Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Brexit negotiations

+16
gloswhite
Sluffy
finlaymcdanger
Buellix
Hipster_Nebula
bryan458
wessy
luckyPeterpiper
rammywhite
Natasha Whittam
Dunkels King
okocha
bwfc71
Cajunboy
boltonbonce
wanderlust
20 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 29 ... 33  Next

Go down  Message [Page 26 of 33]

501Brexit negotiations - Page 26 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Thu May 16 2019, 19:53

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Brexit negotiations - Page 26 Smarts16
Brexit negotiations - Page 26 Smarts17
Brexit negotiations - Page 26 Smarts18

502Brexit negotiations - Page 26 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Thu May 16 2019, 20:37

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

You appear to be confusing abuse with death threats. They are not the same thing.

However to terminate this I am more than happy to rephrase what I originally said as: there have been hardly any threats of violence from remain supporters, most threats of violence have come from brexit fans.

503Brexit negotiations - Page 26 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Thu May 16 2019, 20:52

It happens on both sides let’s face it, particularly on Twitter.

It’s the people leading the right that are really dangerous. Farage has made a career out of whipping up racial tensions, legitimising prejudice based on lies and spin for political gain.

People have forgotten or don’t realise how dangerous the divides he thrives in can be.

So called ‘reasonable’ people end up supporting the man, as he’s a ‘straight talking man of the people’ when his policies at anything but.

It’s worrying, and the sooner he’s exposed as the fraud he is the better.

504Brexit negotiations - Page 26 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Thu May 16 2019, 21:44

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

505Brexit negotiations - Page 26 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Thu May 16 2019, 21:50

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

xmiles wrote:You appear to be confusing abuse with death threats. They are not the same thing.

However to terminate this I am more than happy to rephrase what I originally said as: there have been hardly any threats of violence from remain supporters, most threats of violence have come from brexit fans.

Completely unquantifiable but if it helps you sleep at night.

506Brexit negotiations - Page 26 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Thu May 16 2019, 22:42

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

507Brexit negotiations - Page 26 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Fri May 17 2019, 09:40

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

XM, serious question. Have you noticed the drift towards the assumption that when May goes the talks will go ahead, and there is now no longer any talk of staying in the EU ? Seems to me that the politicians are expecting a walloping in the vote next week, and are already making plans to get on with the completion of Brexit. Do yo see it this way?

508Brexit negotiations - Page 26 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Fri May 17 2019, 10:38

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Honestly glos I have no idea what is going to happen

I can't see May getting her deal through parliament at the fourth attempt so she stands down but as I understand it she will keep acting as prime minister until the Tories elect a new leader. This will take weeks or possibly even longer. In the meantime there is apparently no parliamentary majority for any course of action.

The completely pointless cross party talks have achieved nothing apart from wasting more time and are about to be abandoned.

I know you would like MPs to get on with "completing brexit" but May's deal is unacceptable to most MPs and a no deal brexit is even more unacceptable so I don't see how this will happen. A second referendum might help but at the moment there is no parliamentary majority for this either.

There is a good summary of what could happen next on the BBC site below but your guess is as good as mine.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-46393399

509Brexit negotiations - Page 26 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Fri May 17 2019, 11:01

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

The Brexit party:

Have a look at their official website: https://thebrexitparty.org/

In there, all you can see is how to pay them money, buy tickets to see Farage, volunteer to help for free - but NOWHERE can you see how you can be a member of The Brexit Party. You have absolutely no say in how they run things now and you will have even less say in how they will run things in the future. In fact, the Brexit Party is just a limited company with only ONE beneficiary:

Furthermore, Farage refuses to reveal the people funding his campaign, acting remarkably like a drug dealer who won’t explain how he financed his new Bentley. https://www.indy100.com/article/nigel-farage-brexit-party-donation-funding-bannon-banks-8891131

Yet Nigel Farage has always claimed in Bruxelles to ‘fight’ for the application of Democratic values and stand up for the United Kingdom. Therefore it is curious that he refuses to publish his manifesto until after the EU elections. That is about the same as demanding a bank provide a huge loan before giving a reason for the loan. https://www.theneweuropean.co.uk/top-stories/brexit-party-has-no-policies-1-6011379

Farage does not even bother to tell people what they are voting for: https://www.politics.co.uk/blogs/2019/05/09/the-brexit-party-is-a-post-politics-entity

Is this democratic? It seems much more sleazy than democratic if you can be perfectly honest about it. And if you’re still not sure, here is a recent account by a Chester resident of a Brexit Party event in his town: https://thechesterblog.com/2019/05/08/the-brexit-party-incident/

510Brexit negotiations - Page 26 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Fri May 17 2019, 11:44

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm voting for the Brexit Party just to piss you off.

511Brexit negotiations - Page 26 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Fri May 17 2019, 11:55

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

I'm flattered. Smile

512Brexit negotiations - Page 26 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Fri May 17 2019, 11:59

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

xmiles wrote:Honestly glos I have no idea what is going to happen

I can't see May getting her deal through parliament at the fourth attempt so she stands down but as I understand it she will keep acting as prime minister until the Tories elect a new leader. This will take weeks or possibly even longer. In the meantime there is apparently no parliamentary majority for any course of action.

The completely pointless cross party talks have achieved nothing apart from wasting more time and are about to be abandoned.

I know you would like MPs to get on with "completing brexit" but May's deal is unacceptable to most MPs and a no deal brexit is even more unacceptable so I don't see how this will happen. A second referendum might help but at the moment there is no parliamentary majority for this either.

There is a good summary of what could happen next on the BBC site below but your guess is as good as mine.

I agree May's deal is unacceptable, and I think she'll be shot down in flames as well. The way things are, all parties are in the doldrums, and the only indicator of a direction to go will be the European elections. However, as you state, most MP's want a no deal Brexit, but because nothing is happening, and all the politicians have argued themselves into a corner, many will be happy to accept the election results, as some sort of impetus/starting point, as it breaks the deadlock. 
This quiet period we've all enjoyed has highlighted the absolute havoc delays are causing our industries and investment. Added to that the recent report that not continuing with Brexit will now cause our trade serious damage.
I have never liked the second referendum idea, it shows the politicians have failed, and are passing the buck, and the public are so entrenched in their own camps now that the arguing will continue ad nauseum and though the numbers may change, nothing else will.

513Brexit negotiations - Page 26 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Fri May 17 2019, 12:22

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:I'm voting for the Brexit Party just to piss you off.
Some people just can't accept it can they! Laughing

514Brexit negotiations - Page 26 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Fri May 17 2019, 12:25

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I had the Brexit party leaflet come through my door the other day, it soon made it's way to my paper recycling bin as that's all it's good for.

515Brexit negotiations - Page 26 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Fri May 17 2019, 13:08

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:I had the Brexit party leaflet come through my door the other day, it soon made it's way to my paper recycling bin as that's all it's good for.
I will frame mine when I get back to the UK. Very Happy

516Brexit negotiations - Page 26 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Fri May 17 2019, 13:12

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

gloswhite wrote:
xmiles wrote:Honestly glos I have no idea what is going to happen

I agree May's deal is unacceptable, and I think she'll be shot down in flames as well. The way things are, all parties are in the doldrums, and the only indicator of a direction to go will be the European elections. However, as you state, most MP's want a no deal Brexit, but because nothing is happening, and all the politicians have argued themselves into a corner, many will be happy to accept the election results, as some sort of impetus/starting point, as it breaks the deadlock. 
This quiet period we've all enjoyed has highlighted the absolute havoc delays are causing our industries and investment. Added to that the recent report that not continuing with Brexit will now cause our trade serious damage.
I have never liked the second referendum idea, it shows the politicians have failed, and are passing the buck, and the public are so entrenched in their own camps now that the arguing will continue ad nauseum and though the numbers may change, nothing else will.

I think you mean most MPs don't want a no deal brexit glos. Smile

Where have you read that not continuing with brexit will cause our trade "serious damage"? That seems highly unlikely as nothing will change if we stay in the EU.

517Brexit negotiations - Page 26 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Fri May 17 2019, 15:15

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

You're right  Very Happy

It was on the TV, and on the newsfeed I have. Unfortunately, I can't remember exactly what the circumstances are for this to be the case, but I know it wasn't good. I'll see if I can find it. (we'll have probably left by the time I do)

518Brexit negotiations - Page 26 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Fri May 17 2019, 15:42

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Anyone know when Lusty's coming back? Or is he banned for life?

519Brexit negotiations - Page 26 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Fri May 17 2019, 15:44

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Was he banned?

520Brexit negotiations - Page 26 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Fri May 17 2019, 15:45

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He tried to register on Chorley Nuts, he lasted 10 minutes.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 26 of 33]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 29 ... 33  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum