Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

General Election

+15
Natasha Whittam
sunlight
okocha
observer
karlypants
Norpig
Cajunboy
wanderlust
Angry Dad
xmiles
Hipster_Nebula
gloswhite
boltonbonce
luckyPeterpiper
Bollotom2014
19 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 16 ... 24  Next

Go down  Message [Page 9 of 24]

161General Election - Page 9 Empty Re: General Election Fri 15 Nov - 13:35

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Glos you keep going on about abuse but I have never abused you and as far as I know neither have any other posters on this site. However I have been abused by brexit fans on this site several times (see karly's post at 147 for a recent example).

You also ignore all the abuse remain supporters and neutrals have received including judges being called enemies of the people for simply upholding the law.

162General Election - Page 9 Empty Re: General Election Fri 15 Nov - 14:45

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I don't think the election result can be directly equated to the last EU referendum result though. Currently the Tories are predicted across a wide range of polls to get a huge working majority - but that is more to do with the electoral system than leave or remain opinions as the same polls predict that more people will vote for the combined remain parties (if Labour can be counted as a leave party) than the combined leave parties. 
It's just that the first past the post system will mean their votes count for less. 

Glos - I don't want to labour the point (no pun intended) but you write about "a much better future than we have now" and I'm wondering how you think that's even possible if we leave the EU? Surely all the evidence points to an economic disaster? Is there anything I can realistically look at that would give me any hope for a better future outside the EU?

163General Election - Page 9 Empty Re: General Election Fri 15 Nov - 17:06

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Here is another example of the kind of abuse people who oppose brexit receive:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-50436203

164General Election - Page 9 Empty Re: General Election Fri 15 Nov - 21:51

Oh lord:

https://twitter.com/stevebarclay/status/1194966699621208064?s=21

Just when you think these idiots can’t get any worse, another who shouldn’t be anywhere near power yet has been propelled to its inner circle simply for being ‘on side’.

165General Election - Page 9 Empty Re: General Election Fri 15 Nov - 22:09

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

T.R.O.Y wrote:Oh lord:

Just when you think these idiots can’t get any worse, another who shouldn’t be anywhere near power yet has been propelled to its inner circle simply for being ‘on side’.

And this moron is the Secretary of State for Exiting the European Union! Rolling Eyes

166General Election - Page 9 Empty Re: General Election Sat 16 Nov - 0:32

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

xmiles wrote:

And this moron is the Secretary of State for Exiting the European Union! Rolling Eyes  
I would have argued that this is the funniest post of 2019. Sadly it's not meant to be and the idiot actually believes he's telling the truth. Dear God, please can we get rid of the gurning twerp in no: 10 and all his idiotic followers while there is still a Britain left?

167General Election - Page 9 Empty Re: General Election Sat 16 Nov - 15:39

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

xmiles wrote:

Have to agree, this is absurd. Its an old argument, but how he thinks Brexit will improve things I don't know.

168General Election - Page 9 Empty Re: General Election Sat 16 Nov - 15:53

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Troy, I do listen to, and read, both sides of the argument. I would like to say that both sides have some good points, but find it increasingly difficult to say they have. We are now going through the Brexit equivalent of the General election, where politicians are trying to outdo each other, forgetting that there real people have to pick up the pieces. In all honesty I believe that Labour have some points, but the cost is too high or impractical, and the Tories don't seem to be able to deliver their points too well. They are now both in a bidding war, with the cost for the whole country getting out of hand. I'm sure that if Sluffy asked for money for the forum, he'd get a million or two. I tend not to get too involved with the minor details of either process as I don't think it will have too much effect on what will be the final outcome, (and I have a rubbish memory  Very Happy)

169General Election - Page 9 Empty Re: General Election Sat 16 Nov - 16:26

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

XM, there has been plenty of abuse on here, both directly and indirectly, and from all of us to everyone else. Its not a very nice legacy for us, but thats how I see it on here, and I think that is why fewer people are posting nowadays, . I very much believe that if we were in a pub, then things would be far more amicable. I would suggest this should we meet, but of course its your round first  Very Happy

170General Election - Page 9 Empty Re: General Election Sat 16 Nov - 16:32

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Wander, I'm not sure there is anything for you to focus on, and I say this because the vast majority of your arguments are about the financial aspect of Brexit. Mine has been more on the 'management' of the country, although I accept that both are reliant on the other. As I've said all along, for me its not all about the money, more about the law-making side of things.

171General Election - Page 9 Empty Re: General Election Sun 17 Nov - 0:34

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

gloswhite wrote:Wander, I'm not sure there is anything for you to focus on, and I say this because the vast majority of your arguments are about the financial aspect of Brexit. Mine has been more on the 'management' of the country, although I accept that both are reliant on the other. As I've said all along, for me its not all about the money, more about the law-making side of things.
Understand where you're coming from, don't understand your perspective.

172General Election - Page 9 Empty Re: General Election Sun 17 Nov - 10:33

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

How many of us trust Johnson to tell the truth, especially in this phase just before the election? Do we believe what he says? Is he at all trustworthy? Surely this should matter....

What's noticeable is that the other Tories that face the cameras also have a remarkable capacity for looking straight down the lens to lie and parrot the Tory message verbatim, even when the interviewer exposes the falsehoods and evasions.

173General Election - Page 9 Empty Re: General Election Sun 17 Nov - 14:50

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

General Election - Page 9 Tenor

174General Election - Page 9 Empty Re: General Election Sun 17 Nov - 18:09

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Is that Swinson?

175General Election - Page 9 Empty Re: General Election Sun 17 Nov - 18:18

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

okocha wrote:How many of us trust Johnson to tell the truth, especially in this phase just before the election? Do we believe what he says? Is he at all trustworthy? Surely this should matter....

What's noticeable is that the other Tories that face the cameras also have a remarkable capacity for looking straight down the lens to lie and parrot the Tory message verbatim, even when the interviewer exposes the falsehoods and evasions.
Do you prefer a Tony Blair veneer?

176General Election - Page 9 Empty Re: General Election Mon 18 Nov - 1:32

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Cajunboy wrote:
okocha wrote:How many of us trust Johnson to tell the truth, especially in this phase just before the election? Do we believe what he says? Is he at all trustworthy? Surely this should matter....

I prefer policies over people. As for Tony Blair he did actually deliver a lot including the National Minimum Wage Act, The Freedom of Information Act, the Human Rights Act and a huge reduction of relative poverty which are things we now take for granted. As a pseudo Thatcherite however, he was far too supportive of American foreign policy and the development of "the special relationship" with the USA - pretty much what Boris is hanging his hat on now - which led to us getting dragged into two wars.
I don't like Corbyn but at least he's relatively transparent and there's no way he'll ever be Trump's bitch.

177General Election - Page 9 Empty Re: General Election Mon 18 Nov - 9:33

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

wanderlust wrote:
Cajunboy wrote:

I prefer policies over people. As for Tony Blair he did actually deliver a lot including the National Minimum Wage Act, The Freedom of Information Act, the Human Rights Act and a huge reduction of relative poverty which are things we now take for granted. As a pseudo Thatcherite however, he was far too supportive of American foreign policy and the development of "the special relationship" with the USA - pretty much what Boris is hanging his hat on now - which led to us getting dragged into two wars.
I don't like Corbyn but at least he's relatively transparent and there's no way he'll ever be Trump's bitch.
Ironically, given Iraq, many of Blair's policies were hugely civilising influences:- banning fox-hunting and smoking in public places....He led the  regeneration of so many of our major cities.....amazing transformations from the previous squalour.

178General Election - Page 9 Empty Re: General Election Mon 18 Nov - 10:39

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

okocha wrote:
wanderlust wrote:
Cajunboy wrote:

Ironically, given Iraq, many of Blair's policies were hugely civilising influences:- banning fox-hunting and smoking in public places....He led the  regeneration of so many of our major cities.....amazing transformations from the previous squalour.
And, according to a bloke I used to know back in the day who worked for Blair on his campaign - and not many people know this - Blair is hung like a horse. No wonder his missus always looked like her eyes were popping out.

179General Election - Page 9 Empty Re: General Election Mon 18 Nov - 12:11

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Alexander Borat de Pfeiffel Johnson has just told the CBI that he will be shelving the promised cut to corporation tax:
General Election - Page 9 Boris-eton-750x903
Unsurprising that he has gone back on his promise, but interesting that he is now reacting to Labour having shifted the battle ground away from Brexit and on to education, health and technology.

That said, Jeremy Bernard Corbyn has just told the CBI that Labour will get a better deal from Europe done quicker than the Tories can:
General Election - Page 9 Images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcSwViar1u1BVAjvSRPOIqKdsKwV7K1r17RKMoum4vLW553vyzS4

It's all games.

180General Election - Page 9 Empty Re: General Election Tue 19 Nov - 0:57

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 9 of 24]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 16 ... 24  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum