Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ken Anderson - update.

+31
Sluffy
finlaymcdanger
wanderlust
Ososhot7
RustyNail
Reebok Trotter
xmiles
whatsgoingon
rammywhite
maconman
Hipster_Nebula
Ten Bobsworth
bryan458
terenceanne
Dunkels King
Travelodge
Keegan
Cajunboy
Kane57
DEANO82
Leeds_Trotter
BoltonTillIDie
Norpig
Boggersbelief
observer
boltonbonce
Nigelbwfc
y2johnny
Growler
Natasha Whittam
luckyPeterpiper
35 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 32 ... 50  Next

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Go down  Message [Page 15 of 50]

281Ken Anderson - update. - Page 15 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Thu Oct 25 2018, 18:09

Martin’s selected blindness strikes again, all chat.

282Ken Anderson - update. - Page 15 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Fri Oct 26 2018, 13:30

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Two weeks ago Ken said it was only "Perceived Negative Tactics"...… scratch

283Ken Anderson - update. - Page 15 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Fri Oct 26 2018, 17:47

DEANO82

DEANO82
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

terenceanne wrote:Two weeks ago Ken said it was only "Perceived Negative Tactics"...… scratch
Think he said that after the Derby match. It's only perceived negative tactics when you win, when you lose its negative tactics.

284Ken Anderson - update. - Page 15 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Fri Oct 26 2018, 20:13

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The end is nigh?

285Ken Anderson - update. - Page 15 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Sun Oct 28 2018, 11:11

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I have been reliably informed by someone who does business with Ken Anderson that he is beginning his search for a replacement manager should results not improve by the November international break.

Steve Cotterill is currently at the top of his list.

286Ken Anderson - update. - Page 15 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Sun Oct 28 2018, 11:18

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

finlaymcdanger wrote:Steve Cotterill is currently at the top of his list.

That would truly be a dreadful appointment. We need to get off the merry-go-round of failed managers and try something different.

I'd sign up Fernando Hierro, purely for the comedy element of when he takes his first training session and realises that, even at 50 years of age, he's still better than every player in the squad.

287Ken Anderson - update. - Page 15 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Sun Oct 28 2018, 11:23

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

What about Jamie Vermiglio? :bomb:

288Ken Anderson - update. - Page 15 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Sun Oct 28 2018, 12:57

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:What about Jamie Vermiglio? :bomb:

Why would he take a backwards step at this early stage of his managerial career?

289Ken Anderson - update. - Page 15 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Sun Oct 28 2018, 19:15

Anderson quoted as saying that the media ‘misconstrued’ his last update. Presumably thats relating ‘any necessary measures’ to sacking Parky.

The dream might be over for the moment Martin.

290Ken Anderson - update. - Page 15 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Sun Oct 28 2018, 19:41

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

T.R.O.Y wrote:Anderson quoted as saying that the media ‘misconstrued’ his last update. Presumably thats relating ‘any necessary measures’ to sacking Parky.

The dream might be over for the moment Martin.
We all mighty hate the dismal play, but we did go up on the first try from League One, and we did survive last season, albeit in the final minutes of the final day.  We have been on life support for most of that period.  Of course, the fact that we don't have a starting eleven is indefensible, as is the state of our defense in the past two games.  I've never seen the opposition so open in our box.  Nat could have scored with a skirt and high heels!  Wheater and Beevers had a formidable defense... and every week we try new pairings.  This has to stop.  Since Ameobi has left, we have had no offense and a porous defense.  Has Parky lost the plot?  Or have the players returned to League One form of play?  It was difficult to watch the past two matches... and seeing the opposition in our box all alone was totally unforgivable.  Our defense has no idea of where they should be playing or who they are assigned to.  This must change and soon.

291Ken Anderson - update. - Page 15 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Sun Oct 28 2018, 19:52

Agree with most of that, but we've seen a more open defence than this - Coyle. I'd also say Wheater and Beevers have their shortcomings, I'd pair Wheater and Hobbs and go with it for a bit. Completely agree we need a settle back line, injuries/illness have taken their toll somewhat but now most are fit let's nail it down.

292Ken Anderson - update. - Page 15 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Sun Oct 28 2018, 19:58

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

T.R.O.Y wrote:Agree with most of that, but we've seen a more open defence than this - Coyle. I'd also say Wheater and Beevers have their shortcomings, I'd pair Wheater and Hobbs and go with it for a bit. Completely agree we need a settle back line, injuries/illness have taken their toll somewhat but now most are fit let's nail it down.
I like Hobbs as well... but the point is to make a pairing and stick with it, barring injuries.  Right now, I do believe Nat in a skirt and heels could score from the open space.  It's really difficult to watch.

Last edited by observer on Sun Oct 28 2018, 20:17; edited 1 time in total

293Ken Anderson - update. - Page 15 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Sun Oct 28 2018, 20:06

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

observer wrote:I do believe Nat is a skirt and heels

You need to start a 'sexual fantasies' thread.

294Ken Anderson - update. - Page 15 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Sun Oct 28 2018, 20:19

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Natasha Whittam wrote:
observer wrote:I do believe Nat is a skirt and heels

You need to start a 'sexual fantasies' thread.
LOL... meant "in" and yes, our defense is so porous... you could score in high heels (and not the players... which may be your fantasy)!   For two games, we left the opposition alone in the box and all they had to do was get the ball to the open player.  No one to defend.. tsk.

295Ken Anderson - update. - Page 15 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Sun Oct 28 2018, 21:04

Growler

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

A massive U turn from Ken from Thursday when he said improved results were needed with immediate effect.
I don't know why he came out with that silly statement on Thursday when its obvious he won't pay the money to sack Parky.

296Ken Anderson - update. - Page 15 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Sun Oct 28 2018, 22:11

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

The dreaded Chairman's vote of confidence in the manager!

And also far more seriously, the news just coming through as I type, that it is now confirmed Leicester's owner died in the helicopter crash. RIP.

First of all, I would like to begin these notes by sending our deepest sympathy to everybody at Leicester City Football Club following the tragedy that occurred on Saturday evening, our thoughts and prayers are with everyone at the club.
I was also saddened to hear about Glenn Hoddle being taken ill and we all hope he gets better soon.
At times like this everything needs to be put into perspective and we all stand together as a football family when tragedy and sadness happens.

Looking back at our game on Saturday against Hull City, there was a marked improvement in how we played but unfortunately not ultimately the result.
Having made a significant number of changes to the starting XI following the game on Wednesday, I was pleased to see how the players applied themselves.
There seemed to be an improved sense of urgency and a desire to win the game despite the early set back.
That said, we slipped to another disappointing defeat on home soil which, considering our good start to the season, is somewhat concerning and of course needs to be addressed.
I still have the belief that we have got the strength and the desire in the squad to turn this slump in form around - and it will come.

My comments earlier last week appear to have been misconstrued and that might have put some extra pressure on the coaching staff and the players in the media. That was not my intention and is frankly not very helpful in this type of situation.
Like you all, I care deeply about this football club and want nothing but the best for it and everyone involved. The staff and players share this desire and are desperate to get back to the form of earlier in our campaign and are determined to do all they can to achieve the success we all want.
I will continue to give my full backing to Phil and his staff. We have been through difficult times before and whilst I will never abdicate my responsibility to this great club, I continue to put all my efforts in supporting the manager at this challenging time. It’s a long season and with less than a third played so far there is plenty of time to return to our early form, especially once our injured players return and are available for selection.

We ask that you stand by us all and together we will all work hard to turn the results around.
We’ve got two games now before the international break - away to Aston Villa on Friday in front of the Sky cameras and against Swansea at the University of Bolton Stadium on Saturday 10 November - and I would urge everyone to get behind the manager and players for these crucial fixtures.
We’ve all seen first-hand the power of your support and how it inspires the players at important times.
Don’t forget that season ticket holders can buy up to four additional tickets for just £10 each for the Swansea game and we’d love to see as many fans as possible cheering the team on.

Best wishes,
Ken

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

297Ken Anderson - update. - Page 15 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Mon Oct 29 2018, 13:33

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'd have thought that the cost of replacing the manager would be at least half a million and I'm sure that is central to Anderson's thinking.

298Ken Anderson - update. - Page 15 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Mon Oct 29 2018, 13:39

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

wanderlust wrote:I'd have thought that the cost of replacing the manager would be at least half a million and I'm sure that is central to Anderson's thinking.
Compared to the cost of relegation it's a drop in the ocean, make no mistake with Parkinson we are destined to be relegated, no way will he get as lucky as he did last season.

299Ken Anderson - update. - Page 15 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Mon Oct 29 2018, 13:54

Growler

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

wanderlust wrote:I'd have thought that the cost of replacing the manager would be at least half a million and I'm sure that is central to Anderson's thinking.
And then to get anybody with a better track  record than Parkinson he would need to offer at least the same salary and some transfer funds.I think Parky will be given the whole season at least and would expect him to still be with us back in  Div 3 next season if Ken hasn't sold the club on.
If Ken was prepared to spend the money to replace Parky he would surely have done that during the record breaking abysmal start to last season.
I think Parky can pretty much play  garbage football and get garbage results  and not be sacked.What he mustn't do is criticise Ken about the lack of transfer funds and the lack of quality of the players that have been signed.

300Ken Anderson - update. - Page 15 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Mon Oct 29 2018, 17:23

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

We all woke up this morning with the sad and tragic news coming out of the King Power Stadium.
Our deepest sympathies are extended to the family of Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha, to the other passengers and to all our friends and colleagues at Leicester City Football Club who have been affected by this tragedy.

It was moving to see the entire football community get behind everybody at Leicester and our thoughts will remain with them over these coming days, weeks and months.

On Friday evening we travel down the M6 to take on Aston Villa in front of the Sky Sports cameras and I continue to be optimistic that our results will improve going forward.

It is only a matter of time before our long-term injury absentees start to return to the fold and strengthen the squad, and that we will hopefully get the rub of the green which we deserve.

As I have said on many occasions before, the season is a marathon and not a sprint – and I continue to believe there will be many more twists and turns between now and the end of the season, as we have already seen.

There is no doubt about it that Villa will fancy their chances against us, but we have got the players and the determination to put in a performance.

I hope that as many of you as possible are able to get down to Villa Park and cheer the lads on.

Hopefully, we will be able to draw a line under the recent results and, as disappointing as they have been, strive to move forward with a renewed belief in ourselves. Likewise, we should now all move on from the ongoing speculation regarding the manager’s position and players’ recent performances and focus on the job ahead and on improving the results.
Our good start illustrates just how much we have progressed this season and I have no doubt that we are not that far away from going on another good run of results and regaining a higher spot in the Sky Bet Championship. We are not the only club this season to have had a run of good results, which are then followed by a sequence of disappointing results, and I feel sure that we won’t be the last. The target has to be to turn the future results into points and start climbing back up the league.
I have noted some recent comments in relation to the money we have spent on players in comparison to what other clubs have done in this league.
It is true to say that in all four divisions, all clubs have differing budgets and are not on a level playing field in what they can pay out on transfer fees and on player salaries.
As such, clubs must cut their cloth accordingly and here at Bolton Wanderers we are no different. As I have always said, we will always adhere to our budget and never deviate from it. We cannot get into the same position we found ourselves in prior to my involvement.
I’ve noted that people have questioned why we aren’t able to compete for young players who are being loaned out to Championship clubs by Premier League teams. The simple answer is that to get these players on board you have to pay circa £30,000 per week to contribute to their salaries.
Unfortunately, this is not within our means at this moment in time but our budget will only improve with increased commercial, ticketing and hospitality revenue and that is where our supporters can help.
Later this week, we are taking delivery of a brand new but limited supply of away shirts which will be made available for purchase immediately.

The black kit has proven to be one of most popular away kits in recent times and I have no doubt that these will be sold right away.

If you haven’t already got your pre-order in, I would strongly urge you to do so now so that you don’t miss out. Please click [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] to pre-order.

Looking ahead to next weekend against Swansea City at the University of Bolton Stadium, we will hopefully have one of our biggest crowds in recent seasons.

All [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] are able to take up to four additional guests with them for just £10 each.

Can you imagine if every season ticket holder took up the offer? We’d have to put in some extra seats in all four stands…

In all seriousness, if most season ticket holders took up this offer we would have a capacity crowd for the first time since the Premier League years.

Not only would this create a spectacle and a very special atmosphere, it would also bring in an additional £400,000 of revenue which would help the club enormously.

Half season tickets are also available to buy now and offer fantastic value for money for our 12 remaining home games, starting from the Boxing Day clash against Rotherham United.

At the risk of being accused of repeating myself, it really is the most cost effective way of watching Wanderers on a match by match basis with the price working out at just £15.42 per match if you purchased an adult ticket in the lower tier of the Carrs Pasties North Stand. Half season tickets for under 18s are priced at only £60. Please [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] to buy your half season ticket today.

I was pleased to read the reviews of the ‘And Did Those Feet’ play which is being staged in the Lion of Vienna Suite by the Octagon Theatre.

Its run, here at the University of Bolton Stadium, has proved to be very popular and I’ve heard good feedback from some of those who have attended. The final show is on Thursday so please [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] your tickets if you wish to see it.

We will be welcoming the Octagon back later in the year and in the run up to the Festive period, when they return with family Christmas show ‘The Wonderful Wizard of Oz’ which is being performed in the Premier Suite from the 4th until the 31st of December.

Best wishes,
Ken

He needs to get in the real world FFS, even at £10 a ticket you'll be lucky to get an extra 200 in the ground, people just won't part with hard earned money to watch a Parkinson team, stop trying to flog a dead horse Ken it doesn't wash with the majority.

Advertisement block

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 15 of 50]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 32 ... 50  Next

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum