Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

OFFICIAL - Bolton up for sale for £25 million

+19
bryan458
Boggersbelief
luckyPeterpiper
Cajunboy
BoltonTillIDie
gloswhite
MartinBWFC
sunlight
karlypants
Growler
maconman
Deco91
Natasha Whittam
finlaymcdanger
wessy
Norpig
terenceanne
Hipster_Nebula
Sluffy
23 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 8 of 9]

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Sluffy wrote:At the end of the day it was lack of money that killed us.

Do you really think the players would be at all interested in anything the Chairman/club owner had to say as long as everything was being paid and all in their world was comfortable?

Eddie Davies was virtually an anonymous, silent owner, who seldom if ever communicated with the players.  As long as the bills were paid nobody had any issues whatsoever.

It was only when the well started to run dry and Allardyce wasn't given the millions to buy star players that even was he even thought about by anyone!

Throw enough money at a problem and it tends to go away.

When the money is no longer there is when the problems really start.

So Ken is blameless?

Depends on if he acted illegally bringing the company's to insolvency, or acting illegally whilst the club/company's were insolvent.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

T.R.O.Y wrote:I think if the lack of funds had been communicated better morale would have been maintained better. Evidence from the players supports that. But you’re only interested in excusing Anderson as you have for 3 years.

Are you honestly trying to tell me the players were unaware of the lack of funds and needed to be told about that?

Not condemning Anderson without proof is not the same as 'excusing' him.

We both know that.

Anderson promised payments then failed to deliver multiple times. As he has with various other creditors. Why do you insist on everything being spelt out to you all the time?

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

T.R.O.Y wrote:Anderson promised payments then failed to deliver multiple times. As he has with various other creditors. Why do you insist on everything being spelt out to you all the time?

If you haven't got the money to pay the bills and you carry on trading - that is breaking the law and makes the Directors of the company PERSONALLY liable for the debt - which of course is KA.

If all the stories we are told are true then no doubt Anderson will be up in court sooner or later as the Administrator and his ten accountants have been going through the books with a fine toothcomb.

I'll await for the facts rather than believe the hearsay that as yet hasn't been proven.

Is that so radical of me?

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

So are you saying as long as someone doesn't break the law they are blameless?

So the players are lying and were never made commitments over when they wound receive payment?

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Natasha Whittam wrote:So are you saying as long as someone doesn't break the law they are blameless?

In law yes.

Morally maybe not - but sadly we don't live in a perfect world.

Sluffy wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:So are you saying as long as someone doesn't break the law they are blameless?

In law yes.

Weird that, as you’ve spent half the season blaming the players for not putting up with Anderson’s shenanigans.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

T.R.O.Y wrote:So the players are lying and were never made commitments over when they wound receive payment?

I never accused them of telling any lies did I?

No doubt Anderson said things that didn't happen, I say things sometimes that don't happen too.

Does that make me a serial liar or someone whose intentions have been overtaken by events or possibly said something based on incorrect information?

Who knows, I wasn't there, were you?

And isn't there always two sides to any disagreement - have you heard Anderson's explanation of all these specific events, because I've not.

Please share with us all if you have.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

T.R.O.Y wrote:
Sluffy wrote:

In law yes.

Weird that, as you’ve spent half the season blaming the players for not putting up with Anderson’s shenanigans.

Have I?

Thought I'd spent half last season asking to hear what Ken's side of the story was first before wanting to join the lynch mob.

No that’s just how you’ve tried to reposition yourself since Anderson’s position became untenable.

You seem to think by repeating that often enough we’ll all just forget it and agree with you.

Sluffy wrote:
T.R.O.Y wrote:So the players are lying and were never made commitments over when they wound receive payment?

No doubt Anderson said things that didn't happen, I say things sometimes that don't happen too.

Does that make me a serial liar or someone whose intentions have been overtaken by events or possibly said something based on incorrect information?

And isn't there always two sides to any disagreement - have you heard Anderson's explanation of all these specific events, because I've not.

Then why are you wittering in about KA being personally liable? True or not it’s irrelevant to my point.

Had he communicated with the players better I don’t think he’d have caused the rift, destroyed the relationship and drained their motivation to play for his club.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

T.R.O.Y wrote:No that’s just how you’ve tried to reposition yourself since Anderson’s position became untenable.

You seem to think by repeating that often enough we’ll all just forget it and agree with you.

I've been consistent all the time - that's what I am - someone who seeks out the facts rather than acts on emotions.

All my posts are still on the site, go look through them all and find those that I've not rooted in 'last us see both sides of the story first' or what 'proof' is there, or similar?

Knock yourself out - there's absolutely loads for you to dig through.

None of us know the facts, so what basis do you have to slate anybody who criticises Anderson? Be them media, players or posters?

And no I won’t bother going through old posts to prove what I (and most other posters) already know.

Hardly the only one to level this at you am I? It’s not a conspiracy against you Sluffy, whether you meant to or not that’s the tone you’ve set.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

T.R.O.Y wrote:
Sluffy wrote:

Then why are you wittering in about KA being personally liable? True or not it’s irrelevant to my point.

Had he communicated with the players better I don’t think he’d have caused the rift, destroyed the relationship and drained their motivation to play for his club.

Of course the law is relevant to the situation of the club potentially having no money yet still trading!

And of course the money is the root of all the upset.

Do you think the players would have been happier, playing harder and keeping us up if they and everybody else were being paid on time.

I do.

Do you think the players would have been happier, playing harder and keeping us up if they and everybody else were being told they were not going to be paid on time, or even in the next few weeks?

I don't.

So the fundamental difference is nothing to do with communication and everything to do with being paid.

It's not that hard to comprehend human nature.

I think if you tell your employees one thing then do the other enough times, they lose all respect for you and don’t want to work for you.

You’d argue black’s white if Anderson told you to, all because you’re so desperate not to have wasted three years defending him on the internet.

Give it up man.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

T.R.O.Y wrote:None of us know the facts, so what basis do you have to slate anybody who criticises Anderson? Be them media, players or posters?

And no I won’t bother going through old posts to prove what I (and most other posters) already know.

Hardly the only one to level this at you am I? It’s not a conspiracy against you Sluffy, whether you meant to or not that’s the tone you’ve set.

"None of us know the facts" - at last you are getting to my point at long last!

All I've basically done is question the validity of what the likes of the ST, Iles and ardent haters of Anderson based on just their emotions have thrown in the direction of Anderson without putting anything on the table to back it up with.

All I've ever asked for was the proof rather than the rhetoric, abuse and hatred.

What's so outrageous of me to seek that?

A good decision not to trawl through all my posts if I say so myself, because what you believe (perceive?) to be there are simply not.  I've always sought the fairness and facts to what was being said.  You would have spent a large amount of wasted time looking for something that never existed in reality.

As for a conspiracy against me, I've no idea what you are talking about???

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

T.R.O.Y wrote:I think if you tell your employees one thing then do the other enough times, they lose all respect for you and don’t want to work for you.

You’d argue black’s white if Anderson told you to, all because you’re so desperate not to have wasted three years defending him on the internet.

Give it up man.

I've nothing to give up.

If he's found by the official Administrator and his ten forensic auditors to have done something wrong then let him face the full force of the law.

If they don't find anything wrong then all I've done for the last three years were to ask for proof of all his alleged raping and pillaging of the club by means of rational questions being asked and proof of facts sought by me.

You seem to be the one more obsessed about this than anyone.  

I simply looked for the truth, others just preferred anger and hatred which spilt over to anybody who didn't join them.

Not the way I am.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I, for one, am not looking for a crime. He's probably not committed one, but time will tell.

My only question is, has Anderson, during this lengthy fiasco, been open, honest and principled?

Has he ever opted to do what was decent, rather than what served his self interest?

The answer, to all, is an emphatic NO.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

boltonbonce wrote:I, for one, am not looking for a crime. He's probably not committed one, but time will tell.

My only question is, has Anderson, during this lengthy fiasco, been open, honest and principled?

Has he ever opted to do what was decent, rather than what served his self interest?

The answer, to all, is an emphatic NO.

How many top businessmen do?

Even Eddie left a £5m HMRC winder for Holdsworth and his new partner to deal with - was that honest and principled of him?  Why did he deliberately sell to Holdsworth when he knew he hadn't two pennies to rub together?

Vince at Forest Green is certainly no saint if you look into his business dealings.

If you want a perfect owner for the club then I think you are going to be very disappointed, you'll have to take a businessman first and a human being second these days.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 8 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum