Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Believe in me! - Coyle

+10
xmiles
largehat
Lofty_Love
bwfc71
gloswhite
Natasha Whittam
doffcocker
Hipster_Nebula
Reebok Trotter
Sluffy
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 4]

61Believe in me! - Coyle  - Page 4 Empty Re: Believe in me! - Coyle Tue Feb 21 2012, 17:25

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I think we've got a good chance of keeping hold of Holden even if we go down.
He will have virtually not played for a year and a half come June. Because of this, great as he is when fit, there might not be a massive queue for his signature.

Not sure, but I read he was on £30,000 ish a week. Its a lot to ask the club to try and keep hold of a player on that much in the Championship but he could be the difference between us coming straight back up and is being completely mediocre or even flirting with double relegation. Or am I over-rating him?

62Believe in me! - Coyle  - Page 4 Empty Re: Believe in me! - Coyle Tue Feb 21 2012, 17:27

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

born to be a wanderer, you should submit that analysis of the season so far for inclusion in the matchday programme.

63Believe in me! - Coyle  - Page 4 Empty Re: Believe in me! - Coyle Tue Feb 21 2012, 17:59

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

doffcocker wrote:or even flirting with double relegation.

You negative bugger.

64Believe in me! - Coyle  - Page 4 Empty Re: Believe in me! - Coyle Tue Feb 21 2012, 18:07

doffcocker wrote:I think we've got a good chance of keeping hold of Holden even if we go down.
He will have virtually not played for a year and a half come June. Because of this, great as he is when fit, there might not be a massive queue for his signature.

Unfortunately I fear there will be, if they don't have to pay a huge fee someone will take a punt - if he can stay injury-free he will be player of the season for someone.

65Believe in me! - Coyle  - Page 4 Empty Re: Believe in me! - Coyle Tue Feb 21 2012, 18:13

coyle spouts rubbish but who cares. it's his job to portray a happy changing room.

i suspect the truth is very different, but that will be the same up and down the country.

66Believe in me! - Coyle  - Page 4 Empty Re: Believe in me! - Coyle Tue Feb 21 2012, 18:15

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

BTBAW - reporting live from Bolton Nuts.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

67Believe in me! - Coyle  - Page 4 Empty Re: Believe in me! - Coyle Tue Feb 21 2012, 19:05

Born to be a wanderer

Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

I dont for one minute think the players do not care.The Manager has to admit that going 4-4-2 was a mistake by himself and it was nothing to do with tactics.Muamba before Reo Coker came was never my favourite player by far but with him and reo coker in the side they work well together.He breaks attacks up allows Reo Coker to join in attacks while Muamba can cover him if such attacks break down.Tactics are important its obvious to all and sundry.This season has been difficult,injuries,losing Elmander,players coming to the end of their careers.Not much money to spend.But we are still in it and i think as long as he sticks with the successful 4-5-1 formation i think we will be ok.

68Believe in me! - Coyle  - Page 4 Empty Re: Believe in me! - Coyle Tue Feb 21 2012, 20:22

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

You're right we are still in it ... and getting deeper by the game.

69Believe in me! - Coyle  - Page 4 Empty Re: Believe in me! - Coyle Tue Feb 21 2012, 20:30

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Born to be a wanderer wrote:This season has been difficult,injuries,losing Elmander,players coming to the end of their careers.

I hope the Elmander thing was a joke.

70Believe in me! - Coyle  - Page 4 Empty Re: Believe in me! - Coyle Wed Feb 22 2012, 15:01

Born to be a wanderer

Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

No IMO Elmander was a good footballer.Zenit ST Petersburg have supposedly increased an initial bid for him for 6 million euros to a possible 15 million euros.Albeit paper talk.Maybe a good thread to start on the Missing or not in your opinion thread.An opinion you are entitled to and it would be interesting to think what others felt on the issue.

71Believe in me! - Coyle  - Page 4 Empty Re: Believe in me! - Coyle Wed Feb 22 2012, 15:10

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

2 things wrong with Elmander's time with us and neither was his fault.

Firstly we paid over the odds for him - can't blame him for that.

Secondly, he was touted as a front man so was expected to score loads of goals. He never was and never will be a front man. His natural position is somewhere between old style winger and inside forward i.e. an attacking midfielder. Give him his due - there are not many attacking midfielders that would put in the defensive work shifts that Elmander (had to) put in for us.

72Believe in me! - Coyle  - Page 4 Empty Re: Believe in me! - Coyle Fri Feb 24 2012, 11:35

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Wolves have gone with there assistant Terry Connor to save them from relegation.

From when I first saw it I though sacking Mick was a massive mistake, and this has only firmed my belief, hopefully they wont pose as much threat to us as they would under Mick and they will stay in the bottom 3.

This is one reason why I have never wanted Coyle out of the club, there really isn't anyone out there, and this proves it, Ive still got some faith in Coyle, we have to have.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum