Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ken Anderson - update.

+31
BoltonTillIDie
wanderlust
Wanderers for 45
y2johnny
Growler
luckyPeterpiper
Bollotom2014
Ten Bobsworth
Cajunboy
bryan458
Leeds_Trotter
finlaymcdanger
Soul Kitchen
Chairmanda
Bwfc1958
MartinBWFC
Kane57
Boggersbelief
terenceanne
Norpig
observer
Sluffy
karlypants
gloswhite
whatsgoingon
Fabians Right Peg
Natasha Whittam
King Bill
Bread2.0
boltonbonce
rammywhite
35 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40 ... 44 ... 50  Next

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Go down  Message [Page 39 of 50]

761Ken Anderson - update. - Page 39 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Sun Apr 22 2018, 20:09

Natasha Whittam wrote:
T.R.O.Y wrote:Getting out of League one was far from a given, I'm sure if we looked back at your comments at the beginning of 16/17 you'd back that up. 

My point being, we could easily be languishing in mid table league one having the same argument about our third manager since PP came in. Plenty could have done a worse job.

Is he the man to take us forward? Probably not. Could many get us further than relegation scrappers, I really doubt it.

League 1 is what he knows, and that's probably his level.

He has undoubtedly had to operate on a budget, but too many of his signings have been poor. How many of his signings since we gained promotion can you say have done well? Karl Henry definitely, but the rest have been underwhelming at best.

But money aside, some of his team selections and tactics have been baffling. Lumping it to Le Fondre? Lumping it to Ameobi? Yes, he lost his target man to Cardiff, but a manager has to adapt, and Parky has failed miserably. The continued selection of Buckley and Beevers despite both being terrible...I don't get it.

An average team with little quality can go a long way on commitment with a tactically astute manager at the helm. We have neither.

Agree with most of that Nat. 

But realistically, do you think this squads any better than bottom 4? 

The lack of quality is frightening, and as mentioned previously you (largely) get what you pay for in football. No money to spend and such a tight wage cap is going to limit what you can do with a team.

Martin, if you want an example of the advantage Millwall have over us look at them beating us to James Meredith - wage cap in action.

762Ken Anderson - update. - Page 39 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Sun Apr 22 2018, 20:17

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sack Parkinson and bring in Nolan?

Fuck sake

763Ken Anderson - update. - Page 39 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Sun Apr 22 2018, 20:21

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Boggersbelief wrote:Sack Parkinson and bring in Nolan?

Fuck sake
When it comes to football matters you'd be the last poster I'd be listening to.

764Ken Anderson - update. - Page 39 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Sun Apr 22 2018, 20:23

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

T.R.O.Y wrote:
Martin, if you want an example of the advantage Millwall have over us look at them beating us to James Meredith - wage cap in action.
So is Meredith the reason Millwall are chasing play offs, and we are scrapping at the bottom?

765Ken Anderson - update. - Page 39 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Sun Apr 22 2018, 20:28

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

T.R.O.Y wrote:But realistically, do you think this squads any better than bottom 4? 

The lack of quality is frightening, and as mentioned previously you (largely) get what you pay for in football. No money to spend and such a tight wage cap is going to limit what you can do with a team.

This squad is definitely bottom 6, and maybe even bottom 4, but there's no doubt they have underperformed for large parts of the season. Add into the mix some questionable tactics and team selection from the manager.

I just feel a manager with a bit more nous would have kept us up comfortably.

766Ken Anderson - update. - Page 39 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Sun Apr 22 2018, 20:32

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'd love our next boss to be an experienced Championship manager, but the truth is it's unlikely Bolton would be a good prospect for anyone in that category unless they'd been out of the game for ages i.e. Billy Davies.

Therefore, our next manager should be someone from the lower leagues with a recent history of success, and someone who would see Bolton as a step up. There are plenty of good managers in Leagues 1 & 2 working minor miracles on a nothing budget. Time to give someone a chance.

767Ken Anderson - update. - Page 39 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Sun Apr 22 2018, 20:43

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:

Therefore, our next manager should be someone from the lower leagues with a recent history of success, and someone who would see Bolton as a step up. There are plenty of good managers in Leagues 1 & 2 working minor miracles on a nothing budget. Time to give someone a chance.
I've said before those brothers at Lincoln would be a good bet, Nolan would be a huge improvement on Parkinson, Jones at Luton all better managers than Parkinson in my eyes.

768Ken Anderson - update. - Page 39 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Sun Apr 22 2018, 20:49

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Mark Robins is someone I'd look at.

769Ken Anderson - update. - Page 39 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Sun Apr 22 2018, 20:50

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Mark Robins is someone I'd look at.
Keep your sexual fantasies away from a football thread.

770Ken Anderson - update. - Page 39 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Sun Apr 22 2018, 20:54

MartinBWFC wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:

I've said before those brothers at Lincoln would be a good bet, Nolan would be a huge improvement on Parkinson, Jones at Luton all better managers than Parkinson in my eyes.

All valid suggestions, and ones I’d like us to look at. But whether they’d do a better job than Parkinson you’ve no idea.

771Ken Anderson - update. - Page 39 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Sun Apr 22 2018, 21:47

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

MartinBWFC wrote:

Fuck sake

Cock

772Ken Anderson - update. - Page 39 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Sun Apr 22 2018, 23:19

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Boggersbelief wrote:
MartinBWFC wrote:

Fuck sake

Cock
No thank's

773Ken Anderson - update. - Page 39 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Sun Apr 22 2018, 23:33

Bolton Rebirth

Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

I’m happy to keep Parky personally but playing devil’s advocate what would people think the chances are of prising Clough Jr from Burton and would you be happy with it?

774Ken Anderson - update. - Page 39 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Mon Apr 23 2018, 11:26

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I like Clough Jnr,but,for me,he'll never be anything but a League 1 manager.

775Ken Anderson - update. - Page 39 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Mon Apr 23 2018, 11:46

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Bolton Rebirth wrote:I’m happy to keep Parky personally but playing devil’s advocate what would people think the chances are of prising Clough Jr from Burton and would you be happy with it
Happy to keep Parkinson? firstly, why? secondly you name one manager, there must be dozens out there that are better than Parkinson, but if you're happy to put up with dross on a weekly basis then carry on.

776Ken Anderson - update. - Page 39 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Mon Apr 23 2018, 11:57

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I don't believe anyone who pays to watch Bolton can say they are happy with Parky. The football is soul destroying.

777Ken Anderson - update. - Page 39 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Mon Apr 23 2018, 12:09

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Mark Robins would make this team solid.

Used to dealing with the worst possible circumstance at Coventry and still has them able to compete.

778Ken Anderson - update. - Page 39 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Mon Apr 23 2018, 12:19

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:I don't believe anyone who pays to watch Bolton can say they are happy with Parky. The football is soul destroying.

i agree with Nat on this one

779Ken Anderson - update. - Page 39 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Mon Apr 23 2018, 20:18

Bolton Rebirth

Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

The football is crap, we’re in complete agreement on that. But are we really in a position to be demanding a certain type of football? I am happy with him because on his first season we were promoted and if we survive this season I’d say that’s two seasons where it’s job done. If we stay up and are in the same situation a year on would I say the same? Probably not. If we do survive though Ken needs to find funds from somewhere or it will be this again and again.

780Ken Anderson - update. - Page 39 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Mon Apr 23 2018, 20:24

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bolton Rebirth wrote:The football is crap, we’re in complete agreement on that. But are we really in a position to be demanding a certain type of football?

Yes, because the current type of football is rarely successful.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 39 of 50]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40 ... 44 ... 50  Next

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum