Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Pair of foreign investors in £30m race to buy Wanderers!

+12
Growler
Nigelbwfc
luckyPeterpiper
Natasha Whittam
karlypants
Cajunboy
terenceanne
MartinBWFC
wessy
rammywhite
wanderlust
BoltonTillIDie
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 4]

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

How long do you think it will be before we realise its yet another false dawn ?

Nigelbwfc

Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

gloswhite wrote:How long do you think it will be before we realise its yet another false dawn ?
Well if you mean is it certain of hapoening, no it's not. It's very early days. Don't forget the football league have to get new ownership and there's a lot of negotiations to do.

I'm not jumping out of my seat, what will happen will happen. There's clearly a long way to go. If I'd been in Ken's position, I wouldn't say anything until it was finalised.Hes chosen to be upfront. 

I'd say we're at least two months away from any deal.

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

The false dawn I referred to was that it would fizzle out, and we'd be left wondering what happened. I also think your time scale is pretty good, and I'm sure Ken is trying to keep everyone's interest, and optimism, going. Its a long time to be sitting on the edge of my seat though  Very Happy

Nigelbwfc wrote:I'd say we're at least two months away from any deal.

Based on?

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

T.R.O.Y wrote:

Based on?
It's a reasonable assumption that any deal will take time especially if Nixon is right about the Americans pulling out as it will now be a one horse race in which the investors will be more likely to work on Anderson's personal demands and he won't like that. Given Anderson's style, we'd expect him to turn down any reduced offer and then issue a press release saying how they were "unreasonable" or "didn't meet his criteria for what they planned for the club" or similar. 
However, with the bank of ED having closed and the assets having been exhausted Anderson may have run out of options and may have to do a deal but will be fighting tooth and claw to extract every last penny he can out of them. We'll see.

Not denying it will take time, it’s far from a simple deal. Just wondering where the 2 months figure came from.

Nigelbwfc

Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

T.R.O.Y wrote:

Based on?
Based on experience of watching other clubs get taken over.

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Its all gone very quiet about this. KA in particular is silent.

I wonder what happened to the two 'serious' investors.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

rammywhite wrote:Its all gone very quiet about this. KA in particular is silent.

I wonder what happened to the two 'serious' investors.
I heard on the grapevine that the Americans took issue with Anderson's valuation/payoff and stepped back. Hopefully they are still interested and are just waiting 'til Anderson either goes or sees sense, but I wouldn't bank on it. Don't know anything about the ME investors though. Either way it will take time although I imagine Anderson must be reconsidering his position the way it's going and maybe he'll renew his efforts to get an agreement?

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

The mysterious investors could save a bundle if we get relegated. I would think Ken's value of the club at that point would at least halved. Should anybody still be interested at that point.
Not sure what the point of buying us now would be. It's probably too late for the next window already. So if sold they inherit the fine ol mess we have now.  Well it's all speculation at the moment since we no nowt really.

How do you mean too late for the next window?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum