Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

General Election

+15
Natasha Whittam
sunlight
okocha
observer
karlypants
Norpig
Cajunboy
wanderlust
Angry Dad
xmiles
Hipster_Nebula
gloswhite
boltonbonce
luckyPeterpiper
Bollotom2014
19 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 18 ... 24  Next

Go down  Message [Page 12 of 24]

221General Election - Page 12 Empty Re: General Election Fri Nov 22 2019, 10:44

Labour party members generated over £1 million in small donations in just 10 days at the beginning of November. 

For the many, not the few Glos.

222General Election - Page 12 Empty Re: General Election Fri Nov 22 2019, 10:47

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

T.R.O.Y wrote:Labour party members generated over £1 million in small donations in just 10 days at the beginning of November. 

For the many, not the few Glos.
Fair enough, most commendable, but not quite sure what it was raised for, as the election cash only comes to £275k. 
Was it for charity? (genuine question)

223General Election - Page 12 Empty Re: General Election Fri Nov 22 2019, 11:01

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

gloswhite wrote:
xmiles wrote:Is this fair?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-2019-50508009

Until donations to political parties are restricted to a reasonable level the Tories will always be financed by rich bastards many of whom are not even British.
'Reasonable' meaning what the labour, and other parties, can afford.  We are being told constantly how many official members there are in the Labour Party, yet it seems nobody has the confidence to donate more than a very small amount. 
Please don't give me the argument that Labour voters are worse off, as there are some very rich Labour donors I'm sure. 
I wouldn't be surprised if they are keeping their money safe knowing that the ludicrous Labour manifesto is going to cost everyone a small fortune.

Reasonable is a figure that individuals who are not millionaires can afford. A figure of £1000 per annum per individual or company seems reasonable to me. Do you object to this glos?

It would help to stop the endemic corruption of the rich contributing literally millions of pounds to the Tories for services rendered or to be rendered.

224General Election - Page 12 Empty Re: General Election Fri Nov 22 2019, 20:05

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Angry Dad wrote:200,000 assuming they all vote you're still gonna lose buddy.
Perhaps so AD maybe even probably so but I firmly believe their voices should be heard.

In truth while I voted Remain and still wish we'd won the initial referendum I wasn't particularly surprised by the outcome nor do I have any real problem with it except the campaigns on BOTH sides were full of lies and even worse half-truths that meant far too many people were unable to make a properly informed choice but that's politics for you and likely always will be.

What I am angry about is the half-arsed, completely incompetent bungling by both May and Johnson that's left us with a dreadful 'deal' that's of no tangible benefit to anyone in the UK. I think if the referendum had said "Leave on these terms" vs "Remain" the vote would have gone the other way.

Whatever happens next I am praying that our children and grandchildren don't wind up paying the price for a myopic, 'little england' decision that's been made in haste by people who swallowed the rhetoric of bigots like Farage.

Maybe I'm wrong, perhaps leaving will be good for the UK but I can't see how and it seems a large and growing number of British business and political figures agree with me.

225General Election - Page 12 Empty Re: General Election Sat Nov 23 2019, 11:17

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

luckyPeterpiper wrote:
Angry Dad wrote:200,000 assuming they all vote you're still gonna lose buddy.
Perhaps so AD maybe even probably so but I firmly believe their voices should be heard.

In truth while I voted Remain and still wish we'd won the initial referendum I wasn't particularly surprised by the outcome nor do I have any real problem with it except the campaigns on BOTH sides were full of lies and even worse half-truths that meant far too many people were unable to make a properly informed choice but that's politics for you and likely always will be.

What I am angry about is the half-arsed, completely incompetent bungling by both May and Johnson that's left us with a dreadful 'deal' that's of no tangible benefit to anyone in the UK. I think if the referendum had said "Leave on these terms" vs "Remain" the vote would have gone the other way.

Whatever happens next I am praying that our children and grandchildren don't wind up paying the price for a myopic, 'little england' decision that's been made in haste by people who swallowed the rhetoric of bigots like Farage.

Maybe I'm wrong, perhaps leaving will be good for the UK but I can't see how and it seems a large and growing number of British business and political figures agree with me.
The initial referendum was in 1975 and the country voted overwhelmingly (66%) to be part of the EU. It took a 40 year hate campaign from Rupert Murdoch et al and an illegal and dishonest disinformation campaign to overturn the people's will - and yet these folk still argue that once a referendum has happened there should never be another.

226General Election - Page 12 Empty Re: General Election Sat Nov 23 2019, 12:10

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Logic or common sense have never been an element of the brexit mindset. They prefer ignorance and prejudice.

227General Election - Page 12 Empty Re: General Election Sat Nov 23 2019, 14:10

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Going back over the years to scrutinise someone's voting record is as irrelevant as giving present-day credence to a warped referendum from nearly four years ago. 
People inevitably change their minds as time passes and makes clear the untruths on which the referendum, for example, was based. I'm always staggered by those who say nothing has encouraged them to change their attitude after four years of debate.
Paul Simon: "Still a man hears what he wants to hear, and disregards the rest".

Having watched last night's depressing Leaders' debate, I am forced to feel I can't vote for any of them. How telling it would be if huge numbers of the electorate abstained! It would be a far clearer representation of the current mood of the nation!

228General Election - Page 12 Empty Re: General Election Sat Nov 23 2019, 14:29

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

okocha wrote:Going back over the years to scrutinise someone's voting record is as irrelevant as giving present-day credence to a warped referendum from nearly four years ago. 
People inevitably change their minds as time passes and makes clear the untruths on which the referendum, for example, was based. I'm always staggered by those who say nothing has encouraged them to change their attitude after four years of debate.

Having watched last night's depressing Leaders' debate, I am forced to feel I can't vote for any of them. How telling it would be if huge numbers of the electorate abstained! It would be a far clearer representation of the current mood of the nation!
...and it would facilitate shooing in a terrible deal with terrible consequences for the country. As mentioned previously, we've never had it so good and yet we're ready to throw it all away.

229General Election - Page 12 Empty Re: General Election Sat Nov 23 2019, 15:03

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

okocha wrote:Going back over the years to scrutinise someone's voting record is as irrelevant as giving present-day credence to a warped referendum from nearly four years ago. 

As WL has already pointed out that will just let Boris force through his terrible deal.

230General Election - Page 12 Empty Re: General Election Sun Nov 24 2019, 21:28

sunlight

sunlight
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

If everybody ate only that water-thin soup that Jermey Corbyn has on the benches of parliament on his lunch break there would be no obesity in Britain.

231General Election - Page 12 Empty Re: General Election Sun Nov 24 2019, 21:52

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

sunlight wrote:If everybody ate only that water-thin soup that Jermey Corbyn has on the benches of parliament on his lunch break there would be no obesity in Britain.
Bring back gruel!
I'm quietly confident Borat will TBH. And as it's meat free it could be sold as an anti global warming measure.

232General Election - Page 12 Empty Re: General Election Sun Nov 24 2019, 22:00

sunlight

sunlight
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

wanderlust wrote:
sunlight wrote:If everybody ate only that water-thin soup that Jermey Corbyn has on the benches of parliament on his lunch break there would be no obesity in Britain.
Bring back gruel!
I'm quietly confident Borat will TBH. And as it's meat free it could be sold as an anti global warming measure.

Put that one to Greggs Pasties, for their Vegan range. Corbyn would want to pick a pocket or two with taxes.

233General Election - Page 12 Empty Re: General Election Sun Nov 24 2019, 22:07

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

sunlight wrote:
wanderlust wrote:
Bring back gruel!

Put that one to Greggs Pasties, for their Vegan range. Corbyn would want to pick a pocket or two with taxes.
Out of curiosity I tried a Greggs vegan sausage roll last month. For a quid you can get a reasonably tasty tube of vegetable fat.

234General Election - Page 12 Empty Re: General Election Sun Nov 24 2019, 22:27

sunlight

sunlight
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Someone once brought some bags of pasties after going in Geggs ( without warning ) and offered myself a bag. It was a white bag and the content matter had leaked causing the paper bag to be transparent in parts of it in contact with the pastie. I was wondering if I should ring the Police as I suspected She was trying to poison me.

235General Election - Page 12 Empty Re: General Election Mon Nov 25 2019, 01:54

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Yay! Borat is promising an extra 50,000 NHS nurses! And tighter immigration controls!
Questions anyone?

236General Election - Page 12 Empty Re: General Election Mon Nov 25 2019, 13:19

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

wanderlust wrote:Yay! Borat is promising an extra 50,000 NHS nurses! And tighter immigration controls!
Questions anyone?
Where are the nurses coming from.

237General Election - Page 12 Empty Re: General Election Mon Nov 25 2019, 14:47

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Angry Dad wrote:
wanderlust wrote:Yay! Borat is promising an extra 50,000 NHS nurses! And tighter immigration controls!
Questions anyone?
Where are the nurses coming from.
We have a winner!

238General Election - Page 12 Empty Re: General Election Mon Nov 25 2019, 21:24

sunlight

sunlight
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Because the Nurses have all gone back to Spain and other Countries now that Brexit is about to happen and we havent got many left. A proper mess.

239General Election - Page 12 Empty Re: General Election Tue Nov 26 2019, 02:16

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

sunlight wrote:Because the Nurses have all gone back to Spain and other Countries now that Brexit is about to happen and we havent got many left. A proper mess.
More to the point, it's yet another undeliverable empty promise with which to put the likes of Rupert Murdoch in control of our country regardless of the cost to ordinary British people, too many of whom are taken in by the web of lies and the anti-European propaganda campaign.

240General Election - Page 12 Empty Re: General Election Wed Nov 27 2019, 15:05

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 12 of 24]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 18 ... 24  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum