Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Burnley 2-0 Bolton

+30
Quoncy
Michael Bolton
rammywhite
Spillthebeans
yesbutno
Bolton Nuts
inf
gloswhite
Lofty_Love
Copper Dragon
Reebok_Rebel
WhiteBic
Numpty 28723
Angry Dad
Sluffy
JonnyRandom
wanderlust
Hipster_Nebula
jayjay23
Hip Priest
terenceanne
Natasha Whittam
mark leach
chipbutty
largehat
Keegan
xmiles
aaron_bwfc
bwfc71
BoltonTillIDie
34 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 11 of 11]

201Burnley 2-0 Bolton - Page 11 Empty Re: Burnley 2-0 Bolton Sat Aug 18 2012, 22:29

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Well....il put it down as a blip ....this time, if we dont rip the fuck out of forest and derby at the bok...i.may think otherwise...

202Burnley 2-0 Bolton - Page 11 Empty Re: Burnley 2-0 Bolton Sat Aug 18 2012, 22:43

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Reebok_Rebel wrote:10 games.... 3 games more like!
3 is stretching it a bit, we know what coyle is capable of for fucks sake gartside get rid now. This is humiliating.

203Burnley 2-0 Bolton - Page 11 Empty Re: Burnley 2-0 Bolton Sat Aug 18 2012, 22:48

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

bwfc71 wrote:
doffcocker wrote:I think a lot of teams will go to Turf Moor this season and win comfortably. We gave them a criminal amount of time and space on the ball and they capitalised. For the first 15 minutes, it was difficult to imagine us not winning. It was all Bolton and they weren't getting a kick. Once they got into it, there was no stopping them - not necessarily because they were just that dangerous on the attack but because we were just that sloppy and disorganised. Call me a bad sport, but we made a mediocre Championship side look excellent.

It would be nice to think today was just a bad day and all we lacked is the right mentality. Unfortunately, I think it's more that we don't have that edge in quality over the other 23 teams that a lot of people assumed we would.

Thankfully I was one of the few realistic ones and never assumed we had the edge - there are far too many quality teams in The Championship and our team of last season, never mind the poresent squad, are just not good enough - either that or Coyle is a fuckwit and never learns - personlly speaking I would go with the latter.
He is a fuckwit, look at his fuckwit grin.

204Burnley 2-0 Bolton - Page 11 Empty Re: Burnley 2-0 Bolton Sat Aug 18 2012, 23:00

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Natasha Whittam wrote:There are so many things wrong with this team put together by Owen Coyle. Can't defend, no midfielder who can pass two yards, strikers that are fat and uninterested, absolutely no passion whatsoever. But the biggest problem with this bunch of ponces is they can't even do the basics rights.

Most of them can't control a ball, none of them have the ability to hold onto the ball, there is no movement, and on the rare occasion we get in the opposition box we can't even shoot straight.

Now Coyle can shove his bullshit about "positives" and "moving on" up his arse, it's a disgrace that he's managed to put together so many pisspoor footballers in one team. This team will never win anything, even fucking Ferguson or Wenger couldn't make this bunch of wankers a football team.

Coyle should be removed from the club right now, he should not be allowed to take us down another division. After 18 months of shit performances how many more do Gartside/Eddie Davies need to see before they get rid of fanny Coyle?

FUCK OFF COYLE.
Fucking spot on coyle is a fucking idiot.

205Burnley 2-0 Bolton - Page 11 Empty Re: Burnley 2-0 Bolton Sat Aug 18 2012, 23:17

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

largehat wrote:Oh I still think we have an edge in quality over most of the rest of the division - this is why the bookmakers (not pundits - bookmakers, who make their money out of these things) had us as favourites.

When are you going to stop making excuses for this shower of shite? They can't do the basics right, how can they have any quality?

Our "£5m Swansea target" was, once again, totally fucking useless. Losing the ball, passing to Burnley, then going missing for 15 minutes at a time.

Zat Knight. What a tosser. Shitest defender since, well, ever. What is the fucking point of signing Mick Mills for good money and SITTING HIM ON THE FUCKING BENCH??!!

Tyler Mears, what a useless twat. Clearly a Burnley plant, it is the only explanation.

COYLE OUT!

206Burnley 2-0 Bolton - Page 11 Empty Re: Burnley 2-0 Bolton Sat Aug 18 2012, 23:25

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

HM, you're right that this team sometimes 'pass and move', but they have a slightly diferent interpretation of the tactic. They call it 'kick and run'

207Burnley 2-0 Bolton - Page 11 Empty Re: Burnley 2-0 Bolton Sat Aug 18 2012, 23:25

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:
When are you going to stop making excuses for this shower of shite? They can't do the basics right, how can they have any quality?

I haven't made any excuses in any of my posts, put the bloody prawn sandwich down and read my posts properly before going off on one about something I've not said.

Same old soundbytes from you Natasha, same old.

208Burnley 2-0 Bolton - Page 11 Empty Re: Burnley 2-0 Bolton Sat Aug 18 2012, 23:27

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

largehat wrote:

I haven't made any excuses in any of my posts, put the bloody prawn sandwich down and read my posts properly before going off on one about something I've not said.

You've basically said you're going to back the manager for 10 games, then call for his head if we haven't improved.

209Burnley 2-0 Bolton - Page 11 Empty Re: Burnley 2-0 Bolton Sat Aug 18 2012, 23:28

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Nat, they may be the same old soundbites, but they're the ones we are all repeating. What else can we do, when the team, manager, tactics, and everythying else, are exactly the same as our last disasterous season ?

210Burnley 2-0 Bolton - Page 11 Empty Re: Burnley 2-0 Bolton Sat Aug 18 2012, 23:33

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:
largehat wrote:

You've basically said you're going to back the manager for 10 games, then call for his head if we haven't improved.

What's that got to do with "making excuses" which you're accusing me of?

Surely my last but one post, in which I talk about the quality of the players, actually gives them even less excuse for today's performance?

Back to the drawing board, Natasha. You need some new lines for your stand up routine. You've got nothing new to say.

211Burnley 2-0 Bolton - Page 11 Empty Re: Burnley 2-0 Bolton Sun Aug 19 2012, 00:21

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Terrible showing, BUT, its the first game, and not an easy one. Our first game last season wasn't exactly a great basis to judge the rest on was it. Im going to reserve judgement until the next two home games are over... but I do expect 6 points from them.

I agree with Largehat about the team, most of our players are top quality for the Championship, and it was even obvious in this match, on an actual technical level:

Sordell, Chungy and Eagles in particular.

Unfortunately individuals let us down, and Andrews was left doing the work of two men in midfield..

Mark Davies is shite for us, why people keep defending him I don't know, worst player on the pitch today, wouldn't even know he was playing, £8,000,000 would be fantastic money for him.

But if, and its a big IF, we can get a strong midfielder in, and play either N'gog and Sordell/Afobe up front we will be a good team.

As we are now though id love to see this formation on Tuesday:

-----------Sordell-----------

-Wylde-----Eagles-----Chungy-

--------Andrews--Pratley-----

-Ricketts--Ream---Mills-Mears-

-----------Bogdan------------

Eagles is a very good attacking midfielder, far better than he his a winger. Him, Chungy and Sordell could link up fantastically, I pick Wylde over Petrov because Petrovs best attribute is his crossing, which for some reason we seem to not try to do at all (leaving Davies basically redundant as netting those are his only attribute, since holding up play, without being able to pass, is useless) and just take the harder option of going through the middle..

Conclusions:

Davies - impact sub, can't pass and when his style should be effective, i.e. when the opposition is tired, hes already totally knackered.

M.Davies - so overrated, theres a reason people can remember his stand out performances from last year, since he only had about 3... sell him and get a defensive mid.

Knight - Don't care, don't like him, don't like his attitude, one of the reasons were in this division, don't want him on the pitch.

212Burnley 2-0 Bolton - Page 11 Empty Re: Burnley 2-0 Bolton Sun Aug 19 2012, 00:24

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

wanderlust wrote:
bwfc1874 wrote:Most worrying thing isn't the result though, it's the formation and personnel.. again.

Soon as I saw the teamsheet I was worried, how can he not see we get dominated in midfield every fucking time he plays 4-4-2 and Mark Davies? It's staggering.

4-2-3-1 is slowly growing in the English game, I wish Coyle would open his eyes and set us up like that, with the players we have it fit's perfectly. We start every match at a disadvantage as it is.

Totally agree with most of this. Our midfield today was lightweight and couldn't win - or even participate in - "personal battles". However the problem runs deeper than that. Our back 4 is susceptible to crosses - not necessarily a problem if there's a defence minded midfield stopping crosses , tracking runners and helping out where needed. Ours don't.
But OC feels our attack minded midfielders can do damage and make teams think twice about attacking in numbers and whilst there were a few good moves, there was no end product and for the most part, a lot of wasted balls and possession.
Which invariably means teams will attack us - a lot - and we will continue to concede.
Mavies, CYL, Petrov, Wylde etc are OK - not brilliant, but OK going forward, but they can't defend for toffee.
And with a shaky back 4, which problem does OC - or a new manager - deal with first?
Given that we aren't splashing the cash as yet, I think there's only one sensible solution with the players we've got and that's to play a back 5.
Stick Sam in the middle with any 2 of Mills, Ream or Knight and put a pacy LB on - maybe Alonso. Give the FBs a bit more licence to push on, but always have the back door shut.
OC likes width but if we concede the central midfield any more, we'll get stuffed every game so he should try to get it from the FBs rather than have 2 wingers - just play one with licence to roam. Sordell on his own but with Ngog or Mavies behind him and complete the mid 4 with our best 2 ballwinners if we have any.
It's a flexible system if you make the FBs do attack and defence but there will always plenty of cover to deal with breaks.
Should get us through until we either get Holden back or we sign some midfield strength.
I agree totally with all of that, clearly you have a better mindset than that fookin Scottish plank currently masquerading as a football manager.

213Burnley 2-0 Bolton - Page 11 Empty Re: Burnley 2-0 Bolton Sun Aug 19 2012, 13:08

Numpty 28723

Numpty 28723
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

A shit team is a shit team is a shit team, be it in the Premier League, Championship or friendly game against a Scottish lower league side. And this is one hell of a bad team Coyle's created.

Crap defending, non-existent midfield and a bunch of forwards hardly capable of getting a shot on target. Where do you start to describe how bad that was yesterday? It's embarrassing. Tell me this is how it's going to be for the next 45 games and I'll just slash my wrists now.

The only good thing was missing a lot of it due to a fucking great pillar being in the way and standing behind the world's tallest woman.

Coyle - we've had to suffer this garbage for the last eighteen months now and enough's enough. Shit or get off the pot!

214Burnley 2-0 Bolton - Page 11 Empty Re: Burnley 2-0 Bolton Sun Aug 19 2012, 14:27

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Lofty_Love wrote:
I agree with Largehat about the team, most of our players are top quality for the Championship, and it was even obvious in this match, on an actual technical level:

But they can't (didn't) do the basics.

Pass and move and the basics of positional defending.

I'm not writing them off after one game, I'm just pointing out the obvious, unless they get a grasp on the basics quickly they won't be worrying the top 6

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 11 of 11]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum