Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

General Election

+15
Natasha Whittam
sunlight
okocha
observer
karlypants
Norpig
Cajunboy
wanderlust
Angry Dad
xmiles
Hipster_Nebula
gloswhite
boltonbonce
luckyPeterpiper
Bollotom2014
19 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 17 ... 24  Next

Go down  Message [Page 10 of 24]

181General Election - Page 10 Empty Re: General Election Tue Nov 19 2019, 07:50

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:Anyone voting Green?
Green election pledges are here.

182General Election - Page 10 Empty Re: General Election Tue Nov 19 2019, 12:34

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Angry Dad wrote:Yay free broadband for all !!! What a fucking useless cunt corbyn and the rest of them are they face a wipeout at the election which they won't recover from, it is the end of the labour party and not a moment too soon.
General Election - Page 10 75625326_145858860090925_4689740503502028800_n.jpg?_nc_cat=108&_nc_oc=AQkwtDEZnzjjfUzjeVZDVHGzqzUg8tJdnZc9wgsDhxDciwLT4sfdh_gQ8Y0IXyKq1ps&_nc_ht=scontent-lht6-1

183General Election - Page 10 Empty Re: General Election Tue Nov 19 2019, 13:33

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

wanderlust wrote:
Angry Dad wrote:Yay free broadband for all !!! What a fucking useless cunt corbyn and the rest of them are they face a wipeout at the election which they won't recover from, it is the end of the labour party and not a moment too soon.
General Election - Page 10 75625326_145858860090925_4689740503502028800_n.jpg?_nc_cat=108&_nc_oc=AQkwtDEZnzjjfUzjeVZDVHGzqzUg8tJdnZc9wgsDhxDciwLT4sfdh_gQ8Y0IXyKq1ps&_nc_ht=scontent-lht6-1
Telegraph and The Beano

184General Election - Page 10 Empty Re: General Election Tue Nov 19 2019, 21:24

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

I can see a lot of the Bash Street Kids in the way they go about their business  Very Happy

185General Election - Page 10 Empty Re: General Election Wed Nov 20 2019, 16:13

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

"FactcheckUK"

Absolutely typical of the current political climate.
1) Tories rename their press office twitter account as "factcheckUK" and publish their critique of Labour as if it were an independent fact checking site
2) General uproar re lying to the electorate
3) Denial from Raab that it matters
4) No action whatsoever from the authorities

The issue for me is that a substantial proportion of the British electorate are incredibly gullible and are determining the fate of our country on the basis of the lies they are told. And of course nobody likes to admit that they've been duped so will carry on claiming that they've made their own minds up when in fact they are just puppets.

186General Election - Page 10 Empty Re: General Election Wed Nov 20 2019, 17:09

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

The tories fighting dirty. Is anyone surprised?

187General Election - Page 10 Empty Re: General Election Wed Nov 20 2019, 19:45

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

While I devoutly hope the Tories lose this election I'd have to say ALL the parties are distasteful to me atm with the possible exception of the Lib Dems. I quite like Swinson and I'm a big fan of staying in the EU but unfortunately I don't rate her party colleagues very highly. Sir Vince Cable is a decent man but he's retired and frankly the rest of the parliamentary Lib Dems are at best mediocre.

The one politician who really annoys me right now is Corbyn. His 'referendum' approach to the Brexit question smacks of cowardice to me. He and the Labour Party should come out clearly and state what they want rather than make non-commital noises about 'the people'. I'd respect him much more if he said he was on one side of the Brexit fence or the other instead of trying to straddle it in the hope it will avoid losing votes.

188General Election - Page 10 Empty Re: General Election Wed Nov 20 2019, 19:55

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Corbyn is a brexiteer and a hypocrite. He clearly wants to leave the EU and ignore the fact that the vast majority of Labour party members and voters want to remain in the EU. His refusal to answer the simple question of whether he would campaign for his deal with the EU or to remain makes him an easy target for Boris and the Tory press.

189General Election - Page 10 Empty Re: General Election Wed Nov 20 2019, 20:34

A referendum on Brexit is the only compromise position left to take. Ridiculous to call it cowardice when the country is split - ignoring one side is not an option and that’s what cost Teresa May. Such a tight vote needed a soft Brexit.

And why should he answer the question on what he would campaign for until a new deal is on the table? Nobody knows the options until that deal is there.

190General Election - Page 10 Empty Re: General Election Wed Nov 20 2019, 20:41

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

TROY do you honestly believe Corbyn wants to stay in the EU?

191General Election - Page 10 Empty Re: General Election Wed Nov 20 2019, 20:43

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

T.R.O.Y wrote:A referendum on Brexit is the only compromise position left to take. Ridiculous to call it cowardice when the country is split - ignoring one side is not an option and that’s what cost Teresa May. Such a tight vote needed a soft Brexit.

And why should he answer the question on what he would campaign for until a new deal is on the table? Nobody knows the options until that deal is there.

I agree that another referendum is necessary but it should be on Boris' deal vs staying in the EU. Corbyn's refusal to support this option is entirely down to his brexiteer beliefs.

192General Election - Page 10 Empty Re: General Election Wed Nov 20 2019, 20:54

What? Why would you want Boris’s over a softer, less damaging deal negotiated by Labour without the right wing constraints placed by the ERG?

On your first question - I don’t care what he thinks, personally I think we should leave but with a better deal than what’s on offer. Corbyn will do what the people decide, that’s a position I’ll vote for. Who will you vote for X?

193General Election - Page 10 Empty Re: General Election Wed Nov 20 2019, 21:05

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

T.R.O.Y wrote:What? Why would you want Boris’s over a softer, less damaging deal negotiated by Labour without the right wing constraints placed by the ERG?

On your first question - I don’t care what he thinks, personally I think we should leave but with a better deal than what’s on offer. Corbyn will do what the people decide, that’s a position I’ll vote for. Who will you vote for X?

Where we differ is that I do not want to leave the EU. If we have to leave the EU obviously I would prefer it to be a soft rather than a hard brexit. However I do find it unacceptable that Corbyn won't say what he will campaign for once he has negotiated his deal with the EU. He should have backed the campaign for a referendum on Boris's deal.

I vote tactically for the candidate with the best chance of beating the Tory candidate. Sadly where I live that is not the Labour candidate.

194General Election - Page 10 Empty Re: General Election Wed Nov 20 2019, 21:12

If you’d prefer a soft Brexit why are you advocating a referendum on Boris’s deal? It’s an awful deal - worse than May’s for the economy, surely you’d prefer a less damaging deal?

195General Election - Page 10 Empty Re: General Election Wed Nov 20 2019, 21:14

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Because I think a choice between Boris's deal and staying in the EU maximises the chances of us staying in the EU.

196General Election - Page 10 Empty Re: General Election Wed Nov 20 2019, 21:38

Would you honestly vote Lib Dem? They’re as extreme as the Tories in terms of Brexit.

197General Election - Page 10 Empty Re: General Election Wed Nov 20 2019, 22:46

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

They want to stay in the EU and so do I. What is "extreme" about that?

198General Election - Page 10 Empty Re: General Election Wed Nov 20 2019, 23:08

Wanting to completely ignore a democratic vote is extreme, as you well know. There’s no justifiable argument for doing so.

199General Election - Page 10 Empty Re: General Election Wed Nov 20 2019, 23:13

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

And yet you support having a referendum on Corbyn's deal. How is that any different from having a referendum on Boris's deal? That is just as "extreme". How do you justify that?

200General Election - Page 10 Empty Re: General Election Thu Nov 21 2019, 02:03

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

T.R.O.Y wrote:What? Why would you want Boris’s over a softer, less damaging deal negotiated by Labour without the right wing constraints placed by the ERG?

The thing is Corbyn hasn't got a deal to discuss and can only guess at what deal he might get given the opportunity.
And talking of opportunities, Corbyn put his own political ambitions ahead of looking for a solution to defeat the Tories as an alliance with the numerous pro-Remain parties wherein they agreed to only field candidates in the winnable marginals would have done the job - but he chose to attempt to further his deluded ambitions instead.
A smarter person would have realised there are more ways to skin a cat and unfortunately his actions will probably give the Tories a shoo-in.
In my constituency, if Labour, the Libdems and Greens (whose policies are broadly similar) put up just one coalition candidate they would win a seat that has been held by the Tories for over 100 years.
Naive of Corbyn to think that he could gain power by splitting the vote.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 10 of 24]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 17 ... 24  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum