Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views.

+35
karlypants
Norpig
Sluffy
Whitesince63
Hip Priest
Ten Bobsworth
Banks of the Croal
sunlight
BoltonTillIDie
wanderlust
luckyPeterpiper
boltonbonce
Bolton Nuts
Nigelbwfc
wessy
RustyNail
rammywhite
Cajunboy
Angry Dad
Boggersbelief
observer
Copper Dragon
Leeds_Trotter
MartinBWFC
gloswhite
DEANO82
Growler
okocha
Bread2.0
Chairmanda
Bollotom2014
Reebok Trotter
Kane57
Fabians Right Peg
terenceanne
39 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 40 ... 50  Next

Go down  Message [Page 31 of 50]

601OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. - Page 31 Empty Re: OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. Fri Jun 19 2020, 16:31

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:Just read this article about Marcus Rashford, what a great example and role model he is turning into.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53096253
Isn't this a refreshing change from the usual fodder of overpaid young footballers behaving like knobheads? Heartening.

Loving the avatar BTW Smile

602OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. - Page 31 Empty Re: OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. Fri Jun 19 2020, 16:40

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig, was the last avatar of that bloke who used to paint on TV in the 90's?

603OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. - Page 31 Empty Re: OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. Fri Jun 19 2020, 17:21

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:Norpig, was the last avatar of that bloke who used to paint on TV in the 90's?
Rolf Harris? 

Probably Bob Ross. Very Happy

604OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. - Page 31 Empty Re: OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. Fri Jun 19 2020, 17:23

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:
karlypants wrote:Norpig, was the last avatar of that bloke who used to paint on TV in the 90's?
Rolf Harris? 

Probably Bob Ross. Very Happy

That's the one Bonce! Very Happy

605OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. - Page 31 Empty Re: OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. Fri Jun 19 2020, 17:23

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

KP's avatar is offensive.

606OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. - Page 31 Empty Re: OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. Fri Jun 19 2020, 17:24

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:KP's avatar is offensive.

Is it because his willy is bigger than yours? Very Happy

607OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. - Page 31 Empty Re: OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. Sat Jun 20 2020, 14:15

Found the matches until the United game depressing more than anything else. Fake noise, slow teams and no atmosphere. United game was better though and I’ve enjoyed Watford Leicester. Anyone else watched any football? Crowd noise or no?

608OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. - Page 31 Empty Re: OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. Sat Jun 20 2020, 14:18

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

No crowd noise for me. I see enough fake news as it is. It just sounds like they're at an unrelated event.

609OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. - Page 31 Empty Re: OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. Sat Jun 20 2020, 16:49

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:

Is it because his willy is bigger than yours? Very Happy
That's very harsh. I've seen the statue of Priappus in the Greek museum and it's about a foot tall so the willy is an inch or so at best.

610OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. - Page 31 Empty Re: OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. Sat Jun 20 2020, 16:56

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:No crowd noise for me. I see enough fake news as it is. It just sounds like they're at an unrelated event
What a job though - pressing the "near miss" or "crowd gets excited" buttons - although it does seem they only have 5 or so buttons to choose from.

611OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. - Page 31 Empty Re: OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. Sat Jun 20 2020, 17:37

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:
What a job though - pressing the "near miss" or "crowd gets excited" buttons - although it does seem they only have 5 or so buttons to choose from.
Imagine it in action at the Unibol. They wouldn't need five buttons.

612OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. - Page 31 Empty Re: OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. Tue Jun 30 2020, 15:24

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I see Northampton went up last night from the league 2 play-off final. Our old friend Moxey hasn't mellowed for Exeter and was sent off for a nasty tackle. I'm sure he'll get a great reception back at the Unibol next season if fans are allowed back  Very Happy

613OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. - Page 31 Empty Re: OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. Tue Jun 30 2020, 18:33

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:I see Northampton went up last night from the league 2 play-off final. Our old friend Moxey hasn't mellowed for Exeter and was sent off for a nasty tackle. I'm sure he'll get a great reception back at the Unibol next season if fans are allowed back  Very Happy
I watched it to try to remember what sort of standard we'll be up against and came to the conclusion that the team we had last year would be fine in this league, probably play off standard.
Unfortunately we don't have the team we had last year so I'm hoping that the money to replace those leaving hasn't already been spent on the manager and some magic beans.

614OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. - Page 31 Empty Re: OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. Sat Jul 18 2020, 14:03

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Looks increasingly like the Baggies are doing they best to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory after losing to Huddersfield yesterday on the back of two successive draws They were in the box seat for so long but now they've opened the door for Brentford who are on a roll. That said Brentford are losing to Stoke when a win would take them past the baggies and into the automatic spot for automatic promotion to the prem.
Updated: After a string on wins on the bounce, Brentford finally fall at the last hurdle. Baggies have it back in their hands.

615OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. - Page 31 Empty Re: OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. Sun Jul 19 2020, 14:57

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Incredible that Huddersfield have sacked golden boy Cowley - especially after they beat West Brom and pretty much secured their survival. When he arrived from Lincoln H'field were bottom the league and hadn't won any of their first six games.
And to think clubs were queuing up to get Cowley.

616OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. - Page 31 Empty Re: OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. Sun Jul 19 2020, 15:04

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:Incredible that Huddersfield have sacked golden boy Cowley - especially after they beat West Brom and pretty much secured their survival. When he arrived from Lincoln H'field were bottom the league and hadn't won any of their first six games.
And to think clubs were queuing up to get Cowley.
Bit harsh in my opinion, but I don't know what's gone on behind the scenes. Clubs want success, and they want it yesterday.
Success is built, not conjured out of thin air.

617OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. - Page 31 Empty Re: OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. Sun Jul 19 2020, 15:07

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

BT saying Nigel Pearson has just been sacked as well  Shocked

I'll bet knowing Pearson he's blown his top at someone high up in the club, why else do it now?

618OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. - Page 31 Empty Re: OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. Sun Jul 19 2020, 15:25

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:BT saying Nigel Pearson has just been sacked as well  Shocked

I'll bet knowing Pearson he's blown his top at someone high up in the club, why else do it now?
Third Watford sacking this season, isn't it?

619OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. - Page 31 Empty Re: OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. Sun Jul 19 2020, 16:38

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Always thought Pearson was a cracking manager and never got the credit for saving Leicester and building the team that won the Prem.
Signing Vardy and Mahrez from obscurity were strokes of genius IMO plus he left behind a winning and fearless team.
The one decent signing that Ranieri made was Kante but the rest were pants and winning the title was 90% down to Pearson's groundwork IMO.
Would have liked him to come to us when Parky moved on as he was doing nowt for a while - and having been given the bum's rush again it wouldn't surprise me if he now turns his back on footie.

620OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. - Page 31 Empty Re: OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. Sun Jul 19 2020, 16:45

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:Always thought Pearson was a cracking manager and never got the credit for saving Leicester and building the team that won the Prem.
Signing Vardy and Mahrez from obscurity were strokes of genius IMO plus he left behind a winning and fearless team.
The one decent signing that Ranieri made was Kante but the rest were pants and winning the title was 90% down to Pearson's groundwork IMO.
Would have liked him to come to us when Parky moved on as he was doing nowt for a while - and having been given the bum's rush again it wouldn't surprise me if he now turns his back on footie.
Pearson has always struck me as a man far too fond of smelling his own socks. I steer clear of people like that.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 31 of 50]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 40 ... 50  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum