Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Shootings in America.

+9
Angry Dad
Sluffy
largehat
Keegan
Natasha Whittam
Reebok_Rebel
Bolton Nuts
Reebok Trotter
Hipster_Nebula
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

21Shootings in America.  - Page 2 Empty Re: Shootings in America. Fri Jul 20 2012, 20:09

Bolton Nuts

Admin

Oh, and the guy had also boobytrapped his flat ready for when it gets raided.

https://boltonnuts.forumotion.co.uk

22Shootings in America.  - Page 2 Empty Re: Shootings in America. Mon Jul 23 2012, 16:43

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He's made his first court appearance today.

Shootings in America.  - Page 2 IJGlusYtnautM

23Shootings in America.  - Page 2 Empty Re: Shootings in America. Mon Jul 23 2012, 17:20

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

An attention seeking psychopath who deserves a place on death row.

24Shootings in America.  - Page 2 Empty Re: Shootings in America. Mon Jul 23 2012, 17:26

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I've not followed this case much, I didn't think it had been established that he is a psychopath.

25Shootings in America.  - Page 2 Empty Re: Shootings in America. Mon Jul 23 2012, 17:29

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I totally disagree with the death penalty personally, just my opinion.

He was heavily sedated in court or appeared to be, he couldn't keep his eyes open and was wild eyed. (at times)

I do wonder what happened to this young man, to go from honour role student, flourishing in college to murderer in a month.

26Shootings in America.  - Page 2 Empty Re: Shootings in America. Mon Jul 23 2012, 17:31

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Exactly, Hipster. I worry about people making assumptions and calling for his death. It's the Daily Mail and The Sun's opinion.

27Shootings in America.  - Page 2 Empty Re: Shootings in America. Mon Jul 23 2012, 17:56

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:I totally disagree with the death penalty personally, just my opinion.

But if he's found guilty what's the point of keeping him alive in prison for decades, because he's never going to be let out. Cheaper to flick the switch.

28Shootings in America.  - Page 2 Empty Re: Shootings in America. Mon Jul 23 2012, 18:27

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:I totally disagree with the death penalty personally, just my opinion.

But if he's found guilty what's the point of keeping him alive in prison for decades, because he's never going to be let out. Cheaper to flick the switch.

You're a shining pillar for aspiring Christians everywhere.

29Shootings in America.  - Page 2 Empty Re: Shootings in America. Mon Jul 23 2012, 18:29

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

largehat wrote:

Have you read the bible, it's one of the most vicious stories ever told. Killing one mass murderer is nowt compared to what goes on in the book.

30Shootings in America.  - Page 2 Empty Re: Shootings in America. Mon Jul 23 2012, 18:34

largehat wrote:Exactly, Hipster. I worry about people making assumptions and calling for his death. It's the Daily Mail and The Sun's opinion.

according to reports i've read he was caught red handed in the cinema with the murder weapon in his hands. i'm confident they have the right man. and he should burn.

31Shootings in America.  - Page 2 Empty Re: Shootings in America. Mon Jul 23 2012, 18:36

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:
largehat wrote:

Have you read the bible, it's one of the most vicious stories ever told. Killing one mass murderer is nowt compared to what goes on in the book.

That's a really retarded come back, even for a fake internet persona who poses as a Christian.

Most of modern Christianity is based on the New Testament, and the morality is dominated by the Gospels, in which the central character, Jesus, forgives people their sins.

32Shootings in America.  - Page 2 Empty Re: Shootings in America. Mon Jul 23 2012, 18:39

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

not-so-plain-jayne wrote:
largehat wrote:Exactly, Hipster. I worry about people making assumptions and calling for his death. It's the Daily Mail and The Sun's opinion.

according to reports i've read he was caught red handed in the cinema with the murder weapon in his hands. i'm confident they have the right man. and he should burn.

lol - i don't think anyone is disputing they have the right man bud.

33Shootings in America.  - Page 2 Empty Re: Shootings in America. Mon Jul 23 2012, 18:42

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

largehat wrote:

That's a really retarded come back, even for a fake internet persona who poses as a Christian.

Most of modern Christianity is based on the New Testament, and the morality is dominated by the Gospels, in which the central character, Jesus, forgives people their sins.

Let's assume he is found guilty, do you still believe it's better to keep a mass murderer in prison for potentially 50+ years than put him to death?

34Shootings in America.  - Page 2 Empty Re: Shootings in America. Mon Jul 23 2012, 18:44

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

largehat wrote:I've not followed this case much, I didn't think it had been established that he is a psychopath.

When he was arrested he told the police that he was the Joker, Batman's nemesis. Some psychopathic traits are grandiose self-worth, pathological lying, lack of remorse or guilt, callousness and lack of empathy, need for stimulation or proneness to boredom, poor behavioural controls, impulsivity, irresponsibility, failure to accept responsibility for ones own actions, etc etc.

He ticks all the boxes for me but then again what do I know, being a Sun reader. Wink

35Shootings in America.  - Page 2 Empty Re: Shootings in America. Mon Jul 23 2012, 18:48

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Let's assume he is found guilty, do you still believe it's better to keep a mass murderer in prison for potentially 50+ years than put him to death?

I've already stated in previous discussions that I am morally opposed to the death penalty.

36Shootings in America.  - Page 2 Empty Re: Shootings in America. Mon Jul 23 2012, 18:50

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Reebok Trotter wrote:
He ticks all the boxes for me but then again what do I know, being a Sun reader. Wink

Just a case of wait and see. You can bet he will be thoroughly evaluated.

Like Hipster said, the most interesting thing to establish will be what happened to this young man in the month leading up to the event.

37Shootings in America.  - Page 2 Empty Re: Shootings in America. Mon Jul 23 2012, 19:08

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

largehat wrote:
Like Hipster said, the most interesting thing to establish will be what happened to this young man in the month leading up to the event.

I'll tell you what happened. He spent the month prior to the event planning and scheming as to how many people he could kill and how many innocent lives he could destroy. He probably booby trapped his apartment in case he was killed by the cops at the cinema. It would be his way of killing a few more innocent people and add to his notoriety.

No doubt in time we will be treated to some sob story about how he was bullied at school or girls didn't understand him etc etc.

His self pitying excuses which will no doubt be churned out as some sort of excuse for his actions, will not cut any ice with the families of the victims. I don't agree with capital punishment carte blanche but I believe exceptions should be made for pre-meditated serial killing. The only certain way to prevent these type of individuals from harming anyone in the future is to exterminate them like cockroaches.

They gave up their right to life when they took the lives of innocent victims and as such should not have the right to breathe fresh air.

38Shootings in America.  - Page 2 Empty Re: Shootings in America. Mon Jul 23 2012, 19:12

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Lots of assumptions and emotion in that post RT. I prefer to cut through all the emotion and look at the facts in a balanced way. Like everyone else, he has the right to a fair trial, this is one of the cornerstones of democracy. If you were a US citizen selected for jury service you would rightly be stepped down, you've pre-conceived his motivations, the circumstances of the case and have already 'passed sentence' on him in your mind.

Like I said, it's a case of wait and see.

39Shootings in America.  - Page 2 Empty Re: Shootings in America. Mon Jul 23 2012, 19:21

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I would never deny anyone the right to a fair trial. It is the cornerstone of every free and just society in any democracy. The ' circumstances ' of the case do not interest me. All the press attention will be focused on this piece of garbage wrapped in human skin rather than the victims whose lives have been changed forever.

I don't think there is any doubt as to who carried out this evil crime. He was caught red handed at the scene. No doubt one of the main questions at his trial will be why ?

I know the answer. It's because he is a cnut.

40Shootings in America.  - Page 2 Empty Re: Shootings in America. Mon Jul 23 2012, 19:24

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

How can you agree that he has a right to a fair trial having written off whatever his defence may be in the previous post? You also state he has no right to breathe fresh air. You've decided his guilt, you're not interested in his defence or the circumstances, and you've decided his sentence.

Or is it that you believe in fair trials so long as you don't have to be part of it because some people don't deserve fair trials after all? I don't get it.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum