Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ken Anderson - update.

+31
BoltonTillIDie
wanderlust
Wanderers for 45
y2johnny
Growler
luckyPeterpiper
Bollotom2014
Ten Bobsworth
Cajunboy
bryan458
Leeds_Trotter
finlaymcdanger
Soul Kitchen
Chairmanda
Bwfc1958
MartinBWFC
Kane57
Boggersbelief
terenceanne
Norpig
observer
Sluffy
karlypants
gloswhite
whatsgoingon
Fabians Right Peg
Natasha Whittam
King Bill
Bread2.0
boltonbonce
rammywhite
35 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 38 ... 50  Next

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Go down  Message [Page 26 of 50]

501Ken Anderson - update. - Page 26 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Thu Nov 23 2017, 08:31

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He keeps banging on about attendances, there is no way we will get 20,000+ this season. Football is supposed to be entertainment but we see precious little of that with Parky's no possession and hoofball and people won't pay however cheap it may be.

We do have a lot of fairweather fans at Bolton, it's as if KA doesn't understand that. Yes we got 23,000 for the last game last season but that's because we were on the verge of promotion, i'm pretty sure our attendances before that game would have been comparable to now. We just don't have a massive fanbase.

502Ken Anderson - update. - Page 26 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Thu Nov 23 2017, 11:06

Growler

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

13,000 against Reading while in the bottom 3 of the "Second Division" on a   Tuesday night in November is historically very good for Bolton. The sooner Ken buys a history book and studies the clubs crowds the better for him, there is absolutely no chance of Bolton getting 20,000 crowds with this standard of team.
Back in 1983 we had a huge relegation battle against Chelsea in May with under 10,000 on, this is Bolton, you haven't bought a big city club with a massive fan base Ken! That's one of the reasons  why the club was so cheap!
A cynic might think that Ken is going to use crowds as a reason  not to spend any money in January.He'll probably poop himself if 27,000 turn up against Barnsley now he's hinted that transfer funds are dependent on crowds!
And the 8 o'clock kick off time is terrible for families, many parents won't take young children to matches that end getting on for 10pm with school in the morning.Start the evening matches at 7.30 if you want more young families there.

503Ken Anderson - update. - Page 26 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Thu Nov 23 2017, 14:30

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

If we had got another 10k fans paying adult prices it would have brought in £150k gate revenue which is   enough for the wages of a league 1 quality player - or perhaps even a loanee from the Premiership for 6 months. I just hope that Anderson's business plan is based on getting unrealistic gates and shirt sales or we'll be in trouble again when January comes around.

504Ken Anderson - update. - Page 26 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Fri Nov 24 2017, 14:32

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Saturday’s game against Wolves will arguably be our toughest test of the campaign but one which we are all looking forward to.
They are riding high, playing consistently well and look dangerous, especially with that victory against Leeds United in midweek. They are on an unbeaten run of four games and have won seven of their last eight matches.
However, we have every intention of extending our own seven-game unbeaten run into an eighth game at Molineux and continuing the form that will hopefully take us out of the bottom three sooner rather than later.
I noted earlier in the week a story online which highlighted the spending of Championship clubs over the past five seasons, which has risen considerably high.
In 2013, the figure for the division as a whole was £36.7m while 2016 saw teams in our division spend a total of £242m. The figures are mind boggling and I have to wonder if they are sustainable.
That said, if you look at our opponents on Saturday, they spent £19,840,000 this summer on players and it is no coincidence that they up there at the top of the tree having reached 41 points in a very quick time.
A common theme from Tuesday evening’s Q&A session was about investment into the club which would take us onto the next level.
As you may be aware, I have been involved in a number of sales and acquisitions of football clubs in the past and a key aspect that investors look at is the infrastructure of the club; its stadium, commercial inventory, hospitality facilities, training ground etc.
The infrastructure at Macron Stadium is of a high Premier League standard and is one of the main reasons that attracted me and attracts interest from others to this club.
Compared to some of our peers, this is one area in which we are particularly strong and we have many visitors to the stadium who are blown away by what we have to offer.
However, investors and sponsors will consider the attendances figures and the stronger the support the more attractive any club will look when potentially considering making a significant long term investment.
It wasn’t that long ago when we were on a par and competing with the likes of Derby, Wolves and Leeds in terms of crowd numbers, and if we are to aspire to be at that level again we need our gates to increase to the levels the club experienced in the not too distant past. 
Concerts and prominent events at the stadium also play a major part in attracting investment. Events of this nature really put us back on the map as a multipurpose venue and I hope to be making further announcements about this shortly.
We have a fantastically loyal, hard core of supporters who turn up week in week out – and we are eternally grateful and appreciative of their passion - but as a football club we really need the town of Bolton and surrounding areas to come out in force and get behind their team. 
Like I have said on many occasions, not only will the extra numbers assist the team as they take on the opposition, but the additional revenue will be reinvested back into the football club to support the manager in the recruitment of quality players.
You all have an important role to play here and I sincerely hope you will all do your utmost to help us get back up there by supporting the club through thick and thin.
With the help of some loyal local suppliers and partners, we have recently renovated the first two of our executive boxes and they look exceptional and reflect the modern theme now being rolled out throughout the stadium and hotel, with other boxes following suit over the coming weeks.
They will be used for our matchday sponsorship packages and we will be announcing some further details next week. In the meantime, the Bolton Wanderers Sales Team can be contacted on 01204 673761 if you would like to discuss any of our hospitality or sponsorship packages.
I urge you to come along and view them as soon as possible as like all good things in life when they are gone, they are gone, so be first to get your name down and reserve your place.
The Festive Bundle and Half Season Tickets are now on sale and are a cost-effective way of showing your support for the manager and players as we head into a crucial phase of the season against some quality opposition. Please click here for more details on all our ticket offers.
Finally, with Christmas coming up we have a special Black Friday offer on at Bolton Central. If you spend over £50 on merchandise they will offer you free postage (UK only).
With the home shirts back in stock and a whole range of festive items, now is the ideal time to order your Christmas presents. Click here to browse our Christmas Store.
Kind regards,
Ken

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Could it be that people won't part with cash because of the turgid shite dished up by Parkinson?

505Ken Anderson - update. - Page 26 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Fri Nov 24 2017, 15:06

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He sounds desperate now and we have never been on a par attend wise with Leeds, Wolves and Derby

506Ken Anderson - update. - Page 26 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Fri Nov 24 2017, 15:25

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Norpig wrote:He sounds desperate now and we have never been on a par attend wise as Leeds, Wolves and Derby

He is, I agree - he's losing money no doubt.

I think maybe when we were getting capacity whilst in the Premier League and Wolves and Derby had gone down we might have had better crowds for a while but hard to imagine we had more than Leeds on a frequent basis.

507Ken Anderson - update. - Page 26 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Fri Nov 24 2017, 15:46

Growler

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Having a go at potential customers for not buying your products...only in football!
And the training ground isn't something positive about our infrastructure because we sold it to Wigan.I think we now just have the former kids training facilities at Lostock
At least looking for concerts is a positive money making idea

508Ken Anderson - update. - Page 26 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Fri Nov 24 2017, 15:55

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It's starting to look like Anderson's plan necessitates higher attendances than are realistic and his increasingly desperate appeals for fans money imply there aren't sufficient funds for the forthcoming transfer window. 
It's true we have nice ground that he picked up on the cheap but that in itself isn't the focus of the experience of attending a football match. FYI Ken it's the footie.
I'm wondering why he thinks that to say that we will be strengthening the squad could possibly be predicated on higher home attendances than we usually get? 
That would be grossly incompetent.
Maybe with the prospect of him having to use his own money (he won't) makes him feel the need to create this narrative i.e. it will be the fans fault if we can't afford to reinforce or replace the loan players whose loan spell expires?

509Ken Anderson - update. - Page 26 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Fri Nov 24 2017, 18:08

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I still can't fathom how this club isn't sold. The whole shebang is just pocket change to some people. Just one of those things I suppose.

510Ken Anderson - update. - Page 26 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Sat Nov 25 2017, 12:58

y2johnny

y2johnny
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

There is one offer still on the table but apparently it is very complicated.

511Ken Anderson - update. - Page 26 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Sat Nov 25 2017, 13:37

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Gray Gnomes wrote:There is one offer still on the table but apparently it is very complicated.

Hello and welcome mate.

Interesting development.

Thanks for informing us, is there anything more you can share with us?

512Ken Anderson - update. - Page 26 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Sun Nov 26 2017, 11:17

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

I am sure like me many of you are very disappointed in yesterday’s result at Molineux and like me are struggling to come to terms with it. All l can think of at this moment is it’s probably a case of the least said about the performance the better.
As the manager has already said the goals conceded were soft and at times compounded further by poor defending, albeit against a very good team who have spent big but wisely. Like Phil, I think Wolves will be there or thereabouts at the end of the season
I am sure that the players will be hurting and very disappointed with this result particularly after all the hard work that they have put in recently. They also know that they have not only let themselves down but they have let you, the fans, down as well.
That said, we must not linger on excuses or explanations and must put this result behind us, dust ourselves down and get back on the training ground on Monday and ensure the performance during this Saturday’s game against Barnsley is much better.
Having now lost our recent unbeaten run of seven games, all of the players need to take a long and hard look at the performance and get back to the hard work on the training ground, and bring that to Saturday’s game to ensure that we achieve an immediate return to winning ways .
It is always easy to criticise after a performance like yesterday’s and say maybe we should have done this or that, but that won’t change the result.
That said it does create the opportunity to reassess everything and give consideration to thinking about bringing some of the players who have been on the periphery and knocking on the door back into the equation.
It is always difficult to change an unbeaten team and it is often right that we repay the players’ efforts and performances by fielding an unchanged team, but I am sure that Phil and his team will reflect on yesterday’s game and give a great deal of thought this week about the team selection and make the right decisions.
As l said above, we - and by this l mean the players and all of us supporters - must not dwell on the result, as that won’t achieve anything; everyone needs to put it behind them and move on to the next game and winning ways.
I hope to see as many of you as possible back at Macron Stadium for Saturday’s game against Barnsley.
As always let’s be loud and let’s be proud and let’s get behind the boys!
Kind regards,
Ken

513Ken Anderson - update. - Page 26 Empty Fin's post in wrong thread rescue Sun Nov 26 2017, 19:08

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

The rift between Chairman and Managers starts here and so will a decline in form. Start with this nonsense and we've no chance of getting out of relegation.

I think Anderson is getting desperate and that a manager change is all he can muster up in hopes that something changes on the pitch. We have nothing else available to us change our fortunes.

Our purple patch is over and we're still bottom.

514Ken Anderson - update. - Page 26 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Mon Nov 27 2017, 20:04

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

I am delighted to be able to let you know that Macron Stadium will once again be staging a concert.
Little Mix will be performing here at the ground on Saturday 14 July as part of their Summer Hits tour – and it marks our return as a leading concert venue in the North West.
I’d like to thank Suzanne Speak and her team in the hotel, and to everybody at the club for all their hard work in making this happen.
Concerts are a very valuable revenue stream going forward for the business and it’s fantastic that we are now back on the map in this regard.
We are also working hard to secure more events in the future and we’ll keep you posted on this.
Tickets will be going on sale this coming Thursday 30 November at 9.30am and will be available from [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to matters on the field meanwhile, I hope to see as many of you as possible back down at Macron Stadium for our game against Barnsley on Saturday.
Your support truly is imperative to our success this season and you have proven on many occasions just how influential you can all be with your backing.
It truly does make the world of difference and you can be the twelfth man this weekend for a hugely important game.
It is crucial that you get behind the team in your numbers – ultimately, our games throughout December could prove key in terms of giving us a realistic chance of climbing up the league standings and starting another unbeaten run on Saturday could be the catalyst for just that as we bid to retain our Sky Bet Championship status come May.
The perfect example of what an intimidating and vociferous atmosphere can do for a team was evident at Molineux on Saturday, as it was in our games against Sheffield United and Bradford City last season.
At the weekend, the home fans roared Wolves onto victory and that is the kind of cauldron of noise we need to achieve to help support the team.
Elsewhere, I will personally be visiting the club’s hospitality suites to answer your questions prior to the Barnsley game, with places in our award-winning matchday hospitality still available from just £70 per person.
Having met a number of you prior to the Reading game in Reflections Restaurant, I am very much looking forward to getting the chance to speak with more of you this weekend and answer any questions that you may have about your football club.
To book, please call 01204 673761, email [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] or buy online HERE.
This week also marks the last opportunity for fans to purchase our special Festive Bundle and watch our three home games in December against Barnsley, Burton Albion and Cardiff City for just £65 for adults, £50 for Under-23s and Over-65s and finally £20 for Under-18s.
We understand that December can be an expensive month for families in the run-up to Christmas, so I hope that this offer will allow supporters who would otherwise struggle to attend at this time of year the opportunity to do just that.
Half season tickets are now on sale too, with details of such available by CLICKING HERE.
All tickets can be purchased directly from Bolton Central, by visiting our online ticket portal at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] or calling 0844 871 2932.
Next Monday meanwhile will see a number of events taking place at Macron Stadium, with the club’s annual Carol Service being held in the Premier Suite from 7pm onwards, tickets for which cost just £1 and can be purchased from our retail outlet.
There will also be a number of first team players in attendance prior to the service itself for a signing session in Bolton Central – details of which will be announced on our social media outlets and website this week.
Your support of the football club in many different ways however is wholly appreciated and will ultimately play its part in helping the players out there on the field.
Kind regards,
Ken

515Ken Anderson - update. - Page 26 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Tue Nov 28 2017, 20:31

Wanderers for 45

Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

Fuck off Ken, vociferous support,we try and get behind the lads as much. We were still going after 11 hours of not scoring. 11 matches 2 points you Twat. Going Millwall,Birmingham,Aston Villa,Preston,Sunderland the only matches away we missed was my mate in hospital and my holidays.
Season Ticket holders what more can we do.

516Ken Anderson - update. - Page 26 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Fri Dec 01 2017, 15:34

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Everybody here at Bolton Wanderers is heading into this weekend's Sky Bet Championship encounter with Barnsley with renewed vigour and determination after last Saturday's defeat at Molineux.
Like myself, I am sure the overriding feeling following our last game against Wolves was one of abject disappointment, but now that a little time has passed, with the opportunity to reflect and review, everybody has to move forward and put that result to bed.
As the manager said following the final whistle, Wolves are a side who will certainly be there or thereabouts come the end of the campaign and I am sure there will be plenty more teams who will fall to defeat against them this term.
After a result like that in football however, it is imperative to bounce back as quickly as possible and having spoken with Phil Parkinson, I know that the hours and hard work put in by the players on the training ground since that match is proof of their determination to do just that and the spirit, camaraderie and belief of the players is palpable when you visit our Lostock base.
Prior to last Saturday, we were seven games unbeaten in the Sky Bet Championship – a statistic which, given our start to the campaign, was incredibly pleasing.
Also, in our last nine matches, we have added 11 points to our tally, followed by Birmingham City (eight), Sunderland (seven) and Burton Albion (five) – I would like to thank The Bolton News’ Marc Iles for bringing that fact to my attention.
These results have been brought about by concentration, focus and application and the never-say-die attitude of the entire squad. If we can continue along these lines, we will start to climb out of the relegation zone as the season continues.
It is down to the players now however to dust themselves off and restore the pride that you have all felt whilst leaving our games in recent weeks.
Success is something that comes when everybody works in tandem and that is never truer than in football. It also breed confidence and that is what we need to focus on again.
When everybody is singing from the same hymn sheet and the belief is there across the board, anything is possible.
Your support truly is imperative to our success this season as it was at crucial times in 2016/17 and you have proven on many occasions just how influential you can all be with your vociferous backing from the start and throughout our games.
It truly does make the world of difference and you can be the twelfth man this Saturday for a hugely important game with your vociferous support.
It really is crucial that you get behind the team in your numbers – ultimately, our games throughout December could prove key in terms of giving us a realistic chance of climbing up the league standings and starting another unbeaten run this weekend could be the catalyst for just that as we bid to retain our Sky Bet Championship status come May.
Off the field, we were delighted earlier this week to confirm that Little Mix will be performing here at Macron Stadium on Saturday 14 July as part of their Summer Hits tour, thus marking our return as a leading concert venue in the North West.
I’d like to thank everybody at the club for all their hard work in making this happen, with us having experienced unprecedented demand for tickets.
A limited number are still on sale via various outlets, confirmation of which can be found at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] but I would encourage you all to act quickly to avoid disappointment.
We also have some of our fantastic hospitality packages available for the concert, details of which can be found here.
Concerts are a very valuable revenue stream going forward for the business and it’s fantastic that we are now back on the map in this regard. We are also working hard to secure more events in the future and we will keep you posted on this.
I truly believe that if everyone in and around the town comes along and supports the club and hotel events, then we will slowly, but surely, get back to where this great club once was and will be a force to be reckoned with once again, not forgetting the help it gives in returning us to a financially sustainable basis.
This coming Monday meanwhile, there will see a number of events taking place at Macron Stadium, with the club’s annual Carol Service being held in the Premier Suite from 7pm onwards, tickets for which cost just £1 and can be purchased from our retail outlet.
There will also be a number of first team players in attendance prior to the service itself for a signing session in Bolton Central – details of which are available on our website and social media outlets.
Your support of the football club in many different ways however is wholly appreciated and will ultimately play its part in helping the players out there on the field.
As always, let’s be loud, let’s be proud and let’s get behind the team this weekend.
Kind regards,
Ken

517Ken Anderson - update. - Page 26 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Fri Dec 01 2017, 15:39

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

So put all that drivel into context and we have another come and pay your hard earned money to watch mind numbing hoofball, fuck off Ken.

518Ken Anderson - update. - Page 26 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Fri Dec 01 2017, 15:47

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I was hoping that following the demonstration of the gulf in class at Wolves, Anderson was going to announce that he'd finally decided to put his hand in his pocket and produce 20 or 30 million to boost the squad.

...and then I woke up.

519Ken Anderson - update. - Page 26 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Mon Dec 04 2017, 17:11

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The elation derived from the performance and manner of our victory against Barnsley was only surpassed by the news at full-time that the three points had lifted us out of the relegation zone for the first time since August.

Granted, tonight's contest between Birmingham City and Wolves may alter that for the time being, but there is a genuine belief amongst the players, staff and supporters that we have got what is necessary to climb the table and allay the fears of relegation.

On Saturday we saw a never-say-die spirit from the players who didn't let their heads go down when Barnsley equalised. After gaining a two-goal cushion, we saw resilience from the team who defended as a unit to ensure the three points were staying on home soil. We also saw flair and finesse, especially from Mark Little whose goal was wonderful.

Slowly but surely, we are narrowing the gap between us and the other teams in the bottom half of the table and bringing them in to the equation.

We have now only lost one out of our previous nine matches and are five games unbeaten at Macron Stadium.

Our home form will be the key to our progress in the league and it is that very reason why we need as many supporters as we can to attend our remaining games.

As I said, we are five games unbeaten on our own patch and we need to turn Macron Stadium back into the fortress it became last season.

This is where every Wanderers fan can play their part. Bring your friends, family and colleagues along with you and if we can aspire to reach the 20,000 plus crowds we experienced last season, I have no doubt that we will climb the table and retain our Championship status.

The extra noise right from the kick off and throughout the game, whether we are winning, drawing or are behind, will lift the team and inspire them. We need to intimidate our opponents throughout and remind them that they are in the midst of an intense battle.

Following on from my Q&A with supporters in the hotel prior to the Reading game, I had the pleasure of visiting our hospitality suites prior to kick off on Saturday to chat with our fans there.

I plan to make dialogue with all our fans a regular occurrence as it completely reaffirms my belief that the people of Bolton have so much passion and love for their club.

l found the questions about investment to be pertinent and totally relevant to where the club is today and I fully understand and appreciate the concerns and aspirations of everyone.

I can also totally relate to the questions about the transfer window and hope that l was able to give some guidance on where we are and what we are trying to achieve, but as l said and will keep repeating that if only the missing supporters from last season were to return for the final 13 home games, this would give us a far greater chance of bringing in some more players to strengthen the squad in January as the potential additional revenue to the club could be in the region of circa £3million.
Can you imagine what clout that would give us in the forthcoming window?

That's just how important it is to get everyone back at Macron Stadium.

Our [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] of the campaign and are available to buy right up until kick off on New Year's Day.

If you are able to, now is the time to buy your season ticket and reaffirm your support for the crucial run-in. By joining all our other season ticket holders, you will be making a great saving compared to buying tickets on a match-by-match basis and you will also be committing your support for the team. 

Our popular away shirts are now back in stock just in time for Christmas and we expect them to sell very quickly.

Make sure you order one today by visiting [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. Whilst you are there, why not take a browse across our entire range of merchandise which will make ideal festive gifts.

Our names go into the hat tonight for the Emirates FA Cup Third Round draw, and I'm sure many of you have your thoughts as to whom you would like us to play against.

Whoever we draw, and whether it is home or away, we will be doing our utmost to go as far as we can in the competition. The FA Cup is a very special tournament for the club given our history in it.

On Saturday, we travel to Nottingham Forest where I am confident our good form will continue and I hope as many of you as possible are able to travel to the City Ground to get behind the boys.

Finally, I'm delighted to be able to announce that Bolton Whites Hotel have secured a lucrative contract with a Chinese based language training school.

The deal represents a major coup for the business and is a long term arrangement that is likely to grow even bigger. It will bring in a seven-figure sum to the business.

Representatives from the Hotel flew out to the Far East last week, at very short notice, and took part in some challenging negotiations to complete the deal.

This is a really exciting opportunity and the team have built a great relationship with the school. I'm really looking forward to welcoming our guests in 2018.

More details about this will be announced in due course.

Please continue to support all the events that the hotel hosts including the Aladdin pantomime which gets underway very soon. Starring Bolton's very own Stu Francis, the panto will be a great opportunity to treat your family over Christmas while tickets [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Let's be loud, let's be proud and let's get behind the boys.

Kind regards,
Ken

520Ken Anderson - update. - Page 26 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Mon Dec 04 2017, 18:51

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

It's getting fucking boring now, no need to do one of these twice a week, Ken we're not getting 20.000 while the football on offer is so shit.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 26 of 50]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 38 ... 50  Next

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum