You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Wandering Minds » Brexit negotiations

Brexit negotiations

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 25 ... 34  Next

Go down  Message [Page 17 of 34]

481Brexit negotiations - Page 17 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations on Fri Jan 26 2018, 09:24

xmiles

xmiles
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff
@gloswhite wrote:We'd lost most of our influence anyway, and more importantly, we'll be able to trade with whoever we like, without Europe's permission.

We have always been able to "trade with whoever we like, without Europe's permission". 57% of our exports are to non EU countries. One of the problems with leaving the EU is that if no satisfactory trade deal is made we will be facing tariffs and other barriers to trade on the 43% of our exports we send to the EU.

482Brexit negotiations - Page 17 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations on Fri Jan 26 2018, 12:23

wanderlust


Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@xmiles wrote:
@gloswhite wrote:We'd lost most of our influence anyway, and more importantly, we'll be able to trade with whoever we like, without Europe's permission.

We have always been able to "trade with whoever we like, without Europe's permission". 57% of our exports are to non EU countries. One of the problems with leaving the EU is that if no satisfactory trade deal is made we will be facing tariffs and other barriers to trade on the 43% of our exports we send to the EU.
That's true, however some of the big free trade deals we currently have with non-European countries were negotiated by the EU (over 50 deals currently in place) using the massive purchasing power of all 28 nations, which in turn gave us bargaining power that we have no chance of equalling as a sole nation.
Every one of those deals will have to be renegotiated at considerable cost and with little likelihood of bettering the arrangements currently in place.  If all goes well, we'll probably end up with deals identical to the ones we currently have in place - it's just that it will cost us a couple of hospitals and a school to get back to where we are.

483Brexit negotiations - Page 17 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations on Fri Jan 26 2018, 14:01

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I've just been to Bargain Booze. Ignoring the queue of men that seemed to be centred on the bins, I found three cans of Pepsi for £1.

3 cans for a quid!!

It'll be 3 cans for 50p by the time Brexit happens.

Life is good. Thanks to everyone who voted to leave.

484Brexit negotiations - Page 17 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations on Fri Jan 26 2018, 15:44

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington
@Natasha Whittam wrote:I've just been to Bargain Booze. Ignoring the queue of men that seemed to be centred on the bins, I found three cans of Pepsi for £1.

3 cans for a quid!!

It'll be 3 cans for 50p by the time Brexit happens.

Life is good. Thanks to everyone who voted to leave.

Nat, go to Farmfoods where you can get 72 cans of Pepsi ( and lots of others as well) for £17. That's 23p a can . You woz robbed!

485Brexit negotiations - Page 17 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations on Fri Jan 26 2018, 15:48

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
What is this Farmfoods you speak of? Is it a local farm? It sounds posh. Cecil can take me on Sunday.

486Brexit negotiations - Page 17 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations on Fri Jan 26 2018, 16:08

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington
@Natasha Whittam wrote:What is this Farmfoods you speak of? Is it a local farm? It sounds posh. Cecil can take me on Sunday.

You might not like it because its where all the peasants and the great unwashed go for branded products at half the price Waitrose and Sainsburys sell them for. There is one in Bolton on Halliwell Road. Be careful with Cec though as he may get orgasmic in the chocolate section

487Brexit negotiations - Page 17 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations on Fri Jan 26 2018, 16:21

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@rammywhite wrote:You might not like it because its where all the peasants and the great unwashed go

Don't put yourself down, I'm sure you have some good qualities.

But thanks for the tip, I shall go in disguise.

488Brexit negotiations - Page 17 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations on Fri Jan 26 2018, 16:34

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin
Thought I post this as an independent up to today comment on the economy post Brexit vote -

Analysis: Andy Verity, economics correspondent

Choose your comparator. You might, like Bank of England governor Mark Carney, point out that the economy is about 1% smaller than the Bank predicted it would be before the Brexit vote. But that was in the event of a "stay" vote.

Pro-Brexit critics might point out the economy is doing a lot better than his own warnings about the risk of a "technical recession" if the UK voted to leave.

Annual growth of 1.8% may be less than we would like, but so far there is little sign of the Brexit-induced disaster that some predicted.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-42831655

489Brexit negotiations - Page 17 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations on Fri Jan 26 2018, 16:46

T.R.O.Y


Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Can’t argue, we haven’t seen the disaster Osborne and Cameron described. But I didn’t believe those two at the time either, they never could be trusted. The ‘disaster’ I feared was prior to last years election when Teresa May was hell bent on hard Brexit, she’s been driven back from that luckily.

490Brexit negotiations - Page 17 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations on Fri Jan 26 2018, 16:53

okocha

okocha
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
@Natasha Whittam wrote:Cecil can take me on Sunday.
Not very generous of you to only let him "take" you once a week....or is that all he can get up for?

491Brexit negotiations - Page 17 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations on Fri Jan 26 2018, 17:24

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@okocha wrote:
@Natasha Whittam wrote:Cecil can take me on Sunday.
Not very generous of you to only let him "take" you once a week....or is that all he can get up for?
During intimacy,Cecil puts a brown paper bag over Nat's head.

He wears one as well,in case hers comes off.

492Brexit negotiations - Page 17 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations on Fri Jan 26 2018, 21:04

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Very Happy

493Brexit negotiations - Page 17 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations on Fri Jan 26 2018, 21:23

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
When even okocha is taking the piss out of my man something has to be done.

:trust:

And for the record, Cecil has no problem getting it up, and it's at least 2 inches.

494Brexit negotiations - Page 17 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations on Fri Jan 26 2018, 21:56

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
:whistle:

495Brexit negotiations - Page 17 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations on Fri Jan 26 2018, 22:00

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@Natasha Whittam wrote:When even okocha is taking the piss out of my man something has to be done.

:trust:

And for the record, Cecil has no problem getting it up, and it's at least 2 inches.
What about the other leg?

496Brexit negotiations - Page 17 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations on Fri Jan 26 2018, 22:36

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
PM me your address so I can send Cecil round to sort you out.

497Brexit negotiations - Page 17 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations on Fri Jan 26 2018, 22:48

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Nat must have some influence. The local hotel has installed a new stall just for Cecil.
Brexit negotiations - Page 17 Closeup-tiles-wall-toilet-man-toilet-view-urinals-small-room-interior-old-background-black-75521971

498Brexit negotiations - Page 17 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations on Sat Jan 27 2018, 17:47

wanderlust


Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
A lot of today's papers have been quoting the Guardian/ICM research paper that says that the swing towards having a second referendum suggests those in favour of a second vote lead by a 16% margin, however what I found more interesting was the analysis of who voted to leave or remain in the first place. Turns out that the biggest groups of those who wanted out were not in work or education i.e. the unemployed and retired people. Only 38% of retired people voted to remain  and those opinions have hardened - now it's only 34%. There's a summary of the article here but if you want the detail I reckon you'll have to get today's paper.

499Brexit negotiations - Page 17 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations on Sat Jan 27 2018, 18:57

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
There's more chance of Bolton spending £10m on a striker next week than there is of a second referendum.

Let it go.

500Brexit negotiations - Page 17 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations on Sun Jan 28 2018, 09:12

T.R.O.Y


Andy Walker
Andy Walker
I’m not sure if there will be, in all likelihood there won’t but who knows. I think that’s the question for the moment, should there be another? To me the scenario for leaving was never made clear (as clearly anyone with high level gov influence at the time didn’t think it would happen), and a decision made on the basis of the deal we get is actually just common sense. At the moment nobody knows what leave actually means, once we do that’s the time to vote.

501Brexit negotiations - Page 17 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations on Sun Jan 28 2018, 13:52

wanderlust


Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@Natasha Whittam wrote:There's more chance of Bolton spending £10m on a striker next week than there is of a second referendum.

Agreed.

Let it go.

You're making the same mistake as Sluffy invariably does. Just because I report it doesn't mean I necessarily want it. The fact that the latest survey says that since the British people have become more aware of what Brexit really means, more people want to Remain than Leave and most people want a second referendum is just that - a fact.
May would never allow a second referendum even if 100% of British people wanted a second referendum because her only platform is to push Brexit through ("regardless of the cost") and to accept that we've changed our minds would be the U-turn of all U-turns. To remove the possibility of not achieving what she seems to see as her crowning glory is a non-starter so it will never happen whilst she remains PM IMO.

502Brexit negotiations - Page 17 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations on Sun Jan 28 2018, 14:23

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Note to wanderlust: you are not a reporter, when you post something it should be your opinion, not something you ripped from another website. We have KP to do that.

503Brexit negotiations - Page 17 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations on Sun Jan 28 2018, 14:31

wanderlust


Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@Natasha Whittam wrote:Note to wanderlust: you are not a reporter, when you post something it should be your opinion, not something you ripped from another website. We have KP to do that.
Note to self: Remember to check if the facts meet Nat's approval before posting  them. Or not.

504Brexit negotiations - Page 17 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations on Sun Jan 28 2018, 14:42

xmiles

xmiles
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff
@wanderlust wrote:
May would never allow a second referendum even if 100% of British people wanted a second referendum because her only platform is to push Brexit through ("regardless of the cost") and to accept that we've changed our minds would be the U-turn of all U-turns. To remove the possibility of not achieving what she seems to see as her crowning glory is a non-starter so it will never happen whilst she remains PM IMO.

But how long will May remain PM?

Desire for a second referendum on the deal eventually negotiated is apparently gaining ground but I doubt it will happen. The brexit fanatics (apart from Farage) would not want to take the chance of jeopardising brexit and the arch hypocrite Corbyn won't support it either. It also raises the awkward question of what happens if the deal is rejected - do we remain in the EU, do we leave with no deal?

505Brexit negotiations - Page 17 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations on Sun Jan 28 2018, 16:45

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Andy Walker
Andy Walker
If May lasts until May then the Local Election results could well be the death of her Premiership.

I think the Tories will get hammered in London.



The new leader would sure have to galvanise the government, as they sure aren't going to call for another General Election.

506Brexit negotiations - Page 17 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations on Sun Jan 28 2018, 17:23

T.R.O.Y


Andy Walker
Andy Walker
To me, there aren’t any obvious leaders to take over from Maybot. Certainly none standout, having said that I have a pretty low opinion of most Tory MPs. Maybe one of our resident Conservatives know more?

507Brexit negotiations - Page 17 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations on Mon Jan 29 2018, 13:33

wanderlust


Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@Sluffy wrote:Thought I post this as an independent up to today comment on the economy post Brexit vote -

Analysis: Andy Verity, economics correspondent

Choose your comparator. You might, like Bank of England governor Mark Carney, point out that the economy is about 1% smaller than the Bank predicted it would be before the Brexit vote. But that was in the event of a "stay" vote.

Pro-Brexit critics might point out the economy is doing a lot better than his own warnings about the risk of a "technical recession" if the UK voted to leave.

Annual growth of 1.8% may be less than we would like, but so far there is little sign of the Brexit-induced disaster that some predicted.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-42831655
As things stand we are still in the EU and disaster has been averted by weak negotiations which effectively mean that when we do finally leave we will still be in the EU in everything but name.
"Brexit" as envisaged by it's supporters will never, ever happen. 
Problem solved.

508Brexit negotiations - Page 17 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations on Mon Jan 29 2018, 16:34

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin
@wanderlust wrote:
@Sluffy wrote:Thought I post this as an independent up to today comment on the economy post Brexit vote -

Analysis: Andy Verity, economics correspondent

Choose your comparator. You might, like Bank of England governor Mark Carney, point out that the economy is about 1% smaller than the Bank predicted it would be before the Brexit vote. But that was in the event of a "stay" vote.

Pro-Brexit critics might point out the economy is doing a lot better than his own warnings about the risk of a "technical recession" if the UK voted to leave.

Annual growth of 1.8% may be less than we would like, but so far there is little sign of the Brexit-induced disaster that some predicted.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-42831655
As things stand we are still in the EU and disaster has been averted by weak negotiations which effectively mean that when we do finally leave we will still be in the EU in everything but name.
"Brexit" as envisaged by it's supporters will never, ever happen. 
Problem solved.

You've been stewing on my post for three days before you finally thought of something!

Rolling Eyes

As Natasha said earlier - and I advised you well over a year ago - let it go.



509Brexit negotiations - Page 17 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations on Mon Jan 29 2018, 16:56

T.R.O.Y


Andy Walker
Andy Walker
I made the same point three days ago, it’s perfectly valid.

510Brexit negotiations - Page 17 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations on Mon Jan 29 2018, 17:16

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Andy Walker
Andy Walker
BRINO ?



Last edited by Cajunboy on Mon Jan 29 2018, 17:44; edited 1 time in total

Back to top  Message [Page 17 of 34]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 25 ... 34  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum