Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ken Anderson - update.

+31
Sluffy
finlaymcdanger
wanderlust
Ososhot7
RustyNail
Reebok Trotter
xmiles
whatsgoingon
rammywhite
maconman
Hipster_Nebula
Ten Bobsworth
bryan458
terenceanne
Dunkels King
Travelodge
Keegan
Cajunboy
Kane57
DEANO82
Leeds_Trotter
BoltonTillIDie
Norpig
Boggersbelief
observer
boltonbonce
Nigelbwfc
y2johnny
Growler
Natasha Whittam
luckyPeterpiper
35 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 39 ... 50  Next

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Go down  Message [Page 28 of 50]

541Ken Anderson - update. - Page 28 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Tue Dec 11 2018, 20:44

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Kane57 wrote:Ah right presume that's twitter then as I'm not on there.

So.....how do we put this on Iles, Holdsworth or the Trust then

Well as always, let us see what the facts are first before we jump to conclusions.

(Yes it was on twitter)

542Ken Anderson - update. - Page 28 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Tue Dec 11 2018, 20:48

Iles sources at the club have been pretty reliable. So this is concerning - anyone know the rules around when players can walk?

543Ken Anderson - update. - Page 28 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Tue Dec 11 2018, 20:50

Growler

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

A strike against Leeds would screw Ken's cash flow up.

544Ken Anderson - update. - Page 28 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Tue Dec 11 2018, 20:52

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

T.R.O.Y wrote:Iles sources at the club have been pretty reliable. So this is concerning - anyone know the rules around when players can walk?

As if they'll walk.

545Ken Anderson - update. - Page 28 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Tue Dec 11 2018, 21:02

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Story is PFA search on club shows outstanding Winding Up petition from the American Front Row Marketing (Which KA previously has said as already been dealt with).

Because the PFA found this they've pulled the offer until this issue resolved.

However it could be something as simple as an administrative oversight by someone simply not amending the Petition from 'open' to 'closed', in which case their loan back on again.

Wouldn't it have been better for all concerned if Iles had waited to see if this was simply a non story first before rushing on to his personal Twitter again to stir the pot (and the twitter anti-Anderson's) once more?

The loan could be back on again by first thing tomorrow after all.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by Sluffy on Tue Dec 11 2018, 21:12; edited 1 time in total

546Ken Anderson - update. - Page 28 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Tue Dec 11 2018, 21:06

Kane57

Kane57
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

No - because it's breaking news. It's not like the PFA 'might' withdraw the offer, they've done it.

Seems, on first glance, your hero has been less than truthful again.

547Ken Anderson - update. - Page 28 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Tue Dec 11 2018, 21:16

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Kane57 wrote:No - because it's breaking news. It's not like the PFA 'might' withdraw the offer, they've done it.

Seems, on first glance, your hero has been less than truthful again.

I'm too old and grown up to have 'hero's'

And yet again shall we wait and see what the facts are before jumping to conclusions?

548Ken Anderson - update. - Page 28 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Tue Dec 11 2018, 21:24

Kane57

Kane57
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Well at this minute in time the loan has been withdrawn. That's the truth of the moment otherwise what's the point of a forum discussing things as they break?

I bet you loved electronic digests back in the day

549Ken Anderson - update. - Page 28 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Tue Dec 11 2018, 21:55

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Kane57 wrote:Well at this minute in time the loan has been withdrawn. That's the truth of the moment otherwise what's the point of a forum discussing things as they break?

I bet you loved electronic digests back in the day

When I started my career if you wanted a copy of a report you had to insert sheets of carbon paper in between what you were going to type!

Of course forums are here to discuss facts, gossip, opinions, belief's, fake news - everything and anything in fact - and Marc Iles is most welcome here if he wants to do just that - but he should keep that completely separate to his professional work life.

The point I make is that he stirs on Twitter.

There's nothing wrong for him to write his story and publish it on the Bolton News site - that's what his job is and what he's paid to do.  

Tweeting on his personal account (in which he tweets/retweets/likes) his personal views - not the papers! - compromises his impartiality in what he writes in the paper.  He clearly is biased against Anderson and is extremely friendly with the ST who clearly want Anderson out.  Totally unprofessional and raises doubts about the integrity of the articles he does for the paper.

He should keep his personal opinions and his professional journalistic life completely separate from each other - unfortunately he chooses not to.

550Ken Anderson - update. - Page 28 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Tue Dec 11 2018, 21:58

Kane57

Kane57
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

I think you've been reading too much WW

551Ken Anderson - update. - Page 28 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Tue Dec 11 2018, 22:06

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Sluffy wrote:
Ten Bobsworth wrote:I know you didn't mean it in the pejorative way that others used it, Sluffy, but Eddie Davies was the very antithesis of a tax exile. He wasn't resident in the UK, he wasn't ordinarily resident in the UK and he wasn't domiciled in the UK and he exposed his wealth to the highest possible rates of UK taxation by subsidising the wages of footballers and managers in the English Premier League and Championship.

Forgive me if I've got the wrong end of the stick about this but I was under the impression that Eddie lived on the Iles of Man because of the advantageous tax rules on the island (Same reason people like Nigel Mansell did also).

My understanding was that the IoM tax rules was that to qualify for the reduced tax regime he had to physically reside on the island for half a year and subsequently is limited to the period of time he can be away from the island by such as being in England.

As we know Mr Davies had more strings to his bow than just BWFC (the V and A, Kew Gardens, Bolton Museum, Manchester Business School, etc, etc.), his time would have been incredibly limited to micro-manage the club himself and thus he put his trust and belief in Gartside and most of the decisions day to day, that he took.  He clearly did have the final word - for instance when (incredibly as it seems now - and certainly to me at the time!) he was in the process of extending Coyle's contract.

Thankfully Eddie told him to sack him instead!

Maybe I did use the term 'tax exile' in the wrong sense but as I've explained above I was under the belief that his residence on the IoM was based upon a personal tax advantage.

No disrespect to him/his memory at all intended.

The main thrust of your argument was correct. ED decided, more likely for health reasons, to distance himself from the anxiety and stress of being an active director of BWFC but I expect he would still have been consulted by Garty on the big  issues.

Amos? Maybe so, maybe not but somebody (probably Neil Lennon) must have convinced Garty, who was probably very ill at the time, that Amos was worth the investment. Of course at the same time Amos was signed, so was Madine. You win some, you lose some. Thats the way it goes, I'm afraid.

552Ken Anderson - update. - Page 28 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Tue Dec 11 2018, 22:21

A jounalist should keep his personal opinion to himself?! He’s paid to write his to opinions you moonman.

553Ken Anderson - update. - Page 28 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Tue Dec 11 2018, 22:34

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Kane57 wrote:I think you've been reading too much WW

No I think I'm simply from a generation where things were done with more accountability and professionalism.

In the public domain you should act with complete impartiality no matter what you think.  That's why public servants such as civil servants and local government council officers are permanently employed whilst their 'masters' MP's and councillors are elected for fixed terms.  The elected government/party in power are the ones with the opinions and views, the public servants simply arrange for them to be done, even if they disagree personally with them.

Iles job should be to report impartially and without bias for the paper who pays him - he simply can't do that if he clearly lines up with the ST and other anti-Andersons every day on his own personal twitter account.

Clearly such standards are still kept at the higher levels of public service and journalism but the lines have clearly got more blurred the further down the hierocracy you go until you reach the bottom where clearly they are not observed to any extent at all.

Time moves on and standards change.

I would still say what I believe to be the right and proper thing to do whether anybody on WandersWays or anywhere else for that matter agreed with me or not.

I am somewhat pleased that there are a few out there than do share my views but it is fair to say most don't and would rather knee-jerk and lynch people based on any old garbage they may read on social media.

As I've said before, in my time we were taught not to believe everything you read in the papers, sadly people seem to want to follow blindly anyone these days on social media without question whether what they read is true or not. I would have thought therefore it should be a greater responsibility for reporters like Iles to act even more responsibly in their actions - but that's clearly not the case here is it.

No wonder mass manipulation of people happen so easily these days - such as the vote for Brexit and Trumps Presidential success.

Clearly I'm not equating Iles power to that but maybe one day soon we might wake up to find Anderson gone and the ST in charge and some peoples wishes coming true.

Then the fun will start.

554Ken Anderson - update. - Page 28 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Wed Dec 12 2018, 01:32

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Wonder what the odds are on Anderson claiming the PFA hadn't provided evidence that they had enough money anyway? And that it's in the club's best interest that we sell off what's left of the ground and the tea lady's chair so we can buy Ronaldo in the January window?

Could be interesting times ahead. If not this week, soon.

555Ken Anderson - update. - Page 28 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Wed Dec 12 2018, 09:01

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Could it be that Gordon Taylor's authority to spend PFA money is coming under closer scrutiny?

Like to know who is on the Management Committee and other facts about the PFA? Supporters of BWFC may be particularly interested to note the last name on the Management Committee list.

You can find the 2017 Annual Return here:

Last edited by Ten Bobsworth on Wed Dec 12 2018, 09:06; edited 1 time in total

556Ken Anderson - update. - Page 28 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Wed Dec 12 2018, 09:04

Ten Bobsworth wrote:Could it be that Gordon Taylor's authority to spend PFA money is coming under closer scrutiny?

Unlikely in the extreme this would be the reason they pulled out. 

Still holding out for Sluffy’s Iles conspiracy to be honest.

557Ken Anderson - update. - Page 28 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Wed Dec 12 2018, 09:48

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

T.R.O.Y wrote:
Ten Bobsworth wrote:Could it be that Gordon Taylor's authority to spend PFA money is coming under closer scrutiny?

Do you have a reason for thinking it 'unlikely in the extreme'?

558Ken Anderson - update. - Page 28 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Wed Dec 12 2018, 09:49

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

T.R.O.Y wrote:

However, Gordon Taylor played for us for the best part of his career with a better strike rate than most strikers we've had in recent times (fat bloke on the wing) so there might be questions of bias.

559Ken Anderson - update. - Page 28 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Wed Dec 12 2018, 10:42

Growler

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

The PFA withdrawing their offer has forced Anderson into making a statement saying he'll pay the November wages on Friday.Well done PFA

560Ken Anderson - update. - Page 28 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Wed Dec 12 2018, 11:23

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Bolton Wanderers Football Club can confirm that all outstanding salaries for its coaching and playing staff will be paid into their respective accounts on Friday morning.
The delay in payment had been caused after an option with the Professional Footballers Association (PFA) was explored. Although that option does remain in place at this moment in time, it is not the Club’s preferred route.

Instead, Bolton Wanderers’ owner and chairman Ken Anderson will personally fund the outstanding salaries.

The club would now like all attention turned towards Saturday’s important Sky Bet Championship fixture against Leeds United at the University of Bolton Stadium.

Bolton Wanderers will not be making any further comment on this matter.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 28 of 50]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 39 ... 50  Next

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum