Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ken Anderson - update.

+31
BoltonTillIDie
wanderlust
Wanderers for 45
y2johnny
Growler
luckyPeterpiper
Bollotom2014
Ten Bobsworth
Cajunboy
bryan458
Leeds_Trotter
finlaymcdanger
Soul Kitchen
Chairmanda
Bwfc1958
MartinBWFC
Kane57
Boggersbelief
terenceanne
Norpig
observer
Sluffy
karlypants
gloswhite
whatsgoingon
Fabians Right Peg
Natasha Whittam
King Bill
Bread2.0
boltonbonce
rammywhite
35 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 38 ... 50  Next

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Go down  Message [Page 27 of 50]

521Ken Anderson - update. - Page 27 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Mon Dec 04 2017, 19:43

Growler

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

The average crowd has increased from 15,194 last season to 15,514 this season.And in any case it only needed 13,000 home fans to cheer enough to defeat Barnsley if Ken really thinks the crowd  makes the difference

522Ken Anderson - update. - Page 27 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Tue Dec 05 2017, 01:50

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

That has to be his best pitch yet. Outstanding.

523Ken Anderson - update. - Page 27 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Tue Dec 05 2017, 11:53

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Whilst it was entirely predictable that the owner wouldn't be investing any of his own money in the club, it is still something of a shock when he directly appeals to the fans to cough up an extra £3 million.

Also as predicted earlier in this thread, he has now handed over the moral responsibility for our January transfer budget to the fans - so if we don't sign anyone it's the fans' fault.

524Ken Anderson - update. - Page 27 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Tue Dec 05 2017, 12:18

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

wanderlust wrote:Whilst it was entirely predictable that the owner wouldn't be investing any of his own money in the club, it is still something of a shock when he directly appeals to the fans to cough up an extra £3 million.

Also as predicted earlier in this thread, he has now handed over the moral responsibility for our January transfer budget to the fans - so if we don't sign anyone it's the fans' fault.
He has organized his own Supporters Trust!

525Ken Anderson - update. - Page 27 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Tue Dec 05 2017, 14:12

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

observer wrote:
wanderlust wrote:Whilst it was entirely predictable that the owner wouldn't be investing any of his own money in the club, it is still something of a shock when he directly appeals to the fans to cough up an extra £3 million.

He has organized his own Supporters Trust!
Very Happy
....one that only does what he wants.

The irony is that if the fans do cough up £3 million they will still have no shares in the club whereas Anderson "bought" a controlling interest with the club's own assets. 

All fan contributions will maintain/enhance the value of the club which will go into Anderson's pocket when he sells up so effectively this is an appeal for  Ken's Retirement Annuity Pension Pot. Or KRAPP if you prefer....

526Ken Anderson - update. - Page 27 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Wed Dec 06 2017, 11:54

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I was extremely pleased to see three of our players Ben Alnwick, Mark Little and Sammy Ameobi named in the Championship Team of the Week for last weekend and I am sure that you will all agree with me when I say that they all thoroughly deserved their places.

Personally, l think there were several others who also deserved to be included - in particular Gary Madine - but as we all know, Gary battles away week in, week out without always getting the recognition that he deserves.

His time will come however, as l am sure it will for other members of the squad over the coming months, but for now let’s all be very pleased for those that were recognised last week as it was thoroughly deserved and l feel sure it is only the start of many more accolades to come.

Off the pitch, I have to say that the last few weeks have been some of the best and most enjoyable times for me at the club so far, as l have seen that all the hard work and efforts our staff have put in over the last 20 months starting to reap rewards and in turn, it is putting the club and Bolton Whites Hotel in a position to get back to where it once was.

Bringing Little Mix and The Killers concerts to Macron Stadium next summer is a major coup and just goes to show how far the club has come. Likewise, the hotel bringing in a seven figure contract as well just goes to show the progress that has been made and confirms that the confidence is returning in respect of the stability and future of both businesses generally.

As a result however the Ironman event hub – which is due to take place on the same weekend as the two concerts – will be moved from Macron Stadium to Queens Park. For more details on this, please visit The Bolton News’ website.
Please continue to support all the events that the club and hotel are hosting including the Aladdin pantomime which gets underway very soon.

Starring Bolton's very own Stu Francis, the panto will be a great opportunity to treat your family over Christmas while tickets can be [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].

I have been quoted on my recent comments meanwhile about getting our missing supporters back and what this would achieve and l really hope that everyone will take these comments on board and take advantage of our Half Season Ticket offer.

I would encourage you all to take advantage of this so that you can come along to Macron Stadium and get behind the team for the second half of the season as the players bid to ensure we retain our Championship status.

This offer expires at the end of the month however, so please act quickly to avoid missing out by phoning Bolton Central on 0844 871 2932, visiting [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] or popping in store in person.

Off the pitch, this week has also seen more development going on up at our Lostock training base with the unveiling of our new gym, paid for by Bolton Wanderers Development Association Lotteries – details of which can be [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - and also the arrival of our new Dome which will provide an alternative venue to train in for both our Academy youngsters and the Bolton Wanderers Community Trust.

The Dome itself was crucial to the Academy retaining its Category Two status and I would like to thank the BWDA for their financial and general support on this matter.

Their hard work and efforts have ultimately made all of this possible and it will reap benefits for both the football club and community for years to come.

Back to matters on the field, it was extremely pleasing to see us draw Premier League opposition in the form of Huddersfield Town in the FA Cup and the fact that it is a home game is a huge boost for us as we look to cause something of an upset.

I am very much looking forward to the game already and having listened to supporters’ comments regarding lowering our ticket prices, I have taken that on board and as a result, for a game against a top flight outfit, our prices will be £15 for adults and £5 for concessions across all areas of the ground.

On-sale dates for this game will be confirmed in due course.

I hope as many of you as possible will take advantage of this promotion and come along, get behind the team and help get us into the fourth round of this prestigious competition.

For the cup game, we will also be offering excellent rates for those wishing to take advantage of our award winning hospitality with places in the Platinum Suite just £60pp or £50 for members for a one-course meal, with our executive boxes available for just £650 for ten guests.

To take advantage of these offers, please contact our Sales Team on 01204 673 761.

Back to matters on the field meanwhile and we head down to Nottingham Forest this coming Saturday looking to build on our win over Barnsley which saw us rise out of the division’s bottom three.

Forest will certainly provide stern opposition, but we have been extremely unlucky in our past couple of away games not to pick up maximum points, Wolves aside, and I am confident that the first league victory on our travels will arrive sooner rather than later.

And with your superb backing which you showed in spades against Barnsley, there is no reason why that cannot happen this weekend.

Let’s be loud, let’s be proud and let’s get behind the team.

Kind regards,
Ken

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

527Ken Anderson - update. - Page 27 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Wed Dec 06 2017, 16:05

Growler

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Hopefully the major coup of the two concerts and the seven figure hotel contract will be reflected in the January transfer window..

528Ken Anderson - update. - Page 27 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Wed Dec 06 2017, 18:48

Leeds_Trotter

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Reducing the price of a cup game like it's doing us a favour. Nobody turns up to cup games, yet he will say lower tickets won't work again because he made them cheap for this game. It's the cheap Tuesday night game all over again.

529Ken Anderson - update. - Page 27 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Wed Dec 06 2017, 18:53

y2johnny

y2johnny
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Fans asked for the ticket prices to be lower for the cup game and he has obliged.

Cant do anything right can he!

530Ken Anderson - update. - Page 27 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Thu Dec 07 2017, 18:47

Leeds_Trotter

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Gray Gnomes wrote:Fans asked for the ticket prices to be lower for the cup game and he has obliged.

I'm the last person to slag Ken off, I'm really thankful for all he has done. However most people I know want cheaper game tickets across the board not just for cup games.

531Ken Anderson - update. - Page 27 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Thu Dec 07 2017, 21:20

y2johnny

y2johnny
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Leeds_Trotter wrote:
Gray Gnomes wrote:Fans asked for the ticket prices to be lower for the cup game and he has obliged.

I'm the last person to slag Ken off, I'm really thankful for all he has done. However most people I know want cheaper game tickets across the board not just for cup games.
At the end of the day, as much as it pains me to say it, he is running a business and trying to keep that business afloat so he can in turn make a profit.  Its much more than a business to us as fans obviously, but id rather have him keep us in existence than be a fan who lets everyone in to games for a fiver each.

532Ken Anderson - update. - Page 27 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Thu Dec 07 2017, 21:49

Leeds_Trotter

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Gray Gnomes wrote:
Leeds_Trotter wrote:

At the end of the day, as much as it pains me to say it, he is running a business and trying to keep that business afloat so he can in turn make a profit.  Its much more than a business to us as fans obviously, but id rather have him keep us in existence than be a fan who lets everyone in to games for a fiver each.
Nobody is saying a fiver each, he is questioning why the gates are low, fans are saying he is likely to get more through the door if the ticket price was cheaper.

533Ken Anderson - update. - Page 27 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Thu Dec 07 2017, 22:12

y2johnny

y2johnny
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

He is likely to get more through the door when the football is better.  The football will be better when we get some better players in january.  We will get players in january when we get more through the door..........its a vicious circle.

534Ken Anderson - update. - Page 27 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Fri Dec 08 2017, 07:57

Growler

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

The ball is in the court of the owner, not his potential customers. If he'll only pay for a 2nd rate team he's only going to be getting 2nd rate crowds.
As we saw 10 -15 years ago if Bolton will pay for quality players and a quality manager the club will average 25,000 at expensive ticket prices.

535Ken Anderson - update. - Page 27 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Fri Dec 08 2017, 08:35

y2johnny

y2johnny
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Growler wrote:The ball is in the court of the owner, not his potential customers. If he'll only pay for a 2nd rate team he's only going to be getting 2nd rate crowds.
As we saw 10 -15 years ago if Bolton will pay for quality players and a quality manager the club will average 25,000 at expensive ticket prices.
Laughable.

Ken Anderson was a last minute stand in that stopped us going into liquidation when dean holdsworths grand ideas disappeared faster than a million of the 5 million he borrowed.

Ken can hardly be blamed for not pumping money into the club.

536Ken Anderson - update. - Page 27 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Fri Dec 08 2017, 08:42

Growler

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Gray Gnomes wrote:
Growler wrote:The ball is in the court of the owner, not his potential customers. If he'll only pay for a 2nd rate team he's only going to be getting 2nd rate crowds.

Ken Anderson was a last minute stand in that stopped us going into liquidation
That's a matter of opinion.I don't think Eddie Davies would have had the balls to allow the club to be liquidated.

537Ken Anderson - update. - Page 27 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Fri Dec 08 2017, 09:04

y2johnny

y2johnny
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

We was about ten minutes away from being so thanks to good old uncle knob head eddie

538Ken Anderson - update. - Page 27 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Fri Dec 08 2017, 09:11

Growler

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Yeah i get that but think it was all show from Eddie, liquidating the club would have made him a social pariah/ public enemy number one and I don't think he was up for the hostility of that.

539Ken Anderson - update. - Page 27 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Fri Dec 08 2017, 09:15

y2johnny

y2johnny
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

I think you underestimate his knob headishness

540Ken Anderson - update. - Page 27 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Fri Dec 08 2017, 12:47

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm still astounded that some fans aren't grateful to Eddie for funding years of Premiership football, a couple of trips to Europe and some top quality talent signing for us. We all make mistakes and his was trusting Gartside to run an efficient ship. I don't blame him for switching off the tap having lost more money on a football club than any owner in history.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 27 of 50]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 38 ... 50  Next

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum