Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Believe in me! - Coyle

+10
xmiles
largehat
Lofty_Love
bwfc71
gloswhite
Natasha Whittam
doffcocker
Hipster_Nebula
Reebok Trotter
Sluffy
14 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

1Believe in me! - Coyle  Empty Believe in me! - Coyle Mon Feb 20 2012, 17:55

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

The man is deluded imo - what do you think?

OWEN Coyle has promised fans their faith will be rewarded if they stick with him during the fight against relegation.

Goals from Ryo Miyaichi and David Ngog booked a quarter-final meeting against either Spurs or Stevenage with a 2-0 win over Millwall and Wanderers are now just 90 minutes away from another big day out at Wembley.

But the more pressing concern is on matters Premier League, where the Whites are still a point from safety heading into games against Chelsea and Manchester City in the next fortnight.

After a week in which his tactics and selection had been heavily criticised, both Coyle and the team – back in the favoured 4-5-1 formation – were given a standing ovation as they left the pitch at The Den.

And after two years of heavy restructuring on the playing and financial front, the manager believes that a united front will be vital if the club is to reap the rewards of their hard work in the summer.

“They were outstanding again,” he said of the supporters who travelled down to Millwall.

“They got behind the players and the manager and it’s great for me.

“You will always get dissenting voices, but in the main we have a fantastic core of support who are invaluable to us.

“I think they can see what we are trying to put in place in the long term. But I have to address what we are doing in the short term.

“I want my players to share the passion and enthusiasm I have for Bolton Wanderers.

“And if we do that, come the end of the season, I believe we will be sitting with a smile on our faces.

“We will be in a position where the club has never been for many years.”

Coyle moved back to the five-man midfield that had been absent against Wigan and in the second half at Norwich, reintroducing Fabrice Muamba to the starting line-up.

But he could potentially have an injury worry ahead of next wekend’s trip to Stamford Bridge with Mark Davies coming off before the end, feeling a tight hamstring.

Tim Ream also made his debut, while Miyaichi also made a good case for inclusion as Wanderers turn their attentions back towards the fight for safety.

“I want players playing well to give me a selection headache not because they are out of sorts,” Coyle said. “The better they play, as much as it is a difficult decision, the easier it is for me to get a team of quality on the pitch.

“We know we have two tough away games coming up. But I always say as long as we came out of the Chelsea and Man City games still in touch - as we will be - we will have played five of the top six again, we have then got games we are more than capable of winning.

“It’s not giving up on these next two games because I believe we can go and get points at Chelsea and City.

“People might think that is a bit foolhardy but if we go and be as solid as we can be and be dangerous on the counter attack we are capable of causing any team problems.

“Every week is a cup final for us now because that’s the way it’s going to be.”

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

2Believe in me! - Coyle  Empty Re: Believe in me! - Coyle Mon Feb 20 2012, 18:21

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think that if Coyle wasn't a former player and a genuine nice guy then most fans would have ripped him a new 'A-hole' by now!

Talk is cheap but it's results that count.

Last edited by Reebok Trotter on Mon Feb 20 2012, 18:51; edited 2 times in total

3Believe in me! - Coyle  Empty Re: Believe in me! - Coyle Mon Feb 20 2012, 18:24

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Again, What should he say?

"We're fcuking crap and we're doomed"

and don't give me the "bit of honesty" line.

As sluffy (i think) said, this manager lark is all about keeping pampered millionaires happy and ready to perform, by coming out and slagging them in the press and being a negative numpty we'll perform even worse, because the players will say fcuk him!

4Believe in me! - Coyle  Empty Re: Believe in me! - Coyle Mon Feb 20 2012, 18:30

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Chants of "Owen Coyle's Super White Army" depress me.

It's difficult to want to get behind a manager when he's singing from a completely different hymn sheet to everyone else in terms of his team selections and tactics.

If we stay up, it will be despite Coyle in my eyes, rather than because of.

5Believe in me! - Coyle  Empty Re: Believe in me! - Coyle Mon Feb 20 2012, 18:31

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Again, What should he say?

The truth.

That the players have given some truly woeful performances and unless they buck up they'll be looking for new clubs in the Summer.

We've had Coyle's positive spin on a crap situation for almost 12 months now - safe to say it hasn't worked don't you think.

Time for a bit of honesty, shame some of these players into trying a bit harder.

6Believe in me! - Coyle  Empty Re: Believe in me! - Coyle Mon Feb 20 2012, 18:34

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Again, What should he say?

"We're fcuking crap and we're doomed"

and don't give me the "bit of honesty" line.

As sluffy (i think) said, this manager lark is all about keeping pampered millionaires happy and ready to perform, by coming out and slagging them in the press and being a negative numpty we'll perform even worse, because the players will say fcuk him!

Time for a bit of honesty,

laughably predictable.

7Believe in me! - Coyle  Empty Re: Believe in me! - Coyle Mon Feb 20 2012, 18:46

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:

laughably predictable.

Predictable? Why, because I've said it before?

We've tried the softly, softly approach and it hasn't worked. Time to bollock a few players.

If I was in charge I'd Tweet how much each player gets paid each week - perhaps some of the players might then feel a bit guilty.

8Believe in me! - Coyle  Empty Re: Believe in me! - Coyle Mon Feb 20 2012, 18:49

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Look i agree with the sentiment, but it's not reality I'm afraid.

Muppets who come out and lambast the players usually end up, sacked, with a divided dressing room or on massive losing streaks.

I know we're playing shit but trust me, if coyle acted like a prize prick, in the way you suggest, it'd be much worse.

9Believe in me! - Coyle  Empty Re: Believe in me! - Coyle Mon Feb 20 2012, 18:53

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I know one thing....

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

10Believe in me! - Coyle  Empty Re: Believe in me! - Coyle Mon Feb 20 2012, 19:01

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Hipster, Not telling the players and the fans the truth is lying to everyone. 'Reality' is relegation staring us in the face. Just how long do you want him to spout shit all day long, and more importantly why are you advocating such a ridiculous approach

11Believe in me! - Coyle  Empty Re: Believe in me! - Coyle Mon Feb 20 2012, 19:04

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

gloswhite wrote:Hipster, Not telling the players and the fans the truth is lying to everyone. 'Reality' is relegation staring us in the face. Just how long do you want him to spout shit all day long, and more importantly why are you advocating such a ridiculous approach

Muppets who come out and lambast the players usually end up, sacked, with a divided dressing room or on massive losing streaks.

I know we're playing shit but trust me, if coyle acted like a prize prick, in the way you suggest, it'd be much worse.

12Believe in me! - Coyle  Empty Re: Believe in me! - Coyle Mon Feb 20 2012, 19:06

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Maybe I'm showing my naivety but don't you think Coyle actually DOES criticise the players to their faces behind closed doors?

I hope to God he does - otherwise they may as well do whatever the fuck they want, when they want.

I can understand this 'united' face to the outside world but it starts to become insincere and unconvincing if it is continually played out - which it as been for months now.

There's very few taken in by it now - so more reason to tell it more like it is, then to try and sell a story than no one actually believes any more.

IF Coyle actually does believe all the tripe he comes out with, then we really are doomed under his leadership.

All I ask for is a semblance of reality - 'but the fans are behind me', 'they can see the future', 'we don't need tactics', bullshit is all very far from the real world the rest of us inhabit and very worrying for the man's grasp of the situation he has led us to.

13Believe in me! - Coyle  Empty Re: Believe in me! - Coyle Mon Feb 20 2012, 19:07

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

So someone who tells the truth is a "muppet"?

You really have some strange ideas, do you think Posh n Becks are the king & queen of England?

14Believe in me! - Coyle  Empty Re: Believe in me! - Coyle Mon Feb 20 2012, 19:12

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

No, read again.

instead of not reading and then making something up. Getting a bit boring now.

and for me, at the end of the day, it's only football. I really don't care too much what he says, as long as he's not threatening to kill me.

15Believe in me! - Coyle  Empty Re: Believe in me! - Coyle Mon Feb 20 2012, 19:24

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:No, read again.

instead of not reading and then making something up. Getting a bit boring now.

and for me, at the end of the day, it's only football. I really don't care too much what he says, as long as he's not threatening to kill me.

Football is life and death. Shame on you.

16Believe in me! - Coyle  Empty Re: Believe in me! - Coyle Mon Feb 20 2012, 19:24

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote: do you think Posh n Becks are the king & queen of England?

You're telling me that they're not?

Damn! And that was the main reason why I moved to Holland, thinking they were!

Meanwhile back on topic....

Coyle needs to get real and say it as it is. We all know, anyway, but needs to come from the horses mouth to see that the club and him realise what is happening.

17Believe in me! - Coyle  Empty Re: Believe in me! - Coyle Mon Feb 20 2012, 19:29

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc71 wrote:

Coyle needs to get real and say it as it is. We all know, anyway, but needs to come from the horses mouth to see that the club and him realise what is happening.

Exactly. If Coyle told the truth the fans would have more respect for him.

18Believe in me! - Coyle  Empty Re: Believe in me! - Coyle Mon Feb 20 2012, 19:51

i'd rather hear the truth - it bothers me that coyle actually believes the rubbish he spouts.

19Believe in me! - Coyle  Empty Re: Believe in me! - Coyle Mon Feb 20 2012, 21:43

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Sluffy wrote:Maybe I'm showing my naivety but don't you think Coyle actually DOES criticise the players to their faces behind closed doors?

I think your right there, just because its what he says in press interviews doesn't mean its what he thinks or says to the players. The media can be deceiving.

Remember Knights arse licking crap before the Millwall game saying that coyles tactics were right and other team memebers wern't performing, it looked like Coyle haddent told him he was shit and Knight wouldnt be dropped... Then hes dropped and a Ream-Wheater not Ream-Knight partnership is tested at The Den

Im hoping Coyle does stick with this, but its a good example of how what we are shown, and what is actually happening are two very different things in football. All managers play the media game, and this is obviously Coyles way.. trying to keep up confidence for the fans, so they can go and support the squad.

I really do hope Coyle is more stern with the players behind closed door, and to be honest I think he is...

If he isnt he should become a primary school sports teacher, but even then he might get overpowered..

20Believe in me! - Coyle  Empty Re: Believe in me! - Coyle Mon Feb 20 2012, 21:49

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Playing the media game is one thing, but constantly denying the truth to the fans is a dangerous thing to do. As someone said earlier, OC is a nice guy, and an ex-player, but the fans aren't stupid, and to carry on with his nonsensical comments will only alienate them. Not a helpful thing when he's battling relegation.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum