Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ken Anderson - update.

+31
BoltonTillIDie
wanderlust
Wanderers for 45
y2johnny
Growler
luckyPeterpiper
Bollotom2014
Ten Bobsworth
Cajunboy
bryan458
Leeds_Trotter
finlaymcdanger
Soul Kitchen
Chairmanda
Bwfc1958
MartinBWFC
Kane57
Boggersbelief
terenceanne
Norpig
observer
Sluffy
karlypants
gloswhite
whatsgoingon
Fabians Right Peg
Natasha Whittam
King Bill
Bread2.0
boltonbonce
rammywhite
35 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39 ... 44 ... 50  Next

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Go down  Message [Page 38 of 50]

741Ken Anderson - update. - Page 38 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Sun Apr 22 2018, 14:04

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Embarrassing. If now isn't the time to point the finger, when is?

If we pointed the finger, sacked the manager, we might have a chance of avoiding another shitfest.

742Ken Anderson - update. - Page 38 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Sun Apr 22 2018, 14:29

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

There will be plenty of time at the end of the season to look back and see what we can do better next season.

That does sound promising, hopefully inferring it's fuck off Parkinson thank's for your time.

743Ken Anderson - update. - Page 38 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Sun Apr 22 2018, 15:17

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

No , Parky is staying, he's cheap.

Ken is hoping to get Madine on loan, or to sign Peter Crouch.

744Ken Anderson - update. - Page 38 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Sun Apr 22 2018, 18:16

Question is, who could do a better job under these circumstances?

745Ken Anderson - update. - Page 38 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Sun Apr 22 2018, 18:27

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

T.R.O.Y wrote:Question is, who could do a better job under these circumstances?
So you're saying that only Parkinson can get a tune out of this squad? well newsflash he's getting jack shit out of this squad.

He's had three goes at managing at this level and failed miserably at all three, so let's blame the players hey.

So to question who could do better under the circumstances is futile as it's clear most managers could.

746Ken Anderson - update. - Page 38 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Sun Apr 22 2018, 18:33

That’s not the question, I’m asking Martin. 

I’m just wondering who you expect to come in willing to work with no money and able to get more out of this squad than Parkinson has so far. I’d argue he’s got this team near enough to their expected level. I think he’s probably gone as far as he can, I’d be willing to keep him on. But as the atmosphere from the fans is so poisonous it’s better he leaves. So who should come in?

747Ken Anderson - update. - Page 38 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Sun Apr 22 2018, 18:44

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

As always the fans will only give a grave period to a former player. I can see a lot of people suggesting Kevin Nolan on twitter.

No money, no academy to draw from, awful infrastructure and ownership. Parkinson has done about as good as can be expected.

748Ken Anderson - update. - Page 38 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Sun Apr 22 2018, 19:01

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

MartinBWFC wrote:
So you're saying that only Parkinson can get a tune out of this squad? well newsflash he's getting jack shit out of this squad.

He's had three goes at managing at this level and failed miserably at all three, so let's blame the players hey.

So to question who could do better under the circumstances is futile as it's clear most managers could.
I don’t know why you bother replying to him.

He gets a kick out of being an argumentative cock. Smile

749Ken Anderson - update. - Page 38 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Sun Apr 22 2018, 19:01

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Hipster_Nebula wrote:As always the fans will only give a grave period to a former player. I can see a lot of people suggesting Kevin Nolan on twitter.

No money, no academy to draw from, awful infrastructure and ownership. Parkinson has done about as good as can be expected.
I'd be behind a move for Nolan, and to answer T.R.O.Ys question here's a manager who could unite the club, and the fans will give him time to get it right, not saying he will bring success overnight but with the academy kids to nurture and a few good signings I think he'd have us mid table next season.

750Ken Anderson - update. - Page 38 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Sun Apr 22 2018, 19:10

He’d certainly bring a ‘feelgood’ factor. As did Lennon being a name most had heard of. 

The only way to make the good feeling last is through success. And a good season with Notts County far from secures that.

Let’s not forget, Nolan was far from a fans favourite towards the end with us. Not difficult to imagine him getting similar abuse to Parkinson is now.

751Ken Anderson - update. - Page 38 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Sun Apr 22 2018, 19:12

karlypants wrote:
MartinBWFC wrote:

So anybody suggesting a line other than, ‘Parkinson should be sacked ASAP’ is an ‘argumentative cock Smile‘?

This shutting down of debate is what’s cost the forum half its posters, I’d suggest you wind that attitude in Karlypants.

752Ken Anderson - update. - Page 38 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Sun Apr 22 2018, 19:13

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

T.R.O.Y wrote:
karlypants wrote:
MartinBWFC wrote:

So anybody suggesting a line other than, ‘Parkinson should be sacked ASAP’ is an ‘argumentative cock Smile‘?

This shutting down of debate is what’s cost the forum half its posters, I’d suggest you wind that attitude in Karlypants.
You are a prick mate but I will say no more now for the sake of others.

753Ken Anderson - update. - Page 38 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Sun Apr 22 2018, 19:20

Because other posters can't handle reading your harsh words? Feel free to message me, can't wait to read it.

754Ken Anderson - update. - Page 38 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Sun Apr 22 2018, 19:23

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

No, the question is, who could do any worse?

755Ken Anderson - update. - Page 38 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Sun Apr 22 2018, 19:24

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Answer is not many.

756Ken Anderson - update. - Page 38 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Sun Apr 22 2018, 19:29

Natasha Whittam wrote:

Getting out of League one was far from a given, I'm sure if we looked back at your comments at the beginning of 16/17 you'd back that up. 

My point being, we could easily be languishing in mid table league one having the same argument about our third manager since PP came in. Plenty could have done a worse job.

Is he the man to take us forward? Probably not. Could many get us further than relegation scrappers, I really doubt it.

757Ken Anderson - update. - Page 38 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Sun Apr 22 2018, 19:40

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Obviously I mean grace period not grave. Don't think the fans would bury Nolan just yet.

758Ken Anderson - update. - Page 38 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Sun Apr 22 2018, 19:49

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Obviously I mean grace period not grave. Don't think the fans would bury Nolan just yet.

Give him a month in the hot seat.

759Ken Anderson - update. - Page 38 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Sun Apr 22 2018, 19:50

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

T.R.O.Y wrote:Getting out of League one was far from a given, I'm sure if we looked back at your comments at the beginning of 16/17 you'd back that up. 

My point being, we could easily be languishing in mid table league one having the same argument about our third manager since PP came in. Plenty could have done a worse job.

Is he the man to take us forward? Probably not. Could many get us further than relegation scrappers, I really doubt it.

League 1 is what he knows, and that's probably his level.

He has undoubtedly had to operate on a budget, but too many of his signings have been poor. How many of his signings since we gained promotion can you say have done well? Karl Henry definitely, but the rest have been underwhelming at best.

But money aside, some of his team selections and tactics have been baffling. Lumping it to Le Fondre? Lumping it to Ameobi? Yes, he lost his target man to Cardiff, but a manager has to adapt, and Parky has failed miserably. The continued selection of Buckley and Beevers despite both being terrible...I don't get it.

An average team with little quality can go a long way on commitment with a tactically astute manager at the helm. We have neither.

760Ken Anderson - update. - Page 38 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Sun Apr 22 2018, 19:58

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:
An average team with little quality can go a long way on commitment with a tactically astute manager at the helm. We have neither.
For proof of that look no further than Millwall.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 38 of 50]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39 ... 44 ... 50  Next

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum