Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Brexit negotiations

+27
Travelodge
Dunkels King
rammywhite
BoltonTillIDie
Angry Dad
scottjames30
Bread2.0
xmiles
Chairmanda
wessy
Cajunboy
Bollotom2014
Bwfc1958
JAH
okocha
Reebok Trotter
Soul Kitchen
Sluffy
karlypants
Leeds_Trotter
boltonbonce
finlaymcdanger
Norpig
Natasha Whittam
gloswhite
bwfc71
wanderlust
31 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 30 ... 50  Next

Go down  Message [Page 10 of 50]

181Brexit negotiations - Page 10 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Thu Oct 12 2017, 12:52

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bread2.0 wrote:There will always be a welcome in the spare bedroom for you and yours, Glos.

He's grooming you Glos, don't fall for it. You'll be handcuffed to the bed wearing a rubber gimp mask before you can say 'Brexit'.

182Brexit negotiations - Page 10 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Thu Oct 12 2017, 13:10

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

gloswhite wrote:The question at the time was whether we wanted to remain or not. I doubt very much whether people considered how to vote, depending on whether the government was capable of negotiating a favourable result. It was more personal than that. 
Therein lies the problem. Most people didn't and still don't know what they were voting for and it's pretty apparent the Leavers weren't necessarily voting for the same thing - so it's inevitable that they can't all be satisfied. 
I heard some very bravado comments at the time about how the EU was going to roll over and the rest of the world form an orderly queue to do trade with the UK because - obviously - the UK economy is so great. If people believed that I suspect the quality of our negotiators was never a consideration for them. Some I've spoken to fully expected the world to be grovelling at our feet by now.

183Brexit negotiations - Page 10 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Thu Oct 12 2017, 13:10

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Imagine all the brexit lot when they can't get their flights to Benidorm  Very Happy

184Brexit negotiations - Page 10 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Thu Oct 12 2017, 13:22

Bread2.0

Bread2.0
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Norpig wrote:Imagine all the brexit lot when they can't get their flights to Benidorm  Very Happy

Exactly.

I've just had that conversation with my (Leave voting) in laws.

They're excitedly preparing to go over and spend a month at our new place in a few weeks and I've just shown them the link I posted.

Crestfallen, they said "But we didn't vote for that!"

"Ah, but you did, Reginald" said I. "You just didn't realise it. Because you voted for something about which you knew fuck all. And I tried telling you this at the time but you wouldn't have it, would you....?"

And that's the nub.

185Brexit negotiations - Page 10 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Thu Oct 12 2017, 14:23

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bread2.0 wrote:"Ah, but you did, Reginald" said I. "You just didn't realise it. Because you voted for something about which you knew fuck all. And I tried telling you this at the time but you wouldn't have it, would you....?"

To be fair, most people that know you do the exact opposite of what you tell them.

186Brexit negotiations - Page 10 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Thu Oct 12 2017, 14:40

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

The only surprising thing about the lack of progress in these negotiations is the fact that people are surprised by the lack of progress. Did all you brexit fans think it was going to be easy? Do you really think we are going to be able to get a trade deal without agreeing to pay anywhere between £50bn and £100bn?

187Brexit negotiations - Page 10 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Thu Oct 12 2017, 14:42

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Course they did xmiles, they thought and still think we can walk out without paying a penny and that countries are going to queue up to do deals with us.

188Brexit negotiations - Page 10 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Thu Oct 12 2017, 14:44

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Well they believed that £350m a week bullshit.

189Brexit negotiations - Page 10 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Thu Oct 12 2017, 14:46

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The most ridiculous thing i've seen on my facebook feed is someone shared a link to one of those Britain First type groups saying something along the lines of we paid for 2 world wars so there's your payment  Rolling Eyes

190Brexit negotiations - Page 10 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Thu Oct 12 2017, 15:19

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:The most ridiculous thing i've seen on my facebook feed is someone shared a link to one of those Britain First type groups saying something along the lines of we paid for 2 world wars so there's your payment  Rolling Eyes
I thought it was the Americans that won those wars?

191Brexit negotiations - Page 10 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Thu Oct 12 2017, 15:23

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:
Norpig wrote:The most ridiculous thing i've seen on my facebook feed is someone shared a link to one of those Britain First type groups saying something along the lines of we paid for 2 world wars so there's your payment  Rolling Eyes
I thought it was the Americans that won those wars?
Actually,it was Audie Murphy.Brexit negotiations - Page 10 Soldier-with-gun

192Brexit negotiations - Page 10 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Thu Oct 12 2017, 16:03

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

The Americans did win those wars. They made more money out of us, at a time we couldn't afford it, than anyone else. 

I was in Lexington a few years ago, and they actually have a 'museum' lauding their efforts in supplying, and charging the UK and other desperate countries.

193Brexit negotiations - Page 10 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Thu Oct 12 2017, 16:08

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Bread2.0 wrote:There will always be a welcome in the spare bedroom for you and yours, Glos.

Thanks Breaders.

I don't know how long it will be before I get there, as I'm thinking of hiring a dinghy when I get to one of the islands off their coast, casting myself adrift, and claiming asylum. I'll be sure of a warm welcome, and all the benefits that the country can give me. (unless I drift on to the Catalonian coast, and then anything goes Very Happy )

194Brexit negotiations - Page 10 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Thu Oct 12 2017, 16:25

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

gloswhite wrote:The Americans did win those wars. They made more money out of us, at a time we couldn't afford it, than anyone else. 

I was in Lexington a few years ago, and they actually have a 'museum' lauding their efforts in supplying, and charging the UK and other desperate countries.

Very true glos.

And nothing has changed. How easy is it going to be to get a decent and fair trade deal with America? Just look at what they have done to Bombardier when Boeing itself receives billions of dollars of subsidies from U.S. governments at the federal, municipal and state levels.

195Brexit negotiations - Page 10 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Thu Oct 12 2017, 16:38

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Agreed, and we've gone very quiet on that front. 
The Americans have always prided themselves on their business acumen, attitude, and 'America first' approach, and I believe the push for independent trading relations with the US will not be as wonderful as some think. i think it will be OK overall, but it will also be painful for some. They are very hard negotiators, probably why Trump wants us to sign up as soon as we can.

196Brexit negotiations - Page 10 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Thu Oct 12 2017, 17:47

Bread2.0

Bread2.0
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Just gonna leave this here....

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/pound-to-euro-conversion-rate-plummets-eu-brexit_uk_59df4a5ee4b0eb18af06712e

In May 2016 (just before the referendum) the rate was £1 : 1.3 Euros.

197Brexit negotiations - Page 10 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Thu Oct 12 2017, 17:54

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Are you going to bang on about this forever?

You need a hobby.

198Brexit negotiations - Page 10 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Thu Oct 12 2017, 18:00

Bread2.0

Bread2.0
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Natasha Whittam wrote:Are you going to bang on about this forever?

You need a hobby.

I've got one - Opposing Brexit.

199Brexit negotiations - Page 10 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Thu Oct 12 2017, 18:01

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bread2.0 wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:Are you going to bang on about this forever?

You need a hobby.

I've got one - Opposing Brexit.
You need a new one then. Very Happy

200Brexit negotiations - Page 10 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Thu Oct 12 2017, 18:05

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I've got a hobby Breaders. Come and join us.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 10 of 50]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 30 ... 50  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum