Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Brexit negotiations

+27
Travelodge
Dunkels King
rammywhite
BoltonTillIDie
Angry Dad
scottjames30
Bread2.0
xmiles
Chairmanda
wessy
Cajunboy
Bollotom2014
Bwfc1958
JAH
okocha
Reebok Trotter
Soul Kitchen
Sluffy
karlypants
Leeds_Trotter
boltonbonce
finlaymcdanger
Norpig
Natasha Whittam
gloswhite
bwfc71
wanderlust
31 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 38 ... 50  Next

Go down  Message [Page 26 of 50]

501Brexit negotiations - Page 26 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Sun Jan 28 2018, 13:52

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:There's more chance of Bolton spending £10m on a striker next week than there is of a second referendum.

Agreed.

Let it go.

You're making the same mistake as Sluffy invariably does. Just because I report it doesn't mean I necessarily want it. The fact that the latest survey says that since the British people have become more aware of what Brexit really means, more people want to Remain than Leave and most people want a second referendum is just that - a fact.
May would never allow a second referendum even if 100% of British people wanted a second referendum because her only platform is to push Brexit through ("regardless of the cost") and to accept that we've changed our minds would be the U-turn of all U-turns. To remove the possibility of not achieving what she seems to see as her crowning glory is a non-starter so it will never happen whilst she remains PM IMO.

502Brexit negotiations - Page 26 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Sun Jan 28 2018, 14:23

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Note to wanderlust: you are not a reporter, when you post something it should be your opinion, not something you ripped from another website. We have KP to do that.

503Brexit negotiations - Page 26 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Sun Jan 28 2018, 14:31

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:Note to wanderlust: you are not a reporter, when you post something it should be your opinion, not something you ripped from another website. We have KP to do that.
Note to self: Remember to check if the facts meet Nat's approval before posting  them. Or not.

504Brexit negotiations - Page 26 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Sun Jan 28 2018, 14:42

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

wanderlust wrote:
May would never allow a second referendum even if 100% of British people wanted a second referendum because her only platform is to push Brexit through ("regardless of the cost") and to accept that we've changed our minds would be the U-turn of all U-turns. To remove the possibility of not achieving what she seems to see as her crowning glory is a non-starter so it will never happen whilst she remains PM IMO.

But how long will May remain PM?

Desire for a second referendum on the deal eventually negotiated is apparently gaining ground but I doubt it will happen. The brexit fanatics (apart from Farage) would not want to take the chance of jeopardising brexit and the arch hypocrite Corbyn won't support it either. It also raises the awkward question of what happens if the deal is rejected - do we remain in the EU, do we leave with no deal?

505Brexit negotiations - Page 26 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Sun Jan 28 2018, 16:45

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

If May lasts until May then the Local Election results could well be the death of her Premiership.

I think the Tories will get hammered in London.

The new leader would sure have to galvanise the government, as they sure aren't going to call for another General Election.

506Brexit negotiations - Page 26 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Sun Jan 28 2018, 17:23

To me, there aren’t any obvious leaders to take over from Maybot. Certainly none standout, having said that I have a pretty low opinion of most Tory MPs. Maybe one of our resident Conservatives know more?

507Brexit negotiations - Page 26 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Mon Jan 29 2018, 13:33

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:Thought I post this as an independent up to today comment on the economy post Brexit vote -

Analysis: Andy Verity, economics correspondent

Choose your comparator. You might, like Bank of England governor Mark Carney, point out that the economy is about 1% smaller than the Bank predicted it would be before the Brexit vote. But that was in the event of a "stay" vote.

Pro-Brexit critics might point out the economy is doing a lot better than his own warnings about the risk of a "technical recession" if the UK voted to leave.

Annual growth of 1.8% may be less than we would like, but so far there is little sign of the Brexit-induced disaster that some predicted.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-42831655
As things stand we are still in the EU and disaster has been averted by weak negotiations which effectively mean that when we do finally leave we will still be in the EU in everything but name.
"Brexit" as envisaged by it's supporters will never, ever happen. 
Problem solved.

508Brexit negotiations - Page 26 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Mon Jan 29 2018, 16:34

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

wanderlust wrote:
Sluffy wrote:Thought I post this as an independent up to today comment on the economy post Brexit vote -

Analysis: Andy Verity, economics correspondent

Choose your comparator. You might, like Bank of England governor Mark Carney, point out that the economy is about 1% smaller than the Bank predicted it would be before the Brexit vote. But that was in the event of a "stay" vote.

Pro-Brexit critics might point out the economy is doing a lot better than his own warnings about the risk of a "technical recession" if the UK voted to leave.

Annual growth of 1.8% may be less than we would like, but so far there is little sign of the Brexit-induced disaster that some predicted.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-42831655
As things stand we are still in the EU and disaster has been averted by weak negotiations which effectively mean that when we do finally leave we will still be in the EU in everything but name.
"Brexit" as envisaged by it's supporters will never, ever happen. 
Problem solved.

You've been stewing on my post for three days before you finally thought of something!

Rolling Eyes

As Natasha said earlier - and I advised you well over a year ago - let it go.

509Brexit negotiations - Page 26 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Mon Jan 29 2018, 16:56

I made the same point three days ago, it’s perfectly valid.

510Brexit negotiations - Page 26 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Mon Jan 29 2018, 17:16

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

BRINO ?

Last edited by Cajunboy on Mon Jan 29 2018, 17:44; edited 1 time in total

511Brexit negotiations - Page 26 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Mon Jan 29 2018, 17:24

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

T.R.O.Y wrote:I made the same point three days ago, it’s perfectly valid.

You haven't been stewing over it for the last three days though.

(nor being deliberately selective in posting only negative news on Brexit).

That's a whole different thing.

For what it is worth I posted a link to the video below way back in July last year on this very thread (post No58) which basically comes to the same conclusion - that Brexit will happen but with a longer roll out to minimise the risk to the economy.

Seems to me the video reasoning is still sound and on track - despite the last six months of selective 'doom and gloom' Wanderlust world economy updates he's constantly been giving us - no matter how far from reality they are!

512Brexit negotiations - Page 26 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Mon Jan 29 2018, 17:43

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

But will it be BREXIT or BRINO?

513Brexit negotiations - Page 26 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Mon Jan 29 2018, 18:28

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Cajunboy wrote:But will it be BREXIT or BRINO?

Brexit means Brexit - obviously!

So Brexit in name only will still = Brexit.

Very Happy

514Brexit negotiations - Page 26 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Mon Jan 29 2018, 18:44

Sluffy - aside from the Bank of England’s forecast last week, it has been doom and gloom the last 12 months. Slump in the pound, high inflation, low productivity and low wages, obviously this isn’t caused by brexit in isolation - but it’s a factor.

And let’s face it, ending up with a BRINO situation could easily be termed a disaster for the monumental waste of time and money we’ll have gone through. It’s only viewed as something of a victory because the alternative May was pursuing appeared so much more damaging.

You’re crusade to disagree with everything Lust posts is blinding your judgement somewhat.

515Brexit negotiations - Page 26 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Mon Jan 29 2018, 20:47

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

T.R.O.Y wrote:Sluffy - aside from the Bank of England’s forecast last week, it has been doom and gloom the last 12 months. Slump in the pound, high inflation, low productivity and low wages, obviously this isn’t caused by brexit in isolation - but it’s a factor.

And let’s face it, ending up with a BRINO situation could easily be termed a disaster for the monumental waste of time and money we’ll have gone through. It’s only viewed as something of a victory because the alternative May was pursuing appeared so much more damaging.  

You’re crusade to disagree with everything Lust posts is blinding your judgement somewhat.

And you argue for the sake of it.

Are you honestly telling me that apart from one isolated Bank of England forecast that there as been absolutely NO good news economically in the last twelve months

Nothing at all, not even a hint of one?

We all know that is complete bollocks and we all know what you are up to yet again.

I really don't know which of the three of us - Wanderlust, you and I, is the most pathetic - one of us wastes his time on an internet footy forum being bitter and twisted over a democratic vote he doesn't like the outcome of, another of us wastes his time going to the bother of better informing him on some of his most outlandish claims, and the final one waits to pick online, unending arguments against people he's never met.

I guess I've got the best claim of being the saddest loser of us three because I am aware I'm being soft by actually trying to help and inform people (on the internet!) - you two however, one is simply bitter and the other thinks they are being clever and manipulative.  

I could get off my arse more and try to help people in the real world and not on the internet - whereas you two are both so far up your own arses that you probably are not aware you're wasting your life's away anyway by acting petulant and childish and probably only post on here because people swerve you in real life if you behave in the same way you do on here.  (And if you don't behave like that in the real world then why do it on here?).

So how about Wanderlust letting the Brexit vote go, you tolerating others opinions rather than continually arguing with people if they simply don't share your point of view, and I'll get out a bit more and become a bit less sadder than posting stuff like this on here like I just have?

Is it a deal?

(Or am I being to hopeful that people might be prepared to change for the good of it?)

516Brexit negotiations - Page 26 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Mon Jan 29 2018, 21:55

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Brexit negotiations - Page 26 NZLFarX

517Brexit negotiations - Page 26 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Mon Jan 29 2018, 22:23

Bollotom2014

Bollotom2014
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Round and round, the same old argument with a few of the most recent buzzwords added here and there. Far better to just start at post #1 and go to the end and repeat. Very little has changed and nor will it as long as some, of all persuasions, keep up the ad hominem tirade.

518Brexit negotiations - Page 26 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Mon Jan 29 2018, 23:39

Sluffy I’m really not interested in your chase of Lust, more than happy to continue ignoring whatever it is, but I will of course keep posting my opinion on all topics I hold an interest in across the site - that much has never changed.

Bollotom, you’re quick to condemn others for voicing an opinion. But why not offer your own? The situation has changed markedly since Brexit I think we’re in a third stage - 1. May pursues hard Brexit 2. Loses majority, forced to give up 3. Under pressure again by hard Brexiteers to toughen stance - whether it will cause her downfall is now the question.

519Brexit negotiations - Page 26 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Tue Jan 30 2018, 08:21

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

And here is the analysis the government doesn't want you to see:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-42867668

All bad news and the only thing the government can come up with is the excuse that its preferred fantasy have cake and eat it deal has not been included.

520Brexit negotiations - Page 26 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Tue Jan 30 2018, 10:30

Bollotom2014

Bollotom2014
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

T.R.O.Y wrote:Sluffy I’m really not interested in your chase of Lust, more than happy to continue ignoring whatever it is, but I will of course keep posting my opinion on all topics I hold an interest in across the site - that much has never changed.

Bollotom, you’re quick to condemn others for voicing an opinion. But why not offer your own? The situation has changed markedly since Brexit I think we’re in a third stage - 1. May pursues hard Brexit 2. Loses majority, forced to give up 3. Under pressure again by hard Brexiteers to toughen stance - whether it will cause her downfall is now the question.

I think you'll find I have condemned no-one. I simply made a point that all this thread has done is gone around in circles. Obviously you are a dyed in the wood Labour and I am dyed in the wool Tory. A bit like one of us supporting BWFC and someone else supporting ManUre. I do think we should just crack on.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 26 of 50]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 38 ... 50  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum