Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Summer transfer window 2018

+16
rammywhite
boltonbonce
Tungsten3
wanderlust
MartinBWFC
Sluffy
Boggersbelief
Natasha Whittam
luckyPeterpiper
wessy
y2johnny
DEANO82
BoltonTillIDie
Norpig
terenceanne
Leeds_Trotter
20 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 7]

81Summer transfer window 2018 - Page 5 Empty Re: Summer transfer window 2018 Sat Jun 23 2018, 16:35

Tungsten3

Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

In some ways its a shame we did not get CYL on loan to see what he is like now.

It still feels like a big risk unless he is on low wages (which i doubt)

82Summer transfer window 2018 - Page 5 Empty Re: Summer transfer window 2018 Sat Jun 23 2018, 18:24

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Tungsten3 wrote:It still feels like a big risk unless he is on low wages (which i doubt)

A risk compared to who?

83Summer transfer window 2018 - Page 5 Empty Re: Summer transfer window 2018 Sun Jun 24 2018, 16:45

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Nat I wasn't 'doomsaying' when I asked about the money for a fee. It was my understanding (and still is) that the BN and others had reported we were not going to spend money on transfer fees this summer. We were instead going to allocate all the funds available for squad strengthening to wages which meant looking at free transfers or loans.

84Summer transfer window 2018 - Page 5 Empty Re: Summer transfer window 2018 Sun Jun 24 2018, 17:23

Tungsten3

Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

luckyPeterpiper wrote:Nat I wasn't 'doomsaying' when I asked about the money for a fee. It was my understanding (and still is) that the BN and others had reported we were not going to spend money on transfer fees this summer. We were instead going to allocate all the funds available for squad strengthening to wages which meant looking at free transfers or loans.

I hope that doesnt apply to the big striker we need as we could end up with a poor option on loan.

Sadly strikers are the most expensive and also in our team the most important signing of the season for me.

85Summer transfer window 2018 - Page 5 Empty Re: Summer transfer window 2018 Sun Jun 24 2018, 17:44

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Tungsten3 wrote:
luckyPeterpiper wrote:Nat I wasn't 'doomsaying' when I asked about the money for a fee. It was my understanding (and still is) that the BN and others had reported we were not going to spend money on transfer fees this summer. We were instead going to allocate all the funds available for squad strengthening to wages which meant looking at free transfers or loans.

I hope that doesnt apply to the big striker we need as we could end up with a poor option on loan.

Sadly strikers are the most expensive and also in our team the most important signing of the season for me.
I agree we need a good one desperately and if we do have money to make a purchase that's where it should be spent. However there is still some time to go (albeit less than last year since the window will close before the season starts rather than at the end of August) so I'm not panicking yet by any means. In some ways I actually prefer the relative quiet from the club after several seasons of us being fed a bunch of codswallop about being 'in' for someone only to be told in the end 'we couldn't get there' when the club knew all along it was a non starter either due to a huge wage or big fee that were beyond anything we could hope to match. At least this year we can be fairly certain Ken isn't going to tell the press "I have a fax in my pocket".

Still, if either Leonel or Christiano are bored with playing for world famous clubs on mega-wages then maybe Ken should warm up the fax machine, maybe even break out the telex while he's at it. Wink

86Summer transfer window 2018 - Page 5 Empty Re: Summer transfer window 2018 Sun Jun 24 2018, 21:53

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

They should put a bit aside for a decent screen. That piece of shit in the corner is a waste of time.

87Summer transfer window 2018 - Page 5 Empty Re: Summer transfer window 2018 Mon Jun 25 2018, 19:50

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Wilbraham signed for Rochdale.

88Summer transfer window 2018 - Page 5 Empty Re: Summer transfer window 2018 Thu Jun 28 2018, 23:32

Leeds_Trotter

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

So a fair bit of business this week, Donaldson signing for us and Sammy extending his contract. Not to mention some u23 recruitment.

89Summer transfer window 2018 - Page 5 Empty Re: Summer transfer window 2018 Wed Jul 11 2018, 19:41

Leeds_Trotter

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Squad is still looking thin, how many more players do you all think we need to bring in?

90Summer transfer window 2018 - Page 5 Empty Re: Summer transfer window 2018 Thu Jul 12 2018, 08:35

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Stlll lots needed, we need another left back and at least one more centre back, more midfield cover and of course strikers.

91Summer transfer window 2018 - Page 5 Empty Re: Summer transfer window 2018 Thu Jul 12 2018, 11:05

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We need at least two more right backs.

92Summer transfer window 2018 - Page 5 Empty Re: Summer transfer window 2018 Thu Jul 12 2018, 11:11

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

...and a several more wingers.

Joking apart Parkinson said he wanted seven more players (I'm not sure he had another right back in mind though) so I'll say we need another seven more at least.

93Summer transfer window 2018 - Page 5 Empty Re: Summer transfer window 2018 Thu Jul 12 2018, 11:15

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I think I read somewhere that this Pole can play either right or left back.

94Summer transfer window 2018 - Page 5 Empty Re: Summer transfer window 2018 Thu Jul 12 2018, 11:35

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

MartinBWFC wrote:I think I read somewhere that this Pole can play either right or left back.
and right midfield apparently.

95Summer transfer window 2018 - Page 5 Empty Re: Summer transfer window 2018 Thu Jul 12 2018, 11:39

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

MartinBWFC wrote:I think I read somewhere that this Pole can play either right or left back.

Martin, I hope you don't mind but your avatar started to appear as a little black box with a white cross through it, so I've changed it for a picture of Dominican Republic just until you find something yourself.

Yes the Pole has apparently played left back and even right midfield but he is said to be predominantly a right back.

We brought in Flanagan in January so I guess the thinking is to give Little competition for the right back place.

Apparently from what I've read elsewhere he is more a defensive right back than wingback - so maybe he plays instead of Little if we go to playing four at the back perhaps?

96Summer transfer window 2018 - Page 5 Empty Re: Summer transfer window 2018 Thu Jul 12 2018, 11:51

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:

Martin, I hope you don't mind but your avatar started to appear as a little black box with a white cross through it, so I've changed it for a picture of Dominican Republic just until you find something yourself.

Yes the Pole has apparently played left back and even right midfield but he is said to be predominantly a right back.

We brought in Flanagan in January so I guess the thinking is to give Little competition for the right back place.

Apparently from what I've read elsewhere he is more a defensive right back than wingback - so maybe he plays instead of Little if we go to playing four at the back perhaps?

I'd be surprised if Parky changes his system as he seemed so dogmatic about it last year. I'm also left wondering what we need Darby for.

97Summer transfer window 2018 - Page 5 Empty Re: Summer transfer window 2018 Thu Jul 12 2018, 13:13

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Sluffy wrote:

Martin, I hope you don't mind but your avatar started to appear as a little black box with a white cross through it, so I've changed it for a picture of Dominican Republic.

No don't mind at all, and it can stay, thank you.

98Summer transfer window 2018 - Page 5 Empty Re: Summer transfer window 2018 Thu Jul 12 2018, 13:37

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Climb out Martin.

99Summer transfer window 2018 - Page 5 Empty Re: Summer transfer window 2018 Thu Jul 12 2018, 19:35

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The 8 that parky wanted is the minimum we need. 

Apparently we’ve placed a bid of 600K (outdoing Peterborough) for Charlie Wyke. Bradford rejected both

100Summer transfer window 2018 - Page 5 Empty Re: Summer transfer window 2018 Thu Jul 12 2018, 20:45

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Good.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum