Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Brexit negotiations

+16
gloswhite
Sluffy
finlaymcdanger
Buellix
Hipster_Nebula
bryan458
wessy
luckyPeterpiper
rammywhite
Natasha Whittam
Dunkels King
okocha
bwfc71
Cajunboy
boltonbonce
wanderlust
20 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 29 ... 33  Next

Go down  Message [Page 25 of 33]

481Brexit negotiations - Page 25 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Sat Apr 27 2019, 10:09

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Hipster_Nebula wrote:
xmiles wrote:
T.R.O.Y wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:Yes that would fund the universal basic income and AOCs green new deal.

Could the economic benefits of not increasing the global temperature offset the costs of having to affect such change? I think the general consensus is yes. I’d pay more in tax for a government to actually do something worth while about it, rather than sit on our hands and wait for it to go past the point of no return.

Hipster, like Adele, doesn't like paying tax though.

I feel I spent my money better than some idiot in Westminster. Libs tend to like the state doing absolutely everything for them though.. and that includes telling them what to think a lot of the time.

So how much of your budget do you allocate to the NHS, the emergency services, road maintenance and the armed services or do you just expect everyone else to pay for these?

482Brexit negotiations - Page 25 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Sat Apr 27 2019, 10:18

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I can barely drive on Scottish streets because of the state theyre in my local NHS board has brought in administrators because the chief exec (on over 100k a year) overspent by millions and was bailed out by the Scottish government.

I'm not advocating for no tax, Im saying when tax is ballooned we will continue to see the total mismanagement and waste of public funds we see now.. just at a vastly higher rate. When will people realise that politicians are not fit for purpose.

483Brexit negotiations - Page 25 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Sat Apr 27 2019, 10:29

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Low taxes and privatisation are causing far more problems than they are solving. If you hand education, health services, etc over to private companies they have zero interest in providing decent services. They are only interested in maximising their profits and dividends.

484Brexit negotiations - Page 25 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Sat Apr 27 2019, 10:37

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We have the highest taxes in the UK here and the country is a mess.

485Brexit negotiations - Page 25 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Mon May 06 2019, 22:09

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

And this is what they are being wasted on:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-48181004

486Brexit negotiations - Page 25 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Mon May 06 2019, 22:20

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

xmiles wrote: If you hand education, health services, etc over to private companies they have zero interest in providing decent services. They are only interested in maximising their profits and dividends.
Agree wholeheartedly with this. I've seen on quite a big scale, how contractors work. Apart from providing a very expensive, piss poor performance, their first objective seems to be, 'get another contractor in' (from the same company). Eventually, contractors are in many key posts, and its almost impossible to operate without them, and the price goes up, and up.

487Brexit negotiations - Page 25 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Mon May 06 2019, 22:22

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

gloswhite wrote:
xmiles wrote: If you hand education, health services, etc over to private companies they have zero interest in providing decent services. They are only interested in maximising their profits and dividends.
Agree wholeheartedly with this. I've seen on quite a big scale, how contractors work. Apart from providing a very expensive, piss poor performance, their first objective seems to be, 'get another contractor in' (from the same company). Eventually, contractors are in many key posts, and its almost impossible to operate without them, and the price goes up, and up.

There are some things we agree about! Very Happy

488Brexit negotiations - Page 25 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Mon May 06 2019, 22:24

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Sshhh ! People are listening  Laughing

489Brexit negotiations - Page 25 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Tue May 07 2019, 17:37

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I see that Liz Truss has dressed like somebody has been sick all over her.

490Brexit negotiations - Page 25 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Tue May 07 2019, 18:02

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

No change there then

491Brexit negotiations - Page 25 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Thu May 09 2019, 17:53

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

492Brexit negotiations - Page 25 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Thu May 09 2019, 18:09

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

gloswhite wrote:No change there then
Very Happy

493Brexit negotiations - Page 25 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Thu May 16 2019, 10:43

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

494Brexit negotiations - Page 25 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Thu May 16 2019, 12:27

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

A very disturbing analogy indeed. Look at the threats of violence that have been made if we don't leave the EU.

495Brexit negotiations - Page 25 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Thu May 16 2019, 13:50

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Look at the threats that have been made if we do.

496Brexit negotiations - Page 25 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Thu May 16 2019, 14:02

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Look at the threats that have been made if we do.

What threats of violence?

497Brexit negotiations - Page 25 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Thu May 16 2019, 16:57

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

xmiles wrote:

The Irish border?

498Brexit negotiations - Page 25 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Thu May 16 2019, 17:56

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Hipster_Nebula wrote:
xmiles wrote:

The Irish border?

Hardly on a par with the death threats some MPs have received and other threats of violence from the far right. There have been no threats of violence from remain supporters, all threats of violence have come from brexit fans.

499Brexit negotiations - Page 25 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Thu May 16 2019, 19:36

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

xmiles wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:
xmiles wrote:

The Irish border?

Hardly on a par with the death threats some MPs have received and other threats of violence from the far right. There have been no threats of violence from remain supporters, all threats of violence have come from brexit fans.

That's quite obviously a lie. I just told you one.

500Brexit negotiations - Page 25 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Thu May 16 2019, 19:40

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Hipster_Nebula wrote:
xmiles wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:
xmiles wrote:

The Irish border?

That's quite obviously a lie. I just told you one.

When have remainers threatened leavers with violence?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 25 of 33]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 29 ... 33  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum