Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Believe in me! - Coyle

+10
xmiles
largehat
Lofty_Love
bwfc71
gloswhite
Natasha Whittam
doffcocker
Hipster_Nebula
Reebok Trotter
Sluffy
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

41Believe in me! - Coyle  - Page 3 Empty Re: Believe in me! - Coyle Tue Feb 21 2012, 12:34

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

We would sign new, younger left sided players if they both leave.

We will have possibly Ricketts as well as Alonso and Eagles who could all play on the left as well.

42Believe in me! - Coyle  - Page 3 Empty Re: Believe in me! - Coyle Tue Feb 21 2012, 12:39

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

True, if we did go down, coyle would be in his element with all the loan signings you can make at that level.

43Believe in me! - Coyle  - Page 3 Empty Re: Believe in me! - Coyle Tue Feb 21 2012, 12:48

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

aaron_bwfc wrote:True, if we did go down, coyle would be in his element with all the loan signings you can make at that level.

Indeed, the bench would be full.

44Believe in me! - Coyle  - Page 3 Empty Re: Believe in me! - Coyle Tue Feb 21 2012, 12:50

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Shame he hasn't got the same nack of signing permenant players like he has with loan players or we might not be in so much shit in the league.

45Believe in me! - Coyle  - Page 3 Empty Re: Believe in me! - Coyle Tue Feb 21 2012, 13:14

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

It could be argued that despite Coyle's madness tactically, we might now be on a comfortable 28+/- points if Lee and Holden had been fit since August.
If we can just about stay up, we'll have a good, young team next season without the need to bring any new players in.
All being well, this is how our first team could look:

-----------Bogdan----------

Riley---Ream---Wheater---Alonso

MDavies--ReoCoker--Holden---CYL

--------N'Gog-----Sordell

And that's after we've released tonnes of overpaid, deadwood.

Ideally we could bring back Miyaichi for another year and possibly go 4-5-1, like so:

-----------Bogdan----------

Riley-----Ream----Wheater---Alonso

CYL--MDavies--ReoCoker--Holden-Myaichi

-----------N'Gog/Sordell

46Believe in me! - Coyle  - Page 3 Empty Re: Believe in me! - Coyle Tue Feb 21 2012, 13:17

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

A decent team is that, Doffcocker but we also need to include Muamba in the mix.

47Believe in me! - Coyle  - Page 3 Empty Re: Believe in me! - Coyle Tue Feb 21 2012, 13:22

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

If we stayed up, actually even if we went down I can't see OC sticking with 4-5-1. Even with how badly we have been beaten by teams this season I am convicned he is building a team to play 4-4-2.

I imagine the ideal team for OC next season will be

Bogdan

Mears.....Ream....Wheats....Alonso

CYL......Holden.....NRC.....Eagles

......Sordell....N'gog....

48Believe in me! - Coyle  - Page 3 Empty Re: Believe in me! - Coyle Tue Feb 21 2012, 13:31

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Aaron, no Mark Davies ? Do you reckon we will cash in on Little Messi ?

49Believe in me! - Coyle  - Page 3 Empty Re: Believe in me! - Coyle Tue Feb 21 2012, 13:33

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think there is no advantage in putting the boot in. Coyle is doing a great PR job with the media - it just doesn't wash with us fans who have to watch the dire performances. But if there is a long term plan and we are "a club in transition" then we can expect a rough ride whilst the team is being formed. We shouldn't be arsed about what he says to the media just as long as he makes damn sure that he lets the players know when they are not doing the business. For all we know, he could be ripping heads off in the changing room - at least I'd like to think so after some of the [email=cr@p]cr@p[/email] we've been dished up.

Looking at our performances so far this season the problem is superficially formation rather than tactics. I don't have a problem playing 442 but if we do we have to make sure that we don't give the ball away, that we keep our shape and our control and movement is good enough to carry it off - and that's where it's gone wrong - individual errors and/or players that are not skilful enough to keep the ball and pass it to a teammate. It's possible that had the lads performed well, 442 might have worked for us - I know OC is desperate to play 442 against the likes of Wigan and I can understand why given the strikers we have, but we are just not good enough (yet) to be able to sacrifice a midfielder to play that way - even against Wigan!

So we might as well have faith or at least hope that it will turn out for the best. We have some decent younger players who will hopefully come good and we need to pray that the pace of change as we move towards the OC vision won't be too fast to ensure we keep our premiership status.

That said, I think the pace of change is being forced upon us because of injuries and a small ageing squad anyway - so faith may have to take a back seat for a while. At least we're left with hope for the time being - and that's enough for me.

50Believe in me! - Coyle  - Page 3 Empty Re: Believe in me! - Coyle Tue Feb 21 2012, 13:33

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

aaron_bwfc wrote:If we stayed up, actually even if we went down I can't see OC sticking with 4-5-1. Even with how badly we have been beaten by teams this season I am convicned he is building a team to play 4-4-2.

I imagine the ideal team for OC next season will be

Bogdan

Mears.....Ream....Wheats....Alonso

CYL......Holden.....NRC.....Eagles

......Sordell....N'gog....

In the Prem that will mean another relegation struggle. In the Championship we probably won't hold on to Lee or Holden but if we did this lineup would probably get us to the playoffs but no further.

No Muamba and no Mavies? Mavies will have been sold no doubt whatever happens but Muamba?

51Believe in me! - Coyle  - Page 3 Empty Re: Believe in me! - Coyle Tue Feb 21 2012, 13:40

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

One player has been left out of those "fantasy" line ups and that is Zat Knight - Coyle's wonder-player!

52Believe in me! - Coyle  - Page 3 Empty Re: Believe in me! - Coyle Tue Feb 21 2012, 13:44

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Reebok Trotter wrote:Aaron, no Mark Davies ? Do you reckon we will cash in on Little Messi ?

If coyle persisted at playing 4-4-2 when Holden comes back then I honestly can't see M.Davies playing that much as he obviously can't get the best out of Sparky in that formation.

I just can't see Coyle dropping Holden when he is back to full fitness so it leaves a space for 1 of 3 players (Muamba, NRC or Mark Davies).

53Believe in me! - Coyle  - Page 3 Empty Re: Believe in me! - Coyle Tue Feb 21 2012, 14:34

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Post 50 -

"In the Prem that will mean another relegation struggle. In the Championship we probably won't hold on to Lee or Holden but if we did this lineup would probably get us to the playoffs but no further."

Wow, you don't think that team would get us automatic promotion? We'd have the best team in the Championship by a mile IMO.

54Believe in me! - Coyle  - Page 3 Empty Re: Believe in me! - Coyle Tue Feb 21 2012, 14:43

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Il Padrino wrote:
Wow, you don't think that team would get us automatic promotion? We'd have the best team in the Championship by a mile IMO.

I trust you're being sarcastic.

55Believe in me! - Coyle  - Page 3 Empty Re: Believe in me! - Coyle Tue Feb 21 2012, 16:21

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

No sarcasm. That lineup in post 50 would be teriffic at championship level. Full of experienced premier league players and a decent elementpf youth.

You seem to think everything and everyone is absolutely shit. Shit players, shit manager, shit tactics. If you were right we'd be on 9 points.

56Believe in me! - Coyle  - Page 3 Empty Re: Believe in me! - Coyle Tue Feb 21 2012, 16:32

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Firstly it's a big if that we will retain Lee and Holden if we go down, but even assuming we do the problems I see with this lineup are:

1. Eagles - he is far too inconsistant
2. the back 4 may be good but it's far too early to say they are and they have never played as a back 4
3. how many goals will a Sordell/Ngog partnership score? who knows?
4. Holden has been great for us when playing but is an NRC/Holden midfield strong enough? again who knows? and if Holden gets injured, then what?

Il Padrino I think you are being too optimistic - but I like your pizza.

57Believe in me! - Coyle  - Page 3 Empty Re: Believe in me! - Coyle Tue Feb 21 2012, 16:50

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Il Padrino wrote:You seem to think everything and everyone is absolutely shit. Shit players, shit manager, shit tactics.

I'm glad you've been following my work.

58Believe in me! - Coyle  - Page 3 Empty Re: Believe in me! - Coyle Tue Feb 21 2012, 16:52

Born to be a wanderer

Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Simple equation 4-4-2 got us 6 points barring the 1st game from August 17th till he introduced 4-5-1 at Blackburn.Next Match looking 0-0 all the way v Newcastle takes off Muamba,Eagles loses ball straight away takes about 30 seconds before he realises he has to chase lost ball, it gets cut back Ben Arfa 1-0.Calamity ensues Robinson the biggest liability in the back 4 barring Knight passes to Newcastle player, 2-0.Wolves Ricketts is back replacing leauge 1 standard Robinson scores a beauty 1-0.2 minutes after restart Jussis failure to come for a crossed free kick allows Fletcher to head in from 2 yards 1-1.13 points and the next 4 matches Everton A, Man U A,Liverpool H,Arsenal H.Pundits predict us to be cut adrift.We win 2 draw 1 lose only at Old Trafford.Inbetween them matches we see off Macclesfield n Swansea in the Cup.Then comes the Wigan match.20-000 plus Wanderers fans still smarting from OC,s failure to let us try for a point v Norwich at 0-0 changes system bringing Kd on in place of Muamba 5 minutes later 1-0 then 2-0 Newcastle Part 2.As i was saying 20-000 plus Wanderers fans see the team sheet 4-4-2 with KD partenering N,Gog.No Why????? we play terrible the midfield gets overun Kd is useless we lose 2-1.Coyle says well we won at Wigan with KD n N,Gog together.So what.Play 4-5-1 and we will believe in you (that you do have some semblance of reality.Look at the stats dumb ass)Going to Millwall was a reminder that the Premiership is the only place to be.The laugh of the day was that 1980,s Tv they had showing gillete soccer saturday on Sky.Breeze Block shit hole.If thats the new Den id hate to see the old one.If Coyle plays 4-5-1 till the end of the season we are still in it if KD ever starts 90 minutes the man is doing nothing but showing contempt for the Club and its Fans.Time will tell.

59Believe in me! - Coyle  - Page 3 Empty Re: Believe in me! - Coyle Tue Feb 21 2012, 16:55

Coyle is doing a fine job. He has a limited squad bought on a limited budget. Yes, the players could look like they cared more, but this is a Premier League problem, not just a Bolton one.

Keep the faith, if we can stay up I truly believe the future is bright with a young side trying to play football the way it should.

60Believe in me! - Coyle  - Page 3 Empty Re: Believe in me! - Coyle Tue Feb 21 2012, 17:09

Great thread. Half of Bolton is clearly in major denial.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum