever Tue Jul 17 2012, 23:30

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Wicker Man was impressive for its shitness.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

10Worst Remake Ever Empty Re: Worst Remake Ever Tue Jul 17 2012, 23:47

I didn't like the original Wickerman so never watched the remake.

Some really bad ones that I can think of are:
Russell Brand as Arthur
Jude Law as Alfie
Vince Vaughn as Norman Bates
Any film ending ....... of the dead
The Italian Job not set in Italy
The Omen
Planet of the Apes
Clash of the Titans

Has there ever been a remake that is superior to the original? Only one In my opinion is True Grit

11Worst Remake Ever Empty Re: Worst Remake Ever Wed Jul 18 2012, 08:56

mark leach

mark leach
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Reebok Trotter wrote:I think I may have had a nocturnal emission on the strength of Brigitte Bardot doing her naked body popping against the wall of Eddie's hotel room. Scaramanga wont be happy.

Don't you mean Britt eckland ?

12Worst Remake Ever Empty Re: Worst Remake Ever Wed Jul 18 2012, 10:34

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Rise of the Planet of the Apes was good. Not that it was a remake, but kind of.

The american version of The Ring is also very good.

and i actually prefer the remake of Dawn of the Dead. Great fun.

13Worst Remake Ever Empty Re: Worst Remake Ever Wed Jul 18 2012, 10:41

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

mark leach wrote:

Don't you mean Britt eckland ?

Yes, I did mean Britt and not Brigitte.

14Worst Remake Ever Empty Re: Worst Remake Ever Wed Jul 18 2012, 10:54

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Charlie And The Chocolate Factory was dreadful with Johnny Depp.
The Time Machine with Samantha Mumba for fucks sake!
The Assassin

15Worst Remake Ever Empty Re: Worst Remake Ever Wed Jul 18 2012, 15:51

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Rise of the Planet of the Apes was good. Not that it was a remake, but kind of.

I have to disagree with you with regards to the US remake of The Ring Trilogy (although only 2 US films were made) - the original Japanese version, even to this day, really creep me up big style and do need teh use of the settee cushions! Whereas the US films are just far to bland and have no air of creepiness at all.

But the ones I was going to suggest which have been very poor, have been mentioned with particular attention going to The Time Machine - the original was amasterpeice in science fiction storytelling; The Italian Job and Alfie. Plus do not forget the remake of The Thomas Crown Affair!

One which is a very good remake is Ocean's 11.

16Worst Remake Ever Empty Re: Worst Remake Ever Wed Jul 18 2012, 16:05

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

There are good remakes, the reason they are never credited as good remakes is because the first film was generally not very good/popular so most people don't realise it was a remake in the first place.

Three that come to mind straight away are John Carpenter's The Thing, The Fly, (Both wich are often/always in top sci-fi movie lists) and Scarface, all three are generally not known to be remakes.

Unfortunelty too often films which were very successful and loved are remade just to gain more money since there is no chance of creating a better film, usually due to individuality of the first, i.e. The Italian Job

Last edited by Lofty_Love on Wed Jul 18 2012, 16:10; edited 1 time in total

17Worst Remake Ever Empty Re: Worst Remake Ever Wed Jul 18 2012, 16:10

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Lofty_Love wrote:There are good remakes, the reason they are never credited as good remakes is because the first film was generally not very good/popular so most people don't realise it was a remake in the first place.

Three that come to mind straight away are John Carpenter's The Thing, The Fly, (Both wich are often/always in top sci-fi movie lists) and Scarface, all three are generally not known to be remakes.

Unfortunelty too often films which were very successful and loved are remade just to gain more money.

The original The Fly, imho, has to be far better than the remake. Possibly me just not connecting with Jeff Goldblum - I just don't rate any of the films were he is the lead!

18Worst Remake Ever Empty Re: Worst Remake Ever Wed Jul 18 2012, 16:16

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Natasha Whittam wrote:Charlie And The Chocolate Factory was dreadful with Johnny Depp.
The Time Machine with Samantha Mumba for fucks sake!

Can't argue with that, the time machine remake especially.

The remake of The Hitcher too was aweful, sean bean with his yorkshire accent just doesn't work in that role.

19Worst Remake Ever Empty Re: Worst Remake Ever Wed Jul 18 2012, 16:22

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc71 wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:Rise of the Planet of the Apes was good. Not that it was a remake, but kind of.

I have to disagree with you with regards to the US remake of The Ring Trilogy (although only 2 US films were made) - the original Japanese version, even to this day, really creep me up big style and do need teh use of the settee cushions! Whereas the US films are just far to bland and have no air of creepiness at all.

But the ones I was going to suggest which have been very poor, have been mentioned with particular attention going to The Time Machine - the original was amasterpeice in science fiction storytelling; The Italian Job and Alfie. Plus do not forget the remake of The Thomas Crown Affair!

One which is a very good remake is Ocean's 11.

I only mentioned The Ring, the Ring 2 remake was atrocious.

20Worst Remake Ever Empty Re: Worst Remake Ever Wed Jul 18 2012, 16:23

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

bwfc71 wrote:
The original The Fly, imho, has to be far better than the remake. Possibly me just not connecting with Jeff Goldblum - I just don't rate any of the films were he is the lead!

Well I suppose alot of it is personal opinion because I think he plays his role very well in that film but I can also see why people might not like it, as is the case with most sci-fi films there is split opinion, but you get my point.

I watched the first one, not that I can remember much of it, except for the end scene when he is stuck in the web (which was actually very good), but I do remember feeling that the remake was a far more interesting watch due to his slow transformation instead of just the BOOM your half fly which the original did.

Good remakes usually come when decent directors, not money grabbing whores, use old films which had a interesting premise but never achieved its potential. Probably the best example from the three I gave is The Thing

Last edited by Lofty_Love on Wed Jul 18 2012, 16:24; edited 1 time in total

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum