Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Brexit - A new twist!

+20
boltonbonce
wessy
wanderlust
Boggersbelief
rammywhite
Chairmanda
okocha
Reebok Trotter
whatsgoingon
karlypants
NickFazer
finlaymcdanger
Bwfc1958
Natasha Whittam
Norpig
xmiles
gloswhite
Bread2.0
Soul Kitchen
Sluffy
24 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

Go down  Message [Page 13 of 14]

241Brexit - A new twist! - Page 13 Empty Re: Brexit - A new twist! Mon Apr 03 2017, 19:28

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Been trying to think of a way to annoy Breadman. Then I found this. Razz

242Brexit - A new twist! - Page 13 Empty Re: Brexit - A new twist! Mon Apr 03 2017, 19:59

Bread2.0

Bread2.0
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Pat's become a parody of himself and it's a bit of a shame because in his more moderate days, he actually spoke a lot of sense.

I just laugh at him nowadays.

(And I didn't even click play.  Very Happy )

243Brexit - A new twist! - Page 13 Empty Re: Brexit - A new twist! Mon Apr 03 2017, 20:03

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I laughed all the way through it. Very Happy

244Brexit - A new twist! - Page 13 Empty Re: Brexit - A new twist! Mon Apr 03 2017, 22:18

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Bread2.0 wrote:
Now why doesn't this surprise me ?

I personally think that a lot of what he said was actually spot on.

245Brexit - A new twist! - Page 13 Empty Re: Brexit - A new twist! Mon Apr 03 2017, 23:05

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

gloswhite wrote:
Bread2.0 wrote:
Now why doesn't this surprise me ?

I personally think that a lot of what he said was actually spot on.

He says what an awful lot of people feel.

Certainly describes our two most ceaseless Remain supporters on Nuts.

At the end of the day, rightly or wrongly, there were more people who felt the EU did nothing for them, than who felt they benefited from it.

We've certainly suffered with the 'pound in our pocket' since the vote but we've yet to experience the financial Armageddon predicted by the 'experts' following a Brexit result either!

There was never any need for a referendum in the first place - it was all a badly miscalculated charade from the Conservative party to silence the anti-EU voice in its ranks and shut them up once and for all.

This fiasco was doubly compounded by the inept leadership of Corbyn rallying his Labour Party voters to vote Remain.

It seems pretty clear from his almost invisible performance that he too wanted Brexit personally.

So a complete balls up politically by both the Conservatives and Labour - one holding a needless referendum and the other not getting anywhere close to mobilising its supporters has brought about something that never needed to have happened in the first place.

The phrase 'Lions led by donkeys' comes to mind yet again.

246Brexit - A new twist! - Page 13 Empty Re: Brexit - A new twist! Tue Apr 04 2017, 11:11

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Sluffy wrote:

There was never any need for a referendum in the first place - it was all a badly miscalculated charade from the Conservative party to silence the anti-EU voice in its ranks and shut them up once and for all.

This fiasco was doubly compounded by the inept leadership of Corbyn rallying his Labour Party voters to vote Remain.

It seems pretty clear from his almost invisible performance that he too wanted Brexit personally.

So a complete balls up politically by both the Conservatives and Labour - one holding a needless referendum and the other not getting anywhere close to mobilising its supporters has brought about something that never needed to have happened in the first place.

:agree:

247Brexit - A new twist! - Page 13 Empty Re: Brexit - A new twist! Wed Apr 05 2017, 17:48

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bread2.0 wrote:Pat's become a parody of himself and it's a bit of a shame because in his more moderate days, he actually spoke a lot of sense.

I just laugh at him nowadays.

You didn't miss much. It was some paranoid bloke who came across as being desperate not to be proven wrong now that reality is moving ever closer. Seems to think that the more passive-aggressive he is the more he can convince himself that he has not f***** up big time.

Just let him stew for couple of years...

248Brexit - A new twist! - Page 13 Empty Re: Brexit - A new twist! Sat Apr 22 2017, 12:57

Bread2.0

Bread2.0
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

249Brexit - A new twist! - Page 13 Empty Re: Brexit - A new twist! Sat Apr 22 2017, 13:10

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

In a week when our economy is taking a bit of a beating and both Germany and France both have outstanding growth, it looks like the realities of Brexit are starting to bite and the British media lies that caused it exposed.

The Times goes a bit further on Britain's exclusion from the deal. 

It's also noticeable that Trump's administration are starting to realise the reality of international trade too.

"A source close to the White House was quoted as saying that there had been a "realisation" in the Trump administration that a trade deal with the EU - allowing the tariff-free exchange of goods and services - was more important to U.S. interests than a post-Brexit deal with Britain."

No doubt May will continue to lead us down the road to ruin regardless.
I'll be amazed if their is any mention of the lies she told us after her recent visit to the States.

250Brexit - A new twist! - Page 13 Empty Re: Brexit - A new twist! Sun Apr 23 2017, 15:14

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Five of UK's richest men bankrolled Brexit.

A headline from the Sunday Times today. The article also went in to more detail and said that two-thirds of the funds that paid for the leave campaign came from a handful of donors.

No surprise really.

251Brexit - A new twist! - Page 13 Empty Re: Brexit - A new twist! Sun Apr 23 2017, 15:18

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

What's your point? There's nothing wrong with supporting something you believe in.

252Brexit - A new twist! - Page 13 Empty Re: Brexit - A new twist! Sun Apr 23 2017, 16:44

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Given that that brexit voters were generally poorer, less well-educated and older than remain voters I wonder how many of them realised that the funding for the brexit campaign was coming from millionaires who clearly see brexit as something that they will benefit from themselves. People like Arron Banks, Peter Hargreaves, Jeremy Hosking etc are not known for their philanthropy.

It always struck me as odd that the brexit campaign presented itself as anti establishment when it was supported by most of Fleet Street and the likes of Boris Johnson and it now appears it was almost entirely funded by billionaires and millionaires.

253Brexit - A new twist! - Page 13 Empty Re: Brexit - A new twist! Sun Apr 23 2017, 16:56

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

xmiles wrote:Given that that brexit voters were generally poorer, less well-educated and older than remain voters

:facepalm:

Whatever you want to believe xmiles.

254Brexit - A new twist! - Page 13 Empty Re: Brexit - A new twist! Sun Apr 23 2017, 17:20

Bread2.0

Bread2.0
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

We're all supposed to be rational and discuss our differences of opinion like adults, as we respect each others' arguments and conduct ourselves with a bit of decorum.

But there comes a time when you're "debating things" with climate change deniers, fundamentalist religious types and your average Leave voter when you've got to say:

"You know what.....You're wrong. Because you're stupid."

255Brexit - A new twist! - Page 13 Empty Re: Brexit - A new twist! Sun Apr 23 2017, 17:40

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bread2.0 wrote:But there comes a time when you're "debating things" with climate change deniers, fundamentalist religious types and your average Leave voter when you've got to say:

"You know what.....You're wrong. Because you're stupid."

How often do you find yourself in this situation?

256Brexit - A new twist! - Page 13 Empty Re: Brexit - A new twist! Sun Apr 23 2017, 17:42

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Natasha Whittam wrote:
xmiles wrote:Given that that brexit voters were generally poorer, less well-educated and older than remain voters

:facepalm:

Whatever you want to believe xmiles.

It is a simple fact. Perhaps you believe in alternative facts. :facepalm:

If you google it there is plenty of evidence but here is a link to an article in The Daily Telegraph:

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=7&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwis1JuwgbvTAhXFBcAKHaUDBCYQFghJMAY&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.telegraph.co.uk%2Fnews%2F2016%2F06%2F24%2Feu-referendum-how-the-results-compare-to-the-uks-educated-old-an%2F&usg=AFQjCNGYcICsEMkbgj9DdybGeYdztV-PpQ&sig2=oANHDCdxR8-Sn7qqwcsNxw

257Brexit - A new twist! - Page 13 Empty Re: Brexit - A new twist! Sun Apr 23 2017, 18:26

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Absolutely no one knows the education standards of everyone who voted, to suggest otherwise is ridiculous. Even if the Daily Telegraph says so :facepalm:

258Brexit - A new twist! - Page 13 Empty Re: Brexit - A new twist! Sun Apr 23 2017, 18:37

Bollotom2014

Bollotom2014
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Oh, I don't know. The general perception of Bolton, and the north is that of low standards of health hygiene and education. Low expectation of a satisfying future and the reliance of state benefits to provide a life where a 40" tele is more of a necessity than a varied shopping list, hence the preponderance of pound and charity shops in most northern towns and cities. At least, that's what it says in the Sunday Sport.  Cool

259Brexit - A new twist! - Page 13 Empty Re: Brexit - A new twist! Sun Apr 23 2017, 18:38

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Natasha Whittam wrote:Absolutely no one knows the education standards of everyone who voted, to suggest otherwise is ridiculous. Even if the Daily Telegraph says so :facepalm:

You have obviously never heard of the concept of sampling or you are just wumming.

I suspect it is just the latter. Smile

260Brexit - A new twist! - Page 13 Empty Re: Brexit - A new twist! Sun Apr 23 2017, 18:40

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

xmiles wrote:You have obviously never heard of the concept of sampling or you are just wumming.

I suspect it is just the latter. Smile

Yeah, I'm sure there was lots of "sampling".

It's absolute garbage.

Just more whinging from the Remainers because they didn't get their way.

When will people get past it?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 13 of 14]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum