Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Summer transfer window 2018

+16
rammywhite
boltonbonce
Tungsten3
wanderlust
MartinBWFC
Sluffy
Boggersbelief
Natasha Whittam
luckyPeterpiper
wessy
y2johnny
DEANO82
BoltonTillIDie
Norpig
terenceanne
Leeds_Trotter
20 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 7]

41Summer transfer window 2018 - Page 3 Empty Re: Summer transfer window 2018 Thu Jun 14 2018, 13:47

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

CYL, Anichebe and Flanagan are three players who will need a massive upturn in form - and possibly fitness - if they are to compete in the Championship next year. They're another group of ageing players who have lost their way and it's a huge gamble to take all three on at the same time as they would constitute a fair old percentage of the total wage bill leaving few options if it didn't work out. 
That said if they all got near the form they once had we could end up with a side that won't struggle as badly as we did last year. Hardly ambitious signings if this turns out to be true IMO, but I live in hope they'll come good.
Glad Chris Taylor has moved on though - he really was dead weight.

42Summer transfer window 2018 - Page 3 Empty Re: Summer transfer window 2018 Thu Jun 14 2018, 14:04

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Isn't Flanagan like 24/25

43Summer transfer window 2018 - Page 3 Empty Re: Summer transfer window 2018 Thu Jun 14 2018, 14:31

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:Isn't Flanagan like 24/25
Yep he's 25.

44Summer transfer window 2018 - Page 3 Empty Re: Summer transfer window 2018 Thu Jun 14 2018, 14:35

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I personally think Flanagan has talent but he's not shown it consistently. If he DOES wind up here he'll definitely need to up his game in that respect but assuming he can I think it's a decent signing. Has there been any word on whether or not we're even talking to him though? As I understand it he's been released by Liverpool but we haven't entered into any talks with him as yet.

45Summer transfer window 2018 - Page 3 Empty Re: Summer transfer window 2018 Thu Jun 14 2018, 14:50

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He was absolute crap for us, why on earth would Parky sign Twatface?

46Summer transfer window 2018 - Page 3 Empty Re: Summer transfer window 2018 Sun Jun 17 2018, 19:33

Tungsten3

Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

A no from me on CYL.

He was coasting until lennon managed to get the best out of him for a season.
One of the few good things lennon did.

His time has gone now time to move on.

47Summer transfer window 2018 - Page 3 Empty Re: Summer transfer window 2018 Sun Jun 17 2018, 20:39

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Tungsten3 wrote:A no from me on CYL.

He was coasting until lennon managed to get the best out of him for a season.
One of the few good things lennon did.

His time has gone now time to move on.
I agree and he made some horrendous misjudgements when he started at Palace which is why he never cemented a place there. No surprise when he didn't make the S Korea World Cup squad however he is an average Championship player and if he's on average wages he could be an average signing, but I suspect his agent would be asking for too much.

48Summer transfer window 2018 - Page 3 Empty Re: Summer transfer window 2018 Sun Jun 17 2018, 21:12

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:I agree and he made some horrendous misjudgements when he started at Palace which is why he never cemented a place there. No surprise when he didn't make the S Korea World Cup squad however he is an average Championship player and if he's on average wages he could be an average signing, but I suspect his agent would be asking for too much.

If we signed an average Championship player then he'd be our best player.

But you make your judgement based on what? He's hardly kicked a ball since he left us. So unless you've moved your armchair onto his patio I don't understand how you can claim to know how good he is or isn't.

49Summer transfer window 2018 - Page 3 Empty Re: Summer transfer window 2018 Sun Jun 17 2018, 21:15

Ye got to agree with Nat. He didn’t get in a palace team with some great wingers already there and a team set up to play with on the counter with pace. Can’t write him off for failing to get into a mid table team.

50Summer transfer window 2018 - Page 3 Empty Re: Summer transfer window 2018 Sun Jun 17 2018, 21:18

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'd consider the signing of Chung Lee a major step in the right direction. Fook me, we'd have two creative players on the books, which is two more than the last 3 seasons.

51Summer transfer window 2018 - Page 3 Empty Re: Summer transfer window 2018 Wed Jun 20 2018, 10:33

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Is anyone else worried we still don't seem to have much of a squad? The first pre-season game isn't that far away, do we have enough to field a team? We need players in now so they get a full pre-season not right before the season starts.

52Summer transfer window 2018 - Page 3 Empty Re: Summer transfer window 2018 Wed Jun 20 2018, 10:51

Leeds_Trotter

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Norpig wrote:Is anyone else worried we still don't seem to have much of a squad? The first pre-season game isn't that far away, do we have enough to field a team? We need players in now so they get a full pre-season not right before the season starts.

I reckon we'll call the trialist family in again.

53Summer transfer window 2018 - Page 3 Empty Re: Summer transfer window 2018 Wed Jun 20 2018, 10:59

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I went to the Stockport pre-season game last year and that had quite a few trialists in the team. Didn't we have one game when nearly all the team were listed as trialists last year?

54Summer transfer window 2018 - Page 3 Empty Re: Summer transfer window 2018 Wed Jun 20 2018, 11:09

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:I went to the Stockport pre-season game last year and that had quite a few trialists in the team. Didn't we have one game when nearly all the team were listed as trialists last year?
I was one of them. Lasted 70 minutes,and made 2 assists. Only had to come off because one of the arms on my glasses came off.
I'm available.

55Summer transfer window 2018 - Page 3 Empty Re: Summer transfer window 2018 Wed Jun 20 2018, 11:23

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:I was one of them. Lasted 70 minutes,and made 2 assists. Only had to come off because one of the arms on my glasses came off.
I'm available.

You're not getting another chance, you made Will Buckley look like Ronaldo.

56Summer transfer window 2018 - Page 3 Empty Re: Summer transfer window 2018 Wed Jun 20 2018, 11:31

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
boltonbonce wrote:I was one of them. Lasted 70 minutes,and made 2 assists. Only had to come off because one of the arms on my glasses came off.
I'm available.

You're not getting another chance, you made Will Buckley look like Ronaldo.
I was 64 at the time. Cut me some slack.

Can't believe you managed to get Ronaldo and Buckley into the same sentence.

57Summer transfer window 2018 - Page 3 Empty Re: Summer transfer window 2018 Wed Jun 20 2018, 12:29

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Anyone know anything about this lad Jo Pritchard who we've apparently signed from Spurs. He's 21 and therefore can't really be one for the future (as BSA frequently said) - we need grown ups for the present not prospects for the future.

58Summer transfer window 2018 - Page 3 Empty Re: Summer transfer window 2018 Wed Jun 20 2018, 12:43

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

rammywhite wrote:Anyone know anything about this lad Jo Pritchard who we've apparently signed from Spurs. He's 21 and therefore can't really be one for the future (as BSA frequently said) - we need grown ups for the present not prospects for the future.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

59Summer transfer window 2018 - Page 3 Empty Re: Summer transfer window 2018 Wed Jun 20 2018, 14:46

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Flanagan signed for Rangers, over to you boggers.

60Summer transfer window 2018 - Page 3 Empty Re: Summer transfer window 2018 Wed Jun 20 2018, 15:17

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Thank fook.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum