Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Could you do a better job than Coyle?

+12
Born to be a wanderer
largehat
xmiles
terenceanne
Natasha Whittam
doffcocker
aaron_bwfc
bwfc71
Hipster_Nebula
Dunkels King
Sluffy
jayjay23
16 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Could you do a better job than Coyle? Empty Could you do a better job than Coyle? Wed Aug 29 2012, 12:30

jayjay23

jayjay23
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Why does Owen Coyle seem to persist with the same things which everyone seems to think are his downfall?

For example, we have the SAME PLAYERS getting picked pretty much week in and week out regardless of form or desire shown on the pitch. And regardless of results.

We tend to have the SAME FORMATION set up that appears to have cost us points and goals on so many occasions but it still doesn't get changed - not even experimented with.

The worst you can do in a game of football is lose. And when you lose nearly every week then what difference would it make if he experimented JUST ONCE to see how it went? Even if it was a disaster and we got hammered. AT LEAST TRY IT!

If you were the Bolton manager what changes would you be making at the club?

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

The strategy and tactics for a start.

I’d want to know the strengths and weaknesses of the opposition and plan for them, I'd move away from the insane notion that 4-4-2 with two wide men is the answer to everything.

I'd want a backroom staff who knew how to deal with injures, provide player analysis and utilise the best training and recuperation methods and dietary and nutritional plans.

I'd drop any player who came off the pitch with a smile on his face if we had lost.

And these are just basic changes that any muppet (bar one!) could do.

Dunkels King

Dunkels King
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Good post Sluffy. Seeing players coming off the pitch laughing and joking when we have just been hammered shows a complete lack of respect to the fans. It also shows to me that the Manager has not got the respect of the players. At one time I really liked Coyle for what I thought was his honesty and integrity. Clearly, the way things have gone the last 18 months I was wrong as he spouts the same shit every week. He has surrounded himself with other clueless idiots and is clearly going to settle us in the bottm half of the table. I really do believe that anyone with a bit of an idea about football could do a better job with the players that we have.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I probably couldn't to be honest but i certainly would have let Kevin Davies and Zat Knight walk for sure.

and i'd probably employ Mark Davies further forward and be looking to bleed the youngsters a bit more.

my main change would be dropping anyone who is unwilling or unable to pass the ball, or move to receive it to the reserves/transfer list.

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Sluffy wrote:The strategy and tactics for a start.

I’d want to know the strengths and weaknesses of the opposition and plan for them, I'd move away from the insane notion that 4-4-2 with two wide men is the answer to everything.

I'd want a backroom staff who knew how to deal with injures, provide player analysis and utilise the best training and recuperation methods and dietary and nutritional plans.

I'd drop any player who came off the pitch with a smile on his face if we had lost.

And these are just basic changes that any muppet (bar one!) could do.

Totally agree with what you say Sluffy!

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

I'd start with a complete overhaul of the backroom staff and bring in 4 top drawer scouts, an assistant manager like sammy lee or a gary speed type who will have the respect of the players. Having the coaches actually coach the players who to pass and move working in triangle type movements.

Tactics wise i'd have one winger like lee on the right and wide midfielder, wylde for example who will track back and defend allowing alonso to get forward. I would also go 4-5-1 with Mark davies sat behind Afobe or Sordell.

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I could have kept us up last season.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Under Allardyce we were generally difficult to beat. He started every game happy to draw 0-0.

The key to Coyle's failings is his inability to shore up the defence. By offering a new contract to our worst player last season and then to pay £2m for the awful Mills shows he, quite simply, is clueless in this department.

I'm happy for Gartside to keep Coyle on if he can back it up with a better reason than "he's the best man for the job" or "I have faith in him".

Surely the only reason Coyle hasn't got the bullet is the cost of getting rid of him.

And yes, I could do a better job than Coyle.

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Bring in players who have basic ball control and passing ability. After that you can use whatever tactics to win the game.
Swansea put together 44 passes in a row last weekend (not backwards either) .... if you have the ball the other team can't do anything...it's simples. When was the last time BWFC strung together 6 or 7 passes?
SKD should have been put to pasture with those wages saved for another striker. Then those that continue to hoof .....to the reserves.

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

doffcocker wrote:I could have kept us up last season.

I believe you. I think anybody but Coyle could have kept us up last season.

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Anyone with half a brain would have been able to take the 0-0 at norwich and shut up shop and take a point against stoke, simple things that stare coyle point blank in the face.

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Not giving a chance to various players considering how bad the tried and tested lot were was difficult enough to forgive. Reverting back to 4-4-2 with 4 games left after finally finding some rhythm with 4-5-1 and ditching Davies was pathetic. A lot of people thought I was crackers for my rant about Kevin after he scored two at Sunderland. On the back of that he played 263 of the remaining 270 minutes of the season and was rubbish - just the point I was alluding to, and we were sort of consequently relegated. I don't blame Davies, I blame Coyle for failing to recognise that a player scoring two goals shouldn't necessarily make him automatic choice for the following several games.

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Anybody on this forum who thinks they could manage a professional football club is a moron.

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

largehat wrote:Anybody on this forum who thinks they could manage a professional football club is a moron.

The way we are defending at the minute you wouldn't think we were professional.

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

largehat wrote:Anybody on this forum who thinks they could manage a professional football club is a moron.

So they would just be slightly better than the current set-up!

Cool

Born to be a wanderer

Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Pissed wet through and winds to dangerous to carry on working at this height.Thought id browse the board.Largehat wrote anyone who thinks they could run a pro footy club is mad.Well everything looks easier when you are not doing it but Coyles 4-4-2 isnt working especially away from home.Id play 4-2-3-1 with two holding midfielders away from home.Winning the midfield is where matches are lost and won.As soon as our attack breaks down we have 2 Forwards doing fuck all as the opposition cuase mayhem.Problem is we do not have holding midfielders at the moment.Taking points away from home will only work either 4-5-1 or the 4-2-3-1 formation.We played 4-5-1 till KD came on for Mark Davies and we went conventional4-4-2 result winning 1-0 at time of subsitution 13 minutes later2-1 to Crawley.Coyle is running out of time.Pratley fucking useless.Alonso couldnt tackle a sunday roast.Also when a player gets to the bye line to cross Zat Knight is always stood on the penalty spot not trying to cut the cross out.Calamity.Not that im arsed about the poxy Cup but the performance defence wise was shyte.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Born to be a wanderer wrote:Pissed wet through and winds to dangerous to carry on working at this height.

Jump. Please.

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

The Tea lady could do a better job than Coyle.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Don't talk rubbish, it's bloody easy.

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:

Don't talk rubbish, it's bloody easy.

Moron.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum