Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ken Anderson - update.

+31
BoltonTillIDie
wanderlust
Wanderers for 45
y2johnny
Growler
luckyPeterpiper
Bollotom2014
Ten Bobsworth
Cajunboy
bryan458
Leeds_Trotter
finlaymcdanger
Soul Kitchen
Chairmanda
Bwfc1958
MartinBWFC
Kane57
Boggersbelief
terenceanne
Norpig
observer
Sluffy
karlypants
gloswhite
whatsgoingon
Fabians Right Peg
Natasha Whittam
King Bill
Bread2.0
boltonbonce
rammywhite
35 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 33 ... 50  Next

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Go down  Message [Page 16 of 50]

301Ken Anderson - update. - Page 16 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:32 pm

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Much has been said and reported about the result against Brentford at the weekend and generally speaking, l would agree with most of it and say it was probably our worst performance since l have been at the club.

Now however is not the time to waver in our efforts and support of the manager and the team. We must all be even more determined to help them come through this and get things right on the pitch.

Your continued support and backing will be paramount to our success this season.

That said, the players are fully aware of the fact that not only did they let themselves, the manager and his team down, but far more importantly, they let you - the supporters – down.

With the exception of a handful of players, the team very much had an off day and everyone needs to dust themselves down quickly and get back to the level they are capable of with an even more determined attitude to improve and turn things around.

Lingering on the performance on Saturday will not help and fortunately with two games in the next five days, the focus has to be on these matches rather than the last one.

I believe some of the quotes attributed to the manager post-Brentford are very much being taken out of context and were said in the heat of the moment, immediately after the match.

He, like everyone else, was hurting and did not have time to process the comments being put to him literally minutes after the final whistle, although l appreciate that the media have a job to do.

I know for sure that I was hurting, but unlike the manager, l have had the time needed to reflect on the game before commenting.

What l can tell you is that the manager and his team are not quitters and will pick themselves up, look at everything and address the problems.

Likewise, the spirit and the attitude of this group of players is second to none and they are hurting as much as the rest of us and will work even harder to turn things around and show that they have the quality to play and stay in the Championship, which as we all know is of a much higher standard than the last time we were here.

You only have to look at the quality of the opposition and money that has been spent by many clubs in the last two seasons to see the level we have to be at if we are to achieve anything this season.

We should also not forget that we have had a very difficult start to the season and have played four of the current top seven teams and two of the teams relegated from the Premier League last season.

l can assure you that our scouting team are actively monitoring players that are free agents available to sign now and which are fit for immediate selection.

We are also actively scouting players who may be available in January because they are in the last year of their contracts or are looking for a move.

The criteria given to the recruitment team is that we are only interested in players who will improve the squad and give us options that we do not currently have.

We must not forget also that for the season so far, the manager’s team selection has been severely restricted due to injuries to six of our first team squad.

Hopefully, some of these injured players will be returning after the international break which will enable us to field a stronger and more balanced team and bench.

I for one am looking forward to the break which will give us time to get players who have not featured so far this season fit and back in contention.

l can fully understand the feelings and disappointment on the terraces, at home and at work, of you - our loyal and supportive supporters - but l can assure you that l experience the same disappointment and frustrations.

That said, it is even more important that we all stick together and continue to support the manager and team through thick and thin and ensure that we do our utmost to climb the league over the next few months and retain our Championship status.

The more support that we are able to give them, at this difficult time, the better the chance we have of getting the results we need going forward.

Together, we will succeed.

Kind regards,

Ken

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

302Ken Anderson - update. - Page 16 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:47 pm

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

"I believe some of the quotes attributed to the manager post-Brentford are very much being taken out of context and were said in the heat of the moment, immediately after the match"

There couldn't have been more context or better timing for an honest reaction.

What he really means is that all future comments will be run through Anderson's PR machine and translated into media speak before anything "off message" escapes into the public realm.

Can't be having the manager blurting out the truth can we?

303Ken Anderson - update. - Page 16 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:51 pm

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ken wrote:The criteria given to the recruitment team is that we are only interested in players who will improve the squad

We're going to need a huge recruitment team. That's every breathing person on the planet.

304Ken Anderson - update. - Page 16 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:52 pm

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sounds like a vote of confidence to me. We all know what comes next.

305Ken Anderson - update. - Page 16 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:19 pm

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I fully appreciate and understand the frustration you will all be feeling this morning after last night’s game against Bristol City.

I feel that hurt and disappointment too and so does the manager, his staff and the players.

I really felt for the players and the travelling supporters last night, particularly when the hugely deflected second goal went in especially after we had battled away with ten men to get back in the game.

The record books will state that we lost 2-0 but that doesn’t give any indication of the improvement the players showed following last Saturday’s defeat to Brentford, nor the bad luck we have endured and indifferent refereeing decisions that haven’t gone our way.

I agree with the manager and think the sending off was very harsh, but when your luck is down you have to take these decisions on the chin and get up and go again.

These aren’t excuses, but are rather reflective of our current plight and I firmly believe, as does the manager, that our efforts will be rewarded very soon.

We’ve got another tough game coming up at the weekend against Aston Villa, who have found some good form of late.

But please rest assured that the lads will be working extremely hard in training to try and get something from the game before we go into the international break.

I know that every single player who puts on a Bolton Wanderers shirt will do the club proud at Villa Park. It was clear to see last night that every player gave their all right up to the end.

Just as we all celebrated promotion together last season, we must all remain and work together during this period as we aim to change our fortunes.

It was pleasing to see Sammy Ameobi back in action last night and he gives us something different in that final third. With more game time under his belt, he will provide us with a new dimension which will be a great benefit to the team.

Karl Henry had a solid debut at Ashton Gate and will play a very important role for us in the middle of the park for the remainder of the campaign.

He is very experienced at this level and will add some steel. Our recruitment team did an excellent job in getting him in and registered in time to play last night and they are still actively targeting one or two more additions to the squad leading up to the January transfer window.

Like I said, it is important that we all remain together and continue the fantastic support of your club as I know that the tide will turn in our favour.

There is still plenty of football to be played between now and next May and your continued support is crucial as we look to build on our improvement in form.

As has been said elsewhere, we are in a mini-league and our goal is to come out on top of that league and I have every confidence in this squad of players and management to ensure we achieve that.

Kind regards,

Ken

306Ken Anderson - update. - Page 16 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:28 am

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Yesterday’s game at Villa Park further illustrated the improvement in our performances over the last couple of weeks.
Everybody at the game will have left the ground scratching their heads as to why we didn’t come away with a point. 

It was particularly frustrating that we weren’t able to get the goal and at least a deserved draw that our performance merited. That goal line clearance late on in the game just about summed up our fortunes.

That we put in such a performance against a multimillion pound and in-form team like Villa suggests that we are moving in the right direction and it will only be a matter of time before we get the points we deserve. The belief is there for all to see and it was a pleasure to witness all our supporters applauding the players at full-time.

I don't know if you are like myself, but l find it very uninteresting when the media constantly harp on about historical match statistics, which in my opinion are irrelevant, other than they are a fact of history, but actually have no relevance of what is or isn't  going to happen on the pitch.

The manager's and my message to the players and staff is to ignore the negativity and focus on the job ahead, as that's all that matters - not statistics. 

Fortunately, you - the supporters - continue to get behind the team and lift them through thick and thin and I can assure you that everyone appreciates that show of support. 

I have no doubt that at the end of the season, we will all look back on the start and remember how everyone pulled together and we overcame the challenges in front of us.

It was extremely refreshing to see our new signing Karl Henry speaking so positively about the atmosphere around the club too following his arrival last week.

We are fortunate to have a squad players' who will not let their heads drop and as Karl said, he has seen a group who are determined to turn our fortunes around and like the manager and myself have been saying, one win could make all the difference, breed confidence and push us on to climb the table.

Over the last couple of away games we have seen many positives to take forward and heading into our next game at home against Sheffield Wednesday we must replicate that determination and passion once again.

With the benefit of another international break, it is imperative that we all pull together ahead of this fixture and hopefully come the full-time whistle in two weeks’ time we will be in a stronger position than we currently find ourselves.

The break itself meanwhile will give a number of injured players the opportunity to prepare themselves ahead of their respective returns to first team action, and that will be of a huge boost to everybody as we look to pick up points in the Sky Bet Championship.

The manager has given the players permission to go out together as a team later this week for a bonding session. I fully support this as I truly believe that they all need to have a break from the constant pressure they have all been under. They will be able to enjoy themselves and then relax for a few hours before getting back to the job ahead.
Kind regards,
Ken.

307Ken Anderson - update. - Page 16 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:21 am

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Anderson sounds rattled. So much so that he forgot to mention shirt and ticket sales. Missed a trick there Toadface.

308Ken Anderson - update. - Page 16 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:14 pm

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

If Wheater is organising the bonding session then they may not sober up until near the end of the international break.

309Ken Anderson - update. - Page 16 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:53 pm

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ken wrote: 
The manager has given the players permission to go out together as a team later this week for a bonding session. I fully support this as I truly believe that they all need to have a break from the constant pressure they have all been under. They will be able to enjoy themselves and then relax for a few hours before getting back to the job ahead.

It's this sort of utter bullshit that pisses me off.

Regardless of financial restrictions, there's no doubt the whole team have underperformed. So stop fucking hand-holding the players with "bonding sessions" and praise, and get the fuckwits out on the training pitch for 8 hours a day until they remember how to pass to a white shirt and kick the ball into that net thing.

The whole culture at BWFC is nuts, they seem determined to keep rewarding failure with praise. AND IT DOESN'T FUCKING WORK. Start handing out a few public bollockings and challenge the players to perform.

310Ken Anderson - update. - Page 16 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Mon Oct 02, 2017 3:19 pm

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

You can't upset the modern day footballer like that these days Nat, the poor lambs may down tools for stress related issues if anyone dare shout at them or God forbid actually make them work harder.

311Ken Anderson - update. - Page 16 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Mon Oct 02, 2017 3:26 pm

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Chapped lips are a bugger.

312Ken Anderson - update. - Page 16 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Mon Oct 02, 2017 4:02 pm

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:You can't upset the modern day footballer like that these days Nat, the poor lambs may down tools for stress related issues if anyone dare shout at them or God forbid actually make them work harder.

The players wouldn't dare, they'd be savaged by the fans and the press.

Parky himself would be under less pressure if he wasn't so praising of the players. By coming out after every game and saying he couldn't fault the effort, he makes himself look deluded.

313Ken Anderson - update. - Page 16 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Mon Oct 02, 2017 6:01 pm

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Norpig wrote:You can't upset the modern day footballer like that these days Nat, the poor lambs may down tools for stress related issues if anyone dare shout at them or God forbid actually make them work harder.

The players wouldn't dare, they'd be savaged by the fans and the press.

Parky himself would be under less pressure if he wasn't so praising of the players. By coming out after every game and saying he couldn't fault the effort, he makes himself look deluded.
Nat I think you know as well as I do that in this day and age a manager will almost never publicly criticise his players. Quotes to the press have little to no relationship with reality or his actual feelings. They're largely PR excercises designed to keep sponsors happy and only a total innocent would believe they represent any sort of reality as to what's actually going on behind the scenes. In fact at this moment in time I would say the only manager in all four divisions who is actually free to say what he wants is Roy Hodgson at Palace, he doesn't need to watch his words because it really cannot be any worse. Also to be fair to Phil the fact is we DID perform better this weekend and there ARE signs we're heading the right way. I know that's little consolation as things stand but I think with a full strength squad to choose from we may finally start seeing some positive results after the break. I'm not being a cockeyed optimist about this, there's a huge job to do and we'll need more than a 'happy clapper' soundbite or two to really convince me or anyone else that things have changed but there IS hope, however faint it may seem right now.

314Ken Anderson - update. - Page 16 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Mon Oct 02, 2017 6:15 pm

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

luckyPeterpiper wrote:Nat I think you know as well as I do that in this day and age a manager will almost never publicly criticise his players.

I agree, but my point is where has this got us in the last few years? What other business (and BWFC is a business) would continually praise underperforming employees?

This morning I went into the toilets to find someone had taken a dump in the sink. After a DNA analysis (there's a DNA lab on the floor above us) it was proven to have originated from Maureen in Accounts.

Now, did I stand up in the middle of the office and praise Maureen for taking a dump in the sink rather than the toilet 5 feet away? Of course not. Did I issue a press release to say the dumps at Whittam International were of superior quality? No I did not.

I fired her.

Take note Ken.

315Ken Anderson - update. - Page 16 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Mon Oct 02, 2017 6:36 pm

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Did you press Maureen regarding the reasons behind her taking a dump in the sink?

Perhaps it was a statement,or a cry for help.

I think you could have been a little more understanding.

Is Maureen related to AD by any chance?

316Ken Anderson - update. - Page 16 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:01 pm

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:Did you press Maureen regarding the reasons behind her taking a dump in the sink?

I'm not a bloody shrink, I watch Bolton every week and I don't shit in the sink. She has no excuse.

317Ken Anderson - update. - Page 16 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:44 pm

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
boltonbonce wrote:Did you press Maureen regarding the reasons behind her taking a dump in the sink?

I'm not a bloody shrink, I watch Bolton every week and I don't shit in the sink. She has no excuse.

Mauren has issues.

318Ken Anderson - update. - Page 16 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:55 pm

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

You need to clear your browsing history.

319Ken Anderson - update. - Page 16 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:15 pm

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Good god! We have a thread on fashionable stools and it's now spreading to other threads! Shocked

320Ken Anderson - update. - Page 16 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:25 pm

Speaking of shit.......

Ive just had an update from the bwfcst but for the first time ive actually replied.

Will i get a reply?

Will i balls.

Why?

Because i talked common sense which they seem to be unable to do.

Just as an example.....

Rich thai business man.

Wants to buy a football club.

There are two options.

Both are struggling in the second tier of english football.  So not much to differentiate.

Apart from....

Club a) he can buy straight away and inject money into in the hope of retaining champipnship status.

Club b) he has to wait 6 months by which time the damage will be done.

Hmmmmmm
Hmmmmmm

Choices choices

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 16 of 50]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 33 ... 50  Next

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum