Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Pair of foreign investors in £30m race to buy Wanderers!

+12
Growler
Nigelbwfc
luckyPeterpiper
Natasha Whittam
karlypants
Cajunboy
terenceanne
MartinBWFC
wessy
rammywhite
wanderlust
BoltonTillIDie
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The attempt to play off two potential investors against each other was misguided at best. 
As Rammy says...
I think you're right that there are both first and second charges on all the assets ( both fixed and floating) and so in the event of a wind up there would be nothing left for the equity shareholders- thus making KA's equity virtually worthless. So if the valuation is based on the future potential then any investor needs counselling, needs  a serious talking to about what he's buying here.
..and the US billionaire allegedly baulked at the idea of funding Anderson's retirement a month ago, although I was hoping he had returned to the table as he has a strong track record in supporting and developing sports teams. Presumably Anderson was made a fair and reasonable offer but tried to up the ante.
Which leaves us with the Middle Eastern investors who may be daft enough to give Anderson what he wants, but with far more chance of them doing a Venky's on us if they do end up as owners.
However even worse than that is what is likely to happen if no investors are found. Club running out of assets, Anderson running out of stuff to hock and the business trading at a loss can only point to one outcome.
If Anderson genuinely cares for BWFC he should be begging to accept a reasonable offer that will allow him to walk away with what he put in instead of gambling with the club's future.

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

BoltonTillIDie wrote::hijack:

Anyway, hope there's a swift takeover soon!
Don't be silly.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Cajunboy wrote:
BoltonTillIDie wrote::hijack:

Anyway, hope there's a swift takeover soon!
Don't be silly.
...but the thread title says it's "a race"?

Unfortunately it looks increasingly like a one horse race with the favourite having retired.

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

wanderlust wrote:The attempt to play off two potential investors against each other was misguided at best. 
As Rammy says...
I think you're right that there are both first and second charges on all the assets ( both fixed and floating) and so in the event of a wind up there would be nothing left for the equity shareholders- thus making KA's equity virtually worthless. So if the valuation is based on the future potential then any investor needs counselling, needs  a serious talking to about what he's buying here.
..and the US billionaire allegedly baulked at the idea of funding Anderson's retirement a month ago, although I was hoping he had returned to the table as he has a strong track record in supporting and developing sports teams. Presumably Anderson was made a fair and reasonable offer but tried to up the ante.
Which leaves us with the Middle Eastern investors who may be daft enough to give Anderson what he wants, but with far more chance of them doing a Venky's on us if they do end up as owners.
However even worse than that is what is likely to happen if no investors are found. Club running out of assets, Anderson running out of stuff to hock and the business trading at a loss can only point to one outcome.
If Anderson genuinely cares for BWFC he should be begging to accept a reasonable offer that will allow him to walk away with what he put in instead of gambling with the club's future.
What a load of codswallop lusty. A businessman's first and frankly ONLY priority is to make a profit. This 'if he loves the club he should settle for just getting his money back' is total garbage. Why should he do that? People invest in a business to make a return not to 'wipe their face' and frankly the days of 'hobby' chairmen are long since gone and they're not coming back.

In short I won't begrudge Ken one iota if he makes a huge profit from this. All that means is someone who's got the money has seen the books and decided Ken's done a good enough job of stabilising the club to make a profit for themselves. We're NOT Man Utd or City, there's no special prestige or status attached to owning us as there would be a 'big' club so the only people who are going to put money in will do so on the basis they'll come out ahead. That's the way business works and to imagine there's some special reason why football is different in the 21st century is frankly stupid.

Nigelbwfc

Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

wanderlust wrote:
Wanderlust wrote:Looking back at Anderson's PR on Monday, I'm just wondering if he knew what was around the corner and is ready to implement his exit strategy?

If you analyse Anderson's message management above ("I saved the club and to criticise me is the same as criticising Parky") it is unusually defensive for the normally ebullient Anderson. 

Having made him and his son personally richer, pawned the last of the club's assets that were still in place two years ago and minimised his personal exposure at every turn, maybe it's getting to exit time? 
...and here we go right on cue!

Everything will depend on Anderson's valuation of his shares. He says he wants to get a payout of £30 million, so I'm wondering what the potential investors are thinking i.e. how much less than that will Anderson accept to go? 
He hasn't even put £10 million into the pot in fact the only investment he's put into BWFC is the £5 million he borrowed from ED as far as I can tell so it's a difficult one to swallow for investors. I've heard that Anderson's personal demands were what put off the US billionaire last month so it's going to be interesting.
I guess it will come down to what extent Anderson will hold out for personal gain over the club's well-being.
"You've heard", who from? Name names. Thought so, it's just your speculation. I've heard from Ken that that the majority of so called "investors" haven't got two 10 pences to rub together. 

Andersons terms are £30 million and the chief exec role. The chief exec role is the sticking point as it was under the late Phil Gartside.

Nigelbwfc

Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

rammywhite wrote:
terenceanne wrote:My view has always been that if we get Saudi Billionaires or whatever I want people who 30 million is simple pocket change. Not a blip in their bank account. They will remove our debts with a stroke of a pen and we will become a nice hobby for them to take us back up to the Prem. Probably a dream but it can be done.
Fingers crossed.

I want an Aston Martin, a house on Lake Garda, to bonk Kate Humble and to support a team that wins every game.
I have as much chance of that lot than any Saudi billionaires buying BWFC
And no successful business man would "remove the debt" at a stroke. Otherwise you'd be constantly badgered to sell the company.

However, your scepticism goes too far. Believe!

Nigelbwfc

Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

wanderlust wrote:The attempt to play off two potential investors against each other was misguided at best. 
As Rammy says...
Depends on which US business man your talking about. If Anderson is correct then your US business man may have walked but anianot has come in. Or perhaps your US businessnan hadn't walked but had to go away and prove he had the funding, which actually takes along time to do. 

Unless your sat on the board, I'll take speculation on here and on Bolton news site with a pinch of salt.

This is neither good or bad news, it's just news. New investors have to be approved by the football league and while that is going on another winding up order from the tax man will go in, while the club changes hands as owner and potential owner argue over who pays the tax bill.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Nigelbwfc wrote:
wanderlust wrote:
Wanderlust wrote:Looking back at Anderson's PR on Monday, I'm just wondering if he knew what was around the corner and is ready to implement his exit strategy?

If you analyse Anderson's message management above ("I saved the club and to criticise me is the same as criticising Parky") it is unusually defensive for the normally ebullient Anderson. 

Having made him and his son personally richer, pawned the last of the club's assets that were still in place two years ago and minimised his personal exposure at every turn, maybe it's getting to exit time? 
...and here we go right on cue!

Everything will depend on Anderson's valuation of his shares. He says he wants to get a payout of £30 million, so I'm wondering what the potential investors are thinking i.e. how much less than that will Anderson accept to go? 
He hasn't even put £10 million into the pot in fact the only investment he's put into BWFC is the £5 million he borrowed from ED as far as I can tell so it's a difficult one to swallow for investors. I've heard that Anderson's personal demands were what put off the US billionaire last month so it's going to be interesting.
I guess it will come down to what extent Anderson will hold out for personal gain over the club's well-being.
"You've heard", who from? Name names. Thought so, it's just your speculation. I've heard from Ken that that the majority of so called "investors" haven't got two 10 pences to rub together. 

Andersons terms are £30 million and the chief exec role. The chief exec role is the sticking point as it was under the late Phil Gartside.
Rubbish. Anderson has clearly stated that both parties have the money and the due diligence has been done. And the £30 million is buy Anderson's shares and therefore own the club and be in a position to appoint anyone they choose as CE - which is an employed role.
I do care about Anderson making a personal profit out of the deal as he has systematically bankrupted the club by turning all the remaining assets into collateral for loans to prop up his tenure so that Burden Leisure is now worth f*** all and any money he gets will have been taken away from BWFC. That £30 million could be better employed paying off the loans so that BWFC gets back ownership of our own assets that he has hocked.
I gave my word not to reveal the name of the American and will not do so until the issue has been fully resolved but rest assured I know who it is and contrary to LPP's sweeping generalisation that all businessmen are just in it for profit, this particular person is a sports fan, successful club owner and businessman and a philanthropist to boot.
If Nixon's assertion that he has walked turns out to be true, our only remaining potential investor is an unknown quantity and that is worrying whether they decide to pay off Anderson or not.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:I gave my word not to reveal the name of the American and will not do so until the issue has been fully resolved

So you'll tell us who it is once it's been revealed?

Will you also be telling us next Saturday's Lotto numbers on Sunday?

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:
wanderlust wrote:I gave my word not to reveal the name of the American and will not do so until the issue has been fully resolved

Some fucking armchair this blokes got.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:

If you want me to, sure....19, 26, 40, 52, 56, 58. And the bonus ball is 38.

I'll cough up the name if the Saudis buy or it's otherwise confirmed that the US billionaire has definitely walked - providing my contact agrees.

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I can reveal that Katie Piper will be eliminated from Strictly this evening.

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

wanderlust wrote:

If you want me to, sure....19, 26, 40, 52, 56, 58. And the bonus ball is 38.

I'll cough up the name if the Saudis buy or it's otherwise confirmed that the US billionaire has definitely walked - providing my contact agrees.
Boggers has nothing on you.

Growler

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

I take anything Ken says with a pinch of salt so will believe the big money takeover when it happens.
My dream would be for Sam to come home and be given £25 million transfer spends to confirm our promotion next season.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Growler wrote:I take anything Ken says with a pinch of salt so will believe the big money takeover when it happens.
My dream would be for Sam to come home and be given £25 million transfer spends to confirm our promotion next season.
Any incoming investor would have to pay whatever Anderson will accept - and he may hold out for £30 million - plus repayment of the loans that Anderson has taken out against the club's assets in order to get them back, say another £20 million plus other current liabilities including taxes at the time of purchase just to own a club that is losing money hand over fist.
On top of that £55 to £60 million, they'd then have to fork out whatever was needed to turn the club into a profitable business which is an unknown because we don't know what their plans to do so would be. I don't think £25 million would be anything like enough to guarantee promotion back to the Premiership if you look at the kind of money some clubs have spent and still failed to get there.
At modern prices we're probably looking for the level of investment ED made in the club just to get into and survive at the bottom end of the Premiership - and no investor would be daft enough to aim for that so we're starting to talk megabucks.
It's understandable that investors would be put off by the thought of the first £30 million they invest disappearing overnight as Toadface skips off into the sunset with it so. 
Getting bought out by a serious player or not comes down to one thing for me - does Anderson genuinely give a shit for BWFC or is he prepared to to put his own financial gain first even if it means the club suffering as a result?

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Growler wrote:I take anything Ken says with a pinch of salt so will believe the big money takeover when it happens.

I think you're right to be cautious about what Ken says. I don't think we'll ever see the Fat Walrus back- and even if he did I don't think £25 mill would go far these days. Stick a zero on the end and we might get somewhere near promotion

I don’t expect KA to care about the club as such - nor do I blame him for not doing so. As has been said many time he’s a businessman who wants to turn a profit. Regarding his other business interests i’d be interested to know whether the public financial disputes at the club have damaged his reputation or not? 

It’s clear he wants to sell for the right price now, which makes sense for all involved. Can’t say I’m hopeful of anyone actually coming through though we’ve seen it all before.

Growler

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

The quality of manager isn't as important as the amount of money being spent, but I reckon  Sam would create a formidable, promotion chasing Championship team with £25 million.Some other managers wouldn't
When he got us promoted back in 2001 there was no war chest given to him by Eddie Davies.It was his fine management rather than  money that was the main factor in our success then.He had the remnants of Colin Todd's play off losing team and topped it up with bargains like Ricketts and Charlton, the sort of signings Parky could make now if he had the vision.

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Growler wrote: the sort of signings Parky could make now if he had the vision.
And therein lies the problem, in Parkinson's world Doidge is the future.

Growler wrote:The quality of manager isn't as important as the amount of money being spent, but I reckon  Sam would create a formidable, promotion chasing Championship team with £25 million.Some other managers wouldn't
When he got us promoted back in 2001 there was no war chest given to him by Eddie Davies.It was his fine management rather than  money that was the main factor in our success then.He had the remnants of Colin Todd's play off losing team and topped it up with bargains like Ricketts and Charlton, the sort of signings Parky could make now if he had the vision.

Agreed on Allardyce, Parky clearly not on his level. 

The Ricketts signing shares a lot of characteristics with that of Oztumer - out of contract, division below and done well for Walsall.

However the situation is markedly different now, those signings are more and more difficult to come by, I’m sure you’d agree. 

Parky’s transfer record will hinge largely on Doidge - slightly unfairly maybe but that’s the ‘big fee’ striker so he really needs to come off. I think he’s shown enough to suggest that given the chances he’ll be fine.

Last edited by T.R.O.Y on Mon Oct 15 2018, 13:29; edited 2 times in total

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum