Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Coyle Out

+5
gloswhite
doffcocker
Hipster_Nebula
xmiles
Sluffy
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1Coyle Out Empty Coyle Out Sat Feb 11 2012, 17:06

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

I'm sorry but I just can't believe it.

He picks broadly the same team to play in the same 4-4-2 system that hasn't worked for more than a year.

When I say it doesn't work I mean that we have lost THIRTY Premier games by playing that way, with these players.

Not once or twice - THIRTY times.

They say only a fool doesn't learn from their mistakes.

It's just ridiculous.

It's almost as though he is been given instructions to relegate us from the 'Barclay' Premier League.

2Coyle Out Empty Re: Coyle Out Sat Feb 11 2012, 17:13

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

The only comfort I can hope to get from this shambles is seeing that idiot Coyle take the positives from this disaster in his post match interview.

What possessed him to play Davies and then keep him on so long? Did he do it for a bet? Nothing else makes any sense at all.

3Coyle Out Empty Re: Coyle Out Sat Feb 11 2012, 17:14

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I agree with the sentiment, i do believe he has deserved the sack this season.

but when i say that i mean months and months ago.

it's too late now and it's time for us to realise he is here for the long haul, and if that means season after season in the championship we'll have to live with it!

4Coyle Out Empty Re: Coyle Out Sat Feb 11 2012, 18:00

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Clearly Gartside won't sack Coyle before the summer but he has a chance to do so then. Unfortunately I don't think he will. Maybe it's a money thing, maybe it's because he's as clueless as Coyle despite striking lucky with Allardyce.

Is Coyle capable of getting us promoted next season? He managed it with Burnley but given his incredible tactical naivety (4-4-2!!!?) and failure to learn from repeated failure I am not optimistic.

5Coyle Out Empty Re: Coyle Out Sat Feb 11 2012, 18:03

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Was there a single person in the stadium that would have picked that side?

That in itself is a worry - the fact that Coyle is apparently viewing things from a completely different angle to the vast majority of the fans!

6Coyle Out Empty Re: Coyle Out Sat Feb 11 2012, 18:17

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Coyle really is a numpty. As Doffer says, just what is going through his mind? How can he, in all truth, justify, even to himself, the team formation, and the way we play. If we feel this way, what about the players?

7Coyle Out Empty Re: Coyle Out Sat Feb 11 2012, 18:17

Quent

Quent
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

xmiles wrote:Clearly Gartside won't sack Coyle before the summer but he has a chance to do so then. Unfortunately I don't think he will. Maybe it's a money thing, maybe it's because he's as clueless as Coyle despite striking lucky with Allardyce.

Is Coyle capable of getting us promoted next season? He managed it with Burnley but given his incredible tactical naivety (4-4-2!!!?) and failure to learn from repeated failure I am not optimistic.

Even ignoring Coyle's lack of managerial ability, this current team wouldn't beat the likes of Leicester, Southampton, Cardiff etc. If we go down and Coyle is still manager I have little doubt it'll be another relegation battle.

8Coyle Out Empty Re: Coyle Out Sat Feb 11 2012, 18:38

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

It's interesting that every text on GMR questioned the 4-4-2 formation, yet Jack Dearden seemed to ask Coyle about everything but!

9Coyle Out Empty Re: Coyle Out Sat Feb 11 2012, 19:06

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

I'm so tired of being depressed after a Bolton game, and I think its fair to say, the most influencing factor for this is Coyle and his tactics which seems to confuse his 'group' of players as much as the rest of us

10Coyle Out Empty Re: Coyle Out Sat Feb 11 2012, 21:49

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

I honestly thought Coyle had learned a lesson after the Everton, Liverpool and Arsenal games, we had a formation that worked and players that seemed to suit that formtaion.

Yet his persistants with wanting to attack teams with 4-4-2 will be his downfall and lead to us being relegated.

Sadly it's too late to sack him and I honeslty don't think Gartside will get shut if we went down.

11Coyle Out Empty Re: Coyle Out Sun Feb 12 2012, 13:04

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Owen Coyle is quickly becoming the worst manager in our history.

The only way I can explain his tactics at Norwich and at home to Wigan is EGO. He'll be aware of what's being said in the press and around the internet, and like a lot of managers, will want to show he's no poodle and is his own man - hence the switch to 4-4-2 and Kevin Davies upfront.

He'll know we're going down but no way has he got the balls to resign. We are stuck with this fanny all the way to the Championship.

12Coyle Out Empty Re: Coyle Out Sun Feb 12 2012, 13:07

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Hi Natasha, good to see you

13Coyle Out Empty Re: Coyle Out Sun Feb 12 2012, 13:11

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

gloswhite wrote:Hi Natasha, good to see you

Thank-you. I have been in New York which is a complete Owen Coyle-free zone. I might move there.

14Coyle Out Empty Re: Coyle Out Sun Feb 12 2012, 13:16

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Cracking place, hope you enjoyed it.

15Coyle Out Empty Re: Coyle Out Sun Feb 12 2012, 13:23

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
gloswhite wrote:Hi Natasha, good to see you

Thank-you. I have been in New York which is a complete Owen Coyle-free zone. I might move there.

Good to have you back Nat, been a bit quiet without you. I did mention you'd be in New York.

Shame you missed going to some games though, first you've missed in... well ever isn't it?

16Coyle Out Empty Re: Coyle Out Sun Feb 12 2012, 13:54

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Great to see you back Natasha.

I honestly mean that too.

17Coyle Out Empty Re: Coyle Out Sun Feb 12 2012, 14:11

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Welcome back Natasha...

Not been the same without you!

(did I actually say that?)

18Coyle Out Empty Re: Coyle Out Sun Feb 12 2012, 14:42

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm welling up.....you bunch of soppy buggers, you'll be slagging me off inside a week.

19Coyle Out Empty Re: Coyle Out Sun Feb 12 2012, 14:48

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Natasha Whittam wrote:I'm welling up.....you bunch of soppy buggers, you'll be slagging me off inside a week.

At the risk of tipping you over the edge your posts were one of the main reasons I joined Bolton Nuts.

20Coyle Out Empty Re: Coyle Out Sun Feb 12 2012, 15:19

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

xmiles wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:I'm welling up.....you bunch of soppy buggers, you'll be slagging me off inside a week.

At the risk of tipping you over the edge your posts were one of the main reasons I joined Bolton Nuts.

You are currently leading the race to run my official fanclub.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum