Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Help the forum - we need to remove the ads - can you contribute?

+9
Angry Dad
BoltonTillIDie
Norpig
gloswhite
wanderlust
boltonbonce
Natasha Whittam
karlypants
Bread2.0
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 6]

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I hardly use Nuts when I'm at work due to the amount of adverts. I'm sure others are the same.

The answer is very simple, put some pennies in the meter you mod bellends.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Norpig wrote:Anyone else getting a pop-up advert at the bottom of their screen? Its really annoying and even worse it keeps showing me a JD sports advert with lots of ladies in bikinis! Not really good for work  Very Happy

No pop ups for me?

Natasha Whittam wrote:I hardly use Nuts when I'm at work due to the amount of adverts. I'm sure others are the same.

The answer is very simple, put some pennies in the meter you mod bellends.

Very few adverts on my screen.

I agree though I've always been happy to fund the site which basically meant keeping adverts off here.

However the last time the money ran out, I was sick to death having to deal with people who were clearly on some sort of a personal mission against me, the site having turned toxic, and the site possibly/probably not even lasting another twelve months, so for once I held back from immediately putting my hand in my pocket.

No one either from behind the scenes or on the form seemed to want to step up and take my place in paying, and no one really complained about the adverts, so we are where we are now.

I'm no longer willing to lob in a further £100 or whatever it is now because quite frankly it isn't worth it.  Forums are a thing of the past and even when WW 'crashed' for a couple of weeks very few off there bothered to use here until it was back on its feet again.

I'm sorry if the adverts are inconveniencing a few.

Just a thought though, I used to pay for two stage advert removal, being a sum to remove the adverts for members and a further payment to remove the adverts for guests - I'm wondering if you both are viewing Nuts as 'guests' whilst at work and maybe that is why you are seeing more adverts than what I see being logged in as a member?

It might be worth a try to see if there is any difference perhaps?

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I've offered to chip in in the past for things like this and i'm sure a few others would as well.

I am logged in as Norpig but at work i presume there is no ad blocker installed.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Norpig wrote:I've offered to chip in in the past for things like this and i'm sure a few others would as well.

I am logged in as Norpig but at work i presume there is no ad blocker installed.

Well in that case we need BTID to tell us what the present costs are for removing adverts and we will see how people feel about the costs and whether they want to help with them.

Over to BTID then.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm not seeing any ads.

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The cost to remove Ads for Members is £45.20 a year
The cost to remove Ads for Members & Guests is £53.50 a year

I personally think the forum provider takes the p!ss with these prices and would prefer to move to another provider, however, we would lose all historical posts!

However if you want to contribute to removing ads then those are the costs. I can set up a link to my paypal so I can go on holiday purchase the required credits.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I only see ads if I use my iPhone. On my Chrome browser Adguard keeps them all away.

https://adguard.com/en/adguard-browser-extension/overview.html

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

BoltonTillIDie wrote:The cost to remove Ads for Members is £45.20 a year
The cost to remove Ads for Members & Guests is £53.50 a year

I personally think the forum provider takes the p!ss with these prices and would prefer to move to another provider, however, we would lose all historical posts!

However if you want to contribute to removing ads then those are the costs.  I can set up a link to my paypal so I can go on holiday purchase the required credits.
Count me in for a fiver at least 

Help the forum - we need to remove the ads - can you contribute? - Page 3 200.gif?cid=a87a70e603azg6jawocs9vof46b5frpio7kv2qv7p2j4ss4k&rid=200

y2johnny

y2johnny
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Help the forum - we need to remove the ads - can you contribute? - Page 3 200.gif?cid=a87a70e6ndzy2nk41xfo7r47xczrbmn825n4vn2azifomsgy&rid=200

Sent

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Thanks Y2johnny! Very generous!

y2johnny

y2johnny
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

No probs, that's how much I hate ads :rofl:

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Has Johnny paid the whole amount? Bloody showoff!  Laughing

Help the forum - we need to remove the ads - can you contribute? - Page 3 200.gif?cid=a87a70e6jnkbnhxqub243c6uknwgumeo3z0gy0esmly5k0c4&rid=200

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Fair play to you Johnny thank you.

The amount hasn't been covered in full - I'm trying to avoid saying how much Johnny chipped in as that's for him to say (or not) if he wants too.

If others want to chip in then please do so but you are under no obligation to do so.

Tbh I'm not exactly sure how you do donate though, presumably there is a link to the Paypal site somewhere on here (but I can'y seem to find it) so maybe BTID can post one up here please for peoples convenience?

Many thanks to all - particularly to Johnny.

y2johnny

y2johnny
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Norpig wrote:Has Johnny paid the whole amount? Bloody showoff!  Laughing

Help the forum - we need to remove the ads - can you contribute? - Page 3 200.gif?cid=a87a70e6jnkbnhxqub243c6uknwgumeo3z0gy0esmly5k0c4&rid=200

Got to keep my favourite nhs worker ad free Smile

y2johnny

y2johnny
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Sluffy wrote:Fair play to you Johnny thank you.

The amount hasn't been covered in full - I'm trying to avoid saying how much Johnny chipped in as that's for him to say (or not) if he wants too.

If others want to chip in then please do so but you are under no obligation to do so.

Tbh I'm not exactly sure how you do donate though, presumably there is a link to the Paypal site somewhere on here (but I can't seem to find it) so maybe BTID can post one up here please for peoples convenience?

Many thanks to all - particularly to Johnny.

No problem 😊

y2johnny

y2johnny
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

In PayPal you have a username which is like a twitter handle. I knew btids from using it in the past and I just typed it in to the search who you want to send it to. Make sure it is friends and family as nothing gets taken off then. @bicky is the name

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The link is here for anyone who would like to donate (remember as Friends & Family)

https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/bicky

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

y2johnny wrote:In PayPal you have a username which is like a twitter handle.  I knew btids from using it in the past and I just typed it in to the search who you want to send it to.  Make sure it is friends and family as nothing gets taken off then.  @bicky is the name

:like:

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think someone’s sent a donation in error. The note said to send slippers in a plain wrapper!

y2johnny

y2johnny
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

BoltonTillIDie wrote:I think someone’s sent a donation in error.  The note said to send slippers in a plain wrapper!

:rofl:

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum