Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

OFFICIAL - Bolton up for sale for £25 million

+19
bryan458
Boggersbelief
luckyPeterpiper
Cajunboy
BoltonTillIDie
gloswhite
MartinBWFC
sunlight
karlypants
Growler
maconman
Deco91
Natasha Whittam
finlaymcdanger
wessy
Norpig
terenceanne
Hipster_Nebula
Sluffy
23 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 9]

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

DEANO82 wrote:No wonder people don't post on here anymore. People don't want to read 500+ word responses that say exactly the same thing that has been posted 500 times before. This site used to be fun now it's just pure tedium.

I totally agree!

But you can only chat about what others want to chat about.

I've tried loads of times to start threads but there's been little or no interest adding to them.

Natasha started one recently about going to a brothel, I did one about Jeremy Kyle, Growler about Robert de Nero, Cajun - Fairy cakes, Angry dad - Facial recognition, etc.

We do try but I can't say I noticed you adding much to them.

You used to post up some belting jokes too - wish you could put some more up for us.

Like it or not there's a gloom around the club and some want to talk about it and some deliberately wum about it (which doesn't really help much).

I've no magic wand to turn things back to how they were.  

If you know the answer then please let us know.

If you or anyone else think they can do a better job then tell us we would be delighted to give you mod powers to allow you to get on and implement whatever you would like (within the law of course).

I was hoping that once we have a new owner and the new season starts it would help get the enthusiasm and fun back on here also - but maybe I'm being a bit optimistic.

The only thing I know is that the sites slowly dying and if people can't be arsed to help us turn it around then one day no doubt we will simply be forced to pack it all in due to lack of interest.

Is that what people really want?

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

luckyPeterpiper wrote:
Boggersbelief wrote:LPP, I know he chose not to pay the players because he said so himself. Something along the lines of “I’m not putting any more money into the club because the fans don’t like me” the pathetic dweeb.

Sluffy the Buffoon..KA was the sole owner, of course it was his responsibility to fund the club. He’s a scumbag that has run bwfc into the ground.
Boggers, KA was NEVER the sole owner of the club. It was and remains a limited company. That means there must, by law be at least 3 shareholders. A sole tradership is an entirely different legal entity. In point of fact Ken was the majority shareholder but that doesn't make him personally liable for the club's debts.

Sluffy has pointed out to you many times that Ken Anderson is not and never was Bolton Wanderers Football Club and is not and never was obliged to pay any of its bills from his own personal pocket. His personal liability just like that of the other shareholders is limited to whatever he initially agreed to put into the business, something he did when he bought us and exceeded when he bought out DH and Sportshield. From that point on he'd met his legal obligations to BWFC and was entitled to keep the rest of his money in his pocket.

You mention when he said he wasn't putting any more money into the club because the fans wanted him out. Do you seriously blame him for that? If I was chairman of a club where the fans were calling me a criminal and scum and posting various threats on the internet I'm certain I wouldn't put one penny of my own personal money into it and why should I?

I'm not saying Ken is a saint by any means but you cannot keep saying he's obliged to pay for the club when he isn't. You cannot keep calling him a criminal without proof he's actually broken laws and you can't claim he should have bankrupted himself just because other people think he should.

I love Bolton Wanderers and have for more than forty years but there is no way in Hell I'd risk my own or my family's financial future to keep it afloat. At the end of the day it's a business and when businesses make losses, especially on the scale BWFC has only an idiot would keep throwing their own personal money in there. Whatever else may be said about KA he's not an idiot and he's already done what was legally required of him if not more. None of us have any right to expect anything more from him.

LPP- can I correct a couple of things. A private limited company needs only one shareholder whilst a plc needs a minimum of 2. Limited liability refers not to the amount that a shareholder has put into the company, but to the amount that they have NOT put into the company. Limited liability is limited to the amount a shareholder has not put in up to the nominal value of the shares allocated to them. Thus if the nominal value is £1 and they've paid the £1 in they have no further liability. If they've only paid ( say) 75p for each share then their liability is limited to 25p per share allocated to them.
Boring- but there you are anyway.

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Thanks Rammy. I shall remember that when I next win the lotto and make a bid for the club. Very Happy

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

gloswhite wrote:Thanks Rammy. I shall remember that when I next win the lotto and make a bid for the club. Very Happy

Don't waste your money on a  basket case like BWFC if you do win the lottery.
 Give it to charity instead

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Boggersbelief wrote:The guy took out more than half a mill per year for him and his son. Tell me exactly what they’ve done to warrant a salary like that?
Have you seen the final accounts?

rogercpc

Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt

Does anyone know whether or not there is a fixed timescale of events, leading to an announcement of who has bought the club etc? Another week/two weeks?

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

rogercpc wrote:Does anyone know whether or not there is a fixed timescale of events, leading to an announcement of who has bought the club etc? Another week/two weeks?

All bids must be in by 4pm on June 7 along with £25million proof of funds and confirmation from the EFL that those involved have passed the owners and directors’ test and had their business plan rubber-stamped.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

rogercpc wrote:Does anyone know whether or not there is a fixed timescale of events, leading to an announcement of who has bought the club etc? Another week/two weeks?

No- there is no official timescale to announce anything like this. The Administrator will look at all the bids coming in, do plenty of work on them, negotiate behind the scenes in private and if any bid is successful will then announce it. Everything will be done in commercial confidence. He will need to draw up a statement of affairs within 8 weeks of appointment and then have a statutory meeting with the creditors at that point or if possible before it.. You'll need to be patient

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

So we could  still be  ownerless when the new season begins on Friday 2nd August?

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Cajunboy wrote:So we could  still be  ownerless when the new season begins on Friday 2nd August?
That's a real possibility if no acceptable bids are received. The Administrator would still hold all responsibility for us then.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Rather him than Parky.

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Cajunboy wrote:So we could  still be  ownerless when the new season begins on Friday 2nd August?
A very distinct possibility and one we shouldn’t discount. Hopefully this won’t be the case but I wouldn’t be surprised - I’m guessing that there is more trouble to come than we’ve heard to date. Something must be lurking that hasn’t broken yet

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

And I seriously doubt we’ll sell for 25m. It just doesn’t stack up for me

Growler

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

If they put season tickets on sale that will be a positive sign, as they haven't there must be some doubts about getting to next season.

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Growler wrote:If they put season tickets on sale that will be a positive sign, as they haven't there must be some doubts about getting to next season.

Its curious that they haven't as there is a hard core of us who will renew our season tickets and that should result in a fairly substantial cash income. I imagine that they'll get round to it soon.
I'm sure that we'll be playing next season. In fact I've got a £20 bet on with my brother in law who's a big Bury fan that we'll finish above them.
Perhaps I should just give him the money now!

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Taking a while this isn't it.

Almost as if these "30 investors" aren't actually genuine.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

i suppose they have to wait till the club is sold before season tickets can be put on sale? Not sure what happens if no one buys us by the 7th June though?

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Chorley season tickets now on sale, £275 for adults.

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Cant see anyway that season tickets can go on sale until a new owner is in place, they decide cost etc so season tickets not being on sale for me is expected. Once June 7th arrives then the administrators should announce how many potential buyers have looked at the books and proven that they have funds and passed the farcical test.

Only then will we find out if we have a buyer prepared to make a bid. If not we are in the shit, if so then it depends who and what wealth they have. Personally i would hope that the aim is to have someone in place by the time the few players we have report back. Then we hope they have the clout and the contacts to put a team out in early August.

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:Chorley season tickets now on sale, £275 for adults.

That sounds expensive.
Last season I paid £260 at Bolton- that's after a senior citizens discount

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum