Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Forest 1-0 Wanderers

+10
MartinBWFC
Bolton Nuts
Norpig
boltonbonce
BoltonTillIDie
karlypants
Sluffy
luckyPeterpiper
finlaymcdanger
rammywhite
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

21Forest 1-0 Wanderers - Page 2 Empty Re: Forest 1-0 Wanderers Sun May 05 2019, 11:48

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Starting XI:

Matthews, Taylor, Grounds, Hobbs, Brockbank, Noone, Connolly, Pritchard, O'Neil, Buckley, Magennis

Subs:
Turner, Little, Oztumer, Donaldson, Earing, Johnson, Darcy

22Forest 1-0 Wanderers - Page 2 Empty Re: Forest 1-0 Wanderers Sun May 05 2019, 11:50

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Typically uninspiring line up as usual from Parky  Rolling Eyes

What do Little and Oztumer have to do to get a game

23Forest 1-0 Wanderers - Page 2 Empty Re: Forest 1-0 Wanderers Sun May 05 2019, 12:18

Bolton Nuts

Admin

Boring

https://boltonnuts.forumotion.co.uk

24Forest 1-0 Wanderers - Page 2 Empty Re: Forest 1-0 Wanderers Sun May 05 2019, 14:03

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

It suggests to me that many of those not playing have/are fixing themselves up elsewhere and are effectively still on 'strike'.

I know most are out of contract after today and would be leaving anyway and that they feel badly treated (I wish someone would badly treat me by not talking to me for a year and missing a couple of pay dates) whilst I'm GUARANTEED to receive around £250k a year (in case you read that too quickly, I'll just stress it again, a quarter of a million pounds!!!) just for kicking a ball about - and not even being very good at it over the year and getting the team relegated!

The least I would do would be to play out the final game out of pride in myself.

Yes there is a remote chance that you could pick up a career threating injury but in reality that is extremely unlikely to happen.

I really have less and less respect for footballers in general as each season go by.

25Forest 1-0 Wanderers - Page 2 Empty Re: Forest 1-0 Wanderers Sun May 05 2019, 14:41

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Well another defeat and no one actually cares, 30 defeats in a season!

26Forest 1-0 Wanderers - Page 2 Empty Re: Forest 1-0 Wanderers Sun May 05 2019, 14:55

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Sluffy wrote:It suggests to me that many of those not playing have/are fixing themselves up elsewhere and are effectively still on 'strike'.

I know most are out of contract after today and would be leaving anyway and that they feel badly treated (I wish someone would badly treat me by not talking to me for a year and missing a couple of pay dates) whilst I'm GUARANTEED to receive around £250k a year (in case you read that too quickly, I'll just stress it again, a quarter of a million pounds!!!) just for kicking a ball about - and not even being very good at it over the year and getting the team relegated!

The least I would do would be to play out the final game out of pride in myself.

Yes there is a remote chance that you could pick up a career threating injury but in reality that is extremely unlikely to happen.

I really have less and less respect for footballers in general as each season go by.
I totally agree with you Sluffy.

27Forest 1-0 Wanderers - Page 2 Empty Re: Forest 1-0 Wanderers Sun May 05 2019, 14:56

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Norpig wrote:Well another defeat and no one actually cares, 30 defeats in a season!
30 fucking defeats in a 46 game season is truly awful under any circumstances.

28Forest 1-0 Wanderers - Page 2 Empty Re: Forest 1-0 Wanderers Sun May 05 2019, 14:57

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Cajunboy wrote:
Sluffy wrote:It suggests to me that many of those not playing have/are fixing themselves up elsewhere and are effectively still on 'strike'.

I totally agree with you Sluffy.
Me too. The players have it far too easy.

29Forest 1-0 Wanderers - Page 2 Empty Re: Forest 1-0 Wanderers Sun May 05 2019, 14:57

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Norpig wrote:Well another defeat and no one actually cares, 30 defeats in a season!
Pathetic..

30Forest 1-0 Wanderers - Page 2 Empty Re: Forest 1-0 Wanderers Sun May 05 2019, 15:00

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Cajunboy wrote:
Pathetic..
I hadn’t realised it was that bad. Shocked 

Let’s hope Parky gets the chop now!

31Forest 1-0 Wanderers - Page 2 Empty Re: Forest 1-0 Wanderers Sun May 05 2019, 15:02

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I don't know if it's just me, but I  have lost interest in all football this season because of the Bolton situation.

In the past I've always enjoyed a wider enjoyment from The Premiership and the other leagues despite our downward spiral, but  this season has really knocked the stuffing out of my love of football.

32Forest 1-0 Wanderers - Page 2 Empty Re: Forest 1-0 Wanderers Sun May 05 2019, 15:32

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Cajunboy wrote:I don't know if it's just me, but I  have lost interest in all football this season because of the Bolton situation.

In the past I've always enjoyed a wider enjoyment from The Premiership and the other leagues despite our downward spiral, but  this season has really knocked the stuffing out of my love of football.

I've not really had very much interest in football - apart from BWFC - for many years now.

It's got to the extent that I didn't even know who some of the players were playing for England at the World Cup were or even which team they were playing for!

The money in football is obscene - for which when all said and done is just a game.

There's something wrong somewhere when people value some random young millionaires kicking a ball about more than society falling apart with teachers having to buy equipment for their schools, hospitals not having enough beds for the people needing treatment, people sleeping on the streets in the twenty first century and mankind generally fucking up the planet for the next generations to come.

The world probably has always been a bit mad but its certainly getting worse as far as I can see and sport in general, with football in particular is seemingly now fed to us as the new opium of the people, to dull our minds and sensibilities to what is going on around us.

Millionaires going on strike because their next wodge of thousands of pounds isn't in their bank on the right day and refusing to kick a ball about for 90 minutes because of it just about sums it all up for me.

33Forest 1-0 Wanderers - Page 2 Empty Re: Forest 1-0 Wanderers Sun May 05 2019, 15:47

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

There's a wonderful book out called 'When Footballers Were Skint' by Jon Henderson.
Well worth a read.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

34Forest 1-0 Wanderers - Page 2 Empty Re: Forest 1-0 Wanderers Sun May 05 2019, 16:41

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

W 8

D 8

L 30.

That win percentage alone should see Parkinson off, that's if we still have a club after next week.

35Forest 1-0 Wanderers - Page 2 Empty Re: Forest 1-0 Wanderers Sun May 05 2019, 18:50

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

MartinBWFC wrote:W 8

D 8

L 30.

That win percentage alone should see Parkinson off, that's if we still have a club after next week.

He's on a rolling contract.

Unless he decides to walk then someone will have to pay up his contract.

Simple as that really.

36Forest 1-0 Wanderers - Page 2 Empty Re: Forest 1-0 Wanderers Sun May 05 2019, 19:12

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:Millionaires going on strike because their next wodge of thousands of pounds isn't in their bank on the right day and refusing to kick a ball about for 90 minutes because of it just about sums it all up for me.

So you'll knock the "millionaire" players but not the millionaire owner?

37Forest 1-0 Wanderers - Page 2 Empty Re: Forest 1-0 Wanderers Sun May 05 2019, 20:10

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

And so the season from Hell ends with a whimper rather than a bang. A 1-0 defeat in these circumstances is almost an anti-climax really.

38Forest 1-0 Wanderers - Page 2 Empty Re: Forest 1-0 Wanderers Sun May 05 2019, 20:49

Buellix

Buellix
David Ngog
David Ngog

karlypants wrote:
Cajunboy wrote:
Pathetic..
I hadn’t realised it was that bad. Shocked 

Let’s hope Parky gets the chop now!
No-one around to sack him or pay him, will be gone after our next court case.

39Forest 1-0 Wanderers - Page 2 Empty Re: Forest 1-0 Wanderers Sun May 05 2019, 21:28

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Sluffy wrote:Millionaires going on strike because their next wodge of thousands of pounds isn't in their bank on the right day and refusing to kick a ball about for 90 minutes because of it just about sums it all up for me.

So you'll knock the "millionaire" players but not the millionaire owner?

Yet again people mix up the difference between the entity which is the club whom employs the players and that of the owner, who doesn't!

The owner could be a billionaire for all I care - his PERSONAL wealth isn't anything to do with the LIMITED company, Bolton Wanderers Football Club.

When will the penny ever drop with some people?

40Forest 1-0 Wanderers - Page 2 Empty Re: Forest 1-0 Wanderers Sun May 05 2019, 23:30

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

That's just semantics and a way for rich people to pass on the debts and not be liable personally when the shit hits the fan. He owns 94.5% of the shares in the club and has let down every single employee whether player or not with his actions.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum