Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Brexit negotiations

+27
Travelodge
Dunkels King
rammywhite
BoltonTillIDie
Angry Dad
scottjames30
Bread2.0
xmiles
Chairmanda
wessy
Cajunboy
Bollotom2014
Bwfc1958
JAH
okocha
Reebok Trotter
Soul Kitchen
Sluffy
karlypants
Leeds_Trotter
boltonbonce
finlaymcdanger
Norpig
Natasha Whittam
gloswhite
bwfc71
wanderlust
31 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 29 ... 50  Next

Go down  Message [Page 9 of 50]

161Brexit negotiations - Page 9 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Thu Oct 05 2017, 15:33

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

i can see whoever is in charge just leading us out of Europe whether we have a deal or not as they know that the 17 million who voted leave would never trust or elect them again.

162Brexit negotiations - Page 9 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Thu Oct 05 2017, 16:02

Bread2.0

Bread2.0
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

This is literally why I predicted 18 months ago that a loaf of bread would cost about 3 quid, post Brexit:

https://www.ft.com/content/92bb5636-a95b-11e7-ab55-27219df83c97

That's wheat in that picture.

Wheat which is imported to the UK in vast quantities to satisfy the nation's love affair with chip butties.

It's a commodity, so the price fluctuates with supply and demand.

But as part of the EU collective bargaining group, UK bread producers benefit from being able to lock in future wheat purchases at a set price.

That will no longer happen if we leave the EU, so it'll be up to the UK government to negotiate favourable trade tariffs with wheat growers in the US and Canada.

And if you read the article, it doesn't look as though they'll be in any rush to do us any favours.

Hence, 3 quid a loaf.

(And that's without factoring in the increased manufacturing costs when the supply of available cheap labour from the EU dries up.)

163Brexit negotiations - Page 9 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Thu Oct 05 2017, 16:05

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

That's it then we can't pull out, if i cant have my Warbies Toastle loaf at a reasonable price someone is in serious trouble, i practically live on bread  Very Happy

164Brexit negotiations - Page 9 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Thu Oct 05 2017, 16:06

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ha ha, you slag Boris off for his £350m NHS pledge, and then post that a loaf of bread is going to cost £3.

There are nutters on both sides.

In 50 years this will be seen as a great decision, and future generations will thank us. It's only the people who can't see past 2019 that seem to be wetting their knickers.

165Brexit negotiations - Page 9 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Thu Oct 05 2017, 16:08

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

2021 you mean  :whistle:

166Brexit negotiations - Page 9 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Thu Oct 05 2017, 20:50

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

No, 2019, the extra 2 years hasn't been agreed to by the EU, yet. 
I genuinely cannot see a way back into the EU, no matter what happens with the negotiations. If, by some miracle it does happen, God forbid, just think to yourself how low our standing will be within the community. We'll be the whipping boys for everything, and everybody, whilst still paying a very high cost for the pleasure. We will have sold our ideals, principles, and country, for a handful of silver.

167Brexit negotiations - Page 9 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Sat Oct 07 2017, 08:27

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Another example of how easy it will be get fair trade deals with friends like America:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-41532309

168Brexit negotiations - Page 9 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Sat Oct 07 2017, 10:36

Bread2.0

Bread2.0
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Natasha Whittam wrote:Ha ha, you slag Boris off for his £350m NHS pledge, and then post that a loaf of bread is going to cost £3.

There are nutters on both sides.

In 50 years this will be seen as a great decision, and future generations will thank us. It's only the people who can't see past 2019 that seem to be wetting their knickers.

Nuts' very own version of Sean Hannity speaks.....

Give us your thoughts on gun control and universal healthcare.

169Brexit negotiations - Page 9 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Tue Oct 10 2017, 11:00

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

BAE Systems cut 2000 jobs  
750 in Lancashire where we made parts for the Eurofighter and some here in Norfolk. Perhaps the Government should be doing more to maintain current European contracts although BAE may have done this in the light of the punitive US trade tariffs or because UKs trading figures are so poor. The trade deficit widened by £2.9 billion to £10.8 billion in the 3 months to August. 

170Brexit negotiations - Page 9 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Tue Oct 10 2017, 11:08

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

BAE Systems cut 2000 jobs  
750 in Lancashire where we made parts for the Eurofighter and some here in Norfolk. Perhaps the Government should be doing more to maintain current European contracts although BAE may have done this in the light of the punitive US trade tariffs or because UKs trading figures are so poor. The trade deficit widened by a further £2.9 billion to £13.2 billion in the 3 months to August - and that despite a much weakened pound which Brextremists still argue should help exports which it clearly isn't.
Manufacturing output is slightly up and that should be enough for the Bank of England to increase interest rates next month but the overall picture seems to be that despite paying more for imported materials, British manufacturers are still banging out product and hoping they can maintain the same margin - which their foreign customers aren't having.

171Brexit negotiations - Page 9 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Tue Oct 10 2017, 13:44

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Maybe we should invent a new lexicon for Brexit. We have Brexiters, Brexiteers, plus a few more,and now Wander has introduced Brextremists. Have to say, all this playing with the one made up word, Brexmyheart.  Very Happy

172Brexit negotiations - Page 9 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Tue Oct 10 2017, 18:05

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

gloswhite wrote:Maybe we should invent a new lexicon for Brexit. We have Brexiters, Brexiteers, plus a few more,and now Wander has introduced Brextremists. Have to say, all this playing with the one made up word, Brexmyheart.  Very Happy
ouch!

173Brexit negotiations - Page 9 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Wed Oct 11 2017, 19:25

Bread2.0

Bread2.0
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

About fecking time....

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/jeremy-corbyn-will-vote-against-a-no-deal-brexit-labour-says_uk_59de52f3e4b0eb18af058f64?3if

I appreciate that this is far from Labour officially coming out and opposing the whole stupid idea of leaving the EU but it's a start, nonetheless, and it opens that door.

Good.

174Brexit negotiations - Page 9 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Wed Oct 11 2017, 20:28

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bread2.0 wrote:About fecking time....

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/jeremy-corbyn-will-vote-against-a-no-deal-brexit-labour-says_uk_59de52f3e4b0eb18af058f64?3if

I appreciate that this is far from Labour officially coming out and opposing the whole stupid idea of leaving the EU but it's a start, nonetheless, and it opens that door.

Good.

Don't start you gobshite.

175Brexit negotiations - Page 9 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Wed Oct 11 2017, 20:37

Bread2.0

Bread2.0
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I didn't start anything - I voted remain.

176Brexit negotiations - Page 9 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Wed Oct 11 2017, 21:07

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Very Happy

177Brexit negotiations - Page 9 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Thu Oct 12 2017, 11:56

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

I have to say, even though I voted Tory, and am in favour of Brexit, I cannot believe how things are progressing, (or not). 
Its an absolute disgrace that the likes of Hammond, and Boris are playing their personal politics, with, unfortunately, a whole pack of shite-hawks backing each one up. Well done Grant Shapps, you back-stabbing tit !
This isn't the time to be carrying on as they are, and what makes it worse, is a PM who is weak, and would appear to have no idea on how to control the rabble she calls a party, especially as she seems to be indicating that she preparing to concentrate on home politics. 
Trump referred to sorting what he regarded as inept and corrupt politicians as 'draining the swamp'. I think we should look further back than that, to our own history, and remember November 5th, (or is that a bit extreme  Very Happy )
What goes around comes around, and whereas the Tory party watched the Labour Party implode when Corbyn took charge, and revelled in it, they are now going through the same process. The major difference, and most damaging, is that this bunch of idiots are in charge of running the country, and more importantly, negotiating its future for generations to come. Its a bloody shambles.
Add to this depressing situation, that I'm a Bolton supporter, and you'll now see why I'm considering whether to escape to Spain, with Breaders, (I haven't told him yet Very Happy ) .

178Brexit negotiations - Page 9 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Thu Oct 12 2017, 12:20

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

gloswhite wrote:I have to say, even though I voted Tory, and am in favour of Brexit, I cannot believe how things are progressing, (or not). 
Its an absolute disgrace that the likes of Hammond, and Boris are playing their personal politics, with, unfortunately, a whole pack of shite-hawks backing each one up. Well done Grant Shapps, you back-stabbing tit !
This isn't the time to be carrying on as they are, and what makes it worse, is a PM who is weak, and would appear to have no idea on how to control the rabble she calls a party, especially as she seems to be indicating that she preparing to concentrate on home politics. 
Trump referred to sorting what he regarded as inept and corrupt politicians as 'draining the swamp'. I think we should look further back than that, to our own history, and remember November 5th, (or is that a bit extreme  Very Happy )
What goes around comes around, and whereas the Tory party watched the Labour Party implode when Corbyn took charge, and revelled in it, they are now going through the same process. The major difference, and most damaging, is that this bunch of idiots are in charge of running the country, and more importantly, negotiating its future for generations to come. Its a bloody shambles.
Add to this depressing situation, that I'm a Bolton supporter, and you'll now see why I'm considering whether to escape to Spain, with Breaders, (I haven't told him yet Very Happy ) .
The thing is that we had a weak feckless back-stabbing Government who couldn't negotiate their way out of a wet paper bag before the referendum so why would anyone expect things to be any different now?

I voted remain because we are part of several global trade, manufacturing, banking, research and military alliances that have taken decades to put together and if I ever thought we could back out of them without causing massive damage to the UK this Government are the last people I'd want to negotiate on our behalf.

179Brexit negotiations - Page 9 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Thu Oct 12 2017, 12:38

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

The question at the time was whether we wanted to remain or not. I doubt very much whether people considered how to vote, depending on whether the government was capable of negotiating a favourable result. It was more personal than that. 
When we look back, in order to answer that question, and lets be honest, both at the time, and now, neither party really comes up to the mark, when it comes to the actual negotiations, or so it seems. Regardless of politics and policies, the personal behaviours of our politicians leaves a great deal to be desired, again.

180Brexit negotiations - Page 9 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Thu Oct 12 2017, 12:48

Bread2.0

Bread2.0
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

There will always be a welcome in the spare bedroom for you and yours, Glos.

That's if we can all still get flights over there in 2 years.....

http://www.independent.co.uk/travel/news-and-advice/philip-hammond-brexit-no-deal-ground-all-flights-uk-eu-airports-travel-european-union-a7994191.html

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 9 of 50]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 29 ... 50  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum