Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Should Coyle stay?

+13
BoltonTillIDie
xmiles
MartinBWFC
doffcocker
jayjay23
Sluffy
Hipster_Nebula
Spillthebeans
Keegan
Natasha Whittam
largehat
aaron_bwfc
Bolton Nuts
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

31Should Coyle stay? - Page 3 Empty Re: Should Coyle stay? Wed Aug 29 2012, 21:13

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

bwfc71 wrote:
So why did we have friendlies, again?

Be fair, Chris, you can't replicate actual league football in friendlies. All relegated teams go through a period of adaptation to a new league, whether it's one game, 3 games, or 10 games. Wolves only have 4 points too. It's one reason it's much easier to stay up than go back up. I'm not making excuses for Coyle or anyone, it's always been like that.

32Should Coyle stay? - Page 3 Empty Re: Should Coyle stay? Wed Aug 29 2012, 21:22

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Managerial Positions

Falkirk 31/1/2003 – 20/5/2003 19 games – won 12, drew 3, lost 4 (win 63%)

St Johnstone 15/4/05 – 22/11/07 70 games – won 36, drew 20, lost 14 (win 51%)

Burnley 22/11/07 – 5/1/2010 116 games – won 49, drew 29, lost 38 (win 42%)

Bolton 8/1/10 – today 119 games – won 40, drew 23, lost 56 (win 34%)

Notes: Games as in all competitions

Lets take it to same number of games as Burnley which equates to 1 draw, 1 win and 1 loss to take off, guess what the win percentage rate is…… 34% much worse than when he was manager at Burnley – the stats show it all. He has to go.

Last edited by bwfc71 on Wed Aug 29 2012, 21:25; edited 1 time in total

33Should Coyle stay? - Page 3 Empty Re: Should Coyle stay? Wed Aug 29 2012, 21:24

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

largehat wrote:
bwfc71 wrote:
So why did we have friendlies, again?

Be fair, Chris, you can't replicate actual league football in friendlies. All relegated teams go through a period of adaptation to a new league, whether it's one game, 3 games, or 10 games. Wolves only have 4 points too. It's one reason it's much easier to stay up than go back up. I'm not making excuses for Coyle or anyone, it's always been like that.

There is a bit of that but the friendlies are there to get match fit, to get used to new surroundings (i.e. league) to looking at new partnerships and new formations and to experiment around - but none of that happened and we are still as useless as we were over the last 18 months.

34Should Coyle stay? - Page 3 Empty Re: Should Coyle stay? Wed Aug 29 2012, 21:29

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

But we didn't play anyone from the league?

The pre season games are primarily for fitness and to try out players/formations.

I don't think any body (correct me) is expecting us to win 5-0 every game but it's more the inability to pass and move, and defend properly.

35Should Coyle stay? - Page 3 Empty Re: Should Coyle stay? Wed Aug 29 2012, 21:29

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

bwfc71 wrote:

There is a bit of that but the friendlies are there to get match fit, to get used to new surroundings (i.e. league) to looking at new partnerships and new formations and to experiment around - but none of that happened and we are still as useless as we were over the last 18 months.

I was talking in more general terms, I think my point is true for all relegated teams. It's one of the challenge of relegation. Between us, Wolves and Blackburn we have 15 points out of a possible 27 so far.

I'm not saying it isn't Coyle's job to manage that transition or that he's done it well, I just don't think friendlies could prepare us for the level of intensity Burnley and Forest showed.

36Should Coyle stay? - Page 3 Empty Re: Should Coyle stay? Wed Aug 29 2012, 21:33

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Thing is as some would say, although I wouldn't say it the same way, Coyle has had history in the league and should know the intensity and should have prepared for it like he did with Burnley - but although that is true to a point I do agree with you, a little, as the division has changed and become more intense since he was last in the division but that then also shows he hasn't done his homework thoroughly enough in knowing how the division has changed and how to prepare for it!

37Should Coyle stay? - Page 3 Empty Re: Should Coyle stay? Wed Aug 29 2012, 21:36

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

largehat wrote:...I just don't think friendlies could prepare us for the level of intensity Burnley and Forest showed.

And Crawley Town.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

38Should Coyle stay? - Page 3 Empty Re: Should Coyle stay? Wed Aug 29 2012, 22:15

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

largehat wrote:
BoltonTillIDie wrote:
Of course they can! But win for coyle?

It's just a username, BTID. You live in Halifax, you don't take "BoltonTillIDie" literally to the ultimate degree. I don't own a large hat. Natasha has an Adam's Apple. Hipster isn't hip.

I will be a Bolton fan till I die - so my username is correct

You don't own a large hat...You have misled me. I'm seething Shocked

Hipster, in my opinion is hip

Natasha has an Adam's Apple - I don't understand the logic behind this one... scratch

Anyway...I'm just jealous

39Should Coyle stay? - Page 3 Empty Re: Should Coyle stay? Wed Aug 29 2012, 23:10

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Keegan wrote:
largehat wrote:...I just don't think friendlies could prepare us for the level of intensity Burnley and Forest showed.

And Crawley Town.
Snigger

40Should Coyle stay? - Page 3 Empty Re: Should Coyle stay? Wed Aug 29 2012, 23:15

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Angry Dad wrote:
Keegan wrote:

And Crawley Town.
Snigger

Go and read your Mills & Boon novel AD.

41Should Coyle stay? - Page 3 Empty Re: Should Coyle stay? Wed Aug 29 2012, 23:32

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

largehat wrote:
Angry Dad wrote:
Keegan wrote:

And Crawley Town.
Snigger

Go and read your Mills & Boon novel AD.
Actually LH i am reading a book about How to get away with murder. Bloody interesting read it is. Got a haircut today ,sleeping in the spare room tonight. Im seething.

42Should Coyle stay? - Page 3 Empty Re: Should Coyle stay? Wed Aug 29 2012, 23:37

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Angry Dad wrote:
Actually LH i am reading a book about How to get away with murder. Bloody interesting read it is. Got a haircut today ,sleeping in the spare room tonight. Im seething.

Did you ask for "a lot on the floor" or was it just a trim? I hope you haven't done anything drastic.

As for your reading that book, I hope that it's just reading for pleasure and not practical use.

I'd love to know why you're in the spare room. Do you have an STD or did your missus read your post about three people in a marriage?

43Should Coyle stay? - Page 3 Empty Re: Should Coyle stay? Wed Aug 29 2012, 23:52

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

largehat wrote:
Angry Dad wrote:

Did you ask for "a lot on the floor" or was it just a trim? I hope you haven't done anything drastic.

As for your reading that book, I hope that it's just reading for pleasure and not practical use.

I'd love to know why you're in the spare room. Do you have an STD or did your missus read your post about three people in a marriage?
Nah just a tidy up, spare room ? dunno she wont tell me why but i think its got something to do with me kissing her best friend on the lips for too long instead of a peck on the cheek. I give her a lot of rides you see and she was just being grateful but she'd had a couple of glasses of wine so maybe a bit too enthusiastic with her thanks. She doesn't know about this site otherwise i would be in big shit over suranne.

44Should Coyle stay? - Page 3 Empty Re: Should Coyle stay? Thu Aug 30 2012, 00:00

jayjay23

jayjay23
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

This "intensity of the league" business (I'm sorry) but it's bollocks.
8 times out of 10 a Premier League team will defeat a Championship team in a cup game. They don't have to adjust to anything. They come out and play, and win. Simple.

45Should Coyle stay? - Page 3 Empty Re: Should Coyle stay? Thu Aug 30 2012, 00:32

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Angry Dad wrote:[she wont tell me why but i think its got something to do with me kissing her best friend on the lips for too long instead of a peck on the cheek. I give her a lot of rides you see and she was just being grateful but she'd had a couple of glasses of wine so maybe a bit too enthusiastic with her thanks.

Ha, ha, I've got visions of Del Boy kissing Marlene (Boycie's wife) a bit too enthusiastically in the Nag's Head in 'Only Fools'.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum