Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton 0-1 Birmingham

+13
Kane57
Norpig
Natasha Whittam
Sluffy
doffcocker
DEANO82
finlaymcdanger
wanderlust
boltonbonce
rammywhite
karlypants
gloswhite
MartinBWFC
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

21Bolton 0-1 Birmingham - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Birmingham Sun Apr 01 2018, 16:37

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Wondering if Obasi will finally make an appearance on Tuesday? Totally underwhelmed with Clough since his return (wasn't that excited about him before he left TBH!) and Wilbraham isn't really doing the business, so I'd have thought Parky would at least give him a chance even if it's from the bench.
Either way, I think we need more pace than we had on the field at Leeds.

22Bolton 0-1 Birmingham - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Birmingham Sun Apr 01 2018, 23:10

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

wanderlust wrote:Wondering if Obasi will finally make an appearance on Tuesday? Totally underwhelmed with Clough since his return (wasn't that excited about him before he left TBH!) and Wilbraham isn't really doing the business, so I'd have thought Parky would at least give him a chance even if it's from the bench.
Obasi was signed by the Andersons so no we won't see him in action, Parkinson is not only a wank manager, but also a stubborn fucker too.

23Bolton 0-1 Birmingham - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Birmingham Mon Apr 02 2018, 14:34

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Brum are bringing 5,000. Should be quite a night. 2-1 Whites.

24Bolton 0-1 Birmingham - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Birmingham Mon Apr 02 2018, 14:43

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It will be a close game but the trotters will snatch it by one goal.

2-1 or a 3-2 thriller! 

I wouldn’t have minded going to this but the time is a bit naff.

25Bolton 0-1 Birmingham - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Birmingham Mon Apr 02 2018, 15:52

MartinBWFC wrote:
wanderlust wrote:Wondering if Obasi will finally make an appearance on Tuesday? Totally underwhelmed with Clough since his return (wasn't that excited about him before he left TBH!) and Wilbraham isn't really doing the business, so I'd have thought Parky would at least give him a chance even if it's from the bench.
Obasi was signed by the Andersons so no we won't see him in action, Parkinson is not only a wank manager, but also a stubborn fucker too.

Clearly you feel Parkinson isn’t getting enough out of the team, but you fail to answer whenever asked - where should this team be? Which players are underperforming?

26Bolton 0-1 Birmingham - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Birmingham Mon Apr 02 2018, 17:00

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

The other results have not gone too badly for us today- Burton get a point but Sunderland got nothing from their game. Beat Birmingham and we're almost certainly OK- even a draw would be useful. But, to quote a certain Sir Alex, it really is squeaky bum time.

27Bolton 0-1 Birmingham - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Birmingham Mon Apr 02 2018, 17:08

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We'll lose tomorrow, I am convinced. We're playing B'ham at the worst possible time.

I hope Parky proves me wrong, but if I see Buckley on the teamsheet again I'll go and watch Peter Rabbit at the cinema instead.

28Bolton 0-1 Birmingham - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Birmingham Mon Apr 02 2018, 17:09

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

T.R.O.Y wrote:
MartinBWFC wrote:

Clearly you feel Parkinson isn’t getting enough out of the team, but you fail to answer whenever asked - where should this team be? Which players are underperforming?
From my perspective, Parky definitely has limited options, but within what he's got to choose from he seems to make some strange decisions, for example picking our two slowest backs to play against Leeds who have a couple of the quickest wide men in the division - which resulted in Taylor in particular getting fleeced all game leading to both goals and the majority of their chances. Then he reverted to throwing on Wilbraham as front man which hasn't really worked all season and Clough who has done nothing for months, either with us or Forest. Meanwhile, a striker with pace to burn and a decent scoring record doesn't even make the bench.
I think Parky has done well to get our noses slightly ahead of the pack - especially given where we were - but that means very little at the business end of the season when "surprise results" such as Sunderland beating Derby always seem to crop up. 
We could argue the toss about systems, however my biggest concern is player motivation and it was disappointing to see the lack of concentration and effort that cost us at Leeds.
One small consolation is Boro grabbing a 90th minute equaliser against Burton this afternoon, but I reckon a bigger concern is Barnsley and our away game against them in a fortnight could be crucial if we don't get the better of Birmingham. Still plenty of points on offer though and we'll see how it pans out, but I do still have a few concerns for our safety - and probably will have until we cross the line.

29Bolton 0-1 Birmingham - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Birmingham Mon Apr 02 2018, 17:40

Hernandez one of the fastest in the division?! Come on now Lust!

Lassoga bustled his way past Buckley for the first, nothing to do with Taylor who was inside. Second goal he could have got closer to Saiz, but Alnwick made a mess of the drive IMO. Neither incidents would be described as being fleeced though? Personally I prefer Robinson, can see why Parky feels Taylor is a better defender though.

Motivation? This is largely the same group of players who scrapped their way up last year, there’s also strong evidence in the press about the respect players have for Parky - see Wheaters comments. I think you have to take motivation across more than one game to determine if it’s an issue, doubt you were saying similar after the Villa game for instance.

30Bolton 0-1 Birmingham - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Birmingham Mon Apr 02 2018, 18:18

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

T.R.O.Y wrote:Hernandez one of the fastest in the division?! Come on now Lust!

Lassoga bustled his way past Buckley for the first, nothing to do with Taylor who was inside. Second goal he could have got closer to Saiz, but Alnwick made a mess of the drive IMO. Neither incidents would be described as being fleeced though? Personally I prefer Robinson, can see why Parky feels Taylor is a better defender though.

Motivation? This is largely the same group of players who scrapped their way up last year, there’s also strong evidence in the press about the respect players have for Parky - see Wheaters comments. I think you have to take motivation across more than one game to determine if it’s an issue, doubt you were saying similar after the Villa game for instance.
My granny's faster than Taylor and she's been dead for 40 years. All their best attacks came down our left.
As for motivation, you hit on the key issue. They were definitely up for the Villa game and generally I do think they are more up for games against the higher teams, but as soon as we start to make progress for whatever reason, there seems to be a drop off especially against less salubrious teams.
They should be treating every game like a cup final but I suspect they read the media crap too much and that Parky isn't beating it out of them or firing them up so they are on their game from the first minute.
Brum is seen as a pressure game so I imagine they'll come out of the traps flying for this one but that should be happening every game.

31Bolton 0-1 Birmingham - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Birmingham Mon Apr 02 2018, 18:48

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Can't make the game tomorrow night as there are no trains after the match and my usual lift back to Salford Crescent is away, bloody gutted to be missing this game and i'm seriously fucked off with the never ending rail works  Mad

32Bolton 0-1 Birmingham - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Birmingham Mon Apr 02 2018, 18:55

Don’t agree with you on motivation, saw it under Lennon, Coyle and Freedman at various points, haven’t seen it under Parky so far - having said that I haven’t been to a game for a few weeks - were you at Leeds?

33Bolton 0-1 Birmingham - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Birmingham Tue Apr 03 2018, 01:59

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

T.R.O.Y wrote:Don’t agree with you on motivation, saw it under Lennon, Coyle and Freedman at various points, haven’t seen it under Parky so far - having said that I haven’t been to a game for a few weeks - were you at Leeds?
I wasn't - the game was live online - with replays, but I hope you're right.

34Bolton 0-1 Birmingham - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Birmingham Tue Apr 03 2018, 13:46

Well you saw more of the game than me then so fair enough mate. I just haven’t felt at any point under Parky that motivation is an issue, and at such a crucial time of the season I’d be very disappointed if it crept in now.

35Bolton 0-1 Birmingham - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Birmingham Tue Apr 03 2018, 14:28

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

T.R.O.Y wrote: I just haven’t felt at any point under Parky that motivation is an issue, and at such a crucial time of the season I’d be very disappointed if it crept in now.
Maybe it's just me then, but I have felt that they seem more up for it when we are playing a top team or our league position looks more precarious than when we have breathing space and the media is blowing smoke up their arses.

36Bolton 0-1 Birmingham - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Birmingham Tue Apr 03 2018, 16:22

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Seeing as Northern trains have ruined my evening again, anyone know of any live streams that may be on later?

37Bolton 0-1 Birmingham - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Birmingham Tue Apr 03 2018, 16:41

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:Seeing as Northern trains have ruined my evening again, anyone know of any live streams that may be on later?
It looks like it’s just Radio Nuts unfortunately.

38Bolton 0-1 Birmingham - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Birmingham Tue Apr 03 2018, 17:37

Kane57

Kane57
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Hate busy matches. Much prefer it quiet so I can get off easily afterwards

39Bolton 0-1 Birmingham - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Birmingham Tue Apr 03 2018, 17:42

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Kane57 wrote:Hate busy matches. Much prefer it quiet so I can get off easily afterwards
A bit selfish.

You must be Bolton’s most boring fan. Very Happy

40Bolton 0-1 Birmingham - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Birmingham Tue Apr 03 2018, 18:27

Kane57

Kane57
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Course it's selfish it's a post about what I like

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum