Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Pair of foreign investors in £30m race to buy Wanderers!

+12
Growler
Nigelbwfc
luckyPeterpiper
Natasha Whittam
karlypants
Cajunboy
terenceanne
MartinBWFC
wessy
rammywhite
wanderlust
BoltonTillIDie
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

MartinBWFC wrote:
Growler wrote: the sort of signings Parky could make now if he had the vision.
And therein lies the problem, in Parkinson's world Doidge is the future

You think it’s the Cowley brothers you sausage.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

T.R.O.Y wrote:I don’t expect KA to care about the club as such - nor do I blame him for not doing so. As has been said many time he’s a businessman who wants to turn a profit. Regarding his other business interests i’d be interested to know whether the public financial disputes at the club have damaged his reputation or not? 

It’s clear he wants to sell for the right price now, which makes sense for all involved. Can’t say I’m hopeful of anyone actually coming through though we’ve seen it all before.
I'm not too sure. As mentioned previously, now that the assets have all been hocked and the club continues to lose money, there nowhere else for Anderson to go and nothing left to prop up his tenure, hence his sudden interest in talking to potential investors - who I believe have been around for ages.
I reckon he has no choice left but to sell having used up every remaining resource with which to guarantee loans. 
If he can't borrow any more he knows that he will have to stop hiding his failure as an owner which he has previously marketed as "running the business well" as the losses will increasingly come out as the debts pile up.
The pressure on him to get rid must surely be an incentive to accept any actual offer, even if he doesn't get his big pay day.
If he doesn't, administration beckons. 
I'm wondering if the cost of administration works out to be less than the £30 million Anderson is asking for whether potential investors might just let it happen and then buy us for peanuts? It's a close call.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It's been over 15 years since Allardyce managed us in the Championship, people need to get a grip.

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:It's been over 15 years since Allardyce managed us in the Championship, people need to get a grip.
17 years to be precise, but I won't derail your argument with facts, he has however managed West Ham in recent years to promotion.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm sure i saw an article somewhere recently saying Big Sam wouldn't contemplate managing in the Championship again. I'd be happy to see him back in some other capacity if he was involved with a bid for the club.
£30million doesn't seem a lot for a club with it's own stadium, Hotel, Academy and other land but if the debts have to be cleared on top of that it pushes up the price.
I'm hoping the Americans haven't pulled out as leaving it a one horse race will make it more difficult as both sides will have to compromise to push a deal through.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

MartinBWFC wrote:17 years to be precise, but I won't derail your argument with facts, he has however managed West Ham in recent years to promotion.

I'm not sure why him managing West Ham has derailed my argument, you do realise they are a different club in a different part of the country?

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:
I'm not sure why him managing West Ham has derailed my argument, you do realise they are a different club in a different part of the country?

Merely pointing out that he has form for getting promotion from this league.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

But you moan about the quality of football under Parky, West Ham & Everton fans did exactly the same when Allardyce was managing them.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:I'm sure i saw an article somewhere recently saying Big Sam wouldn't contemplate managing in the Championship again. I'd be happy to see him back in some other capacity if he was involved with a bid for the club.
£30million doesn't seem a lot for a club with it's own stadium, Hotel, Academy and other land but if the debts have to be cleared on top of that it pushes up the price.
I'm hoping the Americans haven't pulled out as leaving it a one horse race will make it more difficult as both sides will have to compromise to push a deal through.
The point is that it's by no means certain that the club still "owns" the stadium, hotel, academy and "other land" any more is it? 

Hasn't Anderson hocked it all for loans to prop up his tenure instead of running the business profitably?
The £30 million Anderson is asking for is for him to piss off so potential investors won't get anything for their £30 million other than inheriting the increased debt he leaves behind.
As far as I understand he's effectively remortgaged the house for cash so whilst the club's name might be on those assets they are in reality owned by the bank/creditors. Those debts will have to be settled in addition to Anderson's payoff before the club owns them outright again.

We won't get any detail until March 2019. The only set of accounts filed since Anderson arrived are for the period ending June 2017 during which there was a huge disposal of assets, considerable borrowing and a statement from the auditors which effectively said they couldn't verify the accounts. The accounts next March will only be up to June 2018 so even then we won't see what else he's hocked although we do know that the money borrowed from EDs estate was also secured against Burden Leisure assets since then. 

As for Allardyce, his circumstances have changed so who knows what he might do if an owner with real money bought us?

Nigelbwfc

Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

wanderlust wrote:
Norpig wrote:I'm sure i saw an article somewhere recently saying Big Sam wouldn't contemplate managing in the Championship again. I'd be happy to see him back in some other capacity if he was involved with a bid for the club.
The point is that it's by no means certain that the club still "owns" the stadium, hotel, academy and "other land" any more is it? 

Hasn't Anderson hocked it all for loans to prop up his tenure instead of running the business profitably?
The £30 million Anderson is asking for is for him to piss off so potential investors won't get anything for their £30 million other than inheriting the increased debt he leaves behind.
As far as I understand he's effectively remortgaged the house for cash so whilst the club's name might be on those assets they are in reality owned by the bank/creditors. Those debts will have to be settled in addition to Anderson's payoff before the club owns them outright again.

We won't get any detail until March 2019. The only set of accounts filed since Anderson arrived are for the period ending June 2017 during which there was a huge disposal of assets, considerable borrowing and a statement from the auditors which effectively said they couldn't verify the accounts. The accounts next March will only be up to June 2018 so even then we won't see what else he's hocked although we do know that the money borrowed from EDs estate was also secured against Burden Leisure assets since then. 

As for Allardyce, his circumstances have changed so who knows what he might do if an owner with real money bought us?
The loans were in place before AndwrsAn arrived, including blumarble. Car park was bought before Anderson arrived, academy is a loan by Brett Warburton before andersAn arrived etc, etc

bryan458

bryan458
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Natasha Whittam wrote:But you moan about the quality of football under Parky, West Ham & Everton fans did exactly the same when Allardyce was managing them.
Just that Sam's Crap Football got results regularly, Parky's crap Football Doesn't Laughing Laughing !!!

It comes back to who we could attract, and allardyce isn’t going to come here and work with no budget. Not many managers would, remember the names we were linked with when Parky came in? Not much has changed.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Nigelbwfc wrote:
wanderlust wrote:

The loans were in place before AndwrsAn arrived, including blumarble. Car park was bought before Anderson arrived, academy is a loan by Brett Warburton before andersAn arrived etc, etc
Are you saying Anderson hasn't used the remaining club assets as collateral for loans then? Wow.

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

T.R.O.Y wrote:It comes back to who we could attract, and allardyce isn’t going to come here and work with no budget.
True, however, I don't believe there are many knocking at his door just now.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bryan458 wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:But you moan about the quality of football under Parky, West Ham & Everton fans did exactly the same when Allardyce was managing them.
Just that Sam's Crap Football got results regularly, Parky's crap Football Doesn't Laughing Laughing  !!!
Come off it - fans will moan regardless of the quality of football as the moment a team starts playing better, expectations rise again. Miserable bunch of bastards football fans.
And by the time Allardyce got to West Ham and Everton a lot of their fans had already decided they didn't like him before a ball was kicked, and didn't change their minds despite him going on to have a winning record at both clubs.
Personally I loved it when Allardyce was with us, not because of him or even for the results but for the sheer pleasure of watching the quality he had at his disposal. Okocha is a good example as he was very hit and miss but every time he got the ball there was the excitement that he might just do something extraordinary. And occasionally he did. Loved the players but still moaned about Allardyce.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:And by the time Allardyce got to West Ham and Everton a lot of their fans had already decided they didn't like him before a ball was kicked, and didn't change their minds despite him going on to have a winning record at both clubs.

"Winning record" is a stretch.

Nigelbwfc

Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

wanderlust wrote:
Nigelbwfc wrote:
wanderlust wrote:

Are you saying Anderson hasn't used the remaining club assets as collateral for loans then? Wow.
As far as I'm aware the debts are ones Anderson inherited. He extended the Blu Marble one and I'm not aware that he's taken on any extra debt, only extended the term the debts needed to be paid off. 

The Eddie Davies £5 million is the only one I'm aware Anderson has taken on. 

The loans to others as I say were in place before he came and like most medium sized business men he's deferred it to a later date. Most sensible people would do that. You don't use up cash resources to pay off all debt. 

There is the £15 million bonus payment to ED/ moonshift if we get promoted that was agreed on the purchase of the company, and as far as I'm aware there are still cash flow problems. However, it's more manageable than it use to be.

The lack of fans coming into the UBOL will deter most investors now and I reckon he's been told that.

The key point of that post is ‘as far as you’re aware’. None of us know much at this point Nige.

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I think if Americans buy us then they would maybe want an investment type opportunity. Not sure we fit into that mold at the moment.
But a Saudi with deep pockets who wants us has a personal toy to show off to his friends. These guys are not interested in making money its more of a bragging rights thing. 30 million is absolutely nothing to some of those people. Why do either one have an interest in us....will no doubt find out if any of this is not fake news.

Maurice Greene

David Ngog
David Ngog

wanderlust wrote:
Nigelbwfc wrote:
wanderlust wrote:

So, who provided these loans? How much was each one for? What club assets were used as collateral?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum